Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (62363 Views)

You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians / Buy & Fix Your Motor Windscreen / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:27am On Feb 18, 2019
here!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Aanumi16: 10:21am On Feb 18, 2019
MotorGuru:
here!
Good Morning.
Recently I observed that my Toyota Camry 08 i4 consumes more fuel than normal and a check engine came up. After scanning I have P2238 and P0172. Did an emission test and it failed. What do you think could be the problem?
Attached is my diagnostic report.
Need help here

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:23pm On Feb 18, 2019
Aanumi16:

Good Morning.
Recently I observed that my Toyota Camry 08 i4 consumes more fuel than normal and a check engine came up. After scanning I have P2238 and P0172. Did an emission test and it failed. What do you think could be the problem?
Attached is my diagnostic report.
Need help here

Oxygen sensor faulty. Replace Oxygen sensor. Check and confirm all vacuum lines are in place.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by nemadfsyahooc: 8:21pm On Feb 18, 2019
Pls house the rear brake lights of Camry 2008/stays on even when car is switched off. What could be the cause.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:43am On Feb 19, 2019
nemadfsyahooc:
Pls house the rear brake lights of Camry 2008/stays on even when car is switched off. What could be the cause.

Faulty brake switch. Replace.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by platinumtt: 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2019
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by andykay(m): 12:32pm On Feb 21, 2019
What issues does a BMW e46 that have its battery at back has compared with one that has its battery in the front. Which one is the best? Thank you for your quick response
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:07pm On Feb 21, 2019
andykay:
What issues does a BMW e46 that have its battery at back has compared with one that has its battery in the front. Which one is the best? Thank you for your quick response

No problems with that. Car still performs as it should.

But the Main reason is due to weight distribution between the front and rear axles (50:50 weight distribution)
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by aoshea18: 1:12pm On Feb 21, 2019
Good day sir, is there a way to disable the interior courtesy lights from always coming on whenever the door is opened or the ignition is turned off in a 2006 Volvo s80. It is annoying and sometimes ends up running my battery down!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by andykay(m): 1:19pm On Feb 21, 2019
MotorGuru:

No problems with that. Car still performs as it should.

But the Main reason is due to weight distribution between the front and rear axles (50:50 weight distribution)

Thank you sir. You just lifted a burden from my heart.
So, it's a good buy. God bless you.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2019
our whatsapp section is now Live!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by aoshea18: 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2019
aoshea18:
Good day sir, is there a way to disable the interior courtesy lights from always coming on whenever the door is opened or the ignition is turned off in a 2006 Volvo s80. It is annoying and sometimes ends up running my battery down!

?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2019
aoshea18:

?

Cc. Valarinz
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 10:07pm On Feb 21, 2019
dru23:

Oga read the Manuel well or oil. Cap .. It is 5w30 and I have oil filter that will last 15k miles

HM4967 IS NOT AN EXTENDED MILEAGE FILTER. IT IS ONLY GOOD FOR 3000-5000 MILES. USE THAT WITH EXTENDED OIL AND YOU WILL MESS UP YOUR CAR.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by dru23(m): 11:07pm On Feb 21, 2019
radautoworks:

HM4967 IS NOT AN EXTENDED MILEAGE FILTER. IT IS ONLY GOOD
FOR 3000-5000 MILES. USE THAT WITH EXTENDED OIL AND YOU WILL MESS UP YOUR CAR.

That was the only picture of the 5w30 that I had.. And it happens to have the oil filter and the 0w20 oil too ...
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by dru23(m): 11:22pm On Feb 21, 2019
radautoworks:

HM4967 IS NOT AN EXTENDED MILEAGE FILTER. IT IS ONLY GOOD FOR 3000-5000 MILES. USE THAT WITH EXTENDED OIL AND YOU WILL MESS UP YOUR CAR.

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 10:03am On Feb 22, 2019
dru23:

That's not the filter you were posting
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by dru23(m): 10:08am On Feb 22, 2019
radautoworks:

That's not the filter you were posting

Like I said before, the only picture I have of 5w30 mobil 1 oil happens to have a filter on it .. I was not implying that the filter with the 5w30 is for his car .. After all I posted another filter that was ordered for a lexus 2013 ..
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:54am On Feb 22, 2019
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 1:12pm On Feb 22, 2019
dru23:

Like I said before, the only picture I have of 5w30 mobil 1 oil happens to have a filter on it .. I was not implying that the filter with the 5w30 is for his car .. After all I posted another filter that was ordered for a lexus 2013 ..

That specific post did imply that but now you have been clearer people understand.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Momsietwins: 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2019
MotorGuru:
cheesy
Please in Toyota camry 2009and rav 4 2009 which one is more advisable to buy in terms of fuel efficiency and car maintenance
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Michael547(m): 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2019
You can call on me to run a diagnosis on your car for you at a cheap amount for any car.......I live in ibadan and will appreciate ibadan clients. 08167469103 phone call or whatsapp.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by clemz85(m): 8:33am On Feb 23, 2019
Guru
Why reverse gears make sound in manual
Cars?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by keglo: 1:43am On Feb 24, 2019
Pls is Nissan Quest 1999 nija use but very clean still a good car what about Mutishibushi galant 1995 as well.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by keglo: 1:46am On Feb 24, 2019
Pls is Nissan Quest 1999 nija use but very clean still a good car what about Mutishibushi galant 1995 as well.Their parts.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by TobiDirax(m): 5:28pm On Feb 24, 2019
MotorGuru:

Foreign used Corolla of course. cheesy

Most Nigerian used cars are evil. They have been badly abused which may ruin the new owner financially if care is not taken. embarassed

Nigerians sell their problems, not their cars

I agree with you. But that statement cannot be generalised. I sold my Toyota Camry 2005 in top condition and I bought Honda DC Nigerian used which has never given me any issue since I got it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by TobiDirax(m): 6:16pm On Feb 24, 2019
dru23:

Oga read the Manuel well or oil. Cap .. It is 5w30 and I have oil filter that will last 15k miles

Sir,

Do you have this oil filter for Honda Accord DC 2006.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:00am On Feb 25, 2019
TobiDirax:

I agree with you. But that statement cannot be generalised. I sold my Toyota Camry 2005 in top condition and I bought Honda DC Nigerian used which has never given me any issue since I got it.

You were lucky cheesy
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by dru23(m): 11:45am On Feb 25, 2019
TobiDirax:

Sir,

Do you have this oil filter for Honda Accord DC 2006.

Sorry I don't have.. The ones I have a for civic.. But u said urs is an accord.. What is accord dc?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by martyns200(m): 6:19am On Feb 26, 2019
dru23:

Sorry I don't have.. The ones I have a for civic.. But u said urs is an accord.. What is accord dc?

is jus a name given to cars, like we have big daddy/big for nothing, muscle, fish light, pencil light, evil spirit, end of discussion and the list goes on and on......so the 2006 honda accord is known as discussion continue.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by dru23(m): 10:15am On Feb 26, 2019
martyns200:

is jus a name given to cars, like we have big daddy/big for nothing, muscle, fish light, pencil light, evil spirit, end of discussion and the list goes on and on......so the 2006 honda accord is known as discussion continue.

Yeah I just remembered. Was too lazy to delete that question. I have to check to see if the filter is compatible with the accord.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by myners007: 6:17am On Feb 28, 2019
Good Morning Sir,Please i need advice on how to resolve a challenge of increasing temperature of My 2007 v6. The temperature guage ussualy rise to the middle level barely minutes after kick off.I took the car down to a radiator mechanic and he advised that i get a new radiator and that the one inside is expired. The radiator of the car was changed replaced with a belgium one this January and i wonder why would the radiator be replaced in such a short period of time.I also observed tremendous rise in the temperature whenever the ac is switched on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply)

Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video / Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) / Man Uses "Juju" To Secure His Car After It Broke Down In A Ghetto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.