Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 (24519 Views)

BBNaija 2018: Details Of Housemates Pairing (Pictures) / #BBNaija 2018: 6 Housemates Evicted Already / BBNaija 2018: Audition Dates, Requirements And All You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by LordKO(m): 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
Kudos OP. However:

- "Never Play Safe" is rather a very bad advice. To know when and where to give in and when and where not to is better - Act without reservation at your own peril. In fact, this item contradict your number 8 which says "Pride Goes Before A Fall."

- "Experience Is The Best Teacher" you say. Believe you me, it's better to be smart and learn from the seasoned-wise than to experience firsthand. Many have been consumed in the cause of experimenting. . . may this never be anyone's case.

- " As Much As You Can, Mind Your Business" is a bad advice too, because it helps in consolidating vices in particular and evils in general. Being conscientious is better. You'll be remembered for it.

- "Love is Love." This can only holds true so long as you maintain, sustain and retain the attributes that made the affectionate to be good towards you. Always remember that love, just like respect and loyalty, is reciprocal. Love maybe unconditional, but the preferential benefits from it aren't. . . not even the one offered by nature to mankind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by BiafranBushBoy: 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
lalasticlala weldone!!

Something I posted since morning... smh.
Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by Follygunners: 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
Dumb post by a dumb OP.

How come they nvr write educative articles like Science &Tech, Engineering, Finance et al...?

Regressive bunch! undecided

1 Like

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by Maj196(m): 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
Trash... Anoda #LazyNigerianYouth

2 Likes

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by oshe11: 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
Safarigirl why didnt You mention me?

1 Like

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by wonlasewonimi: 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2018
See analysis on top of this useless show.
Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by makydebbie(f): 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
I actually read this to the end.

So on point. You've slayed this article. Nice one babe.

1 Like

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by ogbada33: 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
Thumps up... You'll make a good writer.
Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by jaxxy(m): 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
Nice write up and I agree with most of ur points
Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by makydebbie(f): 2:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
Follygunners:
Dumb post by a dumb OP.

How come they nvr write educative articles like Science &Tech, Engineering, Finance et al...?

You that you're wise, where are your articles? undecided

Safarigirl is popular in the literature section where she writes beautiful stories. And this article even though it was about bbn, also talks about life's lessons.
If you don't have anything reasonable to say, that's the way.
>>>>>>>

3 Likes

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
eezeribe:

Imagine getting 170 million votes at 30 naira per SMS in less than 90 days,that is 510 million naira out of which the winner walks away with 25 million naira cash and 20 million naira in add-on. The balance of 465 million will be more than enough to offset the logistics cost which was also jointly shouldered by sponsors such as Payport,Dufil and Minimie,Pepsi,Legend,Dano,Airtel,etc.

bro, lets start again.... 170M votes X ₦30 equals to HOW MUCH?!?!?!? it certainly aint ₦510M, but ₦5.1B, duh!
Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by Munzy14(m): 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
safarigirl nice one!. attention to details. Oshe11 I see u.

1 Like

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
Maj196:
Trash... Anoda #LazyNigerianYouth
Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by tickertop(m): 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2018
Nice write up. You summarized it all...bbn 2018 thought a lot. If you no like the show nobody force you.
There are other shows

2 Likes

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by Patrinus: 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2018
@safarigirl

There's this saying that those who give good advice often find it hard to take it. No. 4 on your list comes to mind. How often do you mind your business

I watched you quarrel your way through that BBN thread picking needless fight with anyone willing to disagree with you. You try to be politically correct as well at one point or the other supporting people's favourite(s) and turning round to diss or sneak diss these contestants and whenever you're called out by any party you're quick to point out where you admonished contestant(s) or heaped encomiums on contestant(s) giving you a purported invincibility and neutrality cloak. . . . . ahahahaha! grin grin grin

My dear, you can deceive some people all the time, you can also deceive all the people some time but YOU CANNOT DECEIVE ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME!

Some of your antics has also played out in sports section where you openly take on people, some deservedly so and others purely unwarranted. My dear, you see this life when u dey see so.....it never gives second chance in some instance, particularly when you are a celebrity of sorts (at least on NL you are). You criticized cee c, do you know you have peeps hating on you that you don't even know about

I know you did not do this for the views or likes but going by your stans on here and the respect you seem to command, one would expect the post to be flooded with likes, considering the fact that you've got 4 thousand plus views on this particular thread alone and you're the almighty safarigirl.......you know what I deduce from this?

Your message is welcomed but not you!!!

My sister, try and take a cue. There's more to life than running someone down on the internet, a phrase I believe you've used before. Don't make enemies that will stand up the day you're nominated for sports minister of Nigeria! grin grin grin

That's to show you I bear no ill feelings towards you, just positive vibes! kiss kiss kiss

7 Likes

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by Follygunners: 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2018
makydebbie:
You that you're wise, where are your articles? undecided

Safarigirl is popular in the literature section where she writes beautiful stories. And this article even though it was about bbn, also talks about life's lessons.
If you don't have anything reasonable to say, that's the way.
>>>>>>>

Abeg who the fvck is dis mal-nourished goat

Of what value-added is the show to our lives other than to distract youths from the impending crisis across the nation. Life lessons from bb9ja is where you learn, abi?

Imagine, na from Ghana dis thing come sha. Dang.
Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by sisisioge: 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2018
OK...I didn't much follow the show though NL filled me in just fine. In all, I totally love the part where OP opined that love is love. Whoever loves do so without inhibition. A loving heart will continue to love regardless of the beloved short comings.

Hmmm, its like an unrequited validation that nothing do me and my trapped in fairyland heart grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by samfibby(m): 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2018
Afam4eva:
The truth is that, even though it's hard to predict shows such as this, your article captured it to a large extent. When Efe won last year, some people thought they could come this year with the same "poverty" rhetoric and win viewers to their side. Biito was the first person to try it and his fellow housemates shut him up while the viewers sent him packing in subsequent weeks. Why did it work for Efe and not Biito? I think it has more to do with the personality than the sob story. Yes, the sob story helped, but even if Ceec's middle name was poverty, she couldn't have won. Nigerians and humans in general can see through people.

Ceec, despite her evident lack of social decorum, still got this far. This will spur people next year to want to act the same script without realizing that it's not just about the fact that Ceec was quarrelsome but the fact that she was an enigma. People were amiss as to why someone can act like this. She wasn't the regular trouble maker. She was a different brand and it endeared her to a lot of people.

I also agree with the Rico stuff. Even though he had the least confrontations in the house and was rarely nominated, he wasn't the viewer's favourite either because there was nothing tangible to actually tie him to. That's why despite the fact he stayed long enough, he has less instagram followers than some people who left before him. He was too ordinary and not enigmatic. His doom came when the housemates reduced and his true character began to show. People now saw him for who he truly was. He wasn't necessarily a bad person but someone who runs away from conflicts even when it is necessary. I think americans call people like that "b1tch".

Tobi would have been a strong contender for the prize but his game was spoiled the moment he agreed to make Ceec his strategic partner. People began to see him as weak and he made matters worse due to his gossiping prowess. Even though Ceec did more evil than him, he had less fans than her. Such is life.

Miracle on the other hand was a perfect gentleman. He was enigmatic just like Ceec except that it was mostly positive vibes from him. He was never involved in any verbal insults with anybody even though he was one of the most disliked in the house. he only speaks when it's absolutely necessary. The first time he really spoke up was when they were doing the pepsi dance competition and because he felt he was right, he kept harping on the fact that it's a competition and noo ne should be breastfed. He also took competitions very seriously (unlike Alex) and he succeeded in winning the most payporte games. Who else deserves to win if not him?

If anyone intend to apply for Big Brother Naija next year, just be yourself, don't try to be what you're not because Nigerians will see through you. We may be many things, but not easily deceived. If your behavior is likable, people will suport, if it's not, they will send you packing.

Somehow, i managed to read this entire epistle. WTF!
Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by eterisan(m): 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
Safarigirl, you should write for a blog with pay or something...[I don't know anything about it, but I believe you should be making money from this] You are so good... Damn... If and when you enter bbnaija house.... I will vote for you.....

1 Like

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by makydebbie(f): 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2018
Follygunners:

Abeg who the fvck is dis mal-nourished goat

Of what value-added is the show to our lives other than to distract youths from the impending crisis across the nation. Life lessons from bb9ja is where you learn, abi?

Imagine, na from Ghana dis thing come sha. Dang.
Lol, I learn from everywhere. Bbn, school, church, friends. You can always learn life lessons in every situation since every action you make has consequences.

Yes, na Ghana I come from.
"Thing, goat". Pick a struggle already.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by castro234(m): 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2018
Bros do ur math well 170million multiply by 30 is 5.1billion cash they made from naijans
eezeribe:
I didn't read that epistle up there....
One important lesson I always learn from big brother Naija is how to make mad profit without given a fucck about who cares or not;as typical of monopolistic capitalists.
Within 90 days of the show,Multichoice will make more pure profit than it would make in a year from selling its Pay TV service on DSTV and GOTV...
Imagine getting 170 million votes at 30 naira per SMS in less than 90 days,that is 510 million naira out of which the winner walks away with 25 million naira cash and 20 million naira in add-on. The balance of 465 million will be more than enough to offset the logistics cost which was also jointly shouldered by sponsors such as Payport,Dufil and Minimie,Pepsi,Legend,Dano,Airtel,etc.
BIG BROTHER NAIJA IS PURE BUSINESS;NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS.
To hell with those lessons listed by the Op;if I want to learn moral lessons,there are are appropriate and more conventional places to do that.
Op,have you already forgotten everything you learnt in Civic education,Sunday school and the ones you learnt at home
Or don't you know where they sell self development books like 'THE SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE' by Stephen Covey and 'WHY YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO' by Tim Lahaye etc
Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by steveDpro: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ok
Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by eterisan(m): 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2018
Follygunners:
Dumb post by a dumb OP.

which one have you written.... Look at you

1 Like

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2018
eezeribe:
I didn't read that epistle up there....
One important lesson I always learn from big brother Naija is how to make mad profit without given a fucck about who cares or not;as typical of monopolistic capitalists.
Within 90 days of the show,Multichoice will make more pure profit than it would make in a year from selling its Pay TV service on DSTV and GOTV...
BIG BROTHER NAIJA IS PURE BUSINESS;NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS.
To hell with those lessons listed by the Op;if I want to learn moral lessons,there are are appropriate and more conventional places to do that.
Op,have you already forgotten everything you learnt in Civic education,Sunday school and the ones you learnt at home
Or don't you know where they sell self development books like 'THE SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE' by Stephen Covey and 'WHY YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO' by Tim Lahaye etc
5.1 billion not 510 million
Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by oshe11: 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2018
Munzy14:
safarigirl nice one!. attention to details.
Oshe11 I see u.
Lol.....

Respect bro!

Was actually a Nice work.

1 Like

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by sisisioge: 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2018
LordKO:
Kudos OP. However:

- "Never Play Safe" is rather a very bad advice. To know when and where to give in and when and where not to is better - Act without reservation at your own peril. In fact, this item contradict your number 8 which says "Pride Goes Before A Fall."

- "Experience Is The Best Teacher" you say. Believe you me, it's better to be smart and learn from the seasoned-wise than to experience firsthand. Many have been consumed in the cause of experimenting. . . may this never be anyone's case.

- " As Much As You Can, Mind Your Business" is a bad advice too, because it helps in consolidating vices in particular and evils in general. Being conscientious is better. You'll be remembered for it.

- "Love is Love." This can only holds true so long as you maintain, sustain and retain the attributes that made the affectionate to be good towards you. Always remember that love, just like respect and loyalty, is reciprocal. Love maybe unconditional, but the preferential benefits from it aren't. . . not even the one offered by nature to mankind.

Boss, bet love is love nau. We continue to make excuses for those we love until the love turns sour. She didn't say love is perpetual, she said we would love for as long as the love remains love regardless of all short comings. Amen grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by Truckpusher(m): 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2018
Afam4eva:
The truth is that, even though it's hard to predict shows such as this, your article captured it to a large extent. When Efe won last year, some people thought they could come this year with the same "poverty" rhetoric and win viewers to their side. Biito was the first person to try it and his fellow housemates shut him up while the viewers sent him packing in subsequent weeks. Why did it work for Efe and not Biito? I think it has more to do with the personality than the sob story. Yes, the sob story helped, but even if Ceec's middle name was poverty, she couldn't have won. Nigerians and humans in general can see through people.

Ceec, despite her evident lack of social decorum, still got this far. This will spur people next year to want to act the same script without realizing that it's not just about the fact that Ceec was quarrelsome but the fact that she was an enigma. People were amiss as to why someone can act like this. She wasn't the regular trouble maker. She was a different brand and it endeared her to a lot of people.

I also agree with the Rico stuff. Even though he had the least confrontations in the house and was rarely nominated, he wasn't the viewer's favourite either because there was nothing tangible to actually tie him to. That's why despite the fact he stayed long enough, he has less instagram followers than some people who left before him. He was too ordinary and not enigmatic. His doom came when the housemates reduced and his true character began to show. People now saw him for who he truly was. He wasn't necessarily a bad person but someone who runs away from conflicts even when it is necessary. I think americans call people like that "b1tch".

Tobi would have been a strong contender for the prize but his game was spoiled the moment he agreed to make Ceec his strategic partner. People began to see him as weak and he made matters worse due to his gossiping prowess. Even though Ceec did more evil than him, he had less fans than her. Such is life.

Miracle on the other hand was a perfect gentleman. He was enigmatic just like Ceec except that it was mostly positive vibes from him. He was never involved in any verbal insults with anybody even though he was one of the most disliked in the house. he only speaks when it's absolutely necessary. The first time he really spoke up was when they were doing the pepsi dance competition and because he felt he was right, he kept harping on the fact that it's a competition and noo ne should be breastfed. He also took competitions very seriously (unlike Alex) and he succeeded in winning the most payporte games. Who else deserves to win if not him?

If anyone intend to apply for Big Brother Naija next year, just be yourself, don't try to be what you're not because Nigerians will see through you. We may be many things, but not easily deceived. If your behavior is likable, people will suport, if it's not, they will send you packing.
Don't tell me you've been watching this show like these lazy Nigerian youths!! cheesy
Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by Truckpusher(m): 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
Sleekyshuga:
Beautiful piece to start the week..

Thumbs up, girl..
cheesy

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by Afam4eva(m): 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
Truckpusher:
Don't tell me you've been watching this show like these lazy Nigerian youths!! cheesy
I'm not ashamed to say i watched about 5% of the show but followed 90% of it. I have always been lazy, so it's no biggie for me.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by Truckpusher(m): 3:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
Afam4eva:

I'm not ashamed to say i watched about 5% of the show but followed 90% of it. I have always been lazy, so it's no biggie for me.
What's the difference between watching it and following it ? cheesy
Re: 8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 by samzzycash(m): 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2018
Afam4eva:

i doubt if Ceec has more fans than him like safari girl said it was all down to experience. Last time he was up with Ceec he beat her but after that he was never up for eviction he was too relaxed while Ceec fans are busy Registering different sim cards for OTP. They were more prepared..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finally Out: Download Video Alani Pamolekun Part 3 – Latest Yoruba Movie 2015 / Do You Know The Name Of This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? / BBNaija: Liquorose Emerges Head Of House (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.