Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos (28705 Views)

Top 10 Famous Car Quotes / Secrets Behind The World's Most Famous Car Logos / Surprising Things Made By Famous Car Companies From All Over The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by Automotive1(m): 1:26am On Apr 24, 2018
Some of the logos you see on most iconic brands like the four rings on Audi and the three-pointed star on Mercedes Benz might just look like a fancy ornament to you, but these badges actually has a hidden meaning.

Here are some of the hidden meaning behind the famous car logos

1) Audi

The 4 rings of the logo represent four car companies (Audi, Horch, DKW and Wanderer) that merged in 1932 to create Audi’s predecessor company, Auto Union and the overlapping circles showing their partnership.

2) BMW Bayerische Motoren Werke AG

The blue and white quadrants represent the Bavarian Free State colors ,but in the opposed order because it was illegal to use national symbols in a commercial trademark.

The origin of the logo is often thought to be a portrayal of the movement of an aircraft propeller with the white blades cutting through a blue sky. 

3) Hyundai

While the symbol might just look like the letter "H" from the first letter of Hyundai , its actually symbolizes hyundai salesperson shaking hands with a happy customer after making a deal.

4) Mercedes-Benz

The Mercedes three-point was first seen in the 1980s before "Mercedes-Benz" was added to the official logo in 1990.

The three-pointed star simply represents the brand’s domination of the land, the sea, and the air.

5) Rolls-Royce

Rolls-Royce's logo is simply the "RR" initials of the company name.

But the more iconic symbol of the brand is its "Spirit of Ecstasy" bonnet ornament.

The original ornament was created when British politician John Douglas-Scott-Montagu commissioned sculptor Charles Robinson Sykes to create a personal mascot for his 1909 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost.

Using Montagu's mistress, actress Eleanor Velasco Thornton as the model, Sykes created the famous "The Whisper" statue, which has featured on nearly every Rolls-Royce car since 1911.

6) Lamborghini

The reason behind the iconic Lamborghini was because Ferruccio Lamborghini was born on April 28, 1916, and a bull is the zodiac sign of Taurus. He was also a fan of bull fighting.

7) Ferrari

The prancing horse was first seen on the plane of Francesco Baracca, who was a heroic pilot in the World War I.

Enzo , a racing driver for Alfa Romeo adopted it as the mascot for his brand after Baracca's mother told him to use it on his racing cars as a lucky charm. He added a splash of yellow to represent his home city, Modena.

cool Porsche

The Porsche badge has a number of meanings blended into one.

The bold horse express the power of the cars Porsche would become famous for.

The red and black represent the crest of Württemberg-Baden, the area where Porsche was based, while the black steed features on Stuttgart’s coat of arms.

9) Mitsubishi

The origin of the logo is reflected in the company name. ‘Mitsu’ means ‘three’ in Japanese, while ‘hishi’ (pronounced ‘bishi’) means water chestnut. Japanese also use the same word to represent a rhombus or diamond shape.

10) Toyota

It took Toyota about 5 years to develop the three-oval logo. The 3 ovals in the Toyota logo are linked in a horizontally symmetrical layout.

The inner ovals symbolise the heart of the customer and the heart of the company, overlapping to represent a mutually beneficial relationship and trust between the two, as well as forming a ‘T’ shape for Toyota. The outer oval one signifies the world embracing Toyota.

Each oval is drawn with different stroke thicknesses, pointing to Japanese calligraphy art and culture.

The space in the background within the logo represents Toyota's technological advancement and the boundless opportunities ahead.

Feel free to add yours 

Source https://autojosh.com/see-the-hidden-meaning-behind-these-10-famous-car-logos/

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by Maydayy(m): 1:36am On Apr 24, 2018
The best are Mercedes and Hyundai, very nice concepts.
My opinion though

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 24, 2018
This is so cool.

That Hyundai one 'burst' my head sha!

40 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by okachie1(m): 2:21am On Apr 24, 2018
Now this is very informative!

10 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by vault(m): 2:27am On Apr 24, 2018
Listening to my self reading this is giving me goose bumps........

That's how surprised and shocked I am, hopefully am still part of the first 50000 people to know this..

Hyundai and toyota burst mi bubbles tho

19 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by Oblitz(m): 3:03am On Apr 24, 2018
nice info

click on the link on my signature to get more information and pictures of this revolutionary flooring methods.

6 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by odiereke(m): 4:01am On Apr 24, 2018
Thank You Op.

6 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by Aldebaran(m): 6:32am On Apr 24, 2018
Thanks op... smiley

4 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by nams77: 6:56am On Apr 24, 2018
Benz and Hyundai are quite inspiring but that Toyota own be like prophecy fulfilled"the world embracing Toyota"

21 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by Patrick33(m): 7:02am On Apr 24, 2018
THE INNOSON LOGO:
This logo is inspired by the name of thr C.E.O.... seriously its just the name... ugh Africans grin

9 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by jashar(f): 7:09am On Apr 24, 2018
Fantastic...

5 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by Maxymilliano(m): 7:09am On Apr 24, 2018
Be My Wife ... BMW

5 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by Remzie(m): 7:11am On Apr 24, 2018
Hmmmmm,

ORIGINAL HONEY IS AVAILABLE NOW @AFFORDABLE PRICE. 09053535672
Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by clela63: 7:11am On Apr 24, 2018
SMart Ass
Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by psalmson001: 7:17am On Apr 24, 2018
Hmmm
Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by Hibiscuss(m): 7:19am On Apr 24, 2018
Who else thought BMW means BE MY WIFE?

30 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by Asology(m): 7:20am On Apr 24, 2018
For me, it's Toyota and Hyundai

3 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:21am On Apr 24, 2018
Toyota own make sence

2 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by Iceberg3: 7:23am On Apr 24, 2018
Coneheads should please come out with their own danfo logo and tell us what it symbolizes. grin

2 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by koning: 7:23am On Apr 24, 2018
So where is IVM. I order you to come back and tell us the meaning and story behind the IVM logo.

I am not going to do your work for you. Charity begins at home.

6 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by AyamConfidence(m): 7:24am On Apr 24, 2018
I just knew there had to be more to all those logos

Very informative o.p

Weldone.....finally we can read good things on f.p not BBN shiït

6 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by AyamConfidence(m): 7:25am On Apr 24, 2018
Tychamps:
Did you know

a man from India got married to a woman from Holland

Thats how hollandia yogurt came about?

Now you do
you're here too??

I weak for you ooo

6 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by Mckandre(m): 7:27am On Apr 24, 2018
benz, audi and Hyundai re the ones that holds the best significant kiss

2 Likes

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 24, 2018
Benz has really dominated the automobile company quality wise, while Toyota has been embraced more for economic reasons. Soup wey sweet.... grin

1 Like

Re: See The Hidden Meaning Behind These 10 Famous Car Logos by xreal: 7:32am On Apr 24, 2018
To the mods:

Is this topic on FP not better than Bbnaija rubbish?
[img]https://media1./images/c3b713aa3be006aadf979ed538e7d66b/tenor.gif?itemid=4808866[/img]

11 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia State Government Procures Innoson Vehicles For Security Operations(photos) / Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates / The Full Meaning Of Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.