Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Are Southeast And Southsouth Related? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are Southeast And Southsouth Related? (367 Views)

Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related / Is It Only Those That Did Science Related Courses That Get Jobs Abroad? / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Southeast And Southsouth Related? by fero007: 7:48am On Apr 24, 2018
I grew up thinking 3 major tribes in Nigeria were the only tribes, then i would see a bini girl or a calabar boy and call them 'omo ibo' and since I didn't understand their language it all sounded ibo to me, until recently I learnt of the other tribes in the east, the ishan, ijaw, urhobo, ogoni, Ibibio,e.t.c like 20 of them, i even met one Amadi dat told me he is not Igbo, he is ikwere, n one guy, Okoro, told me he is urhobo nt igbo
And am like where are these people in this country, then i was made to know dat the likes of Osasu(Bini), Tari(Ijaw), Kevwe(Isoko) n Ekaite(Efik) are not Igbos as I thought.
But I've noticed that these people ve many likeness with Igbos, from the customs i hear them talk about, their dress, their dance, the way of cooking, many words in their language, the way they do things generally is more like Igbo, than Yoruba or Hausa.
What is the reason for this closeness?

(1) (Reply)

Things To Do To Avoid Flight Delay / How Best Are Canadians Citizens Accepted In Nigeria? / Dana Air Recognized As Being Most Socially Responsible…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.