Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,439 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues (60036 Views)

Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related / What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by autojosh: 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2018
This is the entrance of the Passport Office, Obalende, Lagos.

At the entrance of the premises is a very visible notice, printed on the entrance gate.

The information on it is the tabulated summary of the fees for the various services offered by the Nigeria Immigration Services (NIS).

The services and the fees offered there are wide-ranging.

They range from the procurement of fresh Nigerian International passports and their renewal, correction of errors, change of data, etc.

Indeed, the figures quoted on the notice are the official amount. However, the reality that patrons of these services are confronted with at the various passports offices around the country reveals that these fees are hardly realistic.

It is no secret that there is a deliberate scheme by some members of the Nigerian passport issuing authority to frustrate patrons to the point that these patrons will be so willing to offer more for these services.

Anyway, the image below shows the official rates for some International Passport services as promoted by the Nigeria Immigration Services (NIS).

https://autojosh.com/see-the-cost-of-obtaining-a-nigerian-passport-and-other-related-issues-photos/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by bedspread: 3:28pm On Nov 06, 2018
I Wish!!
The First Passport I ever did that should be Around 2007/2008 the fee then was around 9750..

I Ensured I did Everything Myself from filling my form online to all the other stuffs . It took me about 2-3wks of constantly visiting the NIS office in Festac. Luckily for me someone pushed me in to do my thumb print after taking note of my face..

Today I tell you, it would be more possible and Easier for Pmb to Stop Boko haram from Bombing than for NIS Personnel to accept the fee they fixed on that board..

Some time in 2014 I did a renewal which cost me 26,000 with Abeg!!

I misplaced my passport while in Nigeria and had to go for Replacement.

I applied for a misplaced passport in Abuja in 2016. I mean the NIS Headquarters..

I ended up paying about 34000 for it!!

Nigeria Immigration service personnel are Worse than The Nigerian Police!

Especially at their Head office in Abuja... Every Personnel is Out to Extort ! I was beginning to think that maybe they are not Paid Salaries!

It's Really Pathetic!!

30- 35K with Abeg could give u a passport ..
today ..

It's really Pathetic!!

227 Likes 24 Shares

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Esejojo: 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2018
In their dreams!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by youngscholar(m): 3:32pm On Nov 06, 2018
I laugh in Latin.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2018
N17,000 for a fresh passport is just the official price. Actual price should be around 25k while the original Nigerian price should be around 40k.
grin

175 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Ishilove: 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2018
Whosai!!! I did mine for 30k. 32 pages o angry angry

17 Likes

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by NothingDoMe: 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ishilove:
That's expensive oh. Where in Lagos?
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Ishilove: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2018
NothingDoMe:
That's expensive oh. Where in Lagos?
The same Obalende

1 Like

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by tommykiwi(m): 5:09pm On Nov 06, 2018
When you go into their office that is where they will tell you the real amount.

27 Likes

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by KIDfurniture(m): 5:09pm On Nov 06, 2018
Cost price is 26k
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by KIDfurniture(m): 5:09pm On Nov 06, 2018
17k original price
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Sirheny007(m): 5:09pm On Nov 06, 2018
undecided
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by maestroferdi: 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2018
Grateful for this...
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by downloadproject(f): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2018
Nigeria
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by emeijeh(m): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2018
And they charged me 35k for 32 pages @lokoja

25 Likes

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Groovenaija360(m): 5:11pm On Nov 06, 2018
grin
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by tech18: 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ishilove:
32 pages? Na Handout !!

2 Likes

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by MrAnele(m): 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ok
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2018
How much is Biafra passport

13 Likes

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by yorke1: 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2018
Even the government can't deny they don't know. that's why it will be very hard for things to work in Africa. We are greedy people

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Oceannaagent: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ok
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by bigfish3k: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
election things

after we don suffer finish

why didnt they release this info since
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Alexandar247: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
Like seriously
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by SageTravels: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
Really
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Babiboy: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
I got mine at 14k
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ishilove:

The same Obalende
I'm interested in doing mine ooo.. what are the necessary documents to get international passport..
Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by chloride6: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
Insincerity at its peak.

All they need to do is create an automated process and expected service requirements.

Finish.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues by abdulaz: 5:14pm On Nov 06, 2018
If you no get 35-40k no just go there, if not Na eternity e go take you to get weytin you suppose get within a day or two.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos) / Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing / Pictures Of EPE, LAGOS Roads At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.