Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers (1960 Views)

Go And Do A Paternity Test On You Children, Especially Your First Child / The Top 10 Youngest Mothers In History And Their Ages / How Much Is Enough To Send To Parents Monthly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by Donald3d(m): 8:39am On Apr 24, 2018
The world is getting so messed up and most marriages are nothing to write home about because too much attention is placed on raising girls in the right way and the boys are ignored.
The common statement "He is a boy,leave him alone" irks me .
We forget that its a cycle. You are sending two soldiers on a covert operation. One is fully trained, the other has little or no training.His incompetence would lead to the failure of the mission.
We forget this same half baked boys would marry our daughters.All the training you gave your daughter won't be appreciated by him because he lacks a fundamental understanding or foundation of what it means to be a proper human. So she becomes maltreated, ignored and sometimes battered.
Train your boys how to cook too
Train them on how to wash
Train them on how to be tolerant and patient
On how to treat other humans with love and respect
On how to speak to their wife !
On how to love her.

Love shouldn't come from one side, it should be a two way street with constant flow of traffic(love,order and respect) on both sides.
Mothers !, train your sons to be the men and that prince charming you wanted and the world would be a better place !
Love is life.

7 Likes

Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by anoda(m): 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
True talk... I don't see why a boy shouldn't know how to cook

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by Jfyzee: 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2018
Absolutely on point @Op.. but believe you know the popular phrase which says 'You can't give what you don't have'.. that exactly the case of most parent.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by Splendblex(f): 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2018
Right! I see no reason why boys shouldn't do chores. There are men who were brought up by their mother's to do chores but once they get married it becomes an issue, why is that?

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 24, 2018
I stopped reading at 'the world is getting so messed up'. Whose world? Your world? My world is beautiful and evolving perfectly.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by Donald3d(m): 5:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
Mindfulness:
I stopped reading at 'the world is getting so messed up'. Whose world? Your world? My world is beautiful and evolving perfectly.

I was generalizing, happy for you that your world is ok.
Its not so for many families because of the foundations their parents failed to lay and the cycle would continue even with their own children, on and on.
Marriages these days are like Syria, no peace and utter confusion, misunderstandings...little things causing issues that could have been averted if the parties involved had the right mindset and attitude.
So if your life/world is perfect, make sure you pass on what makes it perfect, and instill it in your kids .
God bless

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by Donald3d(m): 5:33pm On Apr 24, 2018
Jfyzee:
Absolutely on point @Op.. but believe you know the popular phrase which says 'You can't give what you don't have'.. that exactly the case of most parent.
Thats why I am trying to enlighten folks, they can break the cycle early enough, and try, at least try !, to give their kids what they don't have .Everything isn't about paying school fees and giving kids food, they need to be prepared for the future

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2018
Donald3d:

I was generalizing, happy for you that your world is ok.
Its not so for many families because of the foundations their parents failed to lay and the cycle would continue even with their own children, on and on.
Marriages these days are like Syria, no peace and utter confusion, misunderstandings...little things causing issues that could have been averted if the parties involved had the right mindset and attitude.
So if your life/world is perfect, make sure you pass on what makes it perfect, and instill it in your kids .
God bless

Thank you, first of all.
I do not buy into the notion that everything was better back in the day. I think it is the other way round. I am a progressive 'cause change is inevitable and I think humankind has made tremendous progress, which I, personally, enjoy. Wouldn't want to have it any other way and I think it is getting better.
Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by anoda(m): 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
Splendblex:
Right! I see no reason why boys shouldn't do chores. There are men who were brought up by their mother's to do chores but once they get married it becomes an issue, why is that?

they're bossin cool
Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by anoda(m): 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
Splendblex:

they're feeling like the boss cool
Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by Donald3d(m): 10:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
Mindfulness:

Thank you, first of all.
I do not buy into the notion that everything was better back in the day. I think it is the other way round. I am a progressive 'cause change is inevitable and I think humankind has made tremendous progress, which I, personally, enjoy. Wouldn't want to have it any other way and I think it is getting better.
I am a very optimistic person as well, and I think progressively a lot.But I don't allow it take my mind away from some, permit me to call them "not so good happenings".
Yes humankind has made a lot of progress, but all that would be threatened if we don't fix families first, because who we are and our attitude to life, most of the time takes its root from our families, the kind of thought process that was instilled in us-It matters a lot
wink smiley
Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by Jfyzee: 2:46am On Apr 25, 2018
Donald3d:
Thats why I am trying to enlighten folks, they can break the cycle early enough, and try, at least try !, to give their kids what they don't have .Everything isn't about paying school fees and giving kids food, they need to be prepared for the future

Well if you say so.. but a lazy parent remains a lazy parent no matter the condition given.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by Donald3d(m): 5:46am On Apr 25, 2018
Jfyzee:

Well if you say so.. but a lazy parent remains a lazy parent no matter the condition given.
You are right , and its sad.
Some folks don't deserve to be parents
Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by ImaIma1(f): 2:18pm On Apr 25, 2018
Really true. Parents are too overwhelmed with activities to properly attend to their children especially the male children.

I am impressed when i see a guy that is domesticated. I find it sexy cheesy . They are usually more liberal in tbeir thinking and make life easy for the women they marry.

They are unlike the ones that want to turn you to a slave all in the name of submission.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by Donald3d(m): 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2018
ImaIma1:
Really true. Parents are too overwhelmed with activities to properly attend to their children especially the male children.

I am impressed when i see a guy that is domesticated. I find it sexy cheesy . They are usually more liberal in tbeir thinking and make life easy for the women they marry.

They are unlike the ones that want to turn you to a slave all in the name of submission.
smiley
Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by kodlins(f): 5:04pm On Jun 27, 2018
Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by royalguy123(m): 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2018
I am trying to give my boys daily what they are suppose to do.most especially on Saturdays.thanks op you just encouraged us parents the more kudos.
Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by Donald3d(m): 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
royalguy123:
I am trying to give my boys daily what they are suppose to do.most especially on Saturdays.thanks op you just encouraged us parents the more kudos.
You're welcome Sir smiley
Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
Donald3d:
The world is getting so messed up and most marriages are nothing to write home about because too much attention is placed on raising girls in the right way and the boys are ignored.
The common statement "He is a boy,leave him alone" irks me .
We forget that its a cycle. You are sending two soldiers on a covert operation. One is fully trained, the other has little or no training.His incompetence would lead to the failure of the mission.
We forget this same half baked boys would marry our daughters.All the training you gave your daughter won't be appreciated by him because he lacks a fundamental understanding or foundation of what it means to be a proper human. So she becomes maltreated, ignored and sometimes battered.
Train your boys how to cook too
Train them on how to wash
Train them on how to be tolerant and patient
On how to treat other humans with love and respect
On how to speak to their wife !
On how to love her.

Love shouldn't come from one side, it should be a two way street with constant flow of traffic(love,order and respect) on both sides.
Mothers !, train your sons to be the men and that prince charming you wanted and the world would be a better place !
Love is life.

I loved a Donald once, I love you too kiss. Too much sense kiss
Re: A Letter To Parents, Especially Mothers by Donald3d(m): 12:18am On Jun 30, 2018
zaragal:

I loved a Donald once, I love you too kiss. Too much sense kiss
Thank you ma'am smiley

(1) (Reply)

Will You Tell Your Sister? / Is It Right For The Doctor To Do Pregnancy Test On The Woman Without The Couples / Yoruba Wife Showers Praises On Her Igbo Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.