Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

10 Proven Health Benefits Of Turmeric - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Proven Health Benefits Of Turmeric (2183 Views)

Soak Ginger,turmeric,garlic And Cloves To Get These Health Benefits / 11 Proven Health Benefits Of Chia Seeds / 10 Health Benefits Of Turmeric Root Powder (curcuma Longa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Proven Health Benefits Of Turmeric by Readone789: 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2018
Turmeric comes from the Curcuma longa plant, which grows in India and other Southeast Asian countries. The dried root of the Curcuma longa plant is ground into the distinctive yellow turmeric powder. There are several chemical compounds found in turmeric, known as curcuminoids. The active substance in turmeric is curcumin.
Of the 10,000+ studies referencing turmeric, the most interesting finding is that when it’s compared to conventional medicine, turmeric benefits equal that of many pharmaceutical medications. In fact, a number of studies have even reported that using curcumin is more advantageous than certain prescription drugs.

1. Anticoagulants/Antiplatelets
Medical intervention generally includes the following medications to slow and prevent blood clotting:
Aspirin
Clopidogrel (Plavix)
Diclofenac
Enoxaparin (Lovenox)
Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others)
Naproxen
Warfarin (Coumadin), and others.

Unfortunately, for people with conditions that are treated by these drugs (i.e. deep-vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism), this approach may not always be the wisest decision.Ibuprofen overdose is one such common problem. In addition to common side effects like excessive bleeding and hemorrhage, the risks associated with anticoagulants abound and include everything from back pain to headaches to difficulty breathing.
Turmeric, on the other hand, has relatively no known side effects unless taken in extremely excessive amounts.
Additionally, ever since several groundbreaking studies in the mid-1980s, the curcumin in turmeric has been suggested by researchers as actually being a better option for those with vascular thrombosis.

2. Turmeric Contains Bioactive Compounds With Powerful Medicinal Properties
Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow color.
It has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb.
Recently, science has started to back up what the Indians have known for a long time... it really does contain compounds with medicinal properties.
These compounds are called curcuminoids, the most important of which is curcumin.
Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
However, the curcumin content of turmeric is not that high... it's around 3%, by weight.
Most of the studies on this herb are using turmeric extracts that contain mostly curcumin itself, with dosages usually exceeding 1 gram per day. It would be very difficult to reach these levels just using the turmeric spice in your foods.
Therefore, if you want to experience the full effects, then you need to take an extract that contains significant amounts of curcumin.
Unfortunately, curcumin is poorly absorbed into the bloodstream. It helps to consume black pepper with it, which contains piperine... a natural substance that enhances the absorption of curcumin by 2000%.
I personally prefer to swallow a few whole peppercorns along with my curcumin supplement, in order to enhance absorption.
Curcumin is also fat soluble, so it may be a good idea to take it with a fatty meal.
Re: 10 Proven Health Benefits Of Turmeric by Lmaomen1(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
omg, could you tell me more about this medicinal herb ?
Re: 10 Proven Health Benefits Of Turmeric by Octopus3000: 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
In recent years, more and more attention has been paid to health as one of its essential components. This is important considering how urgent people's health problems are. Thanks to the Internet, every follower of a healthy lifestyle can easily find a lot of recipes for the right dishes that are necessary in order to improve their empathy, and as a result, get more pleasure from eating. For example, it is important not to forget about vitamins, micro and macronutrients, useful acids , and all this a person does not always get from food in full quantities for his body. I was very concerned about my health so I decided to find more information and came across Starwest Botanicals a source of the best herbs and spices for health and Wellness. The products of this company really helped me feel better. I am sure that you will be delighted with the result!
Re: 10 Proven Health Benefits Of Turmeric by DianaSanderson4: 10:34pm On Oct 18, 2020
Octopus3000:
In recent years, more and more attention has been paid to health as one of its essential components. This is important considering how urgent people's health problems are. Thanks to the Internet, every follower of a healthy lifestyle can easily find a lot of recipes for the right dishes that are necessary in order to improve their empathy, and as a result, get more pleasure from eating. For example, it is important not to forget about vitamins, micro and macronutrients, useful acids , and all this a person does not always get from food in full quantities for his body. I was very concerned about my health so I decided to find more information and came across Starwest Botanicals a source of the best herbs and spices for health and Wellness. The products of this company really helped me feel better. I am sure that you will be delighted with the result!
Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!

(1) (Reply)

Treat & Cure Genital Warts Permanently / IVF PROMO | Fertility / 2 High Profile Nigerians Dies Of Corona Virus In UK, Govt Seems To Be Hiding It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.