Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,801 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:53 AM

Meek Mill Released From Prison - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meek Mill Released From Prison (517 Views)

Dami Krane Released From Prison After Verydarkman's Intervention (photos) / Check Out Kemi Olunloyo's Hairdo In First Pictures Since Release From Prison / Kemi Olunloyo Released From Port Harcourt Prison For The 3rd Time (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meek Mill Released From Prison by Amagite(m): 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2018
American rapper, Meek Mill has finally being released from prison.

A Philadelphia court finally ruled that Meek could go free after it was revealed the officer who arrested him back in 2007 was on a secret DA’s list of allegedly corrupt cops.

The dramatic move comes after an outcry from friend and stars, including Jay-Z and Kevin Hart, after Meek was harshly sentenced to two to four years in jail for a minor probation violation.

In a post on his Instagram page, Meek said:

I’d like to thank God, my family, my friends, my attorneys, my team at Roc Nation including JAY-Z, Desiree Perez, my good friend Michael Rubin, my fans, The Pennsylvania Supreme Court and all my public advocates for their love, support and encouragement during this difficult time," began Meek.

"While the past five months have been a nightmare, the prayers, visits, calls, letters and rallies have helped me stay positive. To the Philadelphia District Attorney’s office, I’m grateful for your commitment to justice -- not only for my case, but for others that have been wrongfully jailed due to police misconduct," he continued.

"Although I’m blessed to have the resources to fight this unjust situation, I understand that many people of color across the country don’t have that luxury and I plan to use my platform to shine a light on those issues. In the meantime, I plan to work closely with my legal team to overturn this unwarranted conviction and look forward to reuniting with my family and resuming my music career.”

Last week, Meek Mill told CNN's Don Lemon that he was optimistic that he was going to get out of jail sooner than later.

"I don't really try to get my hopes up from that court room right there," Meek said. "I feel like I will be free one day. I think I'll be able to get my chance pretty soon. My time coming.
"

Meek was incarcerated since November 2017 for violating his probation.

http://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/04/meek-mill-released-from-prison.html

Cc; Lalasticlala

Re: Meek Mill Released From Prison by Icecream4U(m): 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2018
Did he drop the soap? cheesy
Re: Meek Mill Released From Prison by BreezyCB(m): 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2018
DC 4
Re: Meek Mill Released From Prison by Whogoblog: 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2018
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Crowd Mobs Miracle At Ikeja City Mall / Kanayo O Kanayo Drops His Own "Accolades" Skit (video) / #bbnaija: Watch The Romantic Moment Tobi Confessed His Undying Love For Alex (vi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.