Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Elvina Ibru Speaks: How I Was Raped And The Victimisation That Follows - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Elvina Ibru Speaks: How I Was Raped And The Victimisation That Follows (2677 Views)

I Have Coronavirus — Elvina Ibru Tests Positive For COVID-19 (Video) / I Was Raped By A Robber - Actress, Elvina Ibru / Busola Dakolo: I Was Raped By Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA - Timi Dakolo Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elvina Ibru Speaks: How I Was Raped And The Victimisation That Follows by joefazee(m): 8:42am On Apr 25, 2018
The menace of "Rape" in the Nigerian Society has over the years crippled the lives of many, invariably ruined the future of several promising youngsters, and in some cases led to victimisation, depression, isolation and suicidal thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLAAbkzJuwI More stories at https:///XE2Sjz

Amongst many other victims of this horrible experience is Mrs. Elvina Ibru (Actress, scriptwriter and entrepreneur; Elvina Ibru. The eleventh child of late business icon, Olorogun Michael Ibru) who recently broke her silence on the life-sucking venom "Rape".

"I have been raped before!" Elvina said in her interview with inside Naija Tv crew. "It happened at my boyfriend's house when some armed robbers barged in and the incident happened". She narrated.

Life as they say, has different strokes for different folks. The foremost entrepreneur explained her ordeal and devastating aftermath experience of rape which happened a while back. In the interview of about 15min with Inside Naija Tv, she shared her experience and proffered possible ways of overcoming societal victimization and traumatic events experienced by rape victims afterwards.

Elvina further narrated the victimization she faced and how her moral dignity was questioned by many. "A nurse at the hospital even asked what I was wearing when the incident happened; and in our society, women that have been raped are been castigated rather than supported" she concluded.

In the later part of her interview, Elvina rekindled the courage of rape victims saying: "It is not your fault in any capacity. If you want to wear a skimpy dress or walk naked in the front of any man, if you don't want to be touched, you don't want to be touched! it's your prerogative!"

She further charged victims of this unfortunate incident saying, "If you make it a big deal, it'll swallow up your life so, brush yourself up! If you need help, come to women like me, I will support you; if it is a person you want to put away, I will help you put that person away she concluded.

1 Like

Re: Elvina Ibru Speaks: How I Was Raped And The Victimisation That Follows by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 25, 2018
Very strong woman it takes great courgae indeed to speak up .

Say no to rape , a real.mam doesn't rape he dates
Re: Elvina Ibru Speaks: How I Was Raped And The Victimisation That Follows by Shedrack777: 8:53am On Apr 25, 2018
is like she enjoyed it that's why she didn't speak up earlier. don't quote me
Re: Elvina Ibru Speaks: How I Was Raped And The Victimisation That Follows by scarramenga: 8:59am On Apr 25, 2018
ah ah can madam can you blame them? see as you fine even me wan rape you
how did it happen?
- Did they just take off your panties and get it on with your clothes on?
- Did they ask you to take your clothes off and tamper with the boobiez while they did it?
- Did they rip your clothes partly and do a lil half in half

cheesy man my mind is blown right now

Re: Elvina Ibru Speaks: How I Was Raped And The Victimisation That Follows by partnerbiz4: 9:34am On Apr 25, 2018
Nawao
Re: Elvina Ibru Speaks: How I Was Raped And The Victimisation That Follows by crazymommy(f): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2018
Shedrack777:
is like she enjoyed it that's why she didn't speak up earlier.
don't quote me

Re: Elvina Ibru Speaks: How I Was Raped And The Victimisation That Follows by joefazee(m): 9:05pm On Apr 28, 2018
Rape is something very serious and most be condemned at all time.

(1) (Reply)

Ceec Looks Stunning In Early Morning Pictures / Update Latest Music ..... Davido Ft Wizkid And Mayorkun -HOPE..... / Roman Goddess Shares Curvy Backside /phto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.