Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time (12814 Views)

CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies / Reactions As Innoson To Change Logo After Losing Design Contest To UI Student / Gtbank Kicks As Innoson Set To Take Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by DONSMITH123(m): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2018
Chairman of Innoson Motors Nigeria Ltd., Innocent Chukwuma, for the fourth consecutive time, failed to make an appearance in court for his arraignment.

He was scheduled to appear at an Ikeja Special Offences Court on Wednesday (today) .

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the automobile boss had previously failed to come to court for his arraignment for charges of fraud variously on January 17, February 9 and March 14.

On the last court proceedings held on March 14, it was revealed that Innoson had petitioned the National Judicial Council over Justice Mojisola Dada, the judge, trying the case.

During Wednesday’s proceedings, Justice Dada had told Innoson’s defence team that she will not hear any application brought by them before her except the automobile boss was present in court.

“No application will be moved in the absence of the defendant, my position remains the same.

“You can bring a thousand applications before me for all I care, but no application can be heard in this court without the presence of the defendant,” Justice Dada said.

Innoson’s defence counsel, Mr. George Uwechue (SAN), had moved that “where there is an application before the court challenging jurisdiction, the court has a duty to hear the application, even in the absence of the defendant.”

Justice Dada, however, insisted that she will not hear any application until Innoson is present in court.

The SAN, in response, had an emotional outburst in the presence of stunned onlookers in the courtroom.

“You cannot stand me down, My Lord; you cannot stampede me, My Lord, I’m an octogenarian, I’am 50 plus years at the Bar,” Uwechue cried out.

“The more reason why you should be better composed and comported, don’t injure yourself,” Justice Dada warned the SAN.

Following Uwechue’s outburst, there was an exchange of words between the SAN, Prof. J. N Mbadugha and Mr. Anselem Ozioko, the lead prosecuting counsel for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

During the exchange, Uwechue threatened to quit legal practice because of the conduct of Ozioko, the EFCC counsel.

Earlier, during proceedings, Ozioko had told the court that proceedings can go on despite the petition written to the NJC against Justice Dada by the defendant.

“I have it on good record that where there is a petition against a court, the court can proceed with the matter.

“We have the NJC’s directions to that effect so that we can proceed with the case.

“I have also been served with many processes today by the defence, one of which is a motion asking the court to set aside a process that my learned friend (Mbadugha) had received in open court.

“I’m sure that he realises that it will affect him negatively; that is why he brought the motion,” he said.

The EFCC prosecutor added that the anti-graft commission was taking steps to ensure Innoson’s attendance in the next court date.

Mbadugha, the defence lawyer for Innoson Motors Nigeria Ltd., had also told the court that he had. via appeal, challenged the jurisdiction of the court to hear the case.

“We have not been availed of the NJC’s directive, we have gone to the Court of Appeal as regards jurisdiction,” Mbadugha said.

NAN reports that Chukwuma and his company, Innoson Motors Nigeria Ltd., are to be arraigned on four counts of conspiracy to obtain property by false pretenses, obtaining property by false pretenses, stealing and forgery.

The offences contravened sections 1(1)(b), 1(3), and 8(a) of the Advanced Fee Fraud and Other Related Offences Act 2016 and Sections 309(9), 388, 465 and 467(1)(j) of the Criminal Code, Laws of Lagos State 2003.

The case was adjourned until May 24 for possible arraignment of the defendant.

http://www.punchng.com/alleged-fraud-lawyer-confronts-judge-as-innoson-shuns-arraignment-for-fourth-time/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by ERockson: 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2018
I see no difference between Dino running away from Prosecution and Innoson man. He should go clear his name

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by kcjazzy: 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2018
shame on buhari jubril

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by DONSMITH123(m): 12:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
kcjazzy:
shame on buhari jubril

before calling buhari names, ask your man to go and face his case. Respect the rule of law. This is how Dino was busing evading arrest until yesterday.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by DONSMITH123(m): 12:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
ERockson:
I see no difference between Dino running away from Prosecution and Innoson man. He should go clear his name

thanks for the truth.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by kalu61(m): 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
ERockson:
Clear his name of what again?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by kalu61(m): 1:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
ERockson:
Clear his name of what again? Remind me please.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by kalu61(m): 1:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
DONSMITH123:

before calling buhari names, ask your man to go and face his case. Respect the rule of law. This is how Dino was busing evading arrest until yesterday.
Hahaha, kettle calling pot black. Do Buhari respect rule of law. He has committed impeachable offenses a million times

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by DONSMITH123(m): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
kalu61:
Hahaha, kettle calling pot black. Do Buhari respect rule of law. He has committed impeachable offenses a million times

not disputing that.

But to prevent what might happen like dino case. Respect the law. APC led government can use police, dss or any security to do the unthinkable. Just do your part as good citizen.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by kalu61(m): 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2018
DONSMITH123:

not disputing that.

But to prevent what might happen like dino case. Respect the law. APC led government can use police, dss or any security to do the unthinkable. Just do your part as good citizen.
l agree with you but change they say starts from the head

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by sammyj: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by skales67(m): 1:49pm On Apr 25, 2018
See useless name wey a whole justice dey bear "Dada"...

The idiotic judge can read an application in the absence of the defence but because she knows she has been bribed, she wants to upturn the judgement.

No be only dada...afro nko? Mtcheww!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by frankpro27(m): 1:49pm On Apr 25, 2018
DONSMITH123:

not disputing that.

Innoson is far above Dino. Dnt compare both pls. Let dem touch innoson Nd let's see how it will end.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2018
1st Dino, now Innoson .
These people seem to think they re bigger than the law
How can one show such disdain for a constituted authority and expect people's support?
Yet, if a commoner steals from them they expect law enforcement agencies to prosecute the matter to a logical end.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by Wealthandjobs: 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2018
skales67:
See useless name wey a whole justice dey bear "Dada"...

The idiotic judge can read an application in the absence of the defence but because she knows she has been bribed, she wants to upturn the judgement.

No be only dada...afro nko? Mtcheww!
"Don't injure yourself" grin
Street lingo for "ma para re re" grin
That judge knows the street walahi grin

8 Likes

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by wildcatter23(m): 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2018
Drama
Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by EponOjuku: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
Look at how Uwechue is busy disgracing himself in open court because of a fugitive. He should go and ask Abaribe for advice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by dheilaw1(m): 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
kcjazzy:
shame on buhari jubril
this is one of the lazy youths we talked about. it looks like you think with your brain upside down. why don't you tell your man to appear before the court to defend himself if he's innocent, before you rant here calling in buhari. foolish ipob miscreant

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by EponOjuku: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
frankpro27:

Innoson is far above Dino. Dnt compare both pls. Let dem touch innoson Nd let's see how it will end.

Let them touch Innoson? Lmaooooo

That's how you guys tricked Kanu about till he got himself killed.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by DONSMITH123(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2018
frankpro27:

oga calm down.

We don hear more than this in Kanu case. Where is he today/ You can't fight government jor

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by jordyspices: 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2018
So wat of GTB wey withdraw over 500million from him account for bank charges wen are dey paying back or goin to stand trial in court

3 Likes

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by new2012: 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
This country is shit, the wealthy will 'beat you' and force u not to cry..then oppress you at the end... They control the press, control the judiciary!

Eventually, nothing last forever!

3 Likes

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by Nonnyflex(m): 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2018
ERockson:
If police are coming to your area for a raid pls don't run like others stand there because you are innocent.. Or better still follow them to the station to "clear your name".. It seems like you are not a Nigerian... Or you haven't experienced the Nigerian police... Until you do pls keep quiet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by arsenal33: 2:04pm On Apr 25, 2018
kalu61:
Clear his name of what again? Remind me please.
FRAUD

3 Likes

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:09pm On Apr 25, 2018
frankpro27:

This is how the chest beating starts. Soon they will start calling Trump and going to Ecowas church

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by Tlontin(m): 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2018
Nonnyflex:

If police are coming to your area for a raid pls don't run like others stand there because you are innocent.. Or better still follow them to the station to "clear your name".. It seems like you are not a Nigerian... Or you haven't experienced the Nigerian police... Until you do pls keep quiet
Court case is different from Nigerian police.

8 Likes

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by Biodun556(m): 2:13pm On Apr 25, 2018
ERockson:

Later they will say it is ethnic cleansing.

6 Likes

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by JAMESOJAY: 2:15pm On Apr 25, 2018
Please if you are hausa tell buhari to ask dangote how he got rich and if you are yourba as tinubu how he also got rich....tell I will answer you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by JAMESOJAY: 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2018
Please if you are hausa tell buhari to ask dangote how he got rich and if you are yourba as tinubu how he also got rich....tell I will answer you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by JAMESOJAY: 2:17pm On Apr 25, 2018
Please if you are hausa tell buhari to ask dangote how he got rich and if you are yourba as tinubu how he also got rich....then I will answer you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by Brugo(m): 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2018
frankpro27:

They said "let them touch Nnamdi Kanu and see how it will end"... well, we all know how Nigeria was burned to the ground after they arrested him.

Chest beaters.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time by Nonnyflex(m): 2:32pm On Apr 25, 2018
Tlontin:

Court case is different from Nigerian police.
Keep telling yourself that... Or haven't you seen on many occasions people are arrested at court premises?... And the will refuse to release you even when the court says so...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This will be the best investment you ever venture into this 2019. / How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running / Cross River Government Seals First Bank Offices In Cross River Over N211m Tax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.