Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running (12836 Views)

Top 10 Problems Of Large Scale Business In Nigeria / Get Your Profitable Small Scale Business Easily Started And Successfully Managed / Five Fastest Growing Small Scale Businesses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by nairametrics: 10:08am On Oct 16, 2017
The thing about small scale business is that running them is not a ‘small’ feat at all. People think small scale business and immediately think easy. Well, that is mostly not the case. Small business requires work, a lot of work if there is any hope of making it successful. The major reason why most small business owners fail is that they underestimate the amount of work and strategic planning it takes to make their business succeed.

Here are a few tips that will help you stay in business for a long time;

The business is small scale, not your mind; think big

Most small business owners restrict their creativity and intuition. They are of the opinion that they should think a certain way. Don’t cut yourself short. Don’t restrict your mind. The way to grow a business is to do the unusual; outside the box thinking. Don’t let the ‘small-scale nature’ of the business to box in your mind.

Focus on growing the business before growing the profit

Sounds crazy right? This is the best way to ensure longevity. Work on building a brand first; build a market for yourself. It is very likely that you won’t be making much in way of profit until your business is stabilized. This is why it is best to focus on the business first; the faster the business is established the sooner your profit starts flowing.

A satisfied customer makes for a strong business

The importance of keeping your customers satisfied can never be overemphasized. You need to establish a great customer relationship. Look out for your customer’s best interest. Maintaining a close relationship with your customers is a great way to study the market. Customers feel better knowing or feeling that you care for them; this births loyalty in them.

Don’t stop learning

There can never be enough knowledge. New things, new ideas and new theories come up each day. The market changes every day so you should be abreast with the changes. Try to read; articles, news, and textbooks. Keep yourself updated and you’ll be able to sustain your business.

Division of labor is not such a bad idea

Finances may be tight but there are things you can’t possibly do all on your own. Employ more hands to help out. Having more hands on deck does not only make work faster but more efficient. This is another reason why profits may be hard to come by at first but it can’t be helped. Remember, we are focusing on the business before money.

Stay positive

Positive vibes attract positive results. Of course there are going to be days when you just want to quit; days when you wonder why you thought you could make it. Don’t be daunted by those days. Feel your mind with images of success. Give yourself a pep talk from time to time and keep moving one step at a time.

it is your determination and strategic calculations that will make the difference and keep your business in the running for the long run.

https://nairametrics.com/keep-small-scale-business-running/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by eezeribe(m): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2017
OK
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2017
The best ways are.

Avoid girls.

Avoid alcohol.

Pray and work hard.

Eat once a day cheesy

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by isax(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2017
ok

lemme go an read undecidedok
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by khel(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2017
hmmmm....
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by Guilderland1(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2017
Please which state in the north is good to start electronic business, plasma, CD, stabilizer, etc, I am in Minna but I don't like the environment. Please
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by Jaytecq(m): 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2017
God first (....if the lord does not build the house, they do in Vain those who build.

1. Pay yourself (salary)
2. do not take out money from the biz (keep recycling)
3. Feed from ur salary
4. always take stock at least every week or 2weeks
5. do not engage in pity party (remember ur biz is not a charity home)
6. Paste this list on the wall, and read every morning

11 Likes

Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by Tamass: 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
Nice tips there!
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by ngmgeek(m): 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2017

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by coldnigger(m): 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
hmm noted
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by money121(m): 5:19pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ok

Create Thread on Nairaland and keep update it..
Try this it work like Magic!!!

Nairaland Rocks...

For Your current price of Various Roofing sheet..

Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Current Price of Roofing Sheet in Nigeria.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by Titay(f): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
Timely
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by Iseoluwani: 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2017
NO FUTURE AMBITION YOOT WONT FLOCK THIS THREAD, THEY WILL BE BUSY TALKING ABOUT KPETUS AND FOOLARY AND IPOB

OP WELDONE

2 Likes

Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by mickeyzach(m): 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
Very Correct
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by 4ward(m): 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2017
Good
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by silasweb(m): 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2017
Thanks a lot
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by rosalieene(f): 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
ok
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by MrEdimulo82(m): 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2017
Great thread, nice one bro
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by Mrdecent(m): 5:37pm On Oct 16, 2017
Good one
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by sunmarouk(m): 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2017
how do you employ more hands when there is no money to pay them. the practical is more than what u guyz are saying here. i once had a job as a sch bus driver to support my biz(morning & closing time), now that i concentrate on my biz, there is no more money.

the money made this week, that is not even enf, will be taken by the biz the following week(always broke)

been strugling with the biz for a year now, no money to renew my shop and house rent.

biz no easy oo, i dey find salary woork

2 Likes

Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by Virtualaccounts: 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
Keep proper accounting records wink
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by jtjohn(m): 5:57pm On Oct 16, 2017
Jaytecq:
God first (....if the lord does not build the house, they do in Vain those who build.

1. Pay yourself (salary)
2. do not take out money from the biz (keep recycling)
3. Feed from ur salary
4. always take stock at least every week or 2weeks
5. do not engage in pity party (remember ur biz is not a charity home)
6. Paste this list on the wall, and read every morning
I love this your analysis.
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by sunmarouk(m): 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
jtjohn:
I love this your analysis.

when the money is not enuf for the biz, how do u pay yourself. where will it come from. within one year of the biz, u might not make enough to pay yourself
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by honestivo(m): 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2017
nice one (grow your biz before growing ur profit)
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by CME01: 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
I really needed this. Most importantly Stay Positive!
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by continentalceo(m): 6:59pm On Oct 16, 2017
Good post
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by tojahh(m): 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
Always sweet on paper
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by Greatozone(m): 8:01pm On Oct 16, 2017
You have made some good points but you failed to add avoiding insufficient or ill-timed financing as explained in this article 7 Common Mistakes to Avoid When Borrowing Money for Your Business
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by gentlebest(m): 8:29pm On Oct 16, 2017
please nlanders, wat will it cost me to set up a food business in port Harcourt?
Re: How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running by mayorall(m): 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2017
Put God first.

Always taking his instructions about the business.

Don't take step without him.

Pay your corporate tithes

So seeds

Give to the poor.

Be diligent

Watch your spendings

Cut your coat even below your size if possible.

Not for everyone though. For the spiritually minded.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adulterated Kerosene Set Evbuotubu Market Ablaze In Benin (photos & Video) / How Do I Get A National Identity Card / JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.