Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

OMG!!! You Will Have Double Thoughts About School After Watching This - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OMG!!! You Will Have Double Thoughts About School After Watching This (1973 Views)

Ogun State Provides Chairs, Desks For St Kizito High School After Viral Pictures / Nigerian Woman Who Returned To Secondary School After Child Bearing Graduates / See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OMG!!! You Will Have Double Thoughts About School After Watching This by Funxclusive: 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OMG!!! You Will Have Double Thoughts About School After Watching This by scarrramenga: 5:56pm On Apr 26, 2018
boooooooooring!op you suck

2 Likes

Re: OMG!!! You Will Have Double Thoughts About School After Watching This by CyberEBOLA(m): 11:03pm On Apr 26, 2018
The guy is on point to an extent, but contradicts himself.
Re: OMG!!! You Will Have Double Thoughts About School After Watching This by 9japrof(m): 6:11am On Apr 27, 2018
Can you read and write? Do you have basic communication skills? If Yes, Tertiary education is a complete waste of precious time except in some core disciplines like law and medicine.

Education doesn't define that one would be successful, it's mere certificate and it is due to that craze people are doing the "undoable" to get the certificates. WAEC and NECO alledgedly leaked before the exams, there are thousands of special centres where students can get ridiculous grades without reading their books.

Students fork and bribe their way through tertiary to get good grades only for the countries institutions to churn out quarks and semi quarks individuals. If only Nigeria can soft-pedal on this madness about certificates, and focus on the individual and what he can do, maybe that could be the start of the reduction of the many societal ills in this country

4 Likes

Re: OMG!!! You Will Have Double Thoughts About School After Watching This by linda190(f): 7:27am On Apr 27, 2018
This is so true. during my school years i didnt achieve anything apart from As and having a good grade. And right now since 2 years i have not gotten a job. But the reality is that we may not use the certificate to work or it may take longer to finally see a good paying job.

I read the story of The founder of one of Nigeria's biggest tech startup www.evrytin.com and also did my personal research about him. His name is Shelomi Eno on facebook https://web.facebook.com/ShelomiEnoOfficial/ he dropped out of school to pursue his dreams and now his company Evrytin has achieved over 5 milestones in just a period of 3 months including being nominated for an award.

What i am saying is that we need to not only depend on school but on hand works and skills.

2 Likes

Re: OMG!!! You Will Have Double Thoughts About School After Watching This by danolorunmo(m): 9:24am On Apr 27, 2018
Re: OMG!!! You Will Have Double Thoughts About School After Watching This by Elthugnificent(m): 9:35am On Apr 27, 2018
A world where fish are no longer trained to climb tree

Really worthwhile.
Re: OMG!!! You Will Have Double Thoughts About School After Watching This by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 27, 2018
9japrof:
Can you read and write? Do you have basic communication skills? If Yes, Tertiary education is a complete waste of precious time except in some core disciplines like law and medicine
Lol. . .
Re: OMG!!! You Will Have Double Thoughts About School After Watching This by Beetwaise(m): 10:32am On Apr 27, 2018
Prince Ea is the guy's stage name. He's a knowledgeable poet & a very seasoned motivational speaker.
Re: OMG!!! You Will Have Double Thoughts About School After Watching This by millomaniac: 11:22am On Apr 27, 2018
Human beings naturally attack what they fear and
Human beings fear change. This will be achievable in 300 years.
Re: OMG!!! You Will Have Double Thoughts About School After Watching This by vaxx: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
9japrof:
Can you read and write? Do you have basic communication skills? If Yes, Tertiary education is a complete waste of precious time except in some core disciplines like law and medicine.

Education doesn't define that one would be successful, it's mere certificate and it is due to that craze people are doing the "undoable" to get the certificates. WAEC and NECO alledgedly leaked before the exams, there are thousands of special centres where students can get ridiculous grades without reading their books.

Students fork and bribe their way through tertiary to get good grades only for the countries institutions to churn out quarks and semi quarks individuals. If only Nigeria can soft-pedal on this madness about certificates, and focus on the individual and what he can do, maybe that could be the start of the reduction of the many societal ills in this country
Time does not waste. ''We'' may choose to maximize (make the most fruitful use of) or to waste it. Do you intend on wasting your time? Are you prone to wasting your time or engaging in activities that are deemed by others as 'time wasters'? Do you club, gamble on nairabet or any other soccer game or spend an valuable amount of time playing video games? Do you understand where I'm going with this? If you attend university and ''decide to waste your time'' while there (by clubbing too much or spending more time playing games than expanding your intellectual horizons) you will surely find that the experience will have been a waste of your time, but not by the virtue of the experience but rather by your own ''choices''

in this part of my world, university are evolving to meet the growing demands of employers, that is, they need university grads skilled in specific tasks churned out faster than ever. Degrees in the medical field not only medicine, as an example, there is need of more people to keep up with the casualties of the aging Baby Boomers, the obesity epidemic, and the skyrocketing rates of cancer, autism and other diseases while degree in management are needed strongly to cover and amends the lapses discover in the economy . '' yeah Nigeria can get there''

And for other part of your comment, it is not an educational problem but the political structure of Nigeria that covers all the facet of governance that needs urgent attention.

i disagree with the video

(1) (Reply)

See 100 Best Universities In Nigeria Currently -with Photos / Nasa Warns About Asteroids Bound For A Flyby Near Earth On 1st September (pics) / Get Ready For Full Re-opening Of Schools, FG Tells States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.