Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book (2335 Views)

How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey / How I Made 400,000 Naira Selling This In 1month / Make N1000 Naira Selling Wat U Gat(best (9ja Online Biz) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by sesantoke(m): 5:24pm On May 18, 2010
Yes you heard that right. I m not posting this to impress anybody. It is meant to educate somebody out there. I actually made over a million naira selling only 1000 copies of my book, silly mistakes in mathematics. It is even an educational book (it is not a money making book). Well i ll be teaching the techniques i used in a series on this forum. In this series, let me tell who i am and ow i came up wit my book idea. I m sesan oguntade, i was a secondary school math teacher until september 2007. Well i resgned my appointment to write and distribute books. My book idea jumped on me when i noticed how my students were making mistakes (silly ones at that) in the subject. I observed there is text material to correct this. God helping i settled down to write one. I think this should be ok for now. I ll continue next time. Your comments and questions are welcomed
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by cashmentor(m): 10:16pm On May 18, 2010
Congratulations to the man who made 1 Mila! I'm impressed. And i must admit, you sure did pick a very hot niche in almighty Maths, my most dreaded subject. Any way i'd like to know how you published ur work. Did u self pubish or went to a book publisher? Just want to get some tips.
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by cashmentor(m): 10:17pm On May 18, 2010
Congratulations to the man who made 1 Mila! I'm impressed. And i must admit, you sure did pick a very hot niche in almighty Maths, my most dreaded subject. Any way i'd like to know how you published ur work. Did u self pubish or went to a book publisher? Just want to get some tips.
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by sesantoke(m): 2:20am On May 19, 2010
Thanks cash man. I self published. D demands of publishers are too many. I m just not patient enough for all their troubles. Remember i just resigned from a job.
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by sesantoke(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2010
Thanks for your comments.

I will be revealing tactics below: Remember i said i used a particulra strategy to make enough money aprat from the money coming in from the sales of books. But before i say something about that, let me reveal the marketing tactics i used:

1. The school was my first point of call. It is a math book so i have to viist the schools. I proposed a sharing ration between myself, the teacher who will sell and the school. The teachers were willing to sell since we were worknig together for each other. Some of them did not even hand the schools part to the school. I learnt about this later. This tactics had its limitations as i have to wait to collect sales money sometimes. But i sold some copies this way anyway.

Your comments are welcomed.
2. Advert in Punch for distributors: I placed an advert in punch newspaper for distributors and i received lots of calls. I settled for one in kaduana at the end of the day. I will show all the proofs of advertplacement in a book that is coming out very soon. I will send frree copies to you if you indicate your ineterest. This method also has its short coming even i must admiot my contact man in kaduana really didi agood job.

3. sales rep: I also used sales rep. One of them took my book to delta on a visis and sold some copies.

Bookshops: i used the rccg capm bookshop for this and this sold some copies too. The trick here is that you can actuially uased bookshops of churches with large congregations to sell your books.

4. Vendors: the vendor infront of rccg camp has sold lots of copies of the book. He ois strtegically placed so i leveraged on his position.

These are some of the marketing tactics i used.

Just like i told you i didi not bank on the money comin in from the slaes of the book but on my secret strategies. I will share this with in my next post. Your comments are welcomed.

1 Like

Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by CashInfo(m): 3:22pm On May 21, 2010
Hmm,good to know that you really find a need begging for attention and you use your knowlegde in math to solve a problem and fill a need for thousand of people.Keep it up and don't forget to share all your details so to motivate those that are still having fear of falling.Good Job!
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by CashInfo(m): 3:33pm On May 21, 2010
@ Sesantoke,just check your website address,a wonderful concept,even accepting payment from 2checkout.Keep it up man.
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by sesantoke(m): 9:43pm On May 22, 2010
Thanks so much. I wil surely do that.
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by seun0622(m): 4:47pm On May 23, 2010
This is great , congrats sesan. I hope this is just the begining as I always tell people with very unique ideas like yours. You might not know it. You already have a brand and I hope it will lead to other successes.
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by sesantoke(m): 9:09am On Jun 10, 2010
Thanks for your posts.

This is my secret strategy which allowed me to make more money apart from the money coming from the slaes of the book itself.

Before i began to sell my book, i sat down to thinks of of some other skills i have that will be of benefits to my customers. I noticed i have the following skills:

1. math teaching skill
2. knowledge of designing a website.
3. good knowledge of how schools can be set up and and how to bring in more students into aschool.
4. I also have good knowledege of how to use the internet. I noyiced the teachers in nigeria dont have this knowledge on how they can use the internet on their job.

I made a small flier describing how i can do home consultancy in math for those who buy my book. I tucked this fliers in every copy of my book. Calls came in as expected and iwas able to choose t5he high paying ones in areas like magodo and ikeja.

I also put together a web design proposal for schools i visit in the course of transacting my business. I knew that most nigerain schools dont have web presense. I was able to put up a website for a school at ishagamu. Another contarct has been signed with another school.

I also hade a proposal written on school growth and management. I have assisted some schools to set up structures in their schools.

Let me inform you that during this period sales money were still pouring in as expected. But i made more money from other activities apart the sales money for my books.

I believe anybody can do this with any book in any market. There is something unique about you that yuou can give to world apart from the contents in your book.

I hope to write a comprehensive guuide with proofs on this and give it out to whoever need them. So you can just send PM to me if you want it. Thanks
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by lactemps(m): 9:47am On Jun 10, 2010
Hi Sesan,
Great to see someone who is using his talents in the right direction.
I took time to visit all Ur sites (lol, dnt ask me how, hahaha)

The sites looks great, and am still searching more.
I only observed something (just of VERY BIG IMPORTANCE), there is no privacy Policy on all your sites, and its important to avoid "PSA" displays (if you know what I mean)

I will check more into your site, and would be willing to let you know some "little" changes that can also benefit you if well applied (I mean on your site)

Keep up the good work, and know that as far as you are doing a great work on research and using your skills in the right direction, you will always prosper.

If many youths in Nigeria can step up, and get over the "internet cafe" offices, and apply their talents to good and profiting works, there would be less problems in our society.

I have observed some of the "silly" mentality most "Blacks" or should I say most Nigerians have, the fact that we like to withhold information from the general public, that is readily made available by just knowing where to search on the internet (which mostly is provided free by Google search Engine, beats me.

But you and most people here are exceptions, and I pray you will NEVER derail in your good and honest work.

Wish you all the best.
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by sesantoke(m): 12:41pm On Jun 13, 2010
Thank you so much. Thanks for visiting my websites. I hope to learn from your observations.

Sesan
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by starpage7: 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2010
This is great! Things are moving for Nigerians honestly we will get there.
Just in case you desire to do the same thing as Sesan but getting discourage by the hussle and bustle, You can play it cool. Alternatively, Learn to put down your idea in an ebook like the one Sesan have here and then sell to the world. All you need is to learn how to do it and then let get a software to help you put your work into a page and then you start selling. All the method until you start selling and sell even more is from your computer without going down the road.

For details visit: http://ebookcareer..com

and just incase you need to sell to the world, your best payment solution is paypal, not just a paypal a verified paypal account for details visit: http://shofuline..com
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by NairaBlogger(m): 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2010
Congrats! You really deserve that amount because your niche must have been worth it. Kip' Rockin'
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by sesantoke(m): 10:35am On Aug 28, 2010
After many months of research work and consultations, my book, Money Making Secrets In The Education Industry has finally gone to the prints. It is a actually a two-year work that has produced a 200-page book. The book actually describes my experience doing business in the Nigerian education industry with special reference to the distribution of my first book - Silly Mistakes in Mathematics. Well three experts in the business have given their voices to the quality of the book. I will keep you guys posted when the hard copy is out from the prints. In the meantime and for those of you who have followed this thread since i started if, you can visit www.sesanoguntade.com/demoedu.zip to download a free sample. It is a direct download link. Thanks
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by stagger: 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2010
one thing i would like to know is where one can publish books at a production cost of between N30 to N50 and sell them for N300 to N500. Any ideas?

1 Like

Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by surveycash(m): 2:39pm On Sep 06, 2010
Good one Sesan,

Just to add, Another way to drive traffic to your site is through facebook advertsing. Since you are selling to the child's parents, you can do a demograhpics for ages 28 - 55.
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by netiq(m): 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2010
hi,

That was very encouraging and I sincerely
want to wish you the best.

We all need to tap from the resources we
have within.

Nigeria's future is surely bright with people
like you and I determined to make a change.

God bless Nigeria
Cheers!
Re: How I Made Over A Million Naira Selling A Book by six33fourng: 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2023
Buy books online from your favourite bookstore in Nigeria. We have a veritable collection of books that span categories as diverse as you could possibly expect.

From segments like accountancy, to parenting and pregnancy, to banking and finance, to even topics on yoga and meditation – almost any category you seek you would books on it.

Apply to join the largest independent marketplace for book sellers today! In addition to helping us to support you and our fellow booksellers, you'll get:

Lowest fees and commissions of any commercial marketplace.

No monthly fee option — you don't pay if you don't sell.

Reach thousands times more people than a magazine ad, for a fraction of the cost

Visit - https://six33four.ng/bookstore/

(1) (Reply)

Were Can I Borrow 70k Loan And Return 120k In Few Week / Current Price Of Pure Water Nationwide / 8 Reasons Why You Need To Have A Payoneer Account - For Freelancers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.