Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Big Brother Naija:Exhibition Of Chronic Mediocrity - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Big Brother Naija:Exhibition Of Chronic Mediocrity (358 Views)

A Photo Exhibition Of Actress Ufuoma Mcdermott With Biro/pen / Motunrayo Adeoye Is Dead. Actress Dies Of Chronic Ulcer / Uriel Hosts Ex-Big Brother Naija Housemates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija:Exhibition Of Chronic Mediocrity by fifty5(m): 8:35am On Apr 28, 2018
The bigbrother naija show has come and gone but the reverbration still resonates in our media space(both traditional and social media). Honestly,i did not follow the show on livetv because the content does not correlate with my convictions but anytime i login to social media my timeline is always inundated with activities from the show, as some fraction of people that constitute my friend list subject these activities to analyses ,atleast that gave me a brainwave of the inhouse activity. Coincidentally, my first contact with the 5 finalist of the show was on hotfm 93.3, they were grilled with plethora of questions ranging from their inhouse activity since the outset of the show to the end,and they were also quizzed about their life ambition. I was highly gutted at the responses from the housemate about the latter as they were not vocal towards their ambition, their response is tantamount to that of an opportunist, you will hear responses like am a jack of all trade,i can do anything provided is the entertainment industry aside from being an artiste, let me grab this opportunity while it last. The aforementioned statement reeks of extreme mediocrity and that's what the show promotes.

While musing on these, i was struck with nostalgia, during one of those cognitive psychology class back then in unilag, Dr akinbode of the psychology department while taking us on creativity explains why attendees of reality shows rarely breakout into the mainstream, he opined that their source of motivation is always extrinsic because their focus is always on the pecuniary that comes as a prize and any motivation short of interior is ephemeral. These assertion from dr akinbode have been evidenced in the odyssey of breakout stars from different reality shows towards the mainstream, they fall by the road side like a house that was build in an estuarine area without pile foundation during ocean tide. My advice for this youngsters is to design a lucid definition of their ambition but if they want to keep embracing these opportunistic propensities they should enjoy their 15 minutes while it last.

Am Akinsola Abayomi by taxonomy, am not here on my own volition,am only voicing the mind of our ancestors.ire o.

(1) (Reply)

Men Now Use Marriage&ring To Manipulate And Control Women Into Sex Joro Olumofin / Checkout Flavour Football Skills During Training / Yahoo Boy Jailed By Federal High Court In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.