Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. (944 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by MOG2009: 10:32pm On May 18, 2010
Good day House,

This is incredible! ATM  in one of the famous church in Brooklyn, New York. While other  churches  created Websites or phone lines were you can make your offerings and donations with your credit cards. What is the gospel turning into because of money? Why ATM and credit card for offerings? I bet you soon or later, Nigerian Pastors will introduce this in the name of God.
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by Joagbaje(m): 8:37am On May 19, 2010
Where have you been? there are ATMs in several churches in Nigeria already. It is for people convinences. I will rather use ATM in church than carry bulk money in the pocket. Why should church be behind in technology. The world is changing fast my friend. We are entering a cashless society soon in the global village.
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by miftaudeen(m): 8:30pm On May 19, 2010
you know churches are not established for GOD's purpose but for bussiness.
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by MOG2009: 8:37pm On May 19, 2010
Thanks for your responses @ Joagbaje. In your post, you mentioned "convinces" and I think is more on the church part than the members. I believe strongly that the idea  of ATM  in churches are  to discourage people for making excuses for not paying their tithes or given offerings. Remember  Jesus discouraged such "Acts" of  monetary exchange  (Card for Cash) in the temple in Matthew 21:11-13.
What do you think?
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by Joagbaje(m): 11:00am On May 20, 2010
Atm is for the convinience of everybody, ATM in churches is for members convinience. The ATM in churches are not situated inside the church building, but rather outside where it can be accessible by all and passers by. It is different from money changers inside the temple meant for prayers that Jesus talked about.
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by Nobody: 11:57am On May 20, 2010
@joagbaje

Joagbaje:

Where have you been? there are ATMs in several churches in Nigeria already. It is for people convinences. I will rather use ATM in church than carry bulk money in the pocket. Why should church be behind in technology. The world is changing fast my friend. We are entering a cashless society soon in the global village.

Joagbaje:

Atm is for the convinience of everybody, ATM in churches is for members convinience. The ATM in churches are not situated inside the church building, but rather outside where it can be accessible by all and passers by. It is different from money changers inside the temple meant for prayers that Jesus talked about.

hello convenience pastor. where have you been too? because you are just like the house built on sands. the foundation is crumbling. just take a look at you defending ATM in churches twice. who dey figt you? wheres your allegiance- prosperity or salvation?
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 20, 2010
Joagbaje:

We are entering a cashless society soon in the global village.

Is the cashless society a sign of the end times?
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by Ganjaseed: 12:43pm On May 20, 2010
If churches like Christ embassy can operate a bank why not having ATM machine in the church close by the alter with a special usher to monitor who is actually crediting the church account and who is not. People we have not seen nothing yet, it will still get worse than this, don't forget about what the bible said about the gospel peddlers. Maybe this churches has a VPN connection to heaven where the angels of the Lord account for this funds.
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by MOG2009: 1:03pm On May 20, 2010
@ Ganjaseed and Babaearly well said. I'm just scared of this latest development. What next?
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by Joagbaje(m): 5:22pm On May 20, 2010
babaearly:

@joagbaje

hello convenience pastor. where have you been too? because you are just like the house built on sands. the foundation is crumbling. just take a look at you defending ATM in churches twice. who dey figt you? wheres your allegiance- prosperity or salvation?

You people's problem is poverty mentality. You always feel someone is after your money somewhere. Is everything all about money. . I embrace technology, Technology is of God. ATM is for convinience. Dont eatries have ATM. You had better join Osama bi ladden in the desert! grin grin grin
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by MOG2009: 9:26pm On May 20, 2010
@Joagbaje is more of inconvenience to the things of the spirit  than convenience. Have you thought about the "Siren", "Armoured car"  and "Armed Police Officers" likely to interrupted weekly service. The kind of "panick or anxiety" this might cause for the members.  Secondly,  who gets the "charges fees" for convenience, the church or the bank? Thirdly, what impression  will this "business" creat in the minds of people that is against it? Good or Bad.  In addition,  the church could be  drawing attention of armed robbers and ATM fraudsters because of convenience!!!  However, the church is supposed to be the temple of God. A sacred place that must promote spiritual things which is not convenience to the flesh.

I will like your honest response.
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by Joagbaje(m): 10:09am On May 21, 2010
MOG2009:

@Joagbaje is more of inconvenience to the things of the spirit than convenience. Have you thought about the "Siren", "Armoured car" and "Armed Police Officers" likely to interrupted weekly service. The kind of "panick or anxiety" this might cause for the members. Secondly, who gets the "charges fees" for convenience, the church or the bank? Thirdly, what impression will this "business" creat in the minds of people that is against it? Good or Bad. In addition, the church could be drawing attention of armed robbers and ATM fraudsters because of convenience!!! However, the church is supposed to be the temple of God. A sacred place that must promote spiritual things which is not convenience to the flesh.

I will like your honest response.

There is no use of siren or amoured car for ATM. The amount cash it carries is very small which the bank can upload easily . such services by bank is not carried out during church activities. It is not the church that benefit from the charges on ATM but the bank. This is so simple. Instead of the church members looking for ATM machies arround , if one is install at the church gate, it is an answer to prayers for the members. There have been ocassions I will treck to Mr bigss or a bank to look for ATM machines in EMMergency. Maybe i see some new books or tapes i would have loved to buy. So slotting my card in an ATM machine is for everybody convinience.
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by cibilola(f): 11:02am On May 21, 2010
i think using credit card for offering is laughable. . . "credit" in itself means you do not have the money or the money you are apparently sowing does not infact belong to you!

christians should at all times be mindful when giving offerings. . . i feel very uncomfortable when i go to churches and i'm giving an envelop for me to fill out my credit card details. On principle, i don't do this. If i don't have the money, God will not be offended!
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by maddock(m): 2:06pm On May 21, 2010
You guys here should wake up! Whats the big deal about having ATM in church, whats the concept of ATM if not for convinience. Where else do you see large gathering of people if not in churches. The banks are also catching in on this, do you expect me to carry start carrying 100ok (my offering) grin from my home to the church when i can easily and conviniently withdraw inside the church. Abi una no know say lagos robbers them rude, and can kill because of 200 naira.
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by okgerald(m): 6:05pm On May 21, 2010
Members of christ embassy can actually pay their tithes online via a secured connection on the net. Straight from ur atm ,credit or debit card to the churche's account. so i heard from a memeber on tv.
Re: Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. by MOG2009: 10:38pm On May 21, 2010
The question we need to ask ourselves, apart from the convenience of  ATM  machine and Credit card uses, what  is the impact of this business activity in  the house or church of God. The answer is  banks are  getting paid  through (service charge) on sunday at the expense of  "Special Christians" who forgot to fill their lamps with oil before entering into the Inn to wait for the Bridegroom in Matthew 25:1-13.

Secondly, O! I will feel happy at the site of Madlock withdrawing #100k as offering from the ATM machine. Meanwhile, I dont have money  for offering or for the next meal after service. However, if you do not want to carry a huge amount of cash to church, you can "issue or write cheque"for your offering. This will prevent unnecessary attention of someone else knowing "what the left is giving to the right hand".
Therefore, the  church suppose to be  a place for submission and spiritual reflection that will take us away from the societal stress or distraction that could stain our relationship with God.

Why bringing worldly standard or physical convenience to the temple of the most high? Please rethink !

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Think Wants Total World Control And Human Subjugation / Is Drinking Alcohol Sinful / Five Nigerians Emerge As Richest Pastors In Africa::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.