Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,378 members, 7,836,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually (6404 Views)

Dangote: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Rice Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by gamaliel9: 8:47am On Apr 29, 2018
proeast:
I'm part of those exporting and earning over $1000. Which I'm sure is not being documented. On the other hand, there is nothing new in this report, Igbos have been exporting goods all over Subsaharan Africa using Onitsha, Lagos, Nnewi and Aba as launchpads.

One day i was in Aba,one man came and collected bales of sewed shirts[short-sleeve],complete with his personal branding inside the collar oooo,he was packaging them country by country..Cote D`Ivoire, Ghana,even as far as Congo etc..i looked around and i saw that many other tailors were sowing and packing similar shirts in bundles....i think this estimate is wrong,it is more than that.
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by gamaliel9: 8:52am On Apr 29, 2018
proeast:
I'm part of those exporting and earning over $1000. Which I'm sure is not being documented. On the other hand, there is nothing new in this report, Igbos have been exporting goods all over Subsaharan Africa using Onitsha, Lagos, Nnewi and Aba as launchpads.

One day i was in Aba,one man came and collected bales of sewed shirts[short-sleeve],complete with his personal branding inside the collar oooo,he was packaging them country by country..Cote D`Ivoire, Ghana,even as far as Congo etc..i looked around and i saw that many other tailors were sowing and packing similar shirts in bundles.... shocked
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by groomed: 9:04am On Apr 29, 2018
Rexnegro:
I somehow concur cos myself I know how much I do use to send parcels to UK , that's just me alone o
You send to UK as in you export goods there as a business or you just send to relatives who are based there?
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by jimbson: 9:05am On Apr 29, 2018
Since it’s unofficial how den did he know it’s 40billion ??
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by Mcreloaded(m): 9:15am On Apr 29, 2018
They should just leave the informal sector alone and some how indirectly make policies to help them export more because I know the the formal sector has been brutalized since this government came in that most business have gone to Ghana and now they want to touch the informal sector .
Please just leave them alone as it is obvious they do better without you
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by proeast(m): 10:21am On Apr 29, 2018
gamaliel9:

One day i was in Aba,one man came and collected bales of sewed shirts[short-sleeve],complete with his personal branding inside the collar oooo,he was packaging them country by country..Cote D`Ivoire, Ghana,even as far as Congo etc..i looked around and i saw that many other tailors were sowing and packing similar shirts in bundles....i think this estimate is wrong,it is more than that.
Sure, anyone familiar with Aba knows all that. Areas like Bakassi in Ariaria is where you will see hundreds of bales of items like shoes, belts, bags and other leather materials and consumer goods being packed for export to different countries. Places like Kent off Azikiwe and Asa roads in town area of Aba is where you will see all sorts of clothes like shirts, boxers, singlets, overall, uniforms, bedspreads, suits etc being sown by thousands of people and being packed as well for delivery to different parts of the country and export. Aba is just like a small China where almost everything is being produced. I was in one shop when the owner and his workers were branding newly sown blue shirts with the name of a Nigerian bank being crested on them. What marveled me most was how local the shop was yet was producing such neat and beautiful shirts. Aba captures how worthless Nigeria is and why it would be very difficult for this country to ever develop. A responsible government would have provided an enabling environment for this hardworking and skilled producers yet the place is not even in the least conducive with thousands of small generators polluting everywhere with noise and dangerous fumes. Bad roads, filthy environment and flooding whenever it rains! Can any government be more wicked and insensitive than this? Yet one idiotic bastard is somewhere calling youths lazy! The mentality of the average Aba man is not different from that of Shanghai man but the difference is the respective government of both countries cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by Rexnegro(m): 10:59am On Apr 29, 2018
groomed:
You send to UK as in you export goods there as a business or you just send to relatives who are based there?
to my sis for biz who base there
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by groomed: 11:11am On Apr 29, 2018
Rexnegro:
to my sis for biz who base there
oh cool bro. I have been researching that niche/business for some time now. How do you send the food stuff? Do you give to someone going there or you use shipping companies like DHL, UPS or FEDEX?
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by groomed: 11:16am On Apr 29, 2018
proeast:
Sure, anyone familiar with Aba knows all that. Areas like Bakassi in Ariaria is where you will see hundreds of bales of items like shoes, belts, bags and other leather materials and consumer goods being packed for export to different countries. Places like Kent off Azikiwe and Asa roads in town area of Aba is where you will see all sorts of clothes like shirts, boxers, singlets, overall, uniforms, bedspreads, suits etc being sown by thousands of people and being packed as well for delivery to different parts of the country and export. Aba is just like a small China where almost everything is being produced. I was in one shop when the owner and his workers were branding newly sown blue shirts with the name of a Nigerian bank being crested on them. What marveled me most was how local the shop was yet was producing such neat and beautiful shirts. Aba captures how worthless Nigeria is and why it would be very difficult for this country to ever develop. A responsible government would have provided an enabling environment for this hardworking and skilled producers yet the place is not even in the least conducive with thousands of small generators polluting everywhere with noise and dangerous fumes. Bad roads, filthy environment and flooding whenever it rains! Can any government be more wicked and insensitive than this? Yet one idiotic bastard is somewhere calling youths lazy! The mentality of the average Aba man is not different from that of Shanghai man but the difference is the respective government of both countries cry

Do they make bags in Aba, female hand bags?
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by Rexnegro(m): 11:16am On Apr 29, 2018
groomed:
oh cool bro. I have been researching that niche/business for some time now. How do you send the food stuff? Do you give to someone going there or you use shipping companies like DHL, UPS or FEDEX?
those are far too expensive options n I don't give give to no one cos we talking abt over 100kg in weight , do u base in Lagos? WhatsApp me 08038385337
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by groomed: 11:17am On Apr 29, 2018
Rexnegro:

those are far too expensive options n I don't give give to no one cos we talking abt over 100kg in weight , do u base in Lagos? WhatsApp me 08038385337
thanks. Will do.
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by gamaliel9: 11:18am On Apr 29, 2018
proeast:

What i saw there was machine-a combination of men,sewing machines and generators producing money...is Nigeria cursed? I am happy that the Governor and Abaribe are scratching the surface but i tell you if the environment for production and business is enhanced...those guys will stand toe-to-toe with China, Vietnam,Thailand,Lesotho...the whole place was buzzing. Chineke mee ebere...Biafra my Biafra...it is well...

I wish that the governor will put more resources into Aba, at least IGR should increase too
Aba is a diamond mine.
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by proeast(m): 11:28am On Apr 29, 2018
groomed:

Do they make bags in Aba, female hand bags?
Ofcourse they do, you can easily get the producers around Bakassi area of Ariaria.
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by lagosrd: 12:13pm On Apr 29, 2018
Which one is unofficially exporting . This particular government sha. If you had said unofficially importing though our land boarders. I will agree with you. Lies
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by AK481(m): 1:15pm On Apr 29, 2018
This thing cannot be correct ,the figure will be more but since we don’t support evil we will keep Mum.

Yahoo boys sells services ( their time and entertainment) to foreigners and they get paid in dollars.

Like it or not, that’s export
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by ovo12: 2:37pm On Apr 29, 2018
kudosamass:
$40b is nothing compared to what is going out of the Country daily without due process. I am involved in the solid minerals sector, especially the gemstone sub sector. I know what is happening there and I weep for the Country.

One of the reasons is because many Nigerians are not aware that it is very easy to obtain Export License. Some foreigners are economic saboteurs and Government agencies responsible to checkmate that have all gone for holidays. However, the real culprit is the Nigerian

Customs. They don't do their jobs at the boarders. They are only good at terrorizing people inside the Country. See the post on the link bellow on how you can easily obtain your Export License in 24 - 72 hours: https://www.nairaland.com/4361802/how-get-export-license-nigeria

If you have a limited liability company and want to export do u still need an export license?
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by Buildtower: 4:12pm On Apr 29, 2018
[/quote][quote author=NairaMaster1 post=67119681]What about the formal ones?

Lol
Re: NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually by dataking: 5:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
proeast:

Blame your governors first, before the top. They are all culprits.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Licensed Firearms Dealers In Nigeria / What Kind Of Business Can Someone Do With A Plot Of Land / On Going Work At The Onitsha Shoprite And International Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.