Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

The Mystery Behind The Name Daodu/dawodu - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Mystery Behind The Name Daodu/dawodu (1955 Views)

The Mystery Behind Sugar, Salt And One Part Of Your Body / Natural Dreadlocks Popularly Called Dada-What Is The Mystery Behind It? / What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mystery Behind The Name Daodu/dawodu by Pearlyakin(m): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
The Name Is Dawodu, Not David
Some weeks ago Olodumare gave me a very vital clue to ascertain the whether or not the the biblical Israelites are actually the people who proudly call themselves Ọmọ Oodua (a.k.a. Aku) and have Ifa as their national constitution. The clue is the name Daodu, also spelled as Dawodu, and the actual name for the man known today worldwide as David – please see “The name is Dawodu (not David)” where this was first discussed. I was able to learn that the Ọmọ Oodua use it more as a designation – for which the conditions are well stipulated and of common knowledge – than a name. I searched for the meaning knowing that “beloved” as suggested by the Jews and their fellow Amorites is false. I asked some of my fellow Ọmọ Oodua and Edo people but they were at a loss, which I took to be a symptom of stupor – having eyes to see and ears to hear but achieving neither (Isaiah 6:9-10; Acts 28:26-27) – and a test of how knowledgeable Ọmọ Oodua people are of their mother tongue. Don’t get me wrong, even though I am an Ọmọ Oodua my grasp of the language is still poor but my appreciation seems higher that that of many fluent speakers. Going by the way the Ọmọ Oodua, in comparison with the biblical Israelites, name their children prophetically e.g. Moshe/Moses, Apata/Peter, etc., I decided to use such as a yardstick for deriving the translation of Daodu. I did get a clue from VoodooDoll of Nairaland.com but it did not in my opinion fit the life experiences of Oba Daodu/David and the designation as applied by the Ọmọ Oodua.
I prayed and asked for the meaning of the name (Daniel 1:17; 2:19-30, 47; 5) and shortly after, at 00.22 or 00.23 a.m. of Saturday 28th January, 2012, the Source gave me the answer:
Daodu → Ẹni to da Odu lẹ
The One who established/founded/set down/gave us the Odu
or
The One who casts the configuration of the Odu
The translation above can be shortened to
Ẹni to da Odu
or quite simply as
Da Odu
without the message therein getting lost to those already familiar with the Aku language and customs.
The Odu here refers not just to the Odu Ifa, but the ordinances (derived from the word odu) by which mankind must abide. There are 16 primary Odu and 24 secondary Odu all containing Olodumare’s’s message for the guidance of man. The diviner or Babalawo (father of secrets) prays to Ela (Spirit of Purity) for the success of the divination, tosses/throws/casts down a set of palm nuts of a special kind or a chain called Ọpẹlẹ or kolanuts, and Ela who is Ifa responds with the unique Odu configuration which contains the message for the client.
SuggestedSpeculative deeper translation: If the Odu represent creation, Daodu would mean ‘founder of the world’ or ‘He who founded the world,’ thus proving that Ela is the divine Daodu who indeed laid the foundations of the world (Job 38:4; Psalm 102:25, 104:5; Proverbs 3:19; 1 Corinthians 3:11; Hebrews 1:10; 1 Peter 1:20).
Role of Daodu
As previously described Daodu is a designation referring to the heir who is male, represents all the offspring of the family, and is accepted as the first among the sons and daughters, thus the most senior and qualified representative. Upon receiving the family inheritance he becomes the father of the family. Thereafter he shares it amongst his siblings whilst having taken his portion and deciding what system to employ in this distribution. He settles disputes amongst the siblings and is the family representative whenever important matters arise as he makes decisions on behalf of the sons and daughters thus promoting unity. In short, he executes judgment and gives each person his or her reward.
Orisha Daodu
In the history of the Ọmọ Oodua there once reigned an Oba (royal father/father of the people) named Aganju, but whose name from birth, according to twisted biblical information, was and is Daodu (erroneously called David). The use of Daodu as a name as suggested by the bible compilers is quite strange, unless it was Ifa’s revelation as his name from heaven during his Ẹsẹn’taye or Itefa ceremonies. If true, that name may have been what the Aku call Orukọ Amutọrunwa. Using such a lens to discern the veracity or not of Daodu as his true name, it can be seen from the descriptive above of the role of a Daodu that he did live it out as the:
father of the people of Israel (1 Samuel 24:11,16);
one who gave to each person his/her due reward whether rich or poor (1 Samuel 25, 30:22-26; 2 Samuel 1:1-16); and
one who administered judgment and justice to all his people (2 Samuel 8:15; 1 Chronicles 18:14).
Therefore it can be seen that he was indeed born to rule over his nation the Ẹgbẹ Ọmọ Oodua (nation of Oduduwa’a heirs; 1 Chronicles 28:4; Ezekiel 34:23-24, 37:24-25).
Prime Daodu
A closer look at the Aku way of life including customs and traditions reveals that it is patterned after heaven (Matthew 6:10). Orisha Daodu is also seen as a forerunner of the Ọbatala a.k.a. Ẹla who is Ọmọ Osin (“Child of the Ruler” or Child of the prime venerate”) the prime Daodu of creation, which He did point out severally.
He is the only begotten son of God (John 1:18), Moremi’s (transliterated by Amorites to Mary, Maryam, Mariam and Miriam, Meri etc) firstborn son (Matthew 1:25), the Oba of His people (Micah 5:2; Matthew 2:2; John 12:13-15), the One who will reward each according to his/her works thus administering judgment and justice (Matthew 16:27; 20:1-16; 24:45-51; 25; Acts 17:3; Revelations 2:23; 22:12), the Heir (Matthew 21:33-41), the first to resurrect into incorruption and One to distribute the divine inheritance to His elect (Revelations 1:5; 2:7,17, 22-28; 3:12,21), and the One to identify His people (John 12:36). In all these He fulfills the leadership role of the Daodu as practiced by the Ọmọ Oodua, but with pure perfection that can only be divine.
There are certain behavioural traits that can be seen in the lives of the Orisha and Prime Daodu. Prior to his sitting on the throne of the Ọmọ Oodua, Orisha Daodu had as followers people who were in social distress and discontent, people who left all to follow him (1 Samuel 22:2), and he interacted freely with his people regardless of social status (1 Samuel 18:13,16; 22:2); the Prime Daodu preached to the poor (Isaiah 61:1; Matthew 11:5; Luke 4:18), went in and out among his people regardless of social status and perception as saints or sinners (Mark 2:14-17), and had as disciples people who left all to follow him (Matthew 19:27-29). Furthermore, the Prime Daodu has told us that he will give the keys of Daodu – perhaps his keys unless they refer to a role of Orisha Daodu, especially since the former referred to “Daodu” in the 3rd person – to those who overcome. This he can do because Olodumare has handed the Kingdom to the divine Daodu (Isaiah 22:2; Matthew 16:19; Revelations 2:26-27; 3:7-8,21) who then shares his inheritance to his elect (John 5:22-23; 16:15). Perhaps he grants his elect access to the Kingdom by giving them his keys.
Another interesting observation is the administrative setup of Yoruba kingdoms. Here, the Oba has 200 mighty men to his left and another 200 to his right, which is in accordance with that in heaven – Olodumare having the Igba Irunmọlẹ Ojutokun and the Igba Irunmọlẹ Ojukosi (or 200 divinities to the right and 200 divinities to the left) of His throne. It seems this was alluded to in 2 Samuel 16:6 when Orisha Daodu was described as having mighty men on his right and left, and in Matthew 20:20-23 and Mark 10:35-40 when the mother of James and John asked Prime Daodu to let her sons sit on His right and left in his kingdom. How did James, John, their mother, and the Ọmọ Oodua know about the Left and the Right? Could Prime Daodu have taught their fathers/ancestors? Orunmila who is Ibikeji Olodumare (Vice-Gerent of Olodumare) and Prophet of Ifa did give to and teach mankind Ifa where the Left and Right are mentioned.
Daodu and Ifa
Ifa is said to be Oloduamare’s message to man which was brought to earth, and according to Dr William Bascom, its divination aspect is based on 16 basic and 240 derivative configurations of Odu which are obtained either by the use of sixteen Ikin (palm-nuts) or the Ọpẹlẹ (chain) of eight half-seed shells.
Since the Saviour is the Prime Daodu and He was born as Oba to rule over all the Ọmọ Oodua and the world (John 18:33-37), Orisha Daodu who was born to rule and save the Ọmọ Oodua from enemies must have been associated with the use of Ifa as well.
Ifa in the Bible
Words like Ephod, Epha, and Epher are variant transliterations of Ifa. This linguistic similarity can be used to trace its use in biblical Israel.
1 Samuel 23: 2, 4, 6, 9, 12. Orisha Daodu carried the ephod in his hand and used it by himself to inquire of Ẹla about certain decisions. This is similar to the way many Babalawo today still carry their divining instruments like the ọpẹlẹ when going from place to place.
SHAPE \* MERGEFORMAT
Figure 1: Ifa Divination instruments – the diviner’s bags on the wall and the divination tray just below (Source: Hamill Gallery of Tribal Art)
1 Samuel 30: 7-8. Here, Orisha Daodu used the ephod by himself to inquire of Ẹla. He did not get anyone else to do that for him, thus indicating that he had learned the practice of divination and was a Babalawo.
SHAPE \* MERGEFORMAT
Figure 2: A babalawo performing d’ifa (divination) with the special ikin or palm nuts in his hand
2 Samuel 6: 14; 1 Chronicles 15: 27. Orisha Daodu wore a linen ephod (leather and beaded options also available), most likely just as the Alawo (re-lexified to Levites) did and still do today, indicating that he was a full-fledged Babalawo.
Figure 3: [picture to be replaced soon]
Exodus 28:33-35. The Alawo had bells as part of their apparel which may have looked like the pictures below of some Ifa bells. (see also this image and another image)
Figure 4: Ifa bell
1 Chronicles 25: 8; 26: 13-16. Lots were cast to determine and schedule the duties of the musicians and gatekeepers, probably using either the ikin or ọpẹlẹ which are perfectly suitable for obtaining yes or no answers from the Prime Daodu.
Figure 5: A babalawo using the ọpẹlẹ
Ifa and Christianity among the Aku
I saw myself walking on what appeared to be a street or stalls in a market preaching with a Bible in hand and coming from the opposite direction and walking past me was another person preaching with Ifa. As he walked past I turned around and listened to what he was saying, only to notice that we were saying the same thing but going in different directions. This is what was shown to me in a dream, what I saw. Maybe it was just a dream, maybe not, time will soon tell. My understanding of it is that the Ọmọ Oodua both in West Africa and in the Daispora need to seek the Olodumare with all our heart (not hearts) and soul (not souls), as one nation, before the Prime Daodu saves us as prophesied since the time of the founding of biblical Israel (Genesis 15; Deuteronomy 30:1-14; John 11:52). Seeking the Almighty this way would be comparable to the type of revival that occurred in the kingdom of Ifẹ Owodaye (Judah) when and where the Prime Daodu preached Ifa.
(I later understood the dream to mean that although I had good intentions I was unknowingly going in the wrong direction and preaching a fraud, but Olodumare helped me take time to perceive and not resist the true message, which is only Ifa. So far with this blog, I have dropped my initial unpolished stance and now preach only Ifa.)
However, the oyinbo religions like Christianity and Islam that have been sold to the Ọmọ Oodua by the oyinbo are for the purpose of slavery, exploitation and domination by the latter. The result is a sizeable portion of the populace that follows alien ways and blasphemes against Ifa. This is a brainwashing from thinking that fair skin and equates to white, good and lisght, and dark skin equates to gloom, doom and evil. The false perception is perpetrated using various means including the electronic media with which the Babalawo are frequently, erroneously and maliciously depicted as Oso (wizards). It also seems many of the Babalawo do not help matters with what appears to be their various accounts, misinterpretations perhaps, and edits of the Ifa literary corpus.
Indicator of erroneous translations
The name David as pronounced and popularized around the world is fictitious and the product of deviating transliterations of Biblical names and the racism against Daodu’s people and all blacks. Those perpetuating this fraud, claiming that David means beloved include the Amorites that enslaved Oduduwa’s descendants for 400 years (Genesis 15), including the cuckoos who call themselves Jews (Revelations 2:9; 3:9) and took leading roles in this horror. The name David is one evidence of plagiarism of the Jews and fellow Amorites like the Indo-Europeans for the purpose of deceiving the whole world. As these Jews are not the original people their language which they call Hebrew or Modern Hebrew is is a poor fabrication from the original of which there are many words whose etymologies and translations are still unknown to them e.g. the name Aaron.
Daodu in Ọmọ Oodua king lists
Daodu is a very unique and special name that deserves special attention and study within the Akucommunity. As Daodu is hardly used by the Aku as a name there is the likelihood that the earthly Daodu might have been given a different name at birth. If so there is the consequent possibility that this other name features in the Ife king lists in place of Daodu and that the Ọmọ Oodua might have been calling him Daodu in recognition of his position as first among the Ọmọ Oodua – a similar situation occurred sometime ago in Abeokuta when the father of Fela Anikulapo-Kuti was popularly referred to as Daodu instead of his actual name. He is however remembered in the Ọyọ division as Orisha Aganju.

#copied

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mystery Behind The Name Daodu/dawodu by KingSango(m): 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
Interesting, the Middle East is Africa and many kingdoms that were in it were Africans. Babylon ruled by African king Nimrod, Canaanties and Egyptians all Africans. Early Greeks were half breeds. The Phonecians were Africans which includes the Moabites which became the Moors. The ancient Hebrews were Africans too!

I found the Giants were the Dinkas of Sudan who are the pyramid builders, stands to reason they are so tall and very strong. The Babylonians were giant Africans. The diet of ancient man was different before the flood. Oduduwa was a giant and so was his descendant Oranyiyam the baba of Sango. We have been on the Earth for millions of years going through various recreations and different humanoid forms.

Ase

Love Sango

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystery Behind The Name Daodu/dawodu by babasolution: 8:24am On May 01, 2018
KingSango:

Interesting, the Middle East is Africa and many kingdoms that were in it were Africans. Babylon ruled by African king Nimrod, Canaanties and Egyptians all Africans. Early Greeks were half breeds. The Phonecians were Africans which includes the Moabites which became the Moors. The ancient Hebrews were Africans too!

I found the Giants were the Dinkas of Sudan who are the pyramid builders, stands to reason they are so tall and very strong. The Babylonians were giant Africans. The diet of ancient man was different before the flood. Oduduwa was a giant and so was his descendant Oranyiyam the baba of Sango. We have been on the Earth for millions of years going through various recreations and different humanoid forms.

Ase

Love Sango

so who were the whites and asians and indians during these ancient times if all these kingdoms were African,why was Africa so easily enslaved and impoverished if they were so great a people? i think as Africans its time we start looking forward and forget about these ancient times.its not doing us any good,as theres so much dispute about it,no one really knows the fact.even if they were blacks,its the past now,lets build ourselves and become great again instead of always dwelling on the past

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystery Behind The Name Daodu/dawodu by KingSango(m): 12:16pm On May 01, 2018
babasolution:

so who were the whites and asians and indians during these ancient times if all these kingdoms were African,why was Africa so easily enslaved and impoverished if they were so great a people? i think as Africans its time we start looking forward and forget about these ancient times.its not doing us any good,as theres so much dispute about it,no one really knows the fact.even if they were blacks,its the past now,lets build ourselves and become great again instead of always dwelling on the past

Magick is the only science and in comprise to the unmentioned it is the highest science. Africans are the oldest race created by the Filament God Almighty Obatala, the Most High, Elohim. He descended from the golden chain which symbolizes Alchemy transmutation, as in having the Ase to change structural geometric reality. Obatala is entrusted with Esu the mystic power of Olorun the second manifestation of Olodumare.Esu is the only spirit who can vibrate higher enough to reach Olodumare.

We must understand magick and we must understand the tree of life if we intent to build. Any society that becomes highly technological while ignoring spiritual counsil and advancement becomes a terror to the Earth and it's own citizentry.

As for as the past, there is only the eternal now. If ancient was correct about the dome which is the firmament over the Earth where sits the sky God and human creater. Then mostly they are right about circular time where we are in a time loop with all worlds occuring simultaneously. Billions of dimensions are superimposed and jutaposed connected. What we perceive as time is our vibrations changing and alternating like electric circuitry. We are separated from other time periods, such as the past, shockingly the future, as well, by mere vibratory pattern yet they are all happening now. Every man is his own Horus and every woman Isis. The only people that matters to most of us are the people we know personally on an individual level. This is proof we live in our own world while interacting with others from different vibrations and experiences from ours.

Ase

Love Sango
Re: The Mystery Behind The Name Daodu/dawodu by babasolution: 3:02pm On May 01, 2018
KingSango:

Magick is the only science and in comprise to the unmentioned it is the highest science. Africans are the oldest race created by the Filament God Almighty Obatala, the Most High, Elohim. He descended from the golden chain which symbolizes Alchemy transmutation, as in having the Ase to change structural geometric reality. Obatala is entrusted with Esu the mystic power of Olorun the second manifestation of Olodumare.Esu is the only spirit who can vibrate higher enough to reach Olodumare.

We must understand magick and we must understand the tree of life if we intent to build. Any society that becomes highly technological while ignoring spiritual counsil and advancement becomes a terror to the Earth and it's own citizentry.

As for as the past, there is only the eternal now. If ancient was correct about the dome which is the firmament over the Earth where sits the sky God and human creater. Then mostly they are right about circular time where we are in a time loop with all worlds occuring simultaneously. Billions of dimensions are superimposed and jutaposed connected. What we perceive as time is our vibrations changing and alternating like electric circuitry. We are separated from other time periods, such as the past, shockingly the future, as well, by mere vibratory pattern yet they are all happening now. Every man is his own Horus and every woman Isis. The only people that matters to most of us are the people we know personally on an individual level. This is proof we live in our own world while interacting with others from different vibrations and experiences from ours.

Ase

Love Sango

this is rubbish,come down to earth,mr man,some of your write up are very insightful but these types are just crap,magical science cant product any positive for humanity only natural science
Re: The Mystery Behind The Name Daodu/dawodu by KingSango(m): 3:23pm On May 01, 2018
babasolution:

this is rubbish,come down to earth,mr man,some of your write up are very insightful but these types are just crap,magical science cant product any positive for humanity only natural science

Nonsense.

nat·u·ral sci·ence
noun
a branch of science that deals with the physical world, e.g., physics, chemistry, geology, and biology.
the branch of knowledge that deals with the study of the physical world.

Natural science is a branch of science concerned with the description, prediction, and understanding of natural phenomena, based on empirical evidence from observation and experimentation. Mechanisms such as peer review and repeatability of findings are used to try to ensure the validity of scientific advances.

There is no such thing as time and space only Time and Material world which both are illusions.

Time gets divided into scenes, frames, events, etc, which when you trace their root its all illusions.

Material world gets divided into things, atoms, subatomic particles which when you trace their roots are all illusions.

The true self is an actionless consciousness floating in the ocean of cosmic energy which is shaped by sacred geometry and scatters based upon cause and effect into endless fractals. This equates to multiple worlds, higher realms where one day is equal to a thousand of our years, even higher realms where a few moments could be a thousands of years in our enclosed reality under the dome. Angels and demons are those beings who are advanced enough to travel from one dimension to another and manifest great supernatural power and abilities. Which we all have these abilities when you acquire occult training either initiate to a secret society or self initiate yourself into the mysteries. Being ignorant has always been a choice on this planet. Men have crossed oceans and mountains in search of mystical knowledge, some died on their journey but the choice is yours.

Magick and Science
by Lorraine Hammock

While we witches, druids, shamans, and other assorted magical people often practice our craft discreetly, a large number of scientists have been busy, uncovering truths about our universe that prove us right. Most ancient cultures have myths that tell tales of great magick, such as levitation, causing objects to materialize out of thin air, visions, prophecies, spontaneous healing, and the ability to transform from one shape to another. Ghosts, out of body experiences, ESP, and other types of experiences have been labeled “supernatural”, or paranormal. For many years, science frowned on these notions as pure fiction, or even worse, trickery. But over the last few decades, new advances in understanding the underlying structure of our universe, commonly referred to as The New Physics, are causing scientists to reexamine EVERYTHING.

Prashant Trivedi On The Multiverse & Other Realities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny4QKeVyot4&t=1696s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eglTE8ijhF8

If you want to learn the occult, it is here:

www.undergroundriseup..com

(1) (Reply)

Calling All London Igbos / Itan Opolo / A Hausa Advice To Married Women (a Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.