Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,054 members, 7,828,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Error Running Asp.net Application - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Error Running Asp.net Application (1249 Views)

Generating Crystal Report With MYSQL Database For A VB.NET Application / Genrating Crystal Report With Mysql Database In A Vb.net Application / Fingerprint Authentication In Vb.net Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Error Running Asp.net Application by software(m): 12:54am On Mar 16, 2007
Hi Guys. Pls i need some help. I am having problems with running my applications.

I use Visual Web developer 2005 express edition, to Develop my program/ if i run with the development tool, my program runs well. but when i try running from the localhost or on the Remote Server it gives me this error below

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on the local server machine, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "RemoteOnly". To enable the details to be viewable on remote machines, please set "mode" to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Pls how can i go about this? I need help pls.

Solutions, would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in Advance
Re: Error Running Asp.net Application by Gomez(m): 10:14pm On Mar 16, 2007
Your problem can be solved first we have to be sure that certain things are on ground
1. Did u install IIS on that machine?
2. Did u configure ur application to use IIS?
When building a web app u have an option to use the express edition inbuilt cassini , IIS,FTP etc
when next you what ur application to run on IIS try selecting IIS when starting the applications.
if you still have a problem after doing that dont fail to post ur problem
Re: Error Running Asp.net Application by software(m): 11:19am On Mar 17, 2007
@ Gomez

Thanks so much Gomez for your Prompt Reply. Yes i Have INstalled IIS and .net 2.0
My application, has been configured to use IIS. check out the codes Below. Thats my Web.config File.

Would it be nessesary, I creat a virtual Diretory? If Nessecary, Pls Explain the steps for me. This is my first project on Asp.net. Thanks in Advance. God Bless

These are the connection string used for your application specific data and
ASP.NET provider (membership, roles etc.)

-->
<connectionStrings>
<add name="connectionstring" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=&quot;|DataDirectory|JsskDb.mdf&quot;;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
<add name="MyProviderConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=True;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|JsskDb.mdf;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
</connectionStrings>

<location path="changepassword.aspx">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<deny users="?"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

<system.web>
<!--
This is my theme applied to the site. .
-->

<pages theme="YellowShades"></pages>

<compilation debug="true">
<assemblies>
<add assembly="System.Data, Version=2.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
<add assembly="System.Xml, Version=2.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
</assemblies>
</compilation>

<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="customerrorpage.aspx"></customErrors>

<anonymousIdentification enabled="true"/>

<authentication mode="Forms"/>

<system.web>
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

<location path="jobseeker">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

<system.net>
<mailSettings>
<smtp from="emmanuel@kinsmen.com">
<network host="kinsmen" password="" userName="" />
</smtp>
</mailSettings>
</system.net>
</configuration>
Re: Error Running Asp.net Application by Zahymaka(m): 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2007
This looks like one of the problems associated with not setting the folder permissions correctly on the server. Certain web.config directives require an application for the directory and in some cases, setting execute permissions to 'Scripts and Executables.'

Do you have any access to changing these on the server your app is hosted?

By the way, what tool do you use?
Re: Error Running Asp.net Application by software(m): 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2007
Zahymaka:

This looks like one of the problems associated with not setting the folder permissions correctly on the server. Certain web.config directives require an application for the directory and in some cases, setting execute permissions to 'Scripts and Executables.'

Do you have any access to changing these on the server your app is hosted?

By the way, what tool do you use?

I use Visual web developer 2005 express edition. asp.net/vb

N.B it runns perfectly well, when i debug and run using the development tool.
thanks.
Re: Error Running Asp.net Application by software(m): 9:26pm On Mar 30, 2007
Thanks my people. i have fixed it. I taught i had created the Virtual Folder. after creating it, the application worked well. thanks so much.

God Bless

(1) (Reply)

[APP]MTK ADB, Use ADB directly on your device / Can A Software Engineer Be Like Every Other Entrepreneur / Complete Java Tutorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.