Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,153 members, 7,842,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (817047 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (390) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NB1912: 8:11am On Oct 27, 2021
okikiosibodu:

I tried to check the kind of visa needed in the site but couldn't find it (I get finicky and confused when something has too many details. I tried to Google it and found out from about two sites that it falls under 199 visa. Thanks for the heads up

I just tried to make more researches on the cost for the skill assessment and visa application . Fear catch me as I see am o
From what i can see, you haven't read this thread. I will advise you to read the thread from page one and you will gain valuable information.
In saying that, you should read the Vetassess information sheet for "Technical Sales Representative NEC" to be really sure that your current role fits in. NEC's occupation are tricky, so you need to take extra precaution.
https://www.vetassess.com.au/Portals/0/Downloads/qualification_assessment/SRGO%20Infosheet_Technical%20Sales%20Representatives%20nec.pdf
You can also find the list of Vetassess occupation here; https://www.vetassess.com.au/portals/0/downloads/qualification_assessment/vetassess-general-occupation-list.pdf?vid=100
Your occupation qualifies for 190 & 491 visa. As things stand, your best bet is South Australia, however, you will need 8 years of experience and Proficient Plus English (IELTS 7.5 overall Equivalent) to qualify for offshore 491 visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by dzamaka: 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2021
stifo2012:

Before your husband can apply for nomination, he is expected to have his skills assessed by the relevant assessing body (Engineers Australia) and should have his English language test result.

Thank you
We are on it
Have the Australian government resumed offshore nomination?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Greatnnamdi: 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2021
Good day all,

Please I contacted vatesses via email to ask if an OSAP skill assessment for a fitter (general) stage 2 technical interview can be done in Nigeria, they said I should be able to travel to the country they can be conducting it by face to face or skype (south Africa or Zimbabwe) for the stage two skill assessment technical interview.

Any idea or suggestions...

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stifo2012: 11:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
The Federal government through the department of home affairs nominate people for 189 visa while state government nominate people for 190 and 491 Visa.
It is after you have been nominated that you can apply to department of home affairs for your respective Visa.
Some states have started nominating people.

dzamaka:

Thank you
We are on it
Have the Australian government resumed offshore nomination?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Jyde1234: 12:07am On Oct 28, 2021
Hello everyone, I am new on this thread . I have HND in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with telecommunication options . I graduated 2011 and started working since 2012 after Nysc. I want to ask if Electrical and electronics engineering is accepted under subclass 189 ?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stifo2012: 12:43am On Oct 29, 2021
Kindly read up the first three pages of this thread and then come back to ask specific questions.

Jyde1234:
Hello everyone, I am new on this thread . I have HND in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with telecommunication options . I graduated 2011 and started working since 2012 after Nysc. I want to ask if Electrical and electronics engineering is accepted under subclass 189 ?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DrCollins218: 5:49am On Oct 29, 2021
Good day everyone,
Please can anyone furnish me with a link to a thread about life in Australia for new arrivals.

Thanks and God bless you all.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 8:50am On Oct 29, 2021
zeb04:

Hi future don, I hope you see the message.
I finally settled for a PhD in Public health with a focus in sexual and reproductive health at the university of Canterbury New Zealand.

I chose this because I have worked with women in infertility for 5 years now, and my Msc in in something similar.

I wanted my research to focus on African women however, I need advice. do you think this is a wrong move since I want to settle in new Zealand after my studies.

Also, do you think this will affect my job search after study? Should my research be about new Zealand?

Can i also contact you personally?

Hi zeb04, congratulations on your Uni of Canterbury offer, well done! To answer your questions, focusing on African women while aspiring to settle down in NZ post-PhD is NOT a wrong move. However, I am concerned that it would be a bit of a struggle finding enough women of African origin to recruit for your research. Should that happen, you would be able to amend your research plan to include people from other races/ethnicity if necessary.

On whether it would have a negative impact post-PhD, I seriously doubt that and you should be fine. The quality of research that you will be doing is what matters most.

Sure, feel free to send me an e-mail request on here.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2021
DrCollins218:
Good day everyone,
Please can anyone furnish me with a link to a thread about life in Australia for new arrivals.

Thanks and God bless you all.

You can get all the information you seek about living in Australia here : https://www.nairaland.com/4107449/living-australia-life-australian-immigrant/113#107141750

Start from 0 page of it.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Samken2: 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
How can I apply for Australia student visa from Nigeria
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mokikeoj: 1:12am On Nov 02, 2021
Hi everyone, please is polio vaccination still mandatory for everyone for Australia visa?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ictmikky(m): 1:27pm On Nov 03, 2021
mokikeoj:
Hi everyone, please is polio vaccination still mandatory for everyone for Australia visa?

I believe it is. Very recently at IOM, evidence of vaccination was requested. If you don't have, you'll be administered the vaccine. Mind you, this isn't free.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NB1912: 4:22am On Nov 04, 2021
Samken2:
How can I apply for Australia student visa from Nigeria
There is a different thread for Australian Student Visa. Would advise you to read the thread before asking questions. Best of luck!!!

Part 1: https://www.nairaland.com/1032530/general-australian-visa-enquiries
Part 2: https://www.nairaland.com/2338380/general-australian-student-visa-enquiries
Part 3: https://www.nairaland.com/3786389/general-australian-student-visa-enquiries

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Kelwell: 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2021
hello Guru, am finding it difficult to pay my assessment fee on TRA-MSA of AUD720 does anyone know the current rate of the Australian dollars.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Kelwell: 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
Please am finding it difficult paying for the TRA-MSA assessment .....does anyone have idea please help
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Xkoba: 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
I hope you are not paying a naira card?

Kelwell:
hello Guru, am finding it difficult to pay my assessment fee on TRA-MSA of AUD720 does anyone know the current rate of the Australian dollars.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Kelwell: 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2021
Xkoba:
I hope you are not paying a naira card?

No. I am using a wallet-Africa virtual dollar card with about $557.
or any idea what the current 1AUD is to 1USD
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Kelwell: 9:34am On Nov 05, 2021
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP WITH HOW I CAN PAY FOR MY MIGRATION SKILL ASSESSMENT
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ictmikky(m): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2021
Kelwell:

No. I am using a wallet-Africa virtual dollar card with about $557.
or any idea what the current 1AUD is to 1USD

Use Google to get an estimate
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Greatnnamdi: 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2021
Good evening guru,

Please which state is good for a score of estimate 70 points as a fitter general.

Am looking in the near future because of work experience point gain.

Thanks...

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olystic: 11:13pm On Nov 06, 2021
Greatnnamdi:
Good evening guru,

Please which state is good for a score of estimate 70 points as a fitter general.

Am looking in the near future because of work experience point gain.

Thanks...
South Australia, Tasmania

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by FreshBoss007: 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2021
GOod evening all,

Please when making an EOI, Can one apply for a visa class 189,190 and 491 at once?

I saw the option while filling the form, @Bellong and tunlex
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by FreshBoss007: 7:43pm On Nov 09, 2021
For architect who did pr, which region is best to apply for

My estimated points is 75
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by adeoladele(m): 7:38am On Nov 12, 2021
Please anyone here assessed for IT, please I need your help
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:51am On Nov 12, 2021
FreshBoss007:
GOod evening all,

Please when making an EOI, Can one apply for a visa class 189,190 and 491 at once?

I saw the option while filling the form, @Bellong and tunlex
Yes but only choose one state per EOI
You should also create multiple EOIs for the states you are targeting/nominating your occupation

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:53am On Nov 12, 2021
FreshBoss007:
For architect who did pr, which region is best to apply for

My estimated points is 75
Your estimated point may be low. Check anzscosearch.com to see the number of people waiting.
If 491 is available in any state, you should go for it too

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:54am On Nov 12, 2021
adeoladele:
Please anyone here assessed for IT, please I need your help
What do you mean IT? Can you be more specific? There are more than 30 IT occupations on the list.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by adeoladele(m): 8:10am On Nov 13, 2021
I was told there was insufficient paid evidence
tunlex01:

What do you mean IT? There are more than 30 IT occupations on the list.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2021
adeoladele:
I was told there was insufficient paid evidence
Which authority stated that?
Be specific about the occupation you have assessed and the one(s) you want to assess
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mokikeoj: 1:04pm On Nov 13, 2021
Please I would like to find out if an elderly person visiting Australia is required to take the yellow fever and polio vaccines or if they are exempted.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by joeybillz(m): 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
aduktus:
Anyone trying to apply through the new Global Talent Independent Program?
goodday aduktus,please can you explain what Global Talent Independent program is,someone shared a link to me about it abd said i shd apply to Australia...ive no idea at all about it...i have Bsc in fisheries.. am i qualified to apply? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (390) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.