Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (808685 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by merrijosh(m): 8:13am On Aug 12, 2022
tunlex01:

Thanks for your swift response. Spouse will wait to have the 3years experience, we can't afford the study route.

There is no admin role on the occupation list.
Your spouse can be the primary applicant but but plant biology and insurance are not related. So that can be an issue.
Every one still need to write English test. You may want to look at study route or spouse wait to have 3 yearsof experience and can try assessing as an insurance agent.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by merrijosh(m): 8:17am On Aug 12, 2022
Thanks for your swift response.
We will wait for spouse to have the 3years of experience. We can't afford the study route.

tunlex01:

There is no admin role on the occupation list.
Your spouse can be the primary applicant but but plant biology and insurance are not related. So that can be an issue.
Every one still need to write English test. You may want to look at study route or spouse wait to have 3 yearsof experience and can try assessing as an insurance agent.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Pimiento(m): 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2022
Thanks for your response @tunlex01. Unfortunately,
I don'treport directly to the CEO.
tunlex01:

There is just 1 sales role: sales manager but you need to be reporting directly to the CEO. Are you?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ozyalex: 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2022
Hello All,

Please i am interested in migrating to Australia my details

Education: BA.Ed Guidance and Counselling
Year of graduation: 2019
Nysc: 2019 to 2020
Work experience: Human Resource OfficerI have like over 2 years of experience
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:18am On Aug 13, 2022
Saynoomore:

Okay, if I get you, this means an applicant must go the federal portal to register for EOI first, before visiting the various state portals to complete their respective ROIs. When the state nominates you, they grant you a +15points to add to your federal account portforlio, which increases your points on the federal portal. In the event of a draw on the federal portal, your chances of being selected increases. This is comparable to the Canada's PNP and Federal draws? Am I right?

To get nomination, register multiple EOIs on the 'federal portal' like you call it. For each EOI, select one state and indicate if you want 491 or 190 and if your occupation is on the 189 list, add it to the list.
For example,
EOIa - NSW 190 (tick the 189 box too)
EOIb - NSW 491 only
EOIc - SA 190
EOId - SA 491
You should create at least 4 to open up your chances. You can use same email address but note down your EOI numbers and passwords.

Then monitor each state migration website for their nomination requirements. For example, NSW requires ROI for 491 but not for 190.
If a state nominates your occupation and you did not create EOI for them, you can create a new one asap or modify one of the EOIs you have to that state.
The state points are automatically added when you select the visa class on EOI.
The federal draw is only for 189 and not for 190/491
If you apply for ROI in SA for example and you meet the requirement, you will get a pre-invite to submit documents to the state within 14 days. After which the state will approve your nomination and you get ITA directly from your EOI.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:20am On Aug 13, 2022
Ozyalex:
Hello All,

Which uni did you graduate from?

Visit www.anzscosearch.com
You may need to register on the website to view the details below
On the top middle page click "Lists" (on a laptop/computer) or click the Hamburger sign (3 horizontal lines) to select "Lists" if you are using a mobile device
Go through the 3 lists MLTSSL, STSOL and ROL
Click any of the occupations that best relate to what you do.
When you click the occupation, scroll down to 'Anzsco code' and scroll to 'Tasks'
Check if the tasks relate to the occupation you have selected.
Revert here with occupation(s) you deem relate to what you do and we will take it up from there

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mcslize: 8:35am On Aug 13, 2022
Ozyalex:
Hello All,

Is your course an education course? If so, you can apply as a Teacher with your education degree if you did teaching practice. You don't need that your 2yrs experience as a Teacher.

Your TP is all you need.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by izang87(m): 9:19am On Aug 13, 2022
tunlex01:

To get nomination, register multiple EOIs on the 'federal portal' like you call it. For each EOI, select one state and indicate if you want 491 or 190 and if your occupation is on the 189 list, add it to the list.
For example,
EOIb - NSW 491 only
EOIc - SA 190 (tick the 189 box)
EOId - SA 491
You should create at least 4 to open up your chances. You can use same email address but note down your EOI numbers and passwords.

Then monitor each state migration website for their nomination requirements. For example, NSW requires ROI for 491 but not for 190.
If a state nominates your occupation and you did not create EOI for them, you can create a new one asap or modify one of the EOIs you have to that state.
If you apply for ROI in SA for example and you meet the requirement, you will get a pre-invite to submit documents to the state within 14 days. After which the state will approve your nomination and you get ITA directly from your EOI.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by FreshBoss007: 11:14am On Aug 13, 2022
Good day house , any recent info on how to make payment for Australian visa application
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saynoomore: 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2022
tunlex01:

For example,
EOIb - NSW 491 only
EOIc - SA 190 (tick the 189 box)
EOId - SA 491

Thanks a lot for this explanations. It's makung a lot of sense to me now. I get the sense that EOI is more like a federal portal and ROI for the states?

I also hope one can not get banned for multiple accounts? Are we not allowed to create one profile, select multiple states, as well as tick 189, 190, & 491 on each state selected? Just like EE allows applicants to select all states (except Quebec) on a single profile. What's the implication(s) ?

One last question please, from your last paragraph: since the federal draws are only for 189 and NOT for 190/491, then why are we creating EOI (federal expression of interest) for 190 & 491?

Again, if you get nomination from a State, and you submit all documents in 14days, and receive final approval, is that a guarantee you'll get visa clearance from federal? Or has federal got nothing to do anymore once you've obtained state approval?

Sorry Im asking too many questions. This process seem a bit more complex than the Canada's EE. I wonder if that's why a lot of people are not swarming this thread like its IRCC's EE counterpart. undecided
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Gorgeousdiva201: 9:21pm On Aug 13, 2022
Please I found my job type on the site... what do I do next...

tunlex01:

Which uni did you graduate from?

On the top middle page click "Lists" (on a laptop/computer) or click the Hamburger sign (3 horizontal lines) to select "Lists" if you are using a mobile device
When you click the occupation, scroll down to 'Anzsco code' and scroll to 'Tasks'
Revert here with occupation(s) you deem relate to what you do and we will take it up from there
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Gorgeousdiva201: 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2022
Please I found my occupation there.What do I do next.

Gorgeousdiva201:

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by churchill3: 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
I am very pleased with many successful travel and visa process stories here. I will also contribute mine too as I embark on this journey. I have lived in Europe from 2005 till 2009( I was deported anyway). I have been in Nigeria since 2010.I lost my previous passport in 2011 through a visa agent (he died and no info to recover the passport). I WANT TO FOLLOW THE DIY route. I just got a new passport I want to Travel to Either Canada, Australia, UK or USA by December this year. I have a hotel (opened in January) which I plan to register at CAC and also open a corperate bank account with it. I have cash inflow of 300 to 400k monthly. I can raise a bank cash balance of 5 - 6million. What are my chances of getting a tourist visa to any of the countries above and the requirements. I am 42years, married with three children. I am an engr(B. Eng) with 2.1. I have personal properties on my name e.g lands, house(the hotel)
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ajayidebo: 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
Permit me to advice that tourist visa is not the way so that you don't get to repeat what happened in 2009.

Why not play the long game? You sound like someone that can afford it. If your spouse is able to study, you guys should try MSc UK, but it will cost an arm and a leg for a family of 5. The application is pretty straightforward, and you will have to declare all your travel history including the deportation in your application. My two takes

churchill3:
I am very pleased with many successful travel and visa process stories here. I will also contribute mine too as I embark on this journey. I have lived in Europe from 2005 till 2009( I was deported anyway). I have been in Nigeria since 2010.I lost my previous passport in 2011 through a visa agent (he died and no info to recover the passport). I WANT TO FOLLOW THE DIY route. I just got a new passport I want to Travel to Either Canada, Australia, UK or USA by December this year. I have a hotel (opened in January) which I plan to register at CAC and also open a corperate bank account with it. I have cash inflow of 300 to 400k monthly. I can raise a bank cash balance of 5 - 6million. What are my chances of getting a tourist visa to any of the countries above and the requirements. I am 42years, married with three children. I am an engr(B. Eng) with 2.1. I have personal properties on my name e.g lands, house(the hotel)
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olig(m): 11:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
Thank you guys for your time and efforts.
I am still learning; I started reading from page 0, but I am still far away.

Please, is professional certification like ACA/ICAN qualified PR route? Please help check the credentials below

Education and certification:
1) Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) | 2021
From Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria ICAN)
2) Associate of Accounting Technician (AAT) | 2016
From Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
3) Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Local Government Studies |2017
From Obafemi Awolowo University

Work experience:
1) Credit control officer | 02.2022 till date
2) Account officer | 09.2017 to 01.2022

English test: Not done yet

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:30am On Aug 15, 2022
FreshBoss007:
Good day house , any recent info on how to make payment for Australian visa application
I emailed you. There are people who do such transactions here in Australia and can help with payment.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:40am On Aug 15, 2022
Saynoomore:

Thanks a lot for this explanations. It's makung a lot of sense to me now. I get the sense that EOI is more like a federal portal and ROI for the states?

I also hope one can not get banned for multiple accounts? Are we not allowed to create one profile, select multiple states, as well as tick 189, 190, & 491 on each state selected? Just like EE allows applicants to select all states (except Quebec) on a single profile. What's the implication(s) ?

One last question please, from your last paragraph: since the federal draws are only for 189 and NOT for 190/491, then why are we creating EOI (federal expression of interest) for 190 & 491?

Again, if you get nomination from a State, and you submit all documents in 14days, and receive final approval, is that a guarantee you'll get visa clearance from federal? Or has federal got nothing to do anymore once you've obtained state approval?

Sorry Im asking too many questions. This process seem a bit more complex than the Canada's EE. I wonder if that's why a lot of people are not swarming this thread like its IRCC's EE counterpart. undecided
Yes, EOI is for federal and ROI is for the state.
It used to be only EOI until FY2019 when a few states changed their process.

No ban. You can, but it limits your chances.
For example, if two states open up for your occupation and you have just one EOI for both, you may not get any of the two cos that does not show commitment to the state. Also, if NSW opens up for 190 for your occupation and in VIC, it’s 491. You will not be able to get a 190 nomination again if ViC approves your ROI before NSW.

Because not all states use ROI and also to keep track of data. Cos when the state approves your nomination, they have to send the invite to you via EOI. ITA can only be received if you have EOI (whether state or federal nominations).

Once you receive approval from the state, it’s a guarantee you will get ITA (invitation to apply) which then takes you to apply for the visa on Immiaccount which is the website for all visa applications. It’s not a guarantee that your visa will be approved by the Department of Home Affairs. It’s up to you to provide all the required employment documents, police certificate and have clean or manageable health records for DHA to approve your visa application

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:40am On Aug 15, 2022
Gorgeousdiva201:

Visit the assessing authority and read through their assessment requirements
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:43am On Aug 15, 2022
churchill3:

This thread is mainly for skilled migration.
If you meet the requirements for a visitors visa and show evidence to return to your home country with enough funds to support you and your family while you are here, you shouldn’t have any issue with a visitor visa application.

If your plan is to japa with a visitor visa in Australia, I would only say, don’t waste your time and money cos that’s a tall order
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:46am On Aug 15, 2022
ajayidebo:
Permit me to advice that tourist visa is not the way so that you don't get to repeat what happened in 2009.

Why not play the long game? You sound like someone that can afford it. If your spouse is able to study, you guys should try MSc UK, but it will cost an arm and a leg for a family of 5. The application is pretty straightforward, and you will have to declare all your travel history including the deportation in your application. My two takes

Correct!
Especially with previous travel history and no travel for 12 years.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:48am On Aug 15, 2022
olig:
Thank you guys for your time and efforts.
I am still learning; I started reading from page 0, but I am still far away.

Please, is professional certification like ACA/ICAN qualified PR route? Please help check the credentials below

Education and certification:
1) Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) | 2021
From Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria ICAN)
2) Associate of Accounting Technician (AAT) | 2016
From Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
3) Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Local Government Studies |2017
From Obafemi Awolowo University

Work experience:
1) Credit control officer | 02.2022 till date
2) Account officer | 09.2017 to 01.2022

English test: Not done yet

Thanks

Not for Australia
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by FreshBoss007: 8:49am On Aug 15, 2022
tunlex01:

I emailed you. There are people who do such transactions here in Australia and can help with payment.

Tnks Boss ,I've responded to your mail
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olig(m): 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2022
tunlex01:

Not for Australia

Noted!
Thanks for your response
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by OlaLiberty(m): 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hi Tunlex01 and gurus,
Here are my details:
BSc. Geology 2014(Ife)
MSc. Geotechnical Engineering with project management 2021 (UK)
Work Expeeience
Geologist 2017-2020
Geotechnical Engineer 2021 - till date
Single

[qauote author=tunlex01 post=115584443]
For occupations like this, your assessment is based only on years you spent or have spent on that job code.
If you have been in Hr for 7 years and research for 3 years, only 3 years will be considered if you choose to assess as R&grin.

You should use this format.
You can provide your details for further review.
English test result (breakdown not overall)
Educational qualifications with dates awarded (ND, 2006, PhD,2021)
Awarding University(ies)
Course of study
Job title(s) and dates
Years of experience
If you are married, provide your spouse's details in the same order as above
[/quote]
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:29am On Aug 16, 2022
Queensland is now open for offshore applicants.
Minimum of proficient English
Minimum of 80 points for 190 and 65 for 491.
https://migration.qld.gov.au/visa-options/skilled-visas/skilled-workers-living-offshore

Occupation list
https://migration.qld.gov.au/occupation-lists

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:31am On Aug 16, 2022
OlaLiberty:
Hi Tunlex01 and gurus,
Here are my details:
BSc. Geology 2014(Ife)
MSc. Geotechnical Engineering with project management 2021 (UK)
Work Expeeience
Geologist 2017-2020
Geotechnical Engineer 2021 - till date
Single

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by soulamanne(m): 5:30am On Aug 17, 2022
tunlex01:
https://migration.qld.gov.au/visa-options/skilled-visas/skilled-workers-living-offshore

Occupation list

thanks @tunlex01....I saw this real time.I was practically awake till the offshore QSOL opened. met all the conditions but my occupation Telecom Engineering not on the list...sad .we move(banking and praying on NSW and SA now)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mcslize: 8:20am On Aug 17, 2022
tunlex01:

Occupation list

Congrats in advance to those whose occupations made it to the occupation list. The Eligibility criteria is quite friendly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.