Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,546 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Seven Blog Killers To Avoid - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Seven Blog Killers To Avoid (3398 Views)

12 Seo Mistakes To Avoid If You Want To Rank Higher / 9 Killers Way To Make Your Blog Popular / 10 Search Engine Mistakes To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by akeentech(m): 3:06am On Apr 30, 2018
Being a serial writer is a mysterious and demanding craft. To succeed, you should always ooze new ideas and creativity – all while adapting to new tricks to stay aware of the competition. The effort it takes some of the time is more frightening than exciting, unless you are willing to own your challenges and fears face them.

Read Also: Need traffic to your new website? These tips will help

Below are seven blog killers to avoid. Hope you’ve committed one.

#1. Wanting it all, way too soon.

It's is very easy to lust over the achievement of others, who have invested the effort and dedication to get to influencer status. Huge amounts of followers. A very good written site. Brand partnerships for quite a long time. The checklist of any potential blogger goals is a very major one. However, the results don't come overnight. Having patience and tolerance with your blog is a virtue that can have huge payoffs. Make a goals course of an official action plan or timeline to treat your blog with the attention, time and care it needs to flourish.

#2. Being excessive with thirst for word use.

A few writers are gluttonous with the word they use — whether taking the long street to get to the point or having a too-solid relationship with their thesaurus.

I have battled and struggled with writing in circles. Presently, it’s a fun game for me to perceive how succinctly and clearly I can make my point. Make self-editing your priority on your rundown of to-dos.

#3. Focusing too much on yourself, when there’s are many territories to cover.

One of the important keys to blogging success is interacting and connecting with readers. You want to demonstrate your bona fide self and share your own experiences — it's basic to building trust.

But, despite the fact that people will come to see and hear from you, don't make everything about you. Just like everyday life, an excess of pride can push people away.

Offer what you know, while you are diversifying your written work for your group of readers. Progress on new topics outside your experience bubble and set aside time to likewise share the expertise and stories of others. Focus too much on yourself and not cover more territory is among the deadly sins of blog writing.

#4. Too slow to publish.

Making loyal readership takes diligent work. One of the great ways to arrive there is consistency. In case you are a sloth at the editorial calendar, you can expect that readership will stay down.

Craft a reasonable and realistic publishing schedule to set out expectation with your audience – whether it's each couple days or once in every two weeks. Consider yourself like your reader's most loved magazine. What might happen on the off chance that they went to the newspaper stand just to continue finding a month ago's issue?

If your readers need to check up on you over and over again, they are probably going to jump to another source. Wouldn't you?

#5. Trying too hard just to be like someone else.

There are such a significant number of bloggers out there attempting to be the best at the same exact thing, and on all similar platforms. True originality is difficult to find.

If you look extremely like the next person — or, more worse, are stealing from their contents — you will feel the outcomes of your envy. Your own exceptional brand of blogging is the thing that will spark user interest in you. Risking your audience just because you are afraid to be yourself and attempt new things is among the deadly sins of blog writing.

#6. Caring more about personal gains than your audience.

Greed can outwit us — particularly when we are winning. When you begin to reap the rewards of your great work, it's very easy to forget or overlook what got you there.

Consider your audience when you are making the decision that spur your self-growth, such as monetizing your blog or embarking on new partnerships. Ask yourself: Does this choice align with your reader’s goals? What's more, is this what my readers would need from me?

Keep in mind, your relationship with your audience is the foundation of your success.

#7. Wanting to win so bad.

When you are ravenous for success, passion in some cases can transform into wrath of the angry blogger. Writers are just on a par with their clans, they are as good as them. Therefore, be careful about starting wars or making foes. All it takes is one individual with a tight and influential circle to pulverize your credibility. You mad about something? Channel that outrage into amazing ideas. The most ideal way to win is to do better.

Source: https://akeentech.com/2018/04/deadly-sins-of-blog-writing/
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:23am On Apr 30, 2018
Working on number #4 and #7...
Especially number #7..
Brah...I want to win so badly..
Want to make it to the top you know...
Anyways check out

http://dietfitelt.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by directonpc(m): 7:23am On Apr 30, 2018
Yet another thread that won't get much replies.
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Authoreety: 7:24am On Apr 30, 2018
Hbhh
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Leyemoshood: 7:25am On Apr 30, 2018
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Lalas247(f): 7:26am On Apr 30, 2018
Asking us to click links angry awon olori buruku virus senders grin

Click here for more ..... undecided

1 Like

Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Blackbelly(m): 7:32am On Apr 30, 2018
No.8 Fake news!
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by omozu1(m): 7:32am On Apr 30, 2018
Nice one
God bless you
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 30, 2018
[/b]That Number 4 especially[b] should be treated with immediate effect..

The MOD in charge of football section sometimes refuses to update the viewers most especially when he/she is not a fan to the winning team grin

1 Like

Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 30, 2018
Lalas247:
Asking us to click links angry awon olori buruku virus senders grin

Click here for more ..... undecided
I just tire for them o!!
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Lalas247(f): 7:39am On Apr 30, 2018
dumo1:

I just tire for them o!!

You know when u see juicy topic .. you rush inside to make comment .. and then u get there one weyrey telling you click here for photo cry cry
I click it one day o .. na so my phone freeze had to restart and reboot lol was like who sent me message o .. viruses

Infact it should be a rule break grin

1 Like

Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 30, 2018
Lalas247:

You know when u see juicy topic .. you rush inside to make comment .. and then u get there one weyrey telling you click here for photo cry cry
I click it one day o .. na so my phone freeze had to restart and reboot lol was like who sent me message o .. viruses

Chai!! Really sorry about the experience o! I know how it feels like that was the same problem that killed my samsung galaxy S5 till date and since then the phone has never recovered. I had to report that website to Google.

1 Like

Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Lalas247(f): 7:48am On Apr 30, 2018
dumo1:

Chai!! Really sorry about the experience o! I know how it feels like that was the same problem that killed my samsung galaxy S5 till date and since then the phone has never recovered. I had to report that website to Google.
lesson learnt wink
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Meekdon: 7:55am On Apr 30, 2018
nice one smiley
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Premiumwriter: 8:00am On Apr 30, 2018
Having a unique content also matters. I'm not only talking about one that passes Copyscape, that's very easy to do. You can simply rewrite a person's post and it'll be 100% unique.

But it's really frustrating when you search Google and after going through the pages from the top to the bottom and all you see is the same everyone is talking about but with minor changes, maybe with addition of words or substraction to make the content look original.

That's copying in a way and if readers can easily relate what they read in your blog to another then you can't parade yourself as a professional in their eyes. Which will lead to lost of respect for your blog.

Overall, I'd advise before writing any post for your blog, read about the topic extensively. Make point of of every important thing you've read during your research and then give it a little time, maybe 30 minutes or one hour, think of the best way you can structure your content and make it more meaningful to your reader.

Now draw and outline and start writing. By researching, you'll gain different insights from different websites and you can Compact them all the necessary points in a post for your readers.

Since your structure will be different, your blog will appear more professional to readers.

That's the little I have for now.

1 Like

Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by SirLakes: 8:22am On Apr 30, 2018
I'm watching this thread

1 Like

Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 30, 2018
niqqaclaimz:
Working on number #4 and #7...
Especially number #7..
Brah...I want to win so badly..
Want to make it to the top you know...
Anyways check out

http://dietfitelt.com.ng
checked out your blog. your articles are kinda squeezed tight like you're scared of giving them a breathing space. then your headlines are not in bold italics, which make em almost impossible to differentiate from the sub topics. then simple mistakes like using 'am' where you're supposed to have used 'I'm' and some other things. I'm working on my own blog though. thought I'd give you some corrections

1 Like

Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by DIYhackers: 9:03am On Apr 30, 2018
Free blog training, send me a pm
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Boldwinner(m): 9:03am On Apr 30, 2018
For me, the trick is this:

Blog for the love of it. The money will follow in due time. Make plans and in the beginning, you'll have to share your blog links frequently. As time goes on, it may not be necessary as you'll start getting organic traffic from search engines. Stop copying and be original. You'll make progress.

my blog http://boldwinner.com is almost 2 years old, but it's quickly picking up.
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 30, 2018
Lalas247:

No, it shouldn't. Seun and his Mods should rather scan links of posts that would make the front page. Sorry for your experience.

This is why bloggers must not accept all advertisers.

1 Like

Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Donniefred(m): 11:50am On Apr 30, 2018
UK Adsense with £23 for sale, come take it before I return it to Google grin call or whatsapp 0813 437 1687
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by niqqaclaimz(m): 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2018
PoshBoss007:

checked out your blog. your articles are kinda squeezed tight like you're scared of giving them a breathing space. then your headlines are not in bold italics, which make em almost impossible to differentiate from the sub topics. then simple mistakes like using 'am' where you're supposed to have used 'I'm' and some other things. I'm working on my own blog though. thought I'd give you some corrections

Will work on that..
Tot I was really spacing it out..
Even my recent article's? ?
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2018
niqqaclaimz:

Will work on that..
Tot I was really spacing it out..
Even my recent article's? ?
yes. if I'm to suggest, like how I intend to do mine, write the topic in bold italics, then give like two lines spacing before you start writing the sub topics

1 Like

Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by niqqaclaimz(m): 6:51am On May 01, 2018
PoshBoss007:

yes. if I'm to suggest, like how I intend to do mine, write the topic in bold italics, then give like two lines spacing before you start writing the sub topics

Ok kul..
Ama try dat out
What's yur blog url..lemme check urs out
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by akeentech(m): 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2018
niqqaclaimz:

Ok kul..
Ama try dat out
What's yur blog url..lemme check urs out
Re: Seven Blog Killers To Avoid by RemedyLab: 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
...still learning day by day

(1) (Reply)

I'm Building (another) Blog. Want To Follow Along? / Www.facebookmail.com.ng For Sale / I Want To Feature Experienced Bloggers On My Blog. Drop Your URL!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.