Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,828 members, 7,813,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Let Me Hear You Nigerians! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Let Me Hear You Nigerians! (533 Views)

Why Are You Nigerians Such An Embarrassment To Black People / Statements We Hated To Hear In Secondary School (meme List) / 12 Ways Will People React When They Hear You Have Hammered - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Me Hear You Nigerians! by avled(m): 4:50am On Apr 30, 2018
Can any Nigerian tell me at least ONE THING that you LOVE about your country? This is the time to boast. Let me hear you!
Re: Let Me Hear You Nigerians! by tukdi: 5:50am On Apr 30, 2018
sincerely speaking, there absolutely nothing to love about Nigeria when it's compared with where you are staying (United States of America) or any other developed country. I will advice you to stay put wherever you are or at most, you just come for a very short visit and go back! cool

If you were staying in a third world country like Cameroon, my answer to your question above would've been different anyway!

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Let Me Hear You Nigerians! by yanabasee(m): 7:08am On Apr 30, 2018
I love our native foods.... Ewedu and Amala excluded.....

I love the fact that we are ethnically divided.... With multiple languages that seemingly is a blessing to us....

I also love the skin inferiority mentality.......

I love our backwardness in politics!!!

1 Like

Re: Let Me Hear You Nigerians! by avled(m): 2:17pm On Apr 30, 2018
yanabasee:
I love our native foods.... Ewedu and Amala excluded.....

I love the fact that we are ethnically divided.... With multiple languages that seemingly is a blessing to us....

I also love the skin inferiority mentality.......

I love our backwardness in politics!!!

Well thank you for your response. All your answers seems like life in the United States.
Re: Let Me Hear You Nigerians! by avled(m): 2:18pm On Apr 30, 2018
tukdi:
sincerely speaking, there absolutely nothing to love about Nigeria when it's compared with where you are staying (United States of America) or any other developed country. I will advice you to stay put wherever you are or at most, you just come for a very short visit and go back! cool

If you were staying in a third world country like Cameroon, my answer to your question above would've been different anyway!

Cheers!!!

Well the question did not ask you to compare it to any other country. It was simply asking what do you love about your country?

1 Like

Re: Let Me Hear You Nigerians! by avled(m): 10:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
I have had 35 views on this post and only two replies. Come on brothers and sisters. Let me hear you boast of your home.
Re: Let Me Hear You Nigerians! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:27am On Jan 05, 2019
The food.
The good people.
Good music.
Fast life...etc.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Let Me Hear You Nigerians! by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 05, 2019
I LOVE THE FACT WE LOVE God (question's who's the god you love? Many have myriads of inferior things they make god?)

Nigerians are very religious and hardworking,

And pretty much stoic; that suffering and smiling thing

You can easily be corrupted &/ ruined in Nigeria; too many evil influences. But I love that survival spirit; you can feel it greatest in Lagos.

Most Nigerians know how best to 'squander' life.

The weather is 'great' too. That's if you're used to BBQ spots.

The economy booms (like a bomb mostly)

avled , If you're looking to come dump some more 'evil' in Nigeria, I'm afraid the atmosphere is saturated but you never can tell with DISPLACEMENT reactions. If you're coming with 'good', a certain assistant by name 'PERSECUTION' will be assigned to 'help' you.

You'll most likely succeed in Nigeria if you're coming on a RESCUE MISSION or with a [positive] transformation agenda but you must fuel up your hijack planes.

Picture Lagos as a jam-packed train skidding off its track, the southeast as an open market with few buyers, the north as a landmine, the middle belt as concentration camp, the west– I have no idea yet–, and Abuja as a 'hell hole' (black hole).

I smell Nigerianness in you, but if you still have time RETHINK.

As for your question on bride price; the best thing is to ask her father or her relatives. It's never fixed, and the lady rarely knows. But nowadays the consent of marriage usually comes from her, and if so, you may end up having her for FREE. Nevertheless, if you don't perform the traditional wedding rites to the letter, your marriage to her won't be recognized by her people.

Ezekiel 18:20
King James Bible
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall
not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall
the father bear the iniquity of the son: the
RIGHTEOUSNESS of the righteous shall be upon
him, and the wickedness of the wicked SHALL BE
UPON HIM.
Re: Let Me Hear You Nigerians! by avled(m): 4:39am On Jan 07, 2019
YOU HAVE VERY GOOD HEART TOWARDS YOUR COUNTRY!
Rebekkah:
I LOVE THE FACT WE LOVE God (question's who's the god you love? Many have myriads of inferior things they make god?)

Nigerians are very religious and hardworking,

And pretty much stoic; that suffering and smiling thing

You can easily be corrupted &/ ruined in Nigeria; too many evil influences. But I love that survival spirit; you can feel it greatest in Lagos.

Most Nigerians know how best to 'squander' life.

The weather is 'great' too. That's if you're used to BBQ spots.

The economy booms (like a bomb mostly)

avled , If you're looking to come dump some more 'evil' in Nigeria, I'm afraid the atmosphere is saturated but you never can tell with DISPLACEMENT reactions. If you're coming with 'good', a certain assistant by name 'PERSECUTION' will be assigned to 'help' you.

You'll most likely succeed in Nigeria if you're coming on a RESCUE MISSION or with a [positive] transformation agenda but you must fuel up your hijack planes.

Picture Lagos as a jam-packed train skidding off its track, the southeast as an open market with few buyers, the north as a landmine, the middle belt as concentration camp, the west– I have no idea yet–, and Abuja as a 'hell hole' (black hole).

I smell Nigerianness in you, but if you still have time RETHINK.

As for your question on bride price; the best thing is to ask her father or her relatives. It's never fixed, and the lady rarely knows. But nowadays the consent of marriage usually comes from her, and if so, you may end up having her for FREE. Nevertheless, if you don't perform the traditional wedding rites to the letter, your marriage to her won't be recognized by her people.

Ezekiel 18:20
King James Bible
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall
not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall
the father bear the iniquity of the son: the
RIGHTEOUSNESS of the righteous shall be upon
him, and the wickedness of the wicked SHALL BE
UPON HIM.

(1) (Reply)

June 12 Special: A Brief History Of Late Chief M.K.O Abiola / Playboi Carti – Check / Certificate Of Local Government Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.