Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC (29178 Views)

Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts / NAFDAC Seals Off Emzor Pharmaceuticals, Others Over Codeine Abuse / BBC: 'Sweet Sweet Codeine' - Nigeria’s Deadly Cough Syrup Epidemic Documentary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Josh44s(m): 12:58pm On Apr 30, 2018
trapQ:
So because Fulani are killing, the health sector should be neglected?

They should send undercover news agents to Rural communities in Benue, Nasarawa then we will know they mean business. Not this high service news about Codeine abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2018
The crime here is
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Tjohnnay: 1:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
Codeine Crazy
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by KevinDein: 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
Josh44s:
Instead of BBC Africa to report about Fulani daily massacre of innocent Men, women and children, they are reporting about Codeine. It’s well.
Actually, they've been reporting it.
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
kpaofame:
I have not watched the video can someone who have watched the video answer these questions for me

1. What is the work(function) of a sales Rep
2. Is the BBC Reporter here underage
3. Is it a crime for a sales rep to sell product to a customer
4. Is codeine an illegal drug that cannot be sold freely

You have not watched the video and you're already asking..
Is it a crime to watch?

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by trapQ: 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
Shut up and get your spelling right.
Josh44s:

They should send undercover news agents to Rural communities in Benue, Nasarawa then we will know they mean business. Not this high service news about Codeine abeg.
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Alejoc(m): 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
Short cut, cut short!
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
kpaofame:
I have not watched the video can someone who have watched the video answer these questions for me

Same.thoughts here running through my.mind I don't get the purpose of this

This.chap.is trying to.meet his sales quota

The abuse of the drug should.be the issue not the sales rep doing his job

Though they did say they disguised as drug dealers

So again

Smh

1 Like

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by einsteine(m): 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure fvckery,

The Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria is yet to outlaw the sale of Codeine.

Codeine is on WHO's list of essential medicines. It cannot be outlawed.

5 Likes

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
AMvanquish:
And it's a certain tribe that runs the drug business in this country. If all the registered chemists and pharmacists would be ethically responsible, it would not deginerate to this extent.
If you complain, their tribe members would come and defend them. Cutting off supply is the most effective way to deal with drugs menace. but some people rather make money off other peoples addiction. We're just adding to societies problem. Shame

I hope you don't.claim to be Yoruba o angry

Because you have come.jere now with you subtle tribal.jargon

Don't you dare bring insult to my tribe angry

If you are attempting to throw jijes at any tribe first state your tribe so they can attack you back
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by KevinDein: 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
Why are some people on here trying to downplay the dangers of drug abuse? Is it because the people involved in the business are from their region?

Most seem ignorant of the fact that the perpetrators of crimes are usually under influence of hard drugs.
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by kpaofame: 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
Chascop:

You have not watched the video and you're already asking..
Is it a crime to watch?

It is not a crime...and i think it is not also a crime for you to reply my mention with the answers..
It is however a crime to mention me without the answer, when that is what i requested for...you can also read and ignore...

i nor get data to waste abegi....lemme manage my small 128mb till i get my wages is that too much to ask

1 Like

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by kingthreat(m): 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
kpaofame:

I will answer these questions when someone close to you becomes an addict
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Mynd44: 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
kpaofame:

1. His job is to market and sell products
2. The reporter is not underage
3. Yes it illegal to sell such controlled substances to people without licenses to distribute or administer them
4. Codeine is NOT an over the counter drug so it cannot be sold to just anyone. Before such drugs can be sold to you, there should be a prescription from a doctor.

In addition, such a large amount of drugs to someone who is not in the health sector only means you are selling with intent to distribute. You can sell one because from your judgement, the person really has a cough and needs it but 60? You are distributing drugs illegally and it is a crime

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by elijah24(m): 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2018
We need Codeine joor to relax after the daily stress from buhari's APC

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by thatigboman: 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2018
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 30, 2018
Dis britico journalists and dia penchant for opening person yansh.. D day dia cup go full ehn?? Still do disgrace dia own national team coach

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by MyExpression(m): 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2018
Just one question....is it illegal to sell cough syrup containing codeine?
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by justtoodark: 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2018
you get high from cough sirup....?
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Qiiiii: 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2018
Lakeside79:

It seems you think being a Yoruba is synonymous with be a tribalist?

Now I see?

I think this insult was unwarranted

I don't even get your point so I won't respond to that

By the way, why didn't you tag Buhari and Osinbajo?

1 Like

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Fortissimo502: 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
Omo dat guy don cast.
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by AMvanquish: 1:43pm On Apr 30, 2018
Lakeside79:

I hope you don't.claim to be Yoruba o angry

Because you have come.jere now with you subtle tribal.jargon

Don't you dare bring insult to my tribe angry

If you are attempting to throw jijes at any tribe first state your tribe so they can attack you back

grin Is it guilty conscience??
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 30, 2018
Qiiiii:

I don't even get your point so I won't respond to that

By the way, why didn't you tag Buhari and Osinbajo?

He's been banned so that's good enough

We must be civil in all our doings

Being yoruba doesn't.mean I hate ither tribes

Being yoruba is so much more than being a pretty tribalist, it doesn't take anyone.special to exhibit such a lowly trait like tribalism infact uneducated tribes found in the Java forests are tribalists

But being an omoluabi is a whole.lot more

So I don't expect you to understand
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 30, 2018
AMvanquish:

grin Is it guilty conscience??

I love everyone

I hate sin not the sinner

I spread love not hate

I am someone felt
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by JuanDeDios: 1:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
kpaofame:

I have not seen the video, but if there is a loophole that allows a product that is commonly abused, as has been reported in the press for a long time, to be sold on the streets or otherwise without prescription, that is a failure of regulation.
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by kpaofame: 1:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
Mynd44:

1. His job is to market and sell products
2. The reporter is not underage
3. Yes it illegal to sell such controlled substances to people without licenses to distribute or administer them
4. Codeine is NOT an over the counter drug so it cannot be sold to just anyone. Before such drugs can be sold to you, there should be a prescription from a doctor.

In addition, such a large amount of drugs to someone who is not in the health sector only means you are selling with intent to distribute. You can sell one because from your judgement, the person really has a cough and needs it but 60? You are distributing drugs illegally and it is a crime

Thanks alot for the reply makes a lot of sense now....alot of medicine stores, pharmacy still sell Codeine without prescription tho, i think codeine was an OTC drug before people started abusing it...
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by JuanDeDios: 1:47pm On Apr 30, 2018
Josh44s:

Eye service? So the BBC owes you anything?
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
BBC and CNN are doing a great job exposing terrible things some people are doing here in Nigeria. Our own media are busy playing politics

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Baby Whose Penis Was Chopped Off During Circumcision, Flown To India / Abawulor Moses Omenka: Fake Doctor Apprehended In Ogun State / COVID-19 Patient Delivered Of A Baby At LUTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.