Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC (29180 Views)

Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts / NAFDAC Seals Off Emzor Pharmaceuticals, Others Over Codeine Abuse / BBC: 'Sweet Sweet Codeine' - Nigeria’s Deadly Cough Syrup Epidemic Documentary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by bigerboy200: 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
fuckerstard:
Damn, the guy sef too dey comfy. I can't be selling drugs and be doing sme sme like that.
Cough syrup is just like any other "over d counter" drug. It's not illegal to sell it..just that people abuse it..
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Sagay212: 2:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
nobody is forcing anybody to use codeine as highness. codeine is a cough syrup which should only be used for cough. If anybody is daft enough to tie bombs around their waist to kill innocent people because they want to phuck 72 imaginary virgins when they get to heaven, how won't they be daft and senseless not to know that codeine is not for highness. If you take codeine for highness and you run mad or die, that is your phucking problem. People who sell or produce codeine won't stop doing so because of some cursed unfortunate youths who have refused to use their brain.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by AMvanquish: 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2018
Lakeside79:

I love everyone

I hate sin not the sinner

I spread love not hate

I am someone felt

I like ur analogy.It's just unfortunate how things play out in this country. #Peace
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by lanre211(m): 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2018
dhardline:
That's terrible. He should be charged accordingly. cry

charged for what?

for performing is duties as a sales rep?
for selling the product been produced by his company?

1 Like

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by einsteine(m): 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2018
AMvanquish:
And it's a certain tribe that runs the drug business in this country. If all the registered chemists and pharmacists would be ethically responsible, it would not deginerate to this extent.
If you complain, their tribe members would come and defend them. Cutting off supply is the most effective way to deal with drugs menace. but some people rather make money off other peoples addiction. We're just adding to societies problem. Shame

In your haste to be tribalistic and discriminatory, you didn't check your post to be sure you are making sense. Your logic that "cutting off supply "is the most effective way to deal with drug menace is quite frankly silly as it does not hold in reality.

If you cut off supply of codeine, people would sniff adhesives and glue. Cut off supply of marijuana, people would take cigarettes and sniff toilets and lavatories. Someone who wants to get high would get high whether you sell it to him or not.

So, as any logical person would see, demand mitigation is the surest way to combat drug abuse. Make laws against the taking of drugs, mass educate people about the dangers of drug abuse, remove media that would promote the taking of drugs etc.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2018
AMvanquish:

I like ur analogy.It's just unfortunate how things play out in this country. #Peace

#peace bro
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by einsteine(m): 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2018
On the video, it just goes to show that Internal Audit is perhaps the most important department in a Nigerian company. That company products are illegally sold points to poor internal control measures at Emzor.

The North should allow the free flow of alcohol. The reason for the endemic drug abuse is simply because of the strict measures put on alcohol distribution. From time to time, the average human being likes to get tipsy and if you don't allow them that freedom, they would find alternatives: codeine, tramadol, shisha, crack, cocaine.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by akigbemaru: 2:44pm On Apr 30, 2018
benadex50:
BBC’s investigation into codeine abuse in Nigeria, exposes Emzor Pharmaceuticals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3JpS3ul6tA

Moderator edit: From this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4479594/emzor-sales-rep-caught-illegal
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by phase1: 2:45pm On Apr 30, 2018
Codein is not banned in nigeria is only on the list of controlled drugs.
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by MzDeeb(f): 3:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
kpaofame:
I have not watched the video can someone who have watched the video answer these questions for me

1. What is the work(function) of a sales Rep
2. Is the BBC Reporter here underage
3. Is it a crime for a sales rep to sell product to a customer
4. Is codeine an illegal drug that cannot be sold freely

Codeine is a control substance/drug..hence it is illegal to sold freely.
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
Oven baked cracked me up cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy,shey codein is now Agege bread

Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by iamstrong(m): 8:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
Yawa Don gas......see gobe for the guy grin
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by mabea: 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2018
KevinDein:
Why are some people on here trying to downplay the dangers of drug abuse? Is it because the people involved in the business are from their region?

Most seem ignorant of the fact that the perpetrators of crimes are usually under influence of hard drugs.

I dont get your point. Are you implying that people should stop selling an essential drug simply because some people are abusing it?
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by jackomagnus(m): 5:09am On May 01, 2018
It's illegal, bro.
You shouldn't sell codeine or drugs containing codeine without a doctor's prescription.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure fvckery,

The Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria is yet to outlaw the sale of Codeine.

So how is this a crime?
The dude is doing his job as a marketer.
Re: Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC by OlivePrime: 10:59am On May 17, 2018
we are the premier outpatient mental healthcare providers in the whole of Nigeria; and we do it well.
Providing bespoke services to our esteemed clients.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Baby Whose Penis Was Chopped Off During Circumcision, Flown To India / Abawulor Moses Omenka: Fake Doctor Apprehended In Ogun State / COVID-19 Patient Delivered Of A Baby At LUTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.