Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage (19989 Views)

Monica Osagie, Lady In The OAU Sex For Mark Scandal (Pictured) / OAU VC, Ogunbodede, Speaks On Sex For Mark Scandal By Richard Akindele / Professor Richard Akindele's Wife & Church Members React To Sex For Mark Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by PhilipIdaghosa: 4:49pm On Apr 30, 2018
...Tasks Varsity Authority On Justice

The Governor of Edo State, Mr Godwin Obaseki, has saluted Miss Monica Osagie, for her courage in the ongoing investigation of the alleged sexual harassment by one Professor Richard Akindele, in a sex-for-marks scandal.

Obaseki said, “Miss Osagie’s uncommon bravery at a time many female students have come to accept sexual harassment as a norm in our educational institutions, is worth commending.”

The governor urged the university authority to ensure painstaking and thorough investigation of Osagie’s allegation and serve justice without fear or favour.

“Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) ranks high in moral standard and educational excellence in the country and I urge the university authority to rise to the occasion and defend its hard-earned reputation. Justice should not only be done, but must be seen to have been done,” he said.

“The world is watching the university closely, to see the way the case will be handled and my administration is equally interested in the matter, as Osagie hails from Ohordua, Esan South East Local Government of Edo State. Our institutions of higher learning must appreciate that it is a privilege to be saddled with the task of moulding the minds of young ones, to whom the future belongs,” the governor added.

He urged students at all levels of learning “to give knowledge acquisition their best shot, commit quality time to research and put forward, ideas and models that can solve the nation’s developmental problems.”

Osagie, a student in the Masters of Business programme, told an investigative panel set up by the university that the disgraced Professor Richard Akindele deliberately failed her because she refused his sexual demand. She said she did not score 33 per cent as the lecturer claimed, but was failed so that she could bow to his sexual demand.

Her testimony followed the release of a recorded telephone conversation, which went viral, in which the lecturer identified as Akindele, demanded five rounds of sex to enhance her marks.

Prof. Akindele has since been suspended by the university authority after the report of the university’s investigative committee indicted him.

The committee said that Akindele’s suspension followed its observation “that a prima facie case of inappropriate relationship with the female student was established.”

Obaseki called on students to emulate Monica Osagie by becoming voices against all forms of harassments and oppression in the nation’s ivory towers.

Culled from http://thebellng.com/oau-sex-for-mark-scandal-obaseki-salutes-monica-osagies-courage/

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by AstroG: 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by 36govs: 5:05pm On Apr 30, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by soberdrunk(m): 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
Kai!!! Na so Prof' career use end ooo.......... angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by Biglittlelois(f): 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
Seriously this sex for mark issue especially in public universities should be discouraged vehemently, erring lectures from now on should be sacked, no student would ask for free mark from a lecturer if she has not heard from other students that it's possible hence the sex for mark.

I applaud her courage

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by martineverest(m): 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
nice one from my governor...this is the best support one can get.

this will make the girl more bold......and put OAU on hotspot

ladies need to start reporting this case to higher authority to prevent future occurrence and pressure the house of assembly raise a bill on this menace

15 Likes

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by brenister10: 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
Monica Lewinsky............. But this nonsense is rampant in Polytechnics since na there majority of empty-handed come-and-do slay girls dey.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by alsudaes1(m): 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
State Support for Monica smiley

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by oyoyoyo: 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
Voice out

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by FrenchWay: 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
Oga governor shut up!

You sef dey fucck innocent corpers for govt house before u giv dem job. Gerout!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by coolfredo(m): 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
We don hear sir
Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by saintol(m): 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
This issue of harassment is vice versa. I could remember having a lecture then, so there was this lady sitting at the front roll with her boobs so revealing like they wanna jump out. She was embarrassed by the lecturer on the day. The lecturer said,' stand up, what is this that you are wearing. You think your boobs are fine abi. I can call you my wife, she has better boobs that yours. I mean boobs that are standing firm not these your low self-esteem boobs. Next time don't wear this my class. Awon omo radarada'. Na so we just dey laugh for back of the class wey we sidon.

7 Likes

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by AreaFada2: 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
Very good.

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
The best news I have heard in a long time

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by kurt09(m): 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
brenister10:
Monica Lewinsky.
Bill Clinton.
Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by lawrenzi(m): 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
This is Encouraging

2 Likes

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by Mafimboss: 5:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
Uncontrolled konji ending men's career since the days of Adam and Eve

grin
Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by KrystosCJ(m): 5:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
Good support. Not often you see leaders in government doing humanitarian things.. unless it's electioneering season.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by lodatina: 5:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
hmmm
Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by Deo1986(m): 5:15pm On Apr 30, 2018
Five rounds of sex? shocked . Let's hear from Prof.
Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 30, 2018
In addition, it's only Igbos that have the Boldness & Courage to stand against evil, just as my igbo sister above did. And now, we are out to let the World know the evil in Nigeria. Meanwhile, zombies keep languishing in their spirit. Imagine, sex for mark Prof. make i laugh small.
Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by Reelmii: 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2018
she does not only need their support she also need their security because she has acuired more enemies than she had, she should be careful
Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by Born2Breed(f): 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
saintol:
This issue of harassment is vice versa. I could remember having a lecture then, so there was this lady sitting at the front roll with her boobs so revealing like they wanna jump out. She was embarrassed by the lecturer on the day. The lecturer said,' stand up, what is this that you are wearing. You think your boobs are fine abi. I can call you my wife, she has better boobs that yours. I mean boobs that are standing firm not these your low self-esteem boobs. Next time don't wear this my class. Awon omo radarada'. Na so we just dey laugh for back of the class wey we sidon.

Lol @ bolded.
Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
She deserves accolades for exposing the lecherous old bloke.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by ScaffoldCON: 5:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
FrenchWay:
Oga governor shut up!

You sef dey fucck innocent corpers for govt house before u giv dem job. Gerout!

I doubt this comment is the FrenchWay...

2 Likes

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by Yewandequeen(f): 5:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
One accolade for her.

But then she don spoil market for girls that only depend on sex for Marks.cheesy

3 Likes

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by kan12(m): 6:03pm On Apr 30, 2018
That Prof.is the next vice chancellor of the university.
Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by hisgrace090: 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2018
This is the way to go for now.

Enough of this nonsence.

Commanding peoples children to go and pay for hotel room for you to use them must stop.
Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by oriewanbe: 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
Na so this girl finish the career of the prof and the prof never even chop the thing o. The prof lost both ways.
Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by BabaO2: 7:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
Drnice2:
In addition, it's only Igbos that have the Boldness & Courage to stand against evil, just as my igbo sister above did. And now, we are out to let the World know the evil in Nigeria. Meanwhile, zombies keep languishing in their spirit. Imagine, sex for mark Prof. make i laugh small.
who be igbo?

4 Likes

Re: OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage by Enskynelson(m): 7:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
I love NOUN because cases like this are rare.

(1) (2) (Reply)

RSUST Cut Off Point For 2016/2017 Academic Section / WASSCE: Osun Begs Former N-power Teachers To Resume / Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.