Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell (1001 Views)

Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? / Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by chinedumo(m): 3:48pm On May 19, 2010
you can do without fornication and adultery. Say yes we can!!. even if it will take harsh measures to achieve we will do. Isn't that so, fellow Christians!!!!

1 Like

Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by SisiKill1: 4:20pm On May 19, 2010
What the fly freak is intimacylessness
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by chinedumo(m): 4:28pm On May 19, 2010
No fu*king, no bleeping, no copulation, no s*x,  u get the drift
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by SisiKill1: 4:29pm On May 19, 2010
What's bleeping and how's that different from the second bleeping?
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by alexleo(m): 10:11am On May 20, 2010
Its not by power, Its not by might but by my spirit says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6). The only thing that can remove sin from someones life is SALVATION. When a sinner comes to God with a repentant heart and confesses his sins and askes God to wash him with the blood of Jesus. If God looks into his heart and sees that he is praying with a sincere heart of repentance, he will save the persons soul from sin and from then the person will see himself hate sin. Not by his own power but by the power of God that has taken over the person's life. Any other way that anybody is prescribing to you as a solution is man made and its fake. Jesus is the only way, the truth and the life. Whosever he has set free shall be free indeed. The issue of cutting off part of your body that wants to make you go to hell was used by Jesus to potray the seriousness of this message of eternity and the earlier one surrenders his or her life to Jesus the better. Tomorrow may be too late. Let me also stress that anybody that calls himself a born again and still fornicates is no more a born again rather he should go back to God in prayer and do the first work that he might be saved again. He that committeth sin is of the devil ( 1 John 3:cool
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by chinedumo(m): 1:55pm On May 20, 2010
Mark9:47And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48where
" 'their worm does not die,
and the fire is not quenched.'[a] 49Everyone will be salted with fire.

of course it shows the seriousness. Christ never said that by so doing u will have eternal life. cos works cannot save any one but faith in Jesus and love 4 God and man. Christ was not talking to the unrepeated but the repented who still indulge in sinful practices. cos if Christ was talking to the unrepeated that that will mean that he is promoting an alternative route 4 salvation but this is not the case. As u may have noticed this post is not addressed to unbelievers but christian as i earlier stated. one should make effort to shown sin but if all efforts fail one should not hesitate to include extreme measures cos ur soul is more important than earthly goods and services. it is by far in comparison better to loss of a s*x organ (if need be) or whatever the case may be than to loss ur salvation. so no one now has excuse not to be holy. don't say girl's dressings are now too s*xy, transparent, bodyhugging, short, see-through, leaving nothing to the imagination. without a penis it might help to resist. u wont think about it any more knowing that there is no hope 4 u.
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by DeepSight(m): 2:25pm On May 20, 2010
What crass stupidity.

A human being will be subjected to eternal torment for yielding to the perfectly natural urges of his natural body ? ? ? ? ?
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by chinedumo(m): 3:15pm On May 20, 2010
Exactly u can make hell by yielding to the sin of fornication and adultery but that need not happen if u do what u ought to do. This tread is not about arguing the existence of hell but an alternative in sin prevention in case other measures fail. if u don't believe in hell this should not bother you.
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by DeepSight(m): 3:21pm On May 20, 2010
^^^ Let us take for granted the concept of sin.

How can you conceive a NATURAL URGE evidently prompted by NATURAL HORMONES and bearing NATURAL FUNCTIONS as being a "sin."

What is your concept of "sin?"
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by JeSoul(f): 3:24pm On May 20, 2010
chinedumo:

Exactly u can make hell by yielding to the sin of fornication and adultery but that need not happen if u do what u ought to do. This tread is not about arguing the existence of hell but an alternative in sin prevention in case other measures fail. if u don't believe in hell this should not bother you.
ROTFLOL . . .  grin Chinedumo your tone is hilarious. "Alternative" lol

If there's a topic about se.x/abstinence, Deepsight must represent his strong objection grin
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by chinedumo(m): 3:44pm On May 20, 2010
@deep sight if u have noticed this is a christian topic for Christians and those aspiring to be Christians. and so the holy book of Christians describes a sinner as a natural man. something natural to you does not mean right in the sight of God.almost anything can be naturalized and normalized to a someone. a lot of evil and wickedness has been normalized and naturalized to many people like piracy. but i must remind u again, this topic is not on the definition of sin. if u want to learn about sin , go to relevant threads. if i had one on sin i would have referred u to it. thanks
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by JeSoul(f): 4:18pm On May 20, 2010
So Chinedumo you self . . .

are you in essence saying men should cut off their thing as an alternative means of curbing their sexual urges?
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by chinedumo(m): 4:52pm On May 20, 2010
that is if all other options fail cos it is better than eternity in hell. Girls are not excluded from this. if any part of ur woman body causes u to sin as a christian and u have fail in other disciplinary measures plz dont hesitate to cut it off if it could help to save u from hell. hell is very hot oh. Heb 12:1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

4In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons:
"My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."[a]

7Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. 9Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! 10Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. 11No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

12Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13"Make level paths for your feet,"[b] so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by JeSoul(f): 5:42pm On May 20, 2010
My brother,

Mark9:47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell

this verse and the others, were not meant to be taken or applied literally, but moreso figuratively. Cut off [/i]or [i]pluck out anything in your life that hinders you from living a life that is pleasing to God, not literally cut off your body parts.
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by chinedumo(m): 5:25pm On May 22, 2010
so according to you. if one has tried other methods and failed but if he,by applying that verse literally and figuratively could help himself from sinning and hell, he should not do so because u don't like it? let me ask u what is the difference between what u call figurative interpretation and literal interpretation? and prove why literal interpretation is not applicable here. also prove and demonstrate how the literal interpretation is unbiblical?
remember that heaven is far greater than sex a million times cos in his presence their is FULLNESS of JOY and in his right hands are pleasures for evermore. u must not have sex , u can do without sex. when u get to heaven the glory and joy in heaven surpasses and overshadows the joy of sex. ur dick and pussy are not gods, they can be done without. u shouldn't die for them but they should die 4 u. someone who has not had sex has not lost anything if he makes heaven but someone who had sex and made hell has lost all. u dont need heaven or hell to teach u this even HIV/AIDS can teach this. Not all will be opportuned to be married by the time Christ will come. some would have married, other will be marrying while other will be unmarried. i will rater make heaven than have sex. if sex will prevent me from heaven, let it be gone with.

Matthew 19:12 "For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."
Rev 14:3And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 14 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by wirinet(m): 7:10pm On May 22, 2010
chinedumo:

so according to you. if one has tried other methods and failed but if he,by applying that verse literally and figuratively could help himself from sinning and hell, he should not do so because u don't like it? let me ask u what is the difference between what u call figurative interpretation and literal interpretation? and prove why literal interpretation is not applicable here. also prove and demonstrate how the literal interpretation is unbiblical?
remember that heaven is far greater than intimacy a million times cos in his presence their is FULLNESS of JOY and in his right hands are pleasures for evermore. u must not have intimacy , u can do without intimacy. when u get to heaven the glory and joy in heaven surpasses and overshadows the joy of intimacy. your manliness and kitty are not gods, they can be done without. u shouldn't die for them but they should die 4 u. someone who has not had intimacy has not lost anything if he makes heaven but someone who had intimacy and made hell has lost all. u dont need heaven or hell to teach u this even HIV/AIDS can teach this. Not all will be opportuned to be married by the time Christ will come. some would have married, other will be marrying while other will be unmarried. i will rater make heaven than have intimacy. if intimacy will prevent me from heaven, let it be gone with.

Matthew 19:12 "For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."
Rev 14:3And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 14 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.

I am a bit curious, but what do you base all these fullness of Joy and heavenly pleasures on, since you are not to engage in any earthly pleasurable experience?. Are you people going to be permanently put on euphoric drugs, that would give you a sense of euphoria without any concrete reason?

Since there is no se.x, not food, no wine or drings, no champions league, no TV, no nairaland, no games, no work and no holidays, what would be the source of the joy. Is it just dancing, praising, shouting halleluyah (praise Jah) that would make everybody happy?

I honestly thing you need to get some. It might make you see things from a different perspective.
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by chinedumo(m): 2:22pm On May 24, 2010
your perspective will affect ur views. for non-christians, they will have a problem with this cos of their own doctrines and belief. but 4 a christian u know that u are in the presence of the creator of s*x, lovemaking, wine and all earthly pleasures(in their pure state) so it is not difficult to understand but 4 the non-christian what he sees on earth to him is all that is and can ever be. he thinks the earth is the origin of these things. so it is understandable when he cleaves to these things and refuses to let go of them even to the point of abuse. that to him is gain and abstinence, moderation and right use is loss. like i said earlier as a non-christian dont practice this but practice this only if u are a christian.
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by ilosiwaju: 3:38pm On May 24, 2010
wirinet:

Since there is no se.x, not food, no wine or drings, no champions league, no TV, no nairaland, no games, no work and no holidays, what would be the source of the joy. Is it just dancing, praising, shouting halleluyah (praise Jah) that would make everybody happy?

I honestly thing you need to get some. It might make you see things from a different perspective.
O'boy! Are you sure i want to go to this heaven sha? No gulder, no chix, no nairaland, no champions league, ha , no beer and champions league? Wirinet, if you make heaven, take along your digital camera cos it will be nice to see vegetarian lions and tigers running a daycare of lambs. grin
Se.xlessness ko, intimacylessness ni. Another example of how religion poisons stuffs.
grin grin grin
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by GodsSon5(m): 2:10pm On May 25, 2010
Heaven & Hell are real as the air we breathe, do u c it? i dont think so but u can feel it ryt? believe it or not eternity is real & u r going to spend your life either in heaven or hell depending on how u live your short life here on earth, about Intimacylessness i think its worth sacrificing d pleasure of adultery or fornication for the Joy of heaven even though sometimes we slip and fall, after all we all r gonna get married one day ryt? then u go do am tire, so i belive it's worth it than going to hell grin undecided shocked[color=#000099][/color]
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by chinedumo(m): 2:55pm On May 25, 2010
ROMANS 12 New International Version
1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual[a] act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12 (Amplified Bible)
1I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship.

2Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by chinedumo(m): 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2010
Proverbs 6:27 Can a man scoop fire into his lap
without his clothes being burned?

28 Can a man walk on hot coals
without his feet being scorched?

29 So is he who sleeps with another man's wife;
no one who touches her will go unpunished.

30 Men do not despise a thief if he steals
to satisfy his hunger when he is starving.

31 Yet if he is caught, he must pay sevenfold,
though it costs him all the wealth of his house.

32 But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment;
whoever does so destroys himself.

33 Blows and disgrace are his lot,
and his shame will never be wiped away;
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by chinedumo(m): 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2010
Romans 2:4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

5But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6God "will give to each person according to what he has done."[a] 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11For God does not show favoritism.

jude 3Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints. 4For certain men whose condemnation was written about[b] long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

5Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord[c] delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

hebrews 26For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2010
Even a new born baby is a sinner. The act of sex in marriage is not that holy afterall.
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by chinedumo(m): 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2010
michelin89:

Even a new born baby is a sinner. The act of sex in marriage is not that holy afterall.

care to explain? . just to understand u better. i allow this for now. but remeber it is not the subject in question.
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2010
chinedumo:

care to explain? . just to understand u better. i allow this for now. but remeber it is not the subject in question.

If God created all men and I mean all, I can't understand why a baby born by two devoted Christians who had sex only in the holy institution of marriage is not considered a real child of God until they are a baptized.

Makes me wonder.
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by chinedumo(m): 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2010
what i will tell u is this. to be born again is to be born of the spirit. it is not a physical birth like your first birth. one cannot be born of God physically cos God is a spirit even worship is in spirit and truth. am not catholic so i dont need to be baptized before i am a child of God. i must add that it is not ur parents' sexual intercourse that makes humans sinners
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by chinedumo(m): 5:26pm On Jun 26, 2010
Re: You Better Believe It. Intimacylessness Is Better Than Eternity In Hell by omobadan(m): 12:05am On Jun 27, 2010
Chinedumo, I'm sorry to say this - but you're not making any sense at all! Who cares about some stupid reward in heaven? What's wrong with you people? Has religion gotten this bad? If people want to have sex before or after marriage, that's their jazz. We live in a modern world and all this religious bullcrap has really gone bonkers! The world have been existing long before the bible or any other religious book. I hate when people quote the bible like it's the be all and end all of everything. People need to wake up from their slumber!

(1) (Reply)

God's Definition Of Tithe / A Must Watch For All Christians With Video. / Crown Him With Many Crowns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.