Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? (4171 Views)

10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? / Eternity Is Real! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2016
How is eternity in hell a fair punishment for sin? How is it fair that a mere 70 years of ‪‎sin‬ be punished by an eternity in ‪‎hell‬?

http://www.gotquestions.org/eternal-hell-fair.html
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by IZIBLAZE4JESUS(m): 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
Man is Spirit.Spirit is ETERNAL.the Spirit is d real you(MAN).When d body lives for 70 yrs,it means the spirit lived for 70 yrs of its existence on earth.there after it must cont to live outside d body(ETERNITY)ie forever.the body(flesh) is cursed with sin.so wen a spiri lives in a body,it gets contaminated to sin and as such,only God can save such.this He did through Jesus Christ to save us.

1 Like

Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by Jozzy4: 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2016
IZIBLAZE4JESUS:
Man is Spirit.Spirit is ETERNAL.the Spirit is d real you(MAN).When d body lives for 70 yrs,it means the spirit lived for 70 yrs of its existence on earth.there after it must cont to live outside d body(ETERNITY)ie forever.the body(flesh) is cursed with sin.so wen a spiri lives in a body,it gets contaminated to sin and as such,only God can save such.this He did through Jesus Christ to save us.

do u exist as a spirit man before you were born ?

1 Like

Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
IZIBLAZE4JESUS:

save us from what exactly, because i don't see how the death of a man that died 2000 years ago can save me from a sin i haven't even committed by then

1 Like

Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by SidL(m): 9:17am On Apr 17, 2016
There is no hell fire. The claim that there is such a thing is why many of us are stuck in religions. Hence the term "fear-based religions." In other words, going through life with an imaginary gun pointed at your heads, by your beliefs.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59am On Apr 20, 2016
IZIBLAZE4JESUS:

True. But is it fair that a sinner who has refused to repent for his sinful lifestyle suffer eternity? undecided
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by orunto27: 11:42am On Apr 20, 2016
Let us syncronise on, 1, what i Sin? 2, how is it commited? 3, how is it purnished? 4, what is hell? And 5, what is Heaven? 6, the relevance of 70years. Breaking the decalogue, its summary and The Lord final commandment is a sin generally. Specifically when you hurt others by breaking the laws, you have commited sin. Like all contracts and agreements between and among people, the penalties for breaches are always expressly stated and/or verbally understood. The Displeasure and uneasiness you are in when you break an agreement is hell. The Bliss, Peace and the kind of Utopian panacea you are or have with your neighbours is Heaven and Eternity. God always allows us to tarry to 70 when we play every thing cool and with wisdom, knowledge and understanding with our neighbours. For example, Mr. President and Audu Ogbeh, both already 70+, will be commiting and already commiting sin by their illegal moves on the so called GRAZING LANDS. They are unwise for daring to rob the Nigerian constitution.‪‬‪‎‬
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by analice107: 11:52am On Apr 20, 2016
Jozzy4:

do u exist as a spirit man before you were born ?
Jozzy4 do you believe that you are a spirit? Yes or no.
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by analice107: 11:55am On Apr 20, 2016
orunto27:
Let us syncronise on, 1, what i Sin? 2, how is it commited? 3, how is it purnished? 4, what is hell? And 5, what is Heaven? 6, the relevance of 70years. Breaking the decalogue, its summary and The Lord final commandment is a sin generally. Specifically when you hurt others by breaking the laws, you have commited sin. Like all contracts and agreements between and among people, the penalties for breaches are always expressly stated and/or verbally understood. The Displeasure and uneasiness you are in when you break an agreement is hell. The Bliss, Peace and the kind of Utopian panacea you are or have with your neighbours is Heaven and Eternity. God always allows us to tarry to 70 when we play every thing cool and with wisdom, knowledge and understanding with our neighbours. For example, Mr. President and Audu Ogbeh, both already 70+, will be commiting and already commiting sin by their illegal moves on the so called GRAZING LANDS. They are unwise for daring to rob the Nigerian constitution.‪‬‪‎‬
LOL.
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by analice107: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
How is eternity in hell a fair punishment for sin? How is it fair that a mere 70 years of ‪‎sin‬ be punished by an eternity in ‪‎hell‬?

This is my take on this.
A Man lives for 70years, all the while being presented with information as to who he is, where he will go after he dies. With his eyes he sees things that suggest that these things can actually be true, How? The Warners read from the Bible of the things written long ago and those things are coming to pass right before him, but he dismisses them as coincidences.

Hearing the warnings every day about what will happen to him, if he keeps up with the way he lives. He doesn't feel accountable to anyone for any thing and, so can do anything. For 70 he persisted.
You know? Someone may argue and say, what the hell, he can be spared, yes he can, but it's not about the things he does or is doing. It's about A NATURE.

Listen Bros, when Adam died in Eden, it wasn't his physical body that died, because his physical body lived till 930years he committed that sin before he died physically. But Adam indeed died that very moment he committed that sin. The part of him which died that moment was his spirit. His spirit died. He gave up a nature which was Divine and took up a different nature which was susceptible to sickness, ageing and dying. That nature is out of God, it's a nature of sin which eventually results in physical death, both physically and spiritually.
Now Christ came to REPLACE that nature with the original one Adam lost. But to get that nature, you have to be yoked with Christ. Someone talked about agreement and covenant. You will havd to consciously, willingly accept to be in agreement or covenant with Christ so that you can receive the new nature. You know why? After this world, we will proceed to the next, over there flesh is not permitted. In that realm is when that nature will be much needed. Flesh is only in this realm, after this realm you shed your flesh. A new or another body which doesn't die will be given to us. Both good and bad shall receive.
In the spirit realm, there will be two spheres, not like here where it's just earth. There, there's heaven and there's hellfire. To enter heaven you need a nature which is like a garment, if you don't have it, you can't enter into heaven, and if you can't enter into heaven, where else will you go? Come back to Earth?

So, it's basically, not about if the person lived 20, or 50 or 70 years. The issue will be, DID THE 70YEARS OLD HAVE THE NEW NATURE THAT PERMITS HIM ACCESS INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD? IF not, what should be done next?
Let's take for example. A Syrian Army general had leprosy, he is told, there's a prophet in Israel who can heal you, go there. He went there, he was told, "your solution is in River Jordan, go there, dip yourself seven times".
He despised the prophet. But his servant said to him, Oga, if you were asked to go and jump over a mountain kill a cow, bring human head, to get healed, wouldn't you have done it? Just go and do as the man of God said sir. And he went, afterwards he was healed. He he went home cleansed, he would have gone home with leprosy if he didn't listen.
That's how it is. For 70years, a man had leprosy, for 70years, he was told Jesus could heal him, but despised Jesus, but Leppers are not allowed into the city, so what happens?

1 Like

Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by Yungbitz(m): 2:45am On Apr 21, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Is it fair for a 6year old child to be punished and disowned simply because he stole meat from the pot? If your answer is no then you would have given an answer to the fairness of Adams Punishment in the garden and an answer to your question

2 Likes

Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 21, 2016
It is your choice! Should a murderer blame a judge for sentencing him to a lifetime in prison for a crime committed in less than 5 minutes?
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by Jozzy4: 2:06pm On Apr 21, 2016
analice107:
Jozzy4 do you believe that you are a spirit? Yes or no.
spirit being? NO. I am a Human being

now answer me : do u exist as a spirit being before u were born ?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by Jozzy4: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2016
WiseBully:
It is your choice! Should a murderer blame a judge for sentencing him to a lifetime in prison for a crime committed in less than 5 minutes?

cant you see you said "lifetime" , as long as he lives .. its not eternal, it cant even last for a hundred years and at times, Such a person can still be freed during special occassions in the country or state u know ?, so . thats different from this babaric concept the op is talking about

3 Likes

Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by analice107: 4:46pm On Apr 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

spirit being? NO. I am a Human being

now answer me : do u exist as a spirit being before u were born ?

So 1 Thessalonians 5:23 And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through [separate you from profane things, make you pure and wholly consecrated to God]; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved sound and complete [and found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) doesn't apply to you?

Jesus said those who worship God does so in spirit and in truth.
How have you been worshiping God all this while since God is a spirit? In your flesh?

What is creation Jozzy4? If you ask me if we existed before coming to this earthly realm, then the Bible shouldn't have referred to us as being created, that will mean recreation.

The Bible did not say we existed in the spirit realm before being created in the physical realm. So No, I didn't exist before I was created.

If we lived before coming here we should have memories of that realm, just like we will have memories of this life, when we die.

Let me ask you Jozzy4, do you believe Spirits exists?

1 Like

Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by MrPresident1: 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2016
Fire cannot burn spirit, Hellfire is a symbolic description for conditions of human misery.

Jesus who is God died to save the world, when He comes again the second time, those vessels that are unprepared and therefore found unworthy to receive Him to dwell in them will not be able to function in the new heavens, they will live a life of misery.

God will not die a second time to redeem them, they will redeem themselves in death. But they will live very long in their misery and will bemoan their foolishness in refusing so great a free gift of salvation grin
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by analice107: 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
MrPresident1:
Fire cannot burn spirit, Hellfire is a symbolic description for conditions of human misery.

Jesus who is God died to save the world, when He comes again the second time, those vessels that are unprepared and therefore found to receive Him to dwell in them will not be able to function in the new heavens, they will live a life of misery.

God will not die a second time to redeem them, they will redeem themselves in death. But they will live very long in their misery and will bemoan their foolishness in refusing so great a free gift of salvation grin
Lolzzzz. That's your understanding?
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by MrPresident1: 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2016
analice107:

Lolzzzz. That's your understanding?

This is meat grin strong tough meat.
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by Jozzy4: 7:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
analice107:

So 1 Thessalonians 5:23 And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through [separate you from profane things, make you pure and wholly consecrated to God]; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved sound and complete [and found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) doesn't apply to you?

Jesus said those who worship God does so in spirit and in truth.
How have you been worshiping God all this while since God is a spirit? In your flesh?

What is creation Jozzy4? If you ask me if we existed before coming to this earthly realm, then the Bible shouldn't have referred to us as being created, that will mean recreation.

The Bible did not say we existed in the spirit realm before being created in the physical realm. So No, I didn't exist before I was created.

If we lived before coming here we should have memories of that realm, just like we will have memories of this life, when we die.

the bold is same with all humans , starting from the first man Adam , he didnt exist before he was created , he is just dust until he was mould, but once he transgress, he was told the penalty .. a return to default. to his non exstence before he was mould

" you will RETURN to the ground, out of which you [ Adam ] was taken " Gen 3:19

Let me ask you Jozzy4, do you believe Spirits exists?

depends on what u mean by spiritS , care to expantiate ?
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by analice107: 9:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

the bold is same with all humans , starting from the first man Adam , he didnt exist before he was created , he is just dust until he was mould, but once he transgress, he was told the penalty .. a return to default. to his non exstence before he was mould

depends on what u mean by spirits , care to expantiate ?

You only attempted to answer one part of the question.
If Adam was just the lump of clay or dust as you said, when God told him if he eats from the tree he will die, why didn't he die? His body died 930 years later, are you saying God lied to Adam?
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by analice107: 9:10pm On Apr 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

depends on what u mean by spiritS , care to expantiate ?
I need you to explain Gen 1:26. God created man in his image.
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by Jozzy4: 9:21pm On Apr 21, 2016
analice107:

You only attempted to answer one part of the question.
If Adam was just the lump of clay or dust as you said, when God told him if he eats from the tree he will die, why didn't he die? His body died 930 years later, are you saying God lied to Adam?

Gods day is not 24hrs, a day with God is 1000 years , Adam died within 1000 years spending just 930 years , thus he die that day.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by analice107: 9:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

Gods day is not 24hrs, a day with God is 1000 years , Adam died within 1000 years spending just 930 years , thus he die that day.
LOlzzz zzz. I can't believe you just said this. So the physical body of Adam died that day? Meaning there's no spiritual death?

1 Like

Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by Jozzy4: 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
analice107:

I need you to explain Gen 1:26. God created man in his image.

some said this means we look like God, and i ask does it mean God have breast or genitals ?absurd , thus this cant be so

some said this means we are immortals like God, really? and I asked , why then are we not also all powerful , Almighty , as God ? this thus broke into pieces .

our been in Gods image has to do with the human ability to love , show compassion, reason, and other unique traits found in humans .

1 Like

Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by analice107: 9:31pm On Apr 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

some said this means we look like God, and i ask does it mean God have breast or genitals ?absurd , thus this cant be so

some said this means we are immortals like God, really? and I asked , why then are we not also all powerful , Almighty , as God ? this thus broke into pieces .

our been in Gods image has to do with the human ability to love , show compassion, reason, and other unique traits found in humans .
Love and compassion are they images or attributes?
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by Jozzy4: 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
analice107:

LOlzzz zzz. I can't believe you just said this. So the physical body of Adam died that day? Meaning there's no spiritual death?

u are confused because u take day in that context as 24hours. when u know day according to God is 1000 years . From this view , Adam didnt spend a day !

1 Like

Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by analice107: 9:35pm On Apr 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

Are we humans living in God's day or human days?
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by Jozzy4: 9:38pm On Apr 21, 2016
analice107:

Love and compassion are they images or attributes?

Being made in God’s image meant that Adam was created with qualities like those of God, including love, wisdom, justice, and power. Adam was like his Father in another important way in that he possessed free will. Hence, Adam was not like a machine that can perform only what it is designed or programmed to do. Instead, he could make personal decisions, choosing between right and wrong. If he had chosen to obey God, he would have lived forever .

1 Like

Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by Jozzy4: 9:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
analice107:
Are we humans living in God's day or human days?
make yourself clearer
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by analice107: 9:42pm On Apr 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

u are confused because u take day in that context as 24hours. when u know day according to God is 1000 years . From this view , Adam didnt spend a day !

Jozzy4 did you say am confused? God is eternal so his days are also eternal, are Adams days also eternal?
Are trying very hard to wriggle yourself out of the spiritual realm, you are grabbing straws everywhere, now you are calling me confused?

The Bible said, God usually came in the cool of day to fellowship with Adam before the fall. How was that fellowship done, physically or spiritually? Remember Adam was just a lump of flesh.
You are dodging questions yet you call me confused. Lol.
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by Jozzy4: 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2016
analice107:

Jozzy4 did you say am confused? God is eternal so his days are also eternal, are Adams days also eternal?
Are trying very hard to wriggle yourself out of the spiritual realm, you are grabbing straws everywhere, now you are calling me confused?

The Bible said, God usually came in the cool of day to fellowship with Adam before the fall. How was that fellowship done, physically or spiritually? Remember Adam was just a lump of flesh.
You are dodging questions yet you call me confused. Lol.

and what exactly is your question ?
Re: Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? by analice107: 9:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

Being made in God’s image meant that Adam was created with qualities like those of God, including love, wisdom, justice, and power. Adam was like his Father in another important way in that he possessed free will. Hence, Adam was not like a machine that can perform only what it is designed or programmed to do. Instead, he could make personal decisions, choosing between right and wrong. If he had chosen to obey God, he would have lived forever .
Did the Bible day God created Man IN his image or WITH his attributes?
Again, is Image the same as Attributes?
Love, wisdom, justice are they Images or attributes?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? / ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity / Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.