Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) (1431 Views)

Largest Library In Marseille Burned Down By Rioters / Jacob Zuma’s son urges South Africa rioters to ‘Protest & Loot Responsibly’ / South Africa - Starving Rioters Say They Are On Verge Of Eating Each Other(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:26pm On May 01, 2018
Protest marches have been held around the world to mark International Workers' Day, and while some remained peaceful parades, others escalated into violent clashes and destruction.

Riot police in Paris arrested more than 200 anti-capitalist demonstrators today as they went on the rampage to mark May Day.

Water cannon and tear gas were used against the protestors, many of whom were anarchists belongingto the Black Bloc movement.

‘They have mainly targeted places of business, including branches of McDonalds and banks,’ said a Paris police spokesman.

‘More than 200 people were arrested by late afternoon, and isolated incidents of violence are on going.’

Worst hit was a McDonalds and Renault garage close to the Austerlitz railways station in the east of the city.

Cars and wheelie bins were also torched, while officers had rocks and other projectiles thrown at them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5677717/Colourful-parades-rallies-place-world-mark-Day.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:28pm On May 01, 2018
Demonstrators wearing masks and eye-protection march while waving anarchist flags and flares in Paris.

Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Ishilove: 8:29pm On May 01, 2018
Ke'sele? Ke fa gbogbo nonsense yi?
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by prittyboi(m): 8:29pm On May 01, 2018
This is serious
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Uyiii: 8:29pm On May 01, 2018
Wow, if person see this kin protest, to protest go dey hungry amcheesy
see how everywhere neat, fine fire, the thing belike film.
I sure say the police men go even share chilled water and ice-cream in the course of the protest.

but humans get grade sha, human wants are always very insatiable.
because I dey wonder wetin all these ones still dey protest for, are they alright
make dem come 9ja, you go confuse on wetin to protest for, the problem too many.

9ja I hail o, una strong die. Wehdone wehdone.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:31pm On May 01, 2018
Fighting fire: Emergency services put out a blazing car after thousands of people took to the streets of the French capital demonstrate on May Day.

A riot policeman throws a teargas shell towards protesters outside a McDonald's in the French capital.

Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:37pm On May 01, 2018
McDonald's restaurant is hit with petrol bombs thrown by activists during the traditional May Day rally in the center of Paris, France.

A female protester helps herself to a drink as demonstrators loot a McDonald's restaurant.

A masked man holds a waffle cone as he looks onto broken monitors at the McDonald.

1 Like

Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Cutehector(m): 8:38pm On May 01, 2018
The real definition of lazy youths

1 Like

Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:41pm On May 01, 2018
A masked and hooded protester uses a hammer to smash a pavement during clashes with French CRS riot police at the May Day labour union rally in Paris.

Demonstrators pick up rocks and cobblestones and throw them towards police officers as teargas clouds rise during a demonstration in Paris

Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:42pm On May 01, 2018
Warsaw

Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:44pm On May 01, 2018
Cubans assemble in their capital to mark May Day.

In the background, pictures of Karl Marx and Che Guevara look on

Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by decatalyst(m): 8:49pm On May 01, 2018
They have a youthful president...I thought he should be sensitive to their demands. undecided

Abi the old punna wey eim dey Shagg don regress his brain ni?

I can never trust any political office holder!
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Hakeem12(m): 9:00pm On May 01, 2018
wow, these guys are crazy. The destructions, looking like Hollywood movie scenes
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by vincentjk(m): 9:09pm On May 01, 2018
Bullshit
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Awoofawo(m): 9:10pm On May 01, 2018
Make we do something like this for 9ja.........dem go uses you na do shooting practice!

#Ogogoro Soldiers #Olopa
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Mariangeles(f): 9:14pm On May 01, 2018
The city of Paris has totally lost it's charm embarassed

1 Like

Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by chillychill(f): 9:17pm On May 01, 2018
shocked
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 01, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Acidosis(m): 9:53pm On May 01, 2018
Ishilove:
Ijebu? shocked shocked
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by lovicks: 9:54pm On May 01, 2018
K
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Ishilove: 11:09pm On May 01, 2018
Acidosis:

Ijebu? shocked shocked
cool
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Explorers(m): 3:48am On May 02, 2018
Ishilove:

shocked

1 Like

Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by armadeo(m): 7:45am On May 02, 2018
Awoofawo:
Make we do something like this for 9ja.........dem go uses you na do shooting practice!

#Ogogoro Soldiers #Olopa

I tell you. Shoot at sight.

Then denials that the protesters shot first.

Then some waka pass people will be picked up investigations will begin.

Bail is free N200k.

Police is untop of the situation.

It's PDP that planned it to destabilize the government.
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 02, 2018
But why would anyone protest against capitalism .. thats equivalent to wanting govt ownership of facebook...whatsapp...instgram...nairaland etc. grin

Just look at the mcdonald shop cry

I really dont unserstand the anarchist agenda undecided

1 Like

Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by UncleSnr(m): 1:21pm On May 03, 2018
Baba, in your free time, you can go through this and see if you can share. Collection of most inhuman experiments ever conducted wink
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 03, 2018
decatalyst:
They have a youthful president...I thought he should be sensitive to their demands. undecided

Abi the old punna wey eim dey Shagg don regress his brain ni?

I can never trust any political office holder!

It's the same every year and it has been happening for decades and will continue to happen no matter who is president.
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 03, 2018
honjohnbright:
But why would anyone protest against capitalism .. thats equivalent to wanting govt ownership of facebook...whatsapp...instgram...nairaland etc. grin

Just look at the mcdonald shop cry

I really dont unserstand the anarchist agenda undecided

Capitalism in its raw form does not have any regard for human life, human rights, worker's rights and nature. It is all about profit. It needs regulations. The experience during industrialization has shown it clearly, the financial crisis in the 30s and the last global financial crisis are other examples what greed can do. I am not a communist, in fact, I come from a family of entrepreneurs but I see why people feel exploited by capitalism.

Whereas in the past, the average CEO made about 20 to 30 times the income of the average worker, today's CEO now makes 273 times more. And meanwhile, a family in the top 1 percent has a net worth 288 times higher than the typical family , which is a record for this country.

Obama

1 Like

Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 03, 2018
Mindfulness:

Capitalism in its raw form does not have any regard for human life, human rights, worker's rights and nature. It is all about profit. It needs regulations. The experience during industrialization has shown it clearly, the financial crisis in the 30s and the last global financial crisis are other examples what greed can do. I am not a communist, in fact, I come from a family of entrepreneurs but I see why people feel exploited by capitalism.

Whereas in the past, the average CEO made about 20 to 30 times the income of the average worker, today's CEO now makes 273 times more. And meanwhile, a family in the top 1 percent has a net worth 288 times higher than the typical family , which is a record for this country.

Obama

the worst part of america winning the cold war was that it took the reigns off restraint. now america looks like a communist cartoon caricature where corporations call the shots and the masses are little more than feudal serfs
Re: Workers Day In Paris Turns Bloody As Rioters Set Cars And House On Fire(Photos) by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 03, 2018
oyb:

the worst part of america winning the cold war was that it took the reigns off restraint. now america looks like a communist cartoon caricature where corporations call the shots and the masses are little more than feudal serfs

Exactly! I believe it all started in the Reagen/Thatcher era. It's an oligarchy now, democracy is endangered, something that has been taken for granted for too long. I find it funny they call the corporate money in politics lobbyism but call it corruption elsewhere. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Marry five wives or be jailed, Says King Mswati III of Swaziland / Egypt Is Building A New Capital City / Russia And Ukraine War: Prophecy By Prophet TB Joshua In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.