Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? (6143 Views)

Man Gambles Away $1.5 Million Accidentally Given By ATM / Should Prof Uwemedimo Be Given National Award? / Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by Omokemesi(m): 6:26pm On May 19, 2010
Every year, the Federal Government of Nigeria always honour many Prominent Citizens with National Awards of different categories in recognition of their outstanding achievements in their respective callings. Before the end of this year, it is expected that our President, DR. Goodluck Jonathan, will decorate another batch of achievers with Year 2010 National Awards from Member of the order of the Niger (MON) to Grand Commander of Federal Republic (GCFR).
There is a prominent Nigerian Inventor of World repute, Prof. King Clement Adiamako Uwemedimo, the boss of Comandclem Nig. Ltd., whose invention for Oil exploration has been ringing bells worldwide. The Invention, Anti-corrosive Special Paint for Q.I.T (TRANSTEEL BLUE, WHITE ENAMEL, Q.A.D) invented in 1980, is believed to be the first and only enabling chemical used in the production of Crude oil, condensate, liquified natural gas and other allied products.
The Federal Government of Nigeria gave Prof. Uwemedimo the Patent  Right for the invention through the Non-convention Patent RP. 13522 issued to him on 5th August 1999.
In December 2009, Nigeria's Court of Appeal ruled that Prof. King Uwemedimo was the true and statutory inventor of this all-important product. By this ruling, there is no more controversy over the ownership of the invention being enjoyed by oil companies and others world-wide.
Prof. Uwemedimo even went to Ghana on Saturday, May 15, 2010, to receive an Award.
My Question is, should Prof. Clement Uwemedimo, the genius who has earned a landmark reputation for Nigeria by this invention be given a National Award this year?
Should this over 80 year old inventor be honoured by his Country while still alive?
Should Nigeria wait until his demise only to appreciate him with Posthumous National Award?
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by insight04: 9:07pm On May 28, 2010
The answer is yes.
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by great09(f): 8:22pm On May 29, 2010
i strongly disagree with that yes until he has proofed his integrity by paying thousands of innocent Nigerians he has been collecting money from for years in the name of patentee royalty. mind you, i have nothing against him, but if he can pay as promised, then he truly deserve the award.
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by highq(m): 7:32pm On May 30, 2010
Yes, i agree wit u. CommandClem should at least make a public address on the fate of trusting investors who invested in the business. His silence on the issue is really 'somehow". A leader should carry his team along
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by ehowpraise: 1:55pm On May 31, 2010
IT'S A GREAT DAY.
THE PROF DESERVE AN AWARD.I SEE HIM AS MAN OF INTERGRITY,LET'S GIVE HIM SOMETIME, I HOPE HE WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT OUR INVESTMENT IN CCNL.
THANKS.,,,,truely omo ninja. PEACE B WIT U ALL
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by Omokemesi(m): 10:06am On Jun 01, 2010
I wish to refer to the comments made by both Great09 and Highq respectively on the above topic. It appears they did not consider well the exact purpose of the questions raised. It is the magnitude of the importance of Prof Uwemedimo's invention to Oil exploration and contribution to the world economy that was taken into consideration before asking if he actually deserved to be given a National Award. I think Comandclem spokesmen have said times without number that patentees would be paid when those who have been enjoying the invention start to pay the royalties that ought to have been paid Comandclem since 1999. Comandclem has won the case at the Appeal Court and I believe the best thing patentees and others should do now is to exercise patience. I also advise patentees who can listen to Gateway radio to tune in there on Saturdays at 11.30 am where people are enlightened about the latest about Comandcle, by one of the company's official. However, the fact that patentees are not yet paid has nothing to do with the invention and the inventor being given an Award for a seemingly indispensable discovery of Prof UWEMEDIMO. If Nigerian musicians and artists were among those given National Awards by the Federal Government in the past, why not a scientist and inventor[b][color=#000099][/color][/b] of international fame and recognition?
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by ubine(m): 11:45am On Jun 04, 2010
DEFINATELY!!!
Let honor be given to whom honor is due.
if more nigerians will take to the footstep of invention like Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem
then thier will be less envy, jelousy etc. as every man will be busy with his or her project instead of fighting another man's success.
he should be honored to encourage the youths and others.
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by GOZILLA(m): 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2010
yes oo!
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by seunbanme: 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
Pls when are they paying us our money ooooooo?

My chindren and wives (even me sef) are starving ooooo!!!
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by jamace(m): 11:09am On Jun 13, 2010
Pls when are they paying us our money ooooooo?

My chindren and wives (even me sef) are starving ooooo!!!
grin grin
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by Bigsolo88: 11:25pm On Jul 03, 2010
What is d latest news about comandclem? I learnt they have been paid. Can some1 trow more light on dc?
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by Omokemesi(m): 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2010
From a reliable sourca, it was confirmed that Comandclem has not been paid. The source however disclosed that meaning negotiation was going on between Comandclem and Mobil. Patentees will rejoice soon, according to the source closed to Comandclem.
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by Omokemesi(m): 8:48pm On Jul 06, 2010
From a reliable sourca, it was confirmed that Comandclem has not been paid. The source however disclosed that meaningful negotiation was going on between Comandclem and Mobil. Patentees will rejoice soon, according to the source closed to Comandclem.
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by Bigsolo88: 9:37am On Jul 07, 2010
Omokemesi, pls can u kindly send ur email adres 2 my mail bigsolo4real88@yahoo.Com i can c u are a patentee so dt we can be mailing each other about d latest news of comandclem. Have a lovely day ahead,
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by Omokemesi(m): 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2010
Thank you Bigsolo for requesting for my email for reasons stated by you. But my aim of posting latest information on comandclem is to benefit ALL PATENTEES and other interested visitors to Nigeria's unrivalled Forum - Nairaland. This is because I may not have enough time to reply all enquiries via email. And the little I am doing is free of charge to pass correct information to my co-PATENTEES. Thank you. OMOKEMESI
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by jamace(m): 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2010
Thank you Bigsolo for requesting for my email for reasons stated by you. But my aim of posting latest information on comandclem is to benefit ALL PATENTEES and other interested visitors to Nigeria's unrivalled Forum - Nairaland. This is because I may not have enough time to reply all enquiries via email. And the little I am doing is free of charge to pass correct information to my co-PATENTEES. Thank you. OMOKEMESI

Thanks dear. Please keep the information coming.
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by Omokemesi(m): 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2010
Comandclem latest: An official of Comandclem Nigeria Ltd, Pastor Abimbola Salami, has again appealed to all Comandclem Patentees to be patient. He made the appeal on Ogun State radio station, 'Gateway Radio', on Saturday, july 10, 2010. Pastor Salami assured all Comandclem Patentees that all promises made by the Company would be fulfilled. He said this while commenting on the 30th Anniversary of the invention of a special anti corrosive paint by the Comandclem boss, Prof. Clement Uwemedimo, used by Mobil and other oil companies worldwide. Pastor Salami declared: 'Very soon, joy will be our portion.' Omokemesi
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by Bigsolo88: 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2010
Thank u Omokemesi 4 a great job weldone. we shal al laugh very soon by d grace of God
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by shimfe(m): 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2010
IT IS WELL!!! Thank you Omokemesi. We appreciate you as you keep on updating us till DEE day when we will all have cause to smile & rejoice from the harvests of our investment,

Long Live nigeria , Long Live Commandc lem , long live Prof. kind Clement Adiamako Uwemedimo,
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by shimfe(m): 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2010
Well for me Weda He pays eventually or not,i sincerely think he DESRVES the Award. Even a far bigger award if you ask me. The man is Great man, the problem we have is that a prophet is never accepted in his own land/country
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by Omokemesi(m): 8:26am On Jul 14, 2010
Thank you for your nice post Shimfe. Most people in Nigeria do not realise that Prof King Uwemedimo of Comandclem is indeed an asset to the whole world apart from His fatherland. But Shimfe, you have said it all: "the problem we have is that a prophet is never accepted in his land/country." Do you believe if Prof. Uwemedimo was given required support by government and all royalties due to him on his invention since 1999 paid by infringers, the country would have changed for better. Prof Uwemedimo would have even instructed Comandclem to donate the controversial 10 billion naira earmarked for Nigeria's 50th Independence Anniversary by the Federal Government. What is mere 10 billion naira from billions of dollars?[/color][color=#000099]
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by shimfe(m): 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2010
I believe all what you have said omokemesi will come to pass,its just a matter oo time & space. just like @ poster said it's just due to lack of Government support that's delaying payment of the royalties,but we thank God that despite this, Comandclem has been able to come thus far.

what is literalily delaying everything now is just the "NIGERIAN FACTOR" in everything we do in this country.But i can assure who ever cares to know that Comandclem is for real & Prof. king Clement Adiamako Uwemedimo has Sincere/Genuine intentions. As such it can only be delayed but Never & i repeat Never denied. mark my word on this.

Watchout!!!

My candid advice 4 anybody wey never register be say go register now b4 it's too late.A word is enough for the wise o,

Long Live Prof. king Clement Adiamako Uwemedimo!!!
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by shimfe(m): 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2010
Abeg Omokemesi,keep up the good work on your Updates as we look forward to your next update which i hope will announce commencement of the royalties.

Bless you all
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by Omokemesi(m): 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2010
COMANDCLEM LATEST The Chairman of Comandclem Nigeria Limited, Prof. King Clement Uwemedimo, has assured all Comandclem Patentees that they would soon smile. "Before January or early part of next year, we shall be smiling," he declared. Prof. Uwemedimo gave the assurance from Abuja on Saturday (July 24, 2010), while contributing to the Comandclem weekly live programme on Gateway Radio, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by shimfe(m): 8:56am On Jul 26, 2010
Nice one omokemesi. But i wonder why comanclem news comes only from Gate way Radio abeokuta only.I strongly think & believe the company should endeavour to broadcasts such news through NTA network news or even private channells like CHANNELLS ,AIT etc. They used to do this aerlier why did this stop. Omokemesi i believe you may be able to help out with ananswer to this.

Looking foward to more updates from you. Goog job so far

Thank you
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by shimfe(m): 9:11am On Aug 04, 2010
Hi All,just feelers from Comandclem lagos office that the fed govt & CBN are working with comandclem already in opening a bank for comandclem where all patentees will be paid through. There is hope. He said most likely by this year end or early next year we shall be smilining to comandclem bank to be paid all outstandings ,

Pls anyone els who has a more current & detailed info should pls update us.

Omokemsis how far ? Any news?

1 luv
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by Omokemesi(m): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2010
COMANDCLEM  LATEST:  Mobil has now agreed to pay Royalties of well over  two dollars per barrel to Comandclem Nigeria Limited for using the invention of the Company's boss, Prof King Clement Uwemedimo, based on 1999 production.      The Coordinator of Comandclem's International Relations and Publicity, Deacon J. Akpan, told me on Saturday (August 7, 2010) that arrangements were in top gear to establish a Bank through which all Patentees would be paid.  He disclosed that apart from Mobil, Comandclem has identified about 500 other companies in Nigeria using  the Special Anti Corrosive Paint  invented by Prof Uwemedimo in 1980.  He got patent right for this invention from Nigeria's Federal Government on August 5, 1999.  Deacon Akpan also revealed that Comandclem had special programmes for Niger Delta Area and declared: "when implemented, there will be an end to militancy and restiveness in the area forever."                OMOKEMESI
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by shimfe(m): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2010
Thanks for your confirmation Omokemesi.How ever i would like you to give details of when most likely all these arrangement (comandclem bank/payment of royalties) .let us know if we may smile to comandclem bank towards the end of this year or early next year? pls comfirm from the coordinator comandclem international relations & publicity.(Deacon J. Akpan) how soon this will come to reality. We appreciate your update so far. Pls keep up the good job. & hope to see you on pay day.LOL!
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by Omokemesi(m): 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2010
Thank you Shimfe. I have read your post elsewhere in reply to "seun ban me"! It was a great one.                        As things are, payment may not be effected until late this year or early next year unless miracle occurs. Senior officials of Commandalem led by their boss, Prof Uwemedimo, worked round the clock for almost three consecutive weeks outside their respective stations during their negotiatins with Mobil. One of the officials revealed that the due process which they had to follow which was not envisaged, prolonged matters. Up till the time of sending this Post, Comandclem has not confirmed the receipt of cheque from Mobil. Establishment of a new bank is also not as fast as opening a bank account. Even if Comandclem will acquire an existing bank, it will still take some time to complete necessary steps and requirements before commencement of operation.  Meanwhile, what I think Comandclem should do now is to ensure that very soon, all patentees, wherever they are, should be able to check their names and registration numbers on the internet.  This will afford them the opportunity to lodge complaints and make necessary corrections before Bank Accounts are opened for them by Comandclem.                OMOKEMESI
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by shimfe(m): 10:45am On Aug 11, 2010
Thank you omokemesi.Your feedback & information are always authentic because everything you say here just confirms the same information from my informant in Comandclems Lagos office.But i think you are even more advantaged than me because you get to meet & see thier top officials like dr Akpan one on one to discuss key issues that borders on the progress & advancement of this cause.I work & reside in the north but registered with comandclem in lagos in 2008 when i was still working in lagos before i left for the north. However i still stay in touch & get updated through some of thier lagos staffs as endeavoured to take thier numbers before my redeployment to the north.

My point is that you can actually proferthe suggestion you mention in your last post to some one like Dr Akpan or any other top official you may be opportuned to be with .If you ask me its a splendid idea &it will go a long way keep a lot of patentees mind @ bay & always updated. However pending when & if that is done if you happen to profer to them & they accept pls keep doing what you are doing on this thread & other powerful threads of yours on current & authentic updates on this very massive life time investment we have all invested in.

REMAIN BLESSED
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by Omokemesi(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2010
Shimfe, I read your post and all points noted. INFORMATION: Patentees in Lagos and its environs as well as those who can find it convenient to be in Lagos this Saturday (August 14), I have news for you. There will be a monthly briefing of Comandclem members by 12 noon. VENUE: No. 32, Western Avenue, Ojuelegba, opposite Abalti Barracks, Lagos. Comandclem Coordinator of International Relations and Publicity, Deacon J. Akpan, will address the gathering. Patentees will have the opportunity to know the latest and also have unique chance to ask questions. Be there! Omokemesi
Re: Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? by shimfe(m): 8:21am On Aug 12, 2010
thnank for this info,unfortunately its not for patentees like me living up country.However pls OMOKEMESI i want you to clarify this for me.Does comandclem have two offices in lagos? I registered @ thier ojota office,i am not aware of any other office of thiers in lagos.pls tell me i redistered in the right office, will you be there on the 14th august for the briefing?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Own A Verified & Functional Paypal Account As A Nigerian / How To Make Lots Of Money From Transportation Business / Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.