Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet (15481 Views)

10 Old Phones Nigerians Would Still Buy Today / The First Man That Owned A Tablet / I Need A Tablet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by Revolva(m): 1:22am On May 03, 2018
Many people would have you believe that you don’t need a tablet anymore, that everything you use a tablet for can be done just as well or better with another device. So, if you have a tablet and have stopped using it, or you never bought one, i highlights some reasons why you may want to reconsider and/or start using one.

Perfect for movies and music

Sure your laptop can play your music and movies; however, tablets just do it better.  There’s nothing better than entertaining yourself on a long trip than with a tablet loaded with your favourite music and movies and it is easy to take with you.

Longer battery life

Laptop batteries are improving, but how many people really get 8 to 10 hours of life out of your laptop?  Not very many. Tablets, however, will last much longer than many laptops without needing a charge. This gives you much more time to use them before they will have to stop and plug them in.

Good for meetings and classes

Tablets make the perfect piece of technology to take to a meeting and classes. Today’s tablets make it easy for you to take notes while you are listening to the presenter and, if you happen to be presenting, you can even run your presentation straight from your tablet instead of having to carry with you a laptop.

Better internet browsing

Internet browsing on a tablet is a mixed experience; it draws the line between mobile and desktop web pages. As websites vary from different publications, having the middle ground is wonderful. The text is more readable and browsing is as smooth as you’d expect from a mobile-optimized site.

Tablets are cheaper than a new laptop

A tablet works as well as a laptop. However, many persons do not use it even though it is cheaper and affordable than a laptop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGwwmWYYgSo

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by mustmust(m): 7:27am On May 03, 2018
Tablets are so much cheaper than a laptop

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:27am On May 03, 2018
You are on point.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by dimexy247(m): 7:28am On May 03, 2018
Ok
Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by Nairalandmentor(m): 7:28am On May 03, 2018
shocked very true especially for web designers. You could just do some work even inside a bus or car. My tablet is my one of most valued travel companion. Larger screen and more.

Check my signature if you need a professional website design without advanced payments
Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by budusky05(m): 7:28am On May 03, 2018
Sure
Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by cbrezy(m): 7:28am On May 03, 2018
One thing you forget to add is that Tablets are good for designing and sketching e.g Architecture and modeling drawings cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by obojememe: 7:29am On May 03, 2018
not a fan....
Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by Sunkyphil(m): 7:29am On May 03, 2018
D size is a turn off for me, the d video and picture resolution

1 Like

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by honey001(m): 7:29am On May 03, 2018
Me that have tablet... still looking for laptop....

7 Likes

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by akeentech(m): 7:30am On May 03, 2018
obojememe:
not a fan....
but y
Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by jeeqaa7(m): 7:30am On May 03, 2018
My l9plus be like tablet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by davodyguy: 7:30am On May 03, 2018
That battery life part is a hoax

1 Like

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by obojememe: 7:32am On May 03, 2018
akeentech:
but y
size factor
Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by Quality20(m): 7:34am On May 03, 2018
can easily b misplaced when outdoors
Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by neezar: 7:37am On May 03, 2018
I am using a Samsung tab, everything is working fine but the battery level no be here
Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by olowobaba10: 7:38am On May 03, 2018
A TABLET IS A TABLET AND A LAPTOP IS A LAPTOP!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by agarawu23(m): 7:38am On May 03, 2018
8-10hrs battery life is a FAT lie, unless u don't press it at all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by Lomprico2: 7:41am On May 03, 2018
How much is d latest microsoft surface pro!

Cheaper than laptop indeed! undecided

Abeg o! Anyone with the lcd screen for samsung galaxy tab 10.1 2014 edition. I need it pls. Tanx.

5 Likes

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by uncleck: 7:43am On May 03, 2018
Anything my phone cannot do, my laptop does it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by emmy4lov(m): 7:44am On May 03, 2018
Nice one op ...

Urgent sale, samsung galaxy S6 with accessories.
WhatsApp 08050447106
Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by Nobody: 7:47am On May 03, 2018
I don't want to buy, im still enjoying my BlackBerry Q5 and it's not giving me any problems, beside im not a corrupt Nigerian, im always contented with what I have, so thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7058855_img20180326191516_jpeg0d0701444e19af9fc6b4f50ecd0e2afe

Drabeey was HERE

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 7:47am On May 03, 2018
Lomprico2:
How much is d latest microsoft surface pro!

Cheaper than laptop indeed! undecided

Surfaces are not tablets
Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by Tonyosas101(m): 7:47am On May 03, 2018
I've got a samsung tab with 2GB ram, it works better than my samsung s6 with 3GB
I use my TAB for movies, gaming, designing & surfing the internet, not to talk of the perfect juicy battery life
The S6 is just for show off

1 Like

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by deebrownneymar: 7:48am On May 03, 2018
I have a Samsung galaxy note N8000 tablet for sale. Anyone interested?

1 Like

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by AniwetaluEmma(m): 7:50am On May 03, 2018
The battery life of my Samsung tab is wonderful. It can stay up to 10hrs or more under fair usage. Tablets and laptops are two different things

1 Like

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by Lifeinterpreter: 7:52am On May 03, 2018
Some are saying tablets are cheaper than laptop, my dear it depends the kind of tablet ooo. I bought my Samsung galaxy tabs2 230k December 2016, and I must say that I am still enjoying it till date. The 9.7" screen and 5000Mah battery, with 3gig RAM, the speed is just ok for me. Laptop is laptop, tablet is tablet but for portability I go for tablet. If you are a writer, you will know how easy it is to write with tablet, since you move about with it, you can write anytime and anywhere when the inspiration comes. I am a "game" type, I love playing game alot and my tablet is just bae.

5 Likes

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by Bridget95(f): 7:55am On May 03, 2018
agarawu23:
8-10hrs battery life is a FAT lie, unless u don't press it at all.
it is not a fat lie bro. I use a Samsung Tab E with 5000mah battery, believe me the experience is awesome and battery life is a great more Than 10hours non stop browsing experience.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by Bamz(m): 8:02am On May 03, 2018
I think having a tab is a luxury IMO, it's not essential. Having a laptop and a decent smartphone, you'd struggle to justify why you'd need a tablet.

Tabs are perfect for reading too. You could cram in so many ebooks and read anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by undisputed25(m): 8:02am On May 03, 2018
Bridget95:
it is not a fat lie bro. I use a Samsung Tab E with 5000mah battery, believe me the experience is awesome and battery life is a great more Than 10hours non stop browsing experience.
You are right I use Tab E too, In fact it rendered my smartphone useless.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet by MrBONE2(m): 8:10am On May 03, 2018
Noted and secondedly on point grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined / TECNO Unveils Fireboy As Brand Ambassador For Spark Series / How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.