Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria (37521 Views)

Seun Kuti Reacts To A Video Of Youths ‘chilling’ At A Betting Shop In Owerri / Seun Kuti Reacts To Otedola Philanthropic Gestures: “Political Ambition Loading” / Jaiye Kuti Reacts To Rihanna’s Dressing: “This Is Madness” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Jaytecq(m): 12:58pm On May 03, 2018
mchteew.... well said, Nafdac, Ndlea are just pack of joke
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by psychologist(m): 12:58pm On May 03, 2018
Please what's the difference between codeine and tramadol
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by ninetiethcrown7(m): 12:59pm On May 03, 2018
Roger3D:
We also want the national assembly to as a matter of urgency pass a law mandating the death penalty for anyone caught smuggling the drug into the country else this ban will not work

Haba death penalty for codeine smuggling, then we might as well give you the post as the executioner.

Since you want to see them dead, you might as well be the person sending them to the afterlife.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Terver23(m): 12:59pm On May 03, 2018
Them want everybody to drink alcohol..
not every codiene user is a lazy , dirty , uneducated or lacks coordination has they are being potrayed...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Elnino4ladies: 12:59pm On May 03, 2018
You can't ban weed
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by AutoSpaNg: 12:59pm On May 03, 2018
madgoat:

See this mumu booking space. mmmhhh
madgoat we meet again only this time i am using my office account. the last time i told you i hate been mentioned in the same quote with a mad goat. but this time i will be more specific and tell you that you are mad.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Emmyirab(m): 1:00pm On May 03, 2018
NoMoreTrolling:
what i don't get is, what is the worlds business if i smoke weed?

I'm not killing anybody
I'm not harming anybody
I'm not stealing from anybody

so why can't i smoke weed without police around the world giving me wahala

Yea, you're not hurting anybody "while" smoking weed.
But you might "after" smoking it!!
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Adflex1(m): 1:00pm On May 03, 2018
Igbo hignes knows no bound Bob Marley felt it and always explore it's peak, go to some part of Western world it's a big industry,, who codeine EPP ? #SayNo to #Harddrugs.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 1:03pm On May 03, 2018
Roger3D:
We also want the national assembly to as a matter of urgency pass a law mandating the death penalty for anyone caught smuggling the drug into the country else this ban will not work

Lol. There is dealth penalty for drug trafficking in Indonesia. Yet they have more drug addicts than America. The more you legislate against supply, the richer the drug dealers. Laws such as those actually help the dealers. Until people stop taking the drugs, it would continue to be supplied. End of story.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by frfr: 1:03pm On May 03, 2018
Bitter truth I must say!
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by mmsen: 1:04pm On May 03, 2018
Evablizin:
Lol.

Truth,igbo still dey everywhere.

grin Igbo "banned unjustly". Like seriously?

Yes, it is unjust.

It is less dangerous than alcohol and many pharmaceuticals prescribed by doctors.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by NoMoreTrolling: 1:04pm On May 03, 2018
Emmyirab:

Yea, you're not hurting anybody "while" smoking weed.
But you might "after" smoking it!!

I might after

That is stretching it a bit to far, don't you think?
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by sweetrace(f): 1:06pm On May 03, 2018
NoMoreTrolling:

I'm not killing anybody
I'm not harming anybody

Because when you're high and your sense of judgement becomes impaired it is possible to
Kill somebody
Harm somebody
Steal from somebody.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Roger3D(m): 1:07pm On May 03, 2018
einsteine:

Lol. There is dealth penalty for drug trafficking in Indonesia. Yet they have more drug addicts than America. The more you legislate against supply, the richer the drug dealers. Laws such as those actually help the dealers. Until people stop taking the drugs, it would continue to be supplied. End of story.
Oga what do you care if drug smugglers are executed for their crimes? Or are you one of them?
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by san316(m): 1:09pm On May 03, 2018
And if it is more expensive, it will be less affordable which means less people will use it.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by NoMoreTrolling: 1:18pm On May 03, 2018
sweetrace:

Because when you're high and your sense of judgement becomes impaired it is possible to
Kill somebody
Harm somebody
Steal from somebody.

lies that have been made to seem like truth, because they have been repeated through generations.

this sounds very ridiculous, especially as it pertains to marijuana.

I blame America for this, with their war on drugs.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 1:20pm On May 03, 2018
Roger3D:
Oga what do you care if drug smugglers are executed for their crimes? Or are you one of them?

I am not a supporter of capital punishment for crimes like drug trafficking. Aside from murder, there's no rarely a reason for capital punishment. Execute all the drug dealers in the world, it doesn't solve the problem. China occasionally executes people for corruption. Yet, China is way more corrupt than the US. It is important to understand that punishment does not deter people from committing crimes. What does is removing the conditions necessary for the successful commission of these crimes. For the codeine issue, get people engaged in work so they are not so idle they have to spend all day being high. Tighten the border to track the entry of controlled substances. Proactive measures to stop drug trafficking.

Capital punishment is an ancient relic that has been confined to the dustbin of history because it does not work.

Of course, if you are more interested in blood lust than solving the actual problem, then your call.

@ bold, only idiots resort to ad hominem attacks during discussions.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 1:21pm On May 03, 2018
san316:
And if it is more expensive, it will be less affordable which means less people will use it.

Or they could resort to armed robbery and burglary to raise money to afford it?

The more expensive a drug is, the more problems it causes. Lots of people smoke weed but it has not really had an effect on the country because it is cheap.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Roger3D(m): 1:22pm On May 03, 2018
einsteine:

I am not a supporter of capital punishment for crimes like drug trafficking. Aside from murder, there's no rarely a reason for capital punishment. Execute all the drug dealers in the world, it doesn't solve the problem. China occasionally executes people for corruption. Yet, China is way more corrupt than the US. It is important to understand that punishment does not deter people from committing crimes. What does is removing the conditions necessary for the successful commission of these crimes. For the codeine issue, get people engaged in work so they are not so idle they have to spend all day being high. Tighten the border to track the entry of controlled substances. Proactive measures to stop drug trafficking.

Capital punishment is an ancient relic that has been confined to the dustbin of history because it does not work.

Of course, if you are more interested in blood lust than solving the actual problem, then your call.

@ bold, only idiots resort to ad hominem attacks during discussions.
Capital punishment for drug crimes in south east Asian countries has brought about some positive results. The world will be a much better place with one less drug dealer
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Skepticus: 1:25pm On May 03, 2018
Franzinni:
you couldn't me more right seun

Nigerian government don't reason when everything we are as a country was prescribed to us even democracy...

You know if the person who is importing or has the factory is in the government... Pushing for the ban so the price can now double....

More money.... Fucking gangster men!!!!

I'm telling you.

Big Pharma businessmen would cash in on this
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Lastanza: 1:29pm On May 03, 2018
NoMoreTrolling:

I'm not killing anybody
I'm not harming anybody

Oga u can only speak for urself but I tell you, more than half of the crime committed the world over today are motivated by drugs like weed and the likes.

Remove such drugs from the society and crime will reduce to the bearest minimal. Granted there are a good percentage of those that smoke or take drugs responsibly but you can't take away the other side of it
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 1:31pm On May 03, 2018
Roger3D:
Capital punishment for drug crimes in south east Asian countries has brought about some positive results. The world will be a much better place with one less drug dealer

Go check their drug addiction rates. It isn't zero. The capital punishment would have been great if it reduced drug trafficking to zero. There are still loads of drugs being sold in Manila, Pattaya, bangkok and pattaya.

Forget the Nigerians (or is it Biafrans) who are caught smuggling drugs into south east asia. The real drug lords fly whole full shipments into the air space and land them there. Those ones are rarely caught but they take advantage of the very high drug prices in Asia to market their merchandize.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by NoMoreTrolling: 1:33pm On May 03, 2018
Lastanza:

Oga u can only speak for urself but I tell you, more than half of the crime committed the world over today are motivated by drugs like weed and the likes.

Remove such drugs from the society and crime will reduce to the bearest minimal. Granted there are a good percentage of those that smoke or take drugs responsibly but you can't take away the other side of it

more lies that have been instilled in you by propaganda.

if that was true, then why is crime not at an all time high in Amsterdam? A place where you can walk into a store and buy weed muffins, cakes, blunts...

crime should be like super dupa high there right? however, it's very low.

you see the propaganda

crime is as a result of drug prohibition, not drug use.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by ensamy(m): 1:34pm On May 03, 2018
I dey sell codeine
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 03, 2018
Its the truth... More money for the drug dealers. Simple economics... Might be a good investment now sef cool
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Roger3D(m): 1:39pm On May 03, 2018
einsteine:

Go check their drug addiction rates. It isn't zero. The capital punishment would have been great[b] if it reduced drug trafficking to zero.[/b] There are still loads of drugs being sold in Manila, Pattaya, bangkok and pattaya.

Forget the Nigerians (or is it Biafrans) who are caught smuggling drugs into south east asia. The real drug lords fly whole full shipments into the air space and land them there. Those ones are rarely caught but they take advantage of the very high drug prices in Asia to market their merchandize.
Nobody said anything about reducing trafficking to a zero.That would be an impossibility. Its to serve as a deterrent and also rid the planet of one more dealer.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Captaynbee: 1:42pm On May 03, 2018
ninetiethcrown7:
It's sad, but the truth is it will cost Nigeria way more to police and regulate the importation and distribution of codeine than to outright ban it.

Our system is bad
Oga Dem no dey import codeine
No come dey form deep for here
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by guru90: 1:43pm On May 03, 2018
oyetunder:
undecided and the destruction igbo has done to many lives are still visible also. This is what you get when you have a society where they do not know the true definitions of icons.

Next time... read your statement very well before you dropped it...

Be warned!!!!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY IGBO'S DESTRUCTION?
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by oyetunder(m): 1:45pm On May 03, 2018
guru90:

Next time... read your statement very well before you dropped it...

Be warned!!!!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY IGBO'S DESTRUCTION?
Sorry. Igbo in Yoruba generally means hard drugs
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by guru90: 1:47pm On May 03, 2018
oyetunder:
Sorry. Igbo in Yoruba generally means hard drugs

thanks for your clarification....
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by SirClad: 1:47pm On May 03, 2018
NoMoreTrolling:

I'm not killing anybody
I'm not harming anybody

Well that’s ur opinion tho, but what you don’t understand is a lot of people abuse it after smoke it, not every one can control the sprite of weed in thier body without cuzin problem with it, especially those Agbero guys would absuse it more if ever legalize in Nigeria.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 1:51pm On May 03, 2018
Roger3D:
Nobody said anything about reducing trafficking to a zero.That would be an impossibility. Its to serve as a deterrent and also rid the planet of[b] one more dealer[/b].

Okay, it's more about the blood lust then. Nice one. I hope you send in your application to be an executioner.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row / Why Kizz Daniel And Reekado Banks Are Not In Good Terms / Young Politician Lucky Omenka Dedicates Child, House In Grand Style In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.