Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row (37484 Views)

Empress Njamah, Friends Hold Candle Night For Ada Ameh: Chris Morgan To Minister / Cynthia Morgan To Jude Okoye: I Never Begged You For A Deal (Pix) / Cynthia Morgan To Eniola Badmus: It’s Your Loss Not Collecting Money From Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by WesternOrbit: 3:00pm On Mar 09, 2021
Piers Morgan has left his role as a presenter at Good Morning Britain, ITV has announced.

In a statement, ITV said: "Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.

"ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add."

The announcement comes after broadcasting regulator Ofcom launched an investigation after it received more than 41,000 complaints regarding comment made by the presenter following Harry and Meghan's interview with Oprah Winfrey.

After a clip aired of Meghan discussing her issues with mental health and suicidal thoughts and royal official’s knowledge of them, Morgan said during Monday’s programme: “I’m sorry, I don’t believe a word she says.

Piers Morgan storms off Good Morning Britain following heated discussion with co-presenter Alex Beresford

“I wouldn’t believe her if she read me a weather report.”

An Ofcom spokesperson said: “We have launched an investigation into Monday’s episode of Good Morning Britain under our harm and offence rules.”

During Tuesday’s programme, Morgan addressed his comments about Meghan’s mental health.

He said: “When we talked about this yesterday, I said as an all-encompassing thing I don’t believe what Meghan Markle is saying generally in this interview, and I still have serious concerns about the veracity of a lot of what she said.

“But let me just state on the record my position about mental illness and on suicide. These are clearly extremely serious things that should be taken extremely seriously, and if someone is feeling that way they should get the treatment and help they need every time."

Morgan also stormed off set on Tuesday after co-presenter Alex Beresford branded his behaviour "diabolical" following his controversial remarks.

Speaking about the death of Diana, the 55-year-old former newspaper editor said Harry "couldn't let it go", but "William went through the same thing and he's managed to come to terms with the media and he works with the media".

Weather presenter Beresford then interjected and said the Royal couple had "had an overwhelming amount of negative press".

"There was bad press around the engagement... and everything that has followed since."

He added this had "been incredibly damaging, quite clearly, to Meghan’s mental health and also to Harry...

“And I hear Piers say William has gone through the same thing but, do you know what, siblings experience tragedy in their life and one will be absolutely fine and brush it off and the other will not be able to deal with it so strongly and that is clearly what has happened with Harry in this situation.

“He walked behind his mother’s coffin at a tender, tender age in front of the globe. That is going to shape a young boy for the rest of his life, so I think we all need to take a step back, and I understand that you don’t like Meghan Markle, you’ve made it so clear a number of times on this programme…”

“And I understand you’ve got a personal relationship with Meghan Markle or had one and she cut you off.

"She’s entitled to cut you off if she wants to. Has she said anything about you since she cut you off?

"I don’t think she has but yet you continue to trash her…”

Morgan then stood up and said: “OK, I’m done with this” and walked off set, saying: “Sorry, no… sorry, can’t do this…” as he stormed off set as Beresford called his actions "diabolical behaviour".
https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-09/piers-morgan-to-leave-good-morning-britain-following-meghan-markle-row

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 8:21pm On Mar 09, 2021
Good riddance

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 09, 2021
Mtcheeew.
Wetin concern African boy with yeye Royal family.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by kramer: 8:21pm On Mar 09, 2021
Finally! The man is so unprofessional!

When someone says that she feels like killing herself and you reply that you “don’t believe her” then you’re causing a major mental health problem

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by NwaNimo1(m): 8:21pm On Mar 09, 2021

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by BRATISLAVA: 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
Hopefully all those crying racism over a woman who isn't even truly black will feel happy. You guys love bandwagons and the feeling of being "woke" more than you understand what you really want.

Only on this forum you hear that all white people are "bloody racists" and scheming against blacks day and night, nevermind that sounds very racist like what they try to condemn.

The perpetual Nigerian victimhood in a land where there are more whites than blacks, but they enjoy the privilege of the opposite when they are in Nigeria. The irony. Never once does it cross their minds that people just don't like people and it isn't always about their color.

Don't worry, all the whites will vacate their seats so that you can feel superior. It won't be racism. Your race will deserve it, just like theirs felt they do. The unending cycle.

What really do angry blacks want from whites? Heal, so that you don't filter everything through your wounds.

If you don't have salient points, don't quote with black superiority BS or the usual balderdash.

108 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by transfer101: 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
Royal rumble

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by chinwezdasilva: 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
Their business, na part or entire family keep Nigeria for where dem Dey if dem like make the royal family burn I don’t care, I Dey try arrange myself for something good

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
white crackers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by danielblessing(m): 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
Oh no
Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by Help2020: 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
I don't knw them..let's talk about Nigeria and forget this oyibo people

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 09, 2021
He got a taste of his own medicine, but he will be fine.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by mach7(m): 8:23pm On Mar 09, 2021
His Opinion, their choice.
Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by StandardJohn(m): 8:23pm On Mar 09, 2021
Racism has always been in the blood of a white man. it can only be treated from the toddling years.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by g4everybody(m): 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2021
tongue
Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by Ekealterego: 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2021
Piers Morgan is a strong conservative. Na people wey no know him views go dey vex.

Him dey give everybody hot, transgender o, glorifying fatness, extremist O, extremist feminist O, or anybody wey want change the culture, customs and traditions and he is unapologetic about it. Him dey give everybody hot hot.. He was on the side of Meghan at first until he found out who Meghan actually was.

He questions unnecessary changes in the society. E be like freeze of the UK.

He will not find any issues at all landing a good deal somewhere else.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by Felabrity: 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
Just one small issue

Guess he is already made even till his demise

2 Likes

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by Mayor21(m): 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
So Piers can't take a single dose of what he gives?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by Lulusticlacla: 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
This noisemaker again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by sammysmiles(m): 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2021
Private matters made public...
Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by MrIcredible: 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2021
cchub:
white crackers
White or PALE/PINK?

1 Like

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 09, 2021
When you obsess over a woman who will not choose or love you, this is what you get.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by TolulopeO884: 8:27pm On Mar 09, 2021
The announcement comes after broadcasting regulator Ofcom launched an investigation after it received more than 41,000 complaints regarding comment made by the presenter following Harry and Meghan's interview with Oprah Winfrey.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by Temptee101(m): 8:28pm On Mar 09, 2021
Civilized society.

Country that works.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by SouthSouth1914: 8:28pm On Mar 09, 2021
British royal family be misbehaving like touts! Everything evil that happens in this world is carried out by Britain and his sister country the US of A.

Thank God racism came out to hit at them like a boomerang! Even the British royal house can discriminate against one of his own.., what a world!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Piers Morgan To Leave Good Morning Britain Following Meghan Markle Row by PAWG(m): 8:28pm On Mar 09, 2021
StandardJohn:
Racism has always been in the blood of a white man. it can only be treated from the toddling years.

Trash

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Leave Gays Alone - Alexx Ekubo / Evangelist Victor Edet Warns Tope Alabi To Stop Using Wigs, Makeup, Earrings / Timi Dakolo, His Wife And Their Kids All Dressed Up For Cultural Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.