Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Advice Is Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Is Needed (660 Views)

If You're Between 20 To 29yr Old, This Advice Is For You. / Please Your Advice Is Needed Here. / Your Advice Is Urgently Needed! Help An Undergraduate Nairalander Career Life! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Is Needed by Reeoman: 2:43pm On May 03, 2018
Pls fellow NL... I have somethng that is really bothering me over here and i will need little assistance and advice pls.
I am studying computer science and we are given letter to do IT.. But the place my parent want me to do the IT is one big firm in ILORIN(femtech).. And there they are like i will have to register for a course but when i check all their course i picked networking and engineering but i noticed that after 3 weeks into the programme we are only doing engineering and i do computer science not engineering. So my questiuon z can i still continue the Engineering for my IT? I mean can i do computer engineering for my IT as a computer science student? Pls ur advice is really needed as i need to submit my log book to ITF office as soon as possible
Re: Advice Is Needed by Hafeexla(m): 5:31pm On May 03, 2018
Re: Advice Is Needed by scarplanet(m): 3:12am On May 04, 2018
Computer Science is far different from Computer Engineering. You aren't an engineer in the making, neither would you be awarded with B.Eng Certificate; so studying computer engineering is way outside your field.
Still there is something u should bear in mind:
The real purpose of the ITF scheme is to expose student on industrial and practical experience as relevant to their course of study. Still, you'll find most students doing their IT way outside their field (example is a microbiology student doing IT in a bank).
If you don't really care much about having industrial experience in core computing, then u might as well continue. Else, you might want to switch courses and do something more practical.

Can you list all the courses offered at femtech? We could ponder on this together
Re: Advice Is Needed by Reeoman: 2:29pm On May 05, 2018
scarplanet:
Computer Science is far different from Computer Engineering. You aren't an engineer in the making, neither would you be awarded with B.Eng Certificate; so studying computer engineering is way outside your field.
Still there is something u should bear in mind:
The real purpose of the ITF scheme is to expose student on industrial and practical experience as relevant to their course of study. Still, you'll find most students doing their IT way outside their field (example is a microbiology student doing IT in a bank).
If you don't really care much about having industrial experience in core computing, then u might as well continue. Else, you might want to switch courses and do something more practical.

Can you list all the courses offered at femtech? We could ponder on this together

they offer course like CISCO CCNA, JAVA, WEB DEVELOPMENT, ORACLE.... but I am kinda familiar w8th Java and web development
Re: Advice Is Needed by scarplanet(m): 12:34am On May 09, 2018
Reeoman:

they offer course like CISCO CCNA, JAVA, WEB DEVELOPMENT, ORACLE.... but I am kinda familiar w8th Java and web development

Do they offer courses like mobile development, C# and/or Big Data Analytics? If they do, consider one or more

(1) (Reply)

Entry-level Bank Teller At Lington & Bernie Consulting Limited / Apply Now: Jim Ovia Scholarship Program 2019 / Intensive Training Electrical, Instrumentation And Automation In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.