Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) (45187 Views)

Terrifying Mudslides As Highway Collapses In Canada ( Pics, Video) / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses Onto Washington DC Highway, Injuring Several People / 8 Shot Dead, Multiple Wounded At Fedex Facility, Indianapolis - US Police (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by pol23: 10:00pm On May 03, 2018
Hmmm.
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by Enskynelson(m): 10:01pm On May 03, 2018
Is this recently? This has happened somewhere about 3years ago. I hope it is just similar and not an old news.
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by Talknochip(m): 10:02pm On May 03, 2018
Wen guys discovered d event took place in d US!

Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by vikstandon(m): 10:03pm On May 03, 2018
We need such flying cash in Nigeria most especially on Kingsway Road GRA- Let it be a Bullion Van routing CBN.

Until it happens... Please find out if I would pick up papers littering Nigerian Roads.
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by Alejoc(m): 10:04pm On May 03, 2018
Somebody lucky day!
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by lonelydora: 10:05pm On May 03, 2018
Oh Lord please butter my bread this way in Nigeria someday....Amen
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by dele31: 10:05pm On May 03, 2018
Even in America, people can be so corrupt to the point of picking free money. Corruption is every where after all, if this was to happen in Nigeria, am sure some people will say that it can never happen in America.
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by sojikul(m): 10:07pm On May 03, 2018
I have witness it twice in Lagos one at kete and one at oshodi but it was happen that bullion van was on fire but the police protect the money at oshodi but that of ketu obey no be small thing o
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by Newboss(m): 10:07pm On May 03, 2018
julioralph:

Even in America shocked
LWKMD angry
angry
LMAO angry

What were you expecting? angry
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by CarlosTheJackal: 10:11pm On May 03, 2018
In Nigeria there will be gun battle between Different Police forces on who should oversee the investigation of picking the money sorry arresting the money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by seankay(m): 10:12pm On May 03, 2018
Chai! Why no be when i dey that side this kind thing happen na cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by smith666999(m): 10:13pm On May 03, 2018
all those wishing it could have happened in 9ja, una kn how many ppl wey for collect bullets?

smh
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by Horus(m): 10:21pm On May 03, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Xl5TUHXoo

Woman describes scene along Indy highway after armored truck loses bags full of cash
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by stopthecycle: 10:25pm On May 03, 2018
julioralph:
Even in America shocked
e tire me my brother. people are the same everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by cosmos1440: 10:30pm On May 03, 2018
around July last year 2 trucks smuggling vegetable oil (ororo) from Benin Republic into Nigeria lost control, veered off the bad road and sank into a swamp beside the road in Ado-Odo, Ogun State. This happened before 5am in the morning.
You need to see how the whole town including the police came out with all types of containers ( bottles, kegs, bowls, basins, buckets, pots, etc) to scoop free ororo. In short the whole town was practically locked down from dawn till dusk.
So just watch out, you never can tell when a bullion van will . . .

2 Likes

Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by maxim2015(f): 10:36pm On May 03, 2018
This is a scam format..
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by Debazent: 10:38pm On May 03, 2018
Why not Nigeria, check below
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by fennels007(m): 10:42pm On May 03, 2018
Did u change the story?

[/i][i]
Explorers:
Police clamored to pick up cash on an interstate in Indianapolis after the back doors of a Brinks armored truck swung open, causing hundreds of thousands of dollars to fly out.

Video taken by drivers at the scene shows money scattered along the highway.

The Brinks truck driver told authorities that it wasn't until another driver waved at him and pointed to the back of his truck that he realized the door was not secure and had opened.

Officers blocked traffic as they helped collect money from along the highway.

'Bags of money were falling out of the back onto the interstate,' said Indiana State Police Corporal Brock McCooe.'

Sort of something out of a movie scene, where you have bills, loose bills flying all over the interstate, vehicles stopping, people getting out of their cars.'

[/i][b][/b][i]
In another video, a woman is heard talking with other passengers in the car as she records several officials picking up the money.

'That makes no sense,' the woman says as she watches the officers stuff money into bags.

Troopers told Fox 59 that people were even jumping over fences from a nearby neighborhood to grab money.

Perrine says anyone who picked up the money could be charged with theft and he urged them to contact state police to return it.

Authorities said they are looking for the school bus driver who stopped to grab cash before driving away from the scene.

They are also looking for four individuals in a white pickup truck, pulling a utility trailer, who took a whole bag of money.
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by Kosoco(m): 10:47pm On May 03, 2018
julioralph:

Even in America shocked
lol

1 Like

Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by ubox: 10:48pm On May 03, 2018
emmanuelpopson:
such can only happen in sane lands such as USA and not here...

So making such errors is okay in your presumed sane land, such errors can't happen in Nigeria in the first place.
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by SavageMajor(m): 10:49pm On May 03, 2018
You said naira in title
And changed it to dollar in post
You are a true legend man

1 Like

Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by nanzozo(m): 10:53pm On May 03, 2018
Explorers:
State police said drivers clamored to pick up cash on an interstate in Indianapolis after the back doors of a Brinks armored truck swung open, causing hundreds of thousands of dollars to fly out.

Sgt John Perrine, state police spokesman, said investigators don't know exactly how much cash was in the truck when its lost its load around 9am Wednesday on Interstate 70 on the city's southwest side.

Troopers at the scene initially said up to $600,000 had flown across the interstate, but police later said the exact amount was not known.

But Perrine said it was definitely hundreds of thousands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24qFoPkOUjk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5683841/Brinks-truck-drops-thousands-dollars-Indiana-highway.html
That's how I want my street to look like, omo see decoration of street
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by Akaujaa(m): 10:56pm On May 03, 2018
Look at them, naija youth, saying "why is it not here na". They want cheap money but call them lazy youth, e go pain them reach bone.
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by gift01: 11:06pm On May 03, 2018
Around this time last year this same thing happened here in Lagos. According to my neighbour who witnessed it he said a car coming from Cotonou got into a ditch and its booth opened only for cash to fly out and litter the road. The car occupants didn't know that some of the cash spilled but the road was locked down cos people scampered for free cash on the highway be you big or small. He came home with about 26k that night. He didn't even go where he was going to originally. Things like this can happen at anytime or place
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by Paschy88(m): 11:25pm On May 03, 2018
Who's the idiot that took those pictures?? Instead of you to dey pick money, you dey snap pinshure
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by oyetpel(m): 12:30am On May 04, 2018
NtoAkwaIbom:
Read the comments here and you see that the problem in this country is not with the top... But the problem is in the general lack of morals in our system...

Na so everybody wan pick d money.... Thieves everywhr in this country

Lack of money can make people loose their morals.

We all know government of 1st world countries take care of their citizens unlike here. So the problem is still from the top
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by Burgerlomo: 12:55am On May 04, 2018
Chepos1:
Y no be here Na?

1 Like

Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by stjudas(m): 1:12am On May 04, 2018
This kain free thing no dey Nigeria? Nonsense and ingredients.
How do I trek to USA, bikonu?
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by jamjam1991(m): 1:31am On May 04, 2018
God Don do am 4 dem biko do our own in Abuja.... Please let our own be stolen govt funds grin grin grin
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by HtwoOw: 4:49am On May 04, 2018
Becareful what you wish for

Last time something like that happened in Boston, it was followed by deadly act of terrorism

Nothing is totally free
priceaction:
Why not in Nigeria, precisely my street.
Re: Truck Spills Over ₦216million On Indianapolis Highway(Photos/Video) by TourismMan(m): 6:24am On May 04, 2018
May be that door was Aba made

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger / Top 10 Longest-serving African Presidents / China Deploys 6 Warships To Middle East Over Fears Israel Crisis Could Spark WW3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.