Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Exhortation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exhortation (353 Views)

His Word Is Everything - Exhortation / Prop. Abiara giving a word of exhortation at The Service in honour of T Joshua / Exhortation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exhortation by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 7:32pm On May 04, 2018
Exhortation

Why are we thanking God in this commission this week?

We are giving Him thanks for the unusual growth that we have experienced- supernatural church growth.

Psalms 127:1 Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

Acts 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

Increase of a congregation is absolutely the hands of God at work.

Jeremiah 30:19 And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry:

and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.

Acts 6:7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly;

and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

The multiplier God is the one behind the church growth agenda of this church, and we must recognise Him and give him thanks.

He has been our multiplier all through the years and we must respond by giving thanks.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Psalms 118:23 This is the LORD's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

Only God has the capacity to do these marvelous things; to draw souls to himself

We are not the only ones in town, yet he has chosen to remain with us, we must respond with thanksgiving

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jesus is the one behind this awesome experience. Nothing can stop Jesus from building his church.

He must not ask for our appreciation before we willingly give him.

Luke 17:17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?

There is no expert church builder anywhere. There are only those that know the Master builder and how to engage him. So thank Him

And, thanksgiving is not optional but mandatory, if you don't want your blessings to be turned into curses.

Malachi 2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings...

Receive the garment of praise in Jesus name.

Amen

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Leave The Earthly Realm / Different Kinds Of People You Meet In A Nigerian Church. / Church Where 2 Boys Were Beaten For 12 Hours!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.