Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

The Ignorance Of Generational Curse & How It Is Affecting My Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ignorance Of Generational Curse & How It Is Affecting My Marriage (602 Views)

Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? / My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True? / Exposing the ignorance of atheism through simple class five poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ignorance Of Generational Curse & How It Is Affecting My Marriage by Samuelgr8: 9:42am On May 05, 2018
The story below is generating serious controversy. I want to here your sincere opinion as Christians

Dear Jzhane,

How are you. Congratulations on your blog,I would say you have done very well. My wife sends her regards. Yes,my wife.haha…me and Ese got married last month and we thank God for this. You have my permission to post our story because we want to expose what is going on and hopefully help put an end to the stigma that is going on in our society.

Ese and I went to the same primary school in Warri. She was a very pretty and intelligent girl. But I was a very timid little boy so I never had the courage to talk to her. But as a little boy,I used to imagine that she was my girlfriend: she was my crush. As fate would have it,we ran into each other several years later. This time,I had become a very successful surgeon in the United States. I met Ese during a party thrown by a mutual Nigerian friend.I didnt waste my time to shoot my shot. Luckily for me,Ese was single. We dated for almost a year before I asked her to marry me. I must say,I am the luckiest man alive to be with such a smart lady as Ese.

So what is the problem you may ask? When I informed my people that I was going to get married to Ese,they told me they would look into her family background to ensure that she was from a well brought up home. They came back to say that I could not marry Ese cos they found out that something is wrong with the men that get married into that family. From their research,Ese’s grandfather died of mental illness,her Uncle ran mad and stripped in the market while Ese’s own father also died of a strange illness,hence the family is cursed. They rumored that all the men in that family always end up with one type of sickness or the other or even end up dead mysteriously.

With this discovery,my family insisted that I could not get married to Ese. Well,I didnt listen to them. I am a christian,even if I am not a serious one. I do not in any way believe that Ese’s lineage is cursed. Even Ese is a better christian than I am. In as much as it was sad,I and Ese visited her parents and did our traditional marriage rites in February. None of my family members attended the ceremony. Only my elder sister who lives in Canada attended our wedding in the US. Even as educated as my elder sister is,she is a Lawyer practicing in Canada.
Re: The Ignorance Of Generational Curse & How It Is Affecting My Marriage by Seun(m): 10:05am On May 05, 2018
Update: it seems they are already legally married so the suggestion below applies to others who aren’t yet married.

This is a medical matter. Some medical conditions are hereditary, but there is nothing spiritual about that. Let your fiancée go through a comprehensive medical examination including testing for genetic diseases. If they find no cause for concern, marry her without hesitation. If they do, try to figure out whether the medical challenge is curable or manageable. If you know that you can’t be a good husband to her in sickness and in health, that’s unfortunate, but be honest about it.

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Ignorance Of Generational Curse & How It Is Affecting My Marriage by Itzonlyme(f): 10:13am On May 05, 2018
Why diverting the story to a blog? Looking for traffic? Oh just wasted my mb cry[color=#550000][/color]
Re: The Ignorance Of Generational Curse & How It Is Affecting My Marriage by Samuelgr8: 10:26am On May 05, 2018
Sorry ma, you know the reason why and i tut you should be your brothers keeper. Anyway, am hoping that soon my stories will be going to the front page when i meet up with Seun condition and you will see less of the stories here.
Itzonlyme:
Why diverting the story to a blog? Looking for traffic? Oh just wasted my mb cry[color=#550000][/color]
Re: The Ignorance Of Generational Curse & How It Is Affecting My Marriage by Itzonlyme(f): 12:31pm On May 05, 2018
Samuelgr8:
Sorry ma, you know the reason why and i tut you should be your brothers keeper. Anyway, am hoping that soon my stories will be going to the front page when i meet up with Seun condition and you will see less of the stories here.
OK..good luck
Re: The Ignorance Of Generational Curse & How It Is Affecting My Marriage by z11111: 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2018
Hmm

1 Like

Re: The Ignorance Of Generational Curse & How It Is Affecting My Marriage by CodeTemplar: 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2018
Generation curse is real but the issue of madness and strange illness could also be from a wicked one close to that family or even coincidence.
Re: The Ignorance Of Generational Curse & How It Is Affecting My Marriage by Samuelgr8: 11:42pm On Jul 10, 2018
True talk
CodeTemplar:
Generation curse is real but the issue of madness and strange illness could also be from a wicked one close to that family or even coincidence.

(1) (Reply)

Can Any Muslim Answer These Questions? / Why Are You Not In Church Now? / Please Teach Me How To Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.