Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

‘how My Father Was Against My Music’ _ Wizkid - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘how My Father Was Against My Music’ _ Wizkid (491 Views)

My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni / Kemi Olunloyo: "My Father Was A Ritualist, Adeboye & Oyedepo Were Drug Dealers" / Olakunle Churchill's Father Was Obasanjo's Gardener - Tonto Dikeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘how My Father Was Against My Music’ _ Wizkid by kinzhealth: 2:33am On May 06, 2018
Award-winning Nigerian artiste, Wizkid recently had a chat with Jasmine Dotiwala of British television station, Channel 4, where he talked about his plans to conquer the international music market, how his father was initially against his music. He disclosed that his father was – in the early days – was averse to his music career, adding that his father wanted him to stay at home and study rather than go to record in the studio. “My Dad used to fight me every time. ‘Don’t go to the studio, stay at home and study’. I just had my dreams and I followed them here. But now, people take pictures with him on the streets,” he told Channel 4. “He’s just so proud, and that’s my joy to make them happy.” On Afrobeats and Afropop sounds influencing the Western music.

http://silicongist.com.ng/2017/04/15/how-my-father-was-against-my-music/
Re: ‘how My Father Was Against My Music’ _ Wizkid by kinzhealth: 2:34am On May 06, 2018
kinzhealth:
Award-winning
Nigerian artiste, Wizkid recently had a chat with Jasmine Dotiwala of
British television station, Channel 4, where he talked about his plans
to conquer the international music market, how his father was initially
against his music.
He disclosed that his father was – in the early
days – was averse to his music career, adding that his father wanted
him to stay at home and study rather than go to record in the studio.
“My
Dad used to fight me every time. ‘Don’t go to the studio, stay at home
and study’. I just had my dreams and I followed them here. But now,
people take pictures with him on the streets,” he told Channel 4. “He’s
just so proud, and that’s my joy to make them happy.”
On Afrobeats and Afropop sounds influencing the Western music.

said “ Music
is a universal language, you don’t need to understand what someone is
saying to feel the music or love the music. For me, I feel like it’s
just gonna bring this industry (Afrobeats) mainstream. It’s going to do a
lot, it’s going to contribute, and probably take over the world.”
“Everyone
has a little bit of Afropop sound-inspired. Look at Drake on his last
album (“Views”), look at Alicia Keys with what she is doing right now
with the sound on ‘In common’. Everything is coming back home.” Wizkid
asserted that music is the only source of joy for people on the African
continent, adding that it is what endears Africa to the world.

(1) (Reply)

'baba, No Use Your Irrelevance Stain Me', Sarz Slams K-solo Over Headies / 2 Chainz Proposed To Kesha Ward At The Met Gala, And She Said Yes / Tina Knowles Check What She Said About Beyoncee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.