Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot (15459 Views)

Woman Got Burnt As Gas Cylinder Explodes While Using Her Phone (Graphic photos) / How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat / Nigerian Man Recounts How A Strangers Rudely Ask For His Charger While Using It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by NaijaTechGuy(m): 4:01am On May 06, 2018
Do you sometimes wonder why it seems your phone actually browses faster than your laptop that's connected to its Hotspot?

The reason for this is simple - The bandwidth of the Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi Hotspots usually have 2 bandwidths on mobile devices - 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz.

I know by looking at both figures you've guessed that 5.0GHz will be the faster one. You're not wrong but there's actually a catch to it. It has do with physics - waves in particular. I'll try to explain it in a way you'll understand.

5GHz provides faster data rates at a shorter distance while 2.4GHz offers coverage for farther distances, but may perform at slower speeds.

Range

The main reason for this is that higher frequency signals cannot penetrate solid objects like walls and floors as well as lower frequency signals. Thus, the 2.4 GHz has a farther range than the 5 GHz frequency.

Bandwidth

Higher bandwidth means that files will download and upload faster, and high-bandwidth applications such as streaming video will perform much smoother and faster

Higher frequencies increase transmission of data, also known as bandwidth. Therefore, the 5GHz with its higher bandwidth will provide much faster data connections than 2.4 GHz.

Most devices only use the 2.4 GHz frequency, and these devices are all attempting to use the same “radio space” which can cause overcrowding of the channels. The 5GHz band has 23 available channels for devices to use vs the 3 available on the 2.4 GHz band. I can't really say if the 5.0GHz is available on all smartphones but if you're lucky to have it on your device. It's worth trying out. If you're having issues discovering the Wi-Fi on 5.0GHz switch back to 2.4GHz

So, which should you choose, 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz?

• If faster speeds are most important to you, 5GHz is usually a better choice than 2.4 GHz.

• If the wireless range is more important to you, 2.4 GHz is usually a better choice than 5 GHz

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2018/05/how-to-get-faster-browsing-speed-while.html

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by dimexy247(m): 4:04am On May 06, 2018
Ok
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by dkronicle(m): 8:04am On May 06, 2018
Learn 1 today. But it will kill my battery wella

1 Like

Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:53am On May 06, 2018
dkronicle:
Learn 1 today. But it will kill my battery wella
Best used when plugged in

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by clems93(m): 6:11pm On May 06, 2018
NICE ONE.
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by femi4: 7:27pm On May 06, 2018
Summary: V = fλ
The higher the frequency, the lower the wavelength and vise versa

34 Likes

Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:48pm On May 06, 2018
femi4:
physics student grin

12 Likes

Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 06, 2018
Works just like Light wave.
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by fredie107(m): 1:59am On May 07, 2018
tried it but my wife couldn't connect wit her phone not until I changed it back to 2.4ghz

1 Like

Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:53am On May 07, 2018
fredie107:
tried it but my wife couldn't connect wit her phone not until I changed it back to 2.4ghz

Her device doesn't support high bandwidth

1 Like

Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by fredie107(m): 11:00am On May 07, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

Her device doesn't support high bandwidth

Ok

1 Like

Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:09am On May 09, 2018
aaronson:
Works just like Light wave.
yh
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by HerXLNC(f): 7:30am On May 09, 2018
Are you serious?

Yes I got your attention
Check my signature and avoid paying more
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by indomitable234: 7:31am On May 09, 2018
2.4ghz has 11 channels to choose from
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by Nobody: 7:32am On May 09, 2018
femi4:
wrong lipsrsealed
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by jogsman01(m): 7:33am On May 09, 2018
My laptop is not receiving Wi-Fi signal from my phone, and it does receive from other phone. Meanwhile, other laptop receive signal from my phone. How do I go about this�
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by phoenix45(m): 7:34am On May 09, 2018
micheal ma guy
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by Nobody: 7:34am On May 09, 2018
Abeg, I know the hz to be hertz. Is g grams, or gigas, or...
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by 9aiboard: 7:35am On May 09, 2018
Very informative

@ priceurb
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by tenmariner: 7:35am On May 09, 2018
V=f landa
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by TheEminentLaity: 7:38am On May 09, 2018
Great! Can you tweak on a modem?
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by Nairalandmentor(m): 7:38am On May 09, 2018
thanks op

Need a website design? Get started without advanced payments. Check my signature
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by rahl12(m): 7:41am On May 09, 2018
[b][/b]Please nairalanders, I need a job. I am a graduate of mechanical engineering. I am a serving in kwara state, will be passing out at the beginning of next month. Please I need your help as I am willing to work in any film within or outside the state. Please help a brother. I have experience in operation various of machines.

PLEASE HELP BROTHER HERE.

HERE IS MY EMAIL: robert11marshall@gmail.comPlease nairalanders, I need a job. I am a graduate of mechanical engineering. I am a serving in kwara state, will be passing out at the beginning of next month. Please I need your help as I am willing to work in any film within or outside the state. Please help a brother. I have experience in operation various of machines.

HERE IS MY EMAIL: robert11marshall@gmail.com
Please nairalanders, I need a job. I am a graduate of mechanical engineering. I am a serving in kwara state, will be passing out at the beginning of next month. Please I need your help as I am willing to work in any film within or outside the state. Please help a brother. I have experience in operation various of machines.

HERE IS MY EMAIL: robert11marshall@gmail.com
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by Nobody: 7:42am On May 09, 2018
Can't find those options on iPhone
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by miketayo(m): 7:45am On May 09, 2018
It still doesn't give u faster browsing speed, only ur ISP can give u a faster browsing speed
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by pooozeee(m): 7:45am On May 09, 2018
The rate of data consumption would be more in 5GHz compared to the 2.4GHz

please note f = 1/T thetefore
v = λ/T

1 Like

Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by Uzoezeamugo: 7:48am On May 09, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:
Do you sometimes wonder why it seems your phone actually browses faster than your laptop that's connected to its Hotspot?

The reason for this is simple - The bandwidth of the Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi Hotspots usually have 2 bandwidths on mobile devices - 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz.

I know by looking at both figures you've guessed that 5.0GHz will be the faster one. You're not wrong but there's actually a catch to it. It has do with physics - waves in particular. I'll try to explain it in a way you'll understand.

5GHz provides faster data rates at a shorter distance while 2.4GHz offers coverage for farther distances, but may perform at slower speeds.

Range

The main reason for this is that higher frequency signals cannot penetrate solid objects like walls and floors as well as lower frequency signals. Thus, the 2.4 GHz has a farther range than the 5 GHz frequency.

Bandwidth

Higher bandwidth means that files will download and upload faster, and high-bandwidth applications such as streaming video will perform much smoother and faster

Higher frequencies increase transmission of data, also known as bandwidth. Therefore, the 5GHz with its higher bandwidth will provide much faster data connections than 2.4 GHz.

Most devices only use the 2.4 GHz frequency, and these devices are all attempting to use the same “radio space” which can cause overcrowding of the channels. The 5GHz band has 23 available channels for devices to use vs the 3 available on the 2.4 GHz band. I can't really say if the 5.0GHz is available on all smartphones but if you're lucky to have it on your device. It's worth trying out. If you're having issues discovering the Wi-Fi on 5.0GHz switch back to 2.4GHz

So, which should you choose, 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz?

• If faster speeds are most important to you, 5GHz is usually a better choice than 2.4 GHz.

• If the wireless range is more important to you, 2.4 GHz is usually a better choice than 5 GHz

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2018/05/how-to-get-faster-browsing-speed-while.html
What I have on my phone is Ipv4, and Ipv4 &Ipv6.What will I do about it?
Re: How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot by CoTenant: 8:05am On May 09, 2018
MAKE ₦20,000 MONTHLY LETTING A ROOM IN YOUR APARTMENT TO NYSC MEMBERS OR STUDENTS NEAR YOU ON https://cotenant.com.ng/add-your-listing/ FOR FREE NOW !!!

YOU CAN OFFER SHORT LETS IN YOUR HOME FOR A MONTH OR TWO FOR TRAVELLERS

EQUALLY IF YOU HAVE AN EMPTY SPACE IN YOUR BUSINESS SPACE SHARE WITH PEOPLE EXAMPLE AN HAIR DRESSER SHARING HER SHOP WITH A BARBER FOR A LITTLE FEE

YOU JUST MADE MONEY AND SAVED MONEY

IT SIMPLE AND FREE

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO GET STARTED TODAY

https://cotenant.com.ng/add-your-listing/

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Long Should You Charge Your Phone The First Time After Buying It? / Blackberry Unlocking Services / Download Mymtnapp And Get 500mb Free Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.