Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) (3445 Views)

DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) / The Igbos From Benin / Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) by unknownsolja: 7:23am On May 08, 2018
cooljude:

Mumu. Did we argue about Ethopia, we were discussing Igbo. I agree I made a mistake using the word BLACK. You capitalised on that flop knowing fully well that Igbos ain't Jew.

Yes, their are ethnic Ethiopian Jews and alot of them have relocated to Israel. I have read research about them and I saw a documentary about the arch of covenant being kept in Ethiopia ( it hasn't been proven ) smuggled by Jews escaping persecution.

My last reply to you is that Igbos are not Jews. If you like rant, insult till eternity, I no go answer you again.

you see that part...shows that you are a pure mumu...get lost and go and get ready for school before teacher go flog you...shut up some igbo are jews..kill yourself
Re: Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) by unknownsolja: 7:27am On May 08, 2018
AdaFonju:

shameless judas

4eyed jezebel shut up
Re: Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 08, 2018
Olu317:
The etymology of Yoruba language is a derivative of combination of words,which are collapsed into it purpose of meaning. And when there is need for the interpretation to English version, you find it necessary to explain it in the best fit. ILÉ( Land) Urisa–Orisa(God) m–mi(me). This is how it was formed. And you can either separate it or collapse it naturally into one pronunciation.
Understood. Is the option of combining them together only when it written in Latin script or can be used also in other scripts?
Re: Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) by Olu317(m): 8:55pm On May 08, 2018
Hati13:

Understood. Is the option of combining them together only when it written in Latin script or can be used also in other scripts?
It can be used either way.
Re: Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) by ednited(f): 10:33am On May 09, 2018
cooljude:

Yes, their are ethnic Ethiopian Jews and alot of them have relocated to Israel. I have read research about them and I saw a documentary about the arch of covenant being kept in Ethiopia ( it hasn't been proven ) smuggled by Jews.

It is in Ethiopia but no one is able to watch it except the guardian's who protect it. It is kept in Axum Tsion church in Axum city
Re: Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) by bigfrancis21: 12:45pm On May 09, 2018
In my own opinion, comparing any lost Jewish tribe (especially any one in Africa) with the modern day Jews is quite wrong because the modern day whitish-looking Jews are descendants of mass converts to the Judaism religion around the 10th century (Ashkenazi Jews). The current face associated with the Jews has not always been their ancestral/historical genetics. Ancient Hebrew were a black/brown-skinned group. Also, the Hebrews have not always called themselves by the word 'Jew'. They have always known themselves natively as 'ivri' and their language 'ivrit' (or maybe the reverse). Notice the similarity between the Igbo tribal name, Igbo and native Hebrew name in Hebrew language, 'ivri/ibri' and 'ivrit/ibrit'. Igbos use 'v' and 'b' interchangeably just as the Hebrews did/do. Ibu/Ivu (load), Abubu/Avuvu (feather) etc. are examples of such in Igbo language.

Traditional Igbo customs and tradition mirror the ancient Hebrew tradition in their very early days (as read in the Christian bible). The tradition of male circumcision after 8 days, the sanctity of women in their period, the tradition of the male's separate 'obi' and one each for their wives (called tents in the Christian Bible, one each for the male and his wives) down to the tradition of running to one's maternal origins for safety in times of danger (the stories of Biblical Jacob fleeing danger and escaping to his mother's side to live for several years before returning to Israel and that of Okonkwo running to his maternal village in Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart come to mind. In Igboland till today, one way of escaping punishment or danger in your father's land until things die down is to escape to your maternal side, or ikwu nne, where you are immune for the time being and not even your father's side can do anything to you while you are there) etc. Too many of them to mention. Olaudah Equiano, the ex-Igbo slave, born around 1745 who wrote his biography in the late 1700s wrote about this striking resemblance between both ancient cultures and such is not a co-incidence. There must have been a connection somewhere in the past.

The Igbo presence/their arrival in their current SE/SS region is one of the oldest arrivals in Southern Nigeria, even preceding the Yorubas and the Binis. Nri civilization first materialized before Ife and much later Bini kingdom. One popular origin of the tribal name, 'Igbo' is that it comes from 'Ndi Gboo' meaning 'ancient people' or people who have been in their present location for as early enough as possible.

Within Igbo language itself, the language has managed to maintain certain words/phrases that point to something interesting. For example, Igbos till today still say Chukwu Abiama. Some elderly Igbos are not too sure of what it means as some say that it may mean 'omnipresent God' whereas others say it is still a relic of the ancient Hebrew saying, 'God of Abram' (later christened Abraham in the Christian Bible).

Another phrase worthy of inspection is, 'Kemgbe Eri' or 'Kemgbe Eshi' that Igbos use to refer to 'long time ago'. For example,

'I mego ya?' (Have you done it?)
'Ehh, kemgbe eri' (Yes, long time ago).

Now taking a closer look at the phrase, 'kemgbe eri', both words singularly can be used to refer to the same thing. In areas around Onitsha, Ogbaru etc, they often use only 'Eri' to refer to 'since' or 'long time ago' (Eri m ji bia bee yi, Okwudili a ka nataro - Since I came to your house, Okwudili has not yet returned) and 'kemgbe only is enough to refer to 'since' as we do not need to say 'Kemgbe Eri' to refer to the same 'since' that each of them singularly refer to but strangely both are used in the same sentence. The coincidence between 'Eri' in the phrase and the legendary 'Eri' the progenitor of Nri and the entire Igbo is not ordinary. 'Kemgbe Eri' might be an ancient phrase stuck in modern times which may have originally referred to 'since Eri', that is 'long time ago', pointing to our possible early father, Eri.

Another word in Igboland which even some of our elders seem to not know the meaning is 'Ifite' as seen in some town names such as Ifite-Awka, OraIfite, Ifitedunu, Ihite-Nansa etc. Some say that 'Ifite' is an ancient word and bears similarity to 'Ivrit'.

1 Like

Re: Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) by bigfrancis21: 1:08pm On May 09, 2018
Below are some of the known traditions of Igbos in their ancient state before the coming of Christianity:

1. In Igboland a woman lives apart from their
husbands nor cooks for them or enters their
husband’s quarters when she is on her period, she
is seen as unclean . Even up till today such practice
is still applicable in some part of Igboland especially
by the traditionalist. Before a woman can enter the
palace of Obi of Onitsha , she will be asked if she is
on period, if yes, she will be asked to stay out.

Leviticus 15: 19-20
When a woman has her monthly period, she
remains unclean, anyone who touches her or
anything she has sat on becomes unclean.

2. An Igbo man’s ancestral heritage, called “Ana Obi” is not sellable, elders will not permit this. If this is somehow done due to the influence of the West the person is considered a fool and is ostracized by the community.

1 king 21:3
I inherited this vineyard from my ancestors, and the
lord forbid that I should sell it, said Naboth.

3. Igbos have practiced the taking a late brothers
wife into marriage after she had been widowed until
the white men came. Now it is rarely done but
except in very rural villages of the bush.

Deuteronomy 25:5
A widow of a dead man is not to married outside the family; it is the duty of the dead man's brother to marry her.

4. In Igboland, there is a unique form of
apprenticeship in which either a male family
member or a community member will spend six(6)
years (usually in their teens to their adulthood)
working for another family. And on the seventh year, the head of the host household, who is usually the older man who brought the apprentice into his
household, will establish (Igbo: idu) the apprentice
by either setting up a business for him or giving
money or tools by which to make a living.

Exodus 21:2
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve you for six
years. In the seventh year he is to be set free
without having to pay you anything.

5. In Igboland , the yam is very important to the Igbo as it is their staple crop. There are celebrations such as the New yam festival (Igbo: Iri Ji) which are held for the harvesting of the yam. New Yam festival (Igbo: Iri ji) is celebrated annually to secure a good harvest of the staple crop. Those old days it is an abomination for one to eat a new harvest before the festival. It's a tradition that you give the gods of the land first as a thanks given.

Deuteronomy 16:9
Count 7 weeks from the time that you begin to
harvest the crops, and celebrate the harvest festival
to honor the lord your God, by bringing him a
freewill offering in proportion to the blessing he has
given you. Celebrate in the lord's presence together
with your children, servants, foreigners . Be sure
that you obey my command, said the lord.

6. In Igboland it's a tradition that the male children
are circumcised on the 8th day. This tradition is still
practice till date.

Leviticus 12:3
On the eighth day, the child shall be circumcised.

7. In Igboland, there a practice known as "ile
omugwo ". After a woman has given birth to a child,
a very close and experienced relative of her, in most case her mother is required by tradition to come spend time with her and her husband. In which she is to do all the work of the wife, while the new mom’s only assignment to the baby will be to breastfeed. This goes on for a month or more. In the Igbo old tradition, at this time, the new mom lives apart from her husband, would not cook or enter his quarters.

Leviticus 12:1-4
For seven days after a woman gives birth, she is
ritually unclean as she is during her monthly period. It will be 33 days until she is ritually clean from the loss of blood; she is not to touch anything that is holy.

1 Like

Re: Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) by SlayerForever: 2:56pm On May 09, 2018
Nice one BigFrancis. The eri for since is present in my dialect. Interestingly I was munching on this fact a few days ago.
For me,on the Hebrew identity of the Igbo,it's a fact. What remains is just a matter of formal recognition.

1 Like

Re: Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) by unknownsolja: 6:16pm On May 09, 2018
bigfrancis21:
Below are some of the known traditions of Igbos in their ancient state before the coming of Christianity:

1. In Igboland a woman lives apart from their
husbands nor cooks for them or enters their
husband’s quarters when she is on her period, she
is seen as unclean . Even up till today such practice
is still applicable in some part of Igboland especially
by the traditionalist. Before a woman can enter the
palace of Obi of Onitsha , she will be asked if she is
on period, if yes, she will be asked to stay out.

Leviticus 15: 19-20
When a woman has her monthly period, she
remains unclean, anyone who touches her or
anything she has sat on becomes unclean.

2. An Igbo man’s ancestral heritage, called “Ana Obi” is not sellable, elders will not permit this. If this is somehow done due to the influence of the West the person is considered a fool and is ostracized by the community.

1 king 21:3
I inherited this vineyard from my ancestors, and the
lord forbid that I should sell it, said Naboth.

3. Igbos have practiced the taking a late brothers
wife into marriage after she had been widowed until
the white men came. Now it is rarely done but
except in very rural villages of the bush.

Deuteronomy 25:5
A widow of a dead man is not to married outside the family; it is the duty of the dead man's brother to marry her.

4. In Igboland, there is a unique form of
apprenticeship in which either a male family
member or a community member will spend six(6)
years (usually in their teens to their adulthood)
working for another family. And on the seventh year, the head of the host household, who is usually the older man who brought the apprentice into his
household, will establish (Igbo: idu) the apprentice
by either setting up a business for him or giving
money or tools by which to make a living.

Exodus 21:2
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve you for six
years. In the seventh year he is to be set free
without having to pay you anything.

5. In Igboland , the yam is very important to the Igbo as it is their staple crop. There are celebrations such as the New yam festival (Igbo: Iri Ji) which are held for the harvesting of the yam. New Yam festival (Igbo: Iri ji) is celebrated annually to secure a good harvest of the staple crop. Those old days it is an abomination for one to eat a new harvest before the festival. It's a tradition that you give the gods of the land first as a thanks given.

Deuteronomy 16:9
Count 7 weeks from the time that you begin to
harvest the crops, and celebrate the harvest festival
to honor the lord your God, by bringing him a
freewill offering in proportion to the blessing he has
given you. Celebrate in the lord's presence together
with your children, servants, foreigners . Be sure
that you obey my command, said the lord.

6. In Igboland it's a tradition that the male children
are circumcised on the 8th day. This tradition is still
practice till date.

Leviticus 12:3
On the eighth day, the child shall be circumcised.

7. In Igboland, there a practice known as "ile
omugwo ". After a woman has given birth to a child,
a very close and experienced relative of her, in most case her mother is required by tradition to come spend time with her and her husband. In which she is to do all the work of the wife, while the new mom’s only assignment to the baby will be to breastfeed. This goes on for a month or more. In the Igbo old tradition, at this time, the new mom lives apart from her husband, would not cook or enter his quarters.

Leviticus 12:1-4
For seven days after a woman gives birth, she is
ritually unclean as she is during her monthly period. It will be 33 days until she is ritually clean from the loss of blood; she is not to touch anything that is holy.

nice one
Re: Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) by cooljude(m): 8:40pm On May 09, 2018
ednited:

It is in Ethiopia but no one is able to watch it except the guardian's who protect it. It is kept in Axum Tsion church in Axum city

Interesting! The only things they showed where artifacts used during Jewish rituals and some relics. I honestly doubt if the remains of the arch is there.
Re: Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 10, 2018
cooljude:

Interesting! The only things they showed where artifacts used during Jewish rituals and some relics. I honestly doubt if the remains of the arch is there.
The claim that it’s in our possession has been around at least from medieval period. But considering that pre-6th century Israel history is fabrication and exaggeration, it’s highly probable that the Ark as it told by the Bible might not existed at all and the one in Ethiopia is the replica of the imagined Bible Ark.
Re: Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) by ednited(f): 5:14am On May 11, 2018
cooljude:

There are so many secrets kept in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, and only people very close to the Church knows the secret.

For example, we have a church constructed in here back in the 14th century (Lalibela). The reason why king Lalibela constructed it still remains a secret and only priest who work there knows it.

Every thing is complicated, if all the secrets were released, we could find out so many things in Ethiopia. But the reason why they kept it as a secret is also not known

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Lords Prayer In Urhobo Language / Nigeria Historical Thread: Post Any Ancient Ruins/artefacts/objects/ / This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.