Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. (43288 Views)

3 Nigerians Held With Drugs Worth Rs 1 Crore In Decoy Op In Bengaluru, India / 3 Nigerians Arrested With 21 Bags Of Drugs In Cambodia (Photos) / Drug Overdose Kills 3 Nigerians In India (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by Dottore: 1:35pm On May 06, 2018
Sfoooo9nja

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 06, 2018
A.Fon.Ja.Com People

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by crisycent: 1:36pm On May 06, 2018
South West grin

4 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by bettercreature(m): 1:39pm On May 06, 2018
I dont think the police are telling the truth because it seems they are finding it difficult to send them to jail
They dont even have an evidence the car was stolen
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by sinola(m): 1:39pm On May 06, 2018
Issafela:
3 Nigerians Arrested With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati In Chicago.

Three Nigerian men arrested in Chicago in what was described as a stolen car packed with counterfeit passports, drivers’ licenses, and cash, are back on the street, after they faced relatively minor charges.

Mayowa Balogun, Danteni Tijani and Dolapo Badmus, were picked up on January 23, in a Maserati SUV which came back stolen out of Ohio. Police alleged all were carrying counterfeit passports and driver’s licenses, mostly from Great Britain.

According to Nbcchicago, the investigators said they also found nearly $40,000 in the car’s glove compartment, and over $13,000 in a coat elsewhere in the car.

Nevertheless, Balogun and Badmus, were charged only with possession of altered documents, a class 4 felony which allowed them to receive I-bonds and walk out of court.

The driver, Tijani, initially faced an additional charge of possession of a stolen motor vehicle. But that charge was later dropped.

Still, when Tijani appeared last week before Judge William Raines, when his attorney sought to have his bond reduced, exactly the opposite happened.

Raines set Tijani’s bond at $100,000, and ordered that he be placed on electronic monitoring if he managed to post that amount. Which he did, with the aid of a friend, less than an hour later.

Authorities were at a loss to explain why the charges were seemingly light despite the allegations that the three had obtained passports with their own pictures from Great Britain.

In court, it was presented that the documents had been obtained in short order for relatively little cost in Chicago. A spokesman for State’s Attorney Kim Foxx said prosecutors had insufficient evidence to make charges pertaining to the stolen car stick.

And that they had charged the document offenses to the fullest extent possible. The three are scheduled to appear in court again later this month. 

Source:
http://www.nairaplus.com/2018/05/3-nigerians-arrested-with-fake.html

i am only here to check names

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 06, 2018
Teaser4:
beggars are liable to die young....

Sir, it's not my intention but I have to at this juncture...may you never see problem that will warrants you to beg for alms or charity.

thanks for the mention

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by Lizilicious(f): 1:45pm On May 06, 2018
Their names sha

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by Emmasteev(m): 1:48pm On May 06, 2018
kernel507:
What are there names?
You can't read thread
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by jimrog: 1:49pm On May 06, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
Cant the Yorubas in England and USA stop tarnishing our image outside the country?

As long as Fuji stars are celebrated in Yoruba land then such social crimes will remain part of the culture

What's wrong with Fuji music?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 06, 2018
gypsey:
lazy nigerian youths!

not one of them sir and not as you think but it's due to situation and state of thing...I trained myself from secondary school to university and even aspiring to go for my second degree if I would be able financially, despite my marital status.

thanks brother.
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by Debazent: 1:54pm On May 06, 2018
Why always on Nigerians

Check below for ship importation shipping
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 06, 2018
aaronson:
If you know, You know.

Those guys are pickers hence the reason for the fake documents and passports. That huge sum of money doesn't belong to them, It's a newly picked fund. The US police will investigate but will never find nothing like drugs but just the picked fund, fake passport and documents. That's their hustle.

Like I said earlier, If you know, you know.

Abeg will the cops give them back the 53K?
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by kellz0(m): 2:00pm On May 06, 2018
Sure pickers ��
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by iamdannyfc(m): 2:01pm On May 06, 2018
bencarson007:
We the lazy yoots of naija here in warri don't know them

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by kellz0(m): 2:02pm On May 06, 2018
aaronson:
If you know, You know.

Those guys are pickers hence the reason for the fake documents and passports. That huge sum of money doesn't belong to them, It's a newly picked fund. The US police will investigate but will never find nothing like drugs but just the picked fund, fake passport and documents. That's their hustle.

Like I said earlier, If you know, you know.
You head is there!!!��

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 06, 2018
I Did Not Cheak Their Names Ooo!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by Teaser4(m): 2:07pm On May 06, 2018
Bensonjayjay:

Sir, it's not my intention but I have to at this juncture...may you never see problem that will warrants you to beg for alms or charity.

thanks for the mention
well, there are a lot of scammers on NL, claiming to have problems and need help, at the end of the day they'll spend the money on drinks and pvssy, feeling like dem don blow... how do we know you're genuine...I can help but I don't trust easily...sorry bro.. wish you well
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by ipobarecriminals: 2:15pm On May 06, 2018
angry sad undecided lipsrsealed sad* lower head*Exit thread
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by dreamwords: 2:15pm On May 06, 2018
grin

6 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by sapeleboi(m): 2:23pm On May 06, 2018
bring back our boys
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 06, 2018
Bensonjayjay:

not one of them sir and not as you think but it's due to situation and state of thing...I trained myself from secondary school to university and even aspiring to go for my second degree if I would be able financially, despite my marital status.

thanks brother.
i was just been sarcastic man! grin No youth in nigeria is lazy!
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by abbey621(m): 2:27pm On May 06, 2018
I can understand yahoo boys and hustlers doing so outside the USA but inside the USA, you're just begging to be caught! Seems like this arrest was just coincidental, assuming it was the FBI, those boys are never coming back. Anyways crime does not pay and if you must do it, do so sensibly grin grin grin
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by lagdmark(m): 2:33pm On May 06, 2018
I just won myself a 50€ Bet today. When I saw only the headlines about FRAUDULENT Nigerians in Diaspora I said a Yoruba must be involved, behold it was so.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by Youngetskilz23(m): 2:33pm On May 06, 2018
E no easy jor. 40, 40, 20.. weldone boys...
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by chuckjonesautos: 2:50pm On May 06, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
How can PMB be said to be responsible for this na?

Watch as Nairaland PDP apologists and compulsive wailers find their way around to blame it on the president. Most shocking is the fact that they succeed in their destructive effort due to the depth of intellectual laziness which our pple suffer from

This one no concern PMB or the economy. These men are greedy petty 419 criminals. I wish that efcc should ask for extradiction.. this FOOLS are the reason why the average Struggling Nigerian youths are being given a basic negative image .
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by nnokwa042(m): 2:58pm On May 06, 2018
jimrog:

What's wrong with Fuji music?
Fuji music is for agberos and alfas no good Yoruba Christian listen to Fuji music Yoruba Christians listen to juju music while people from ile keun listen to fuji
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by donbachi(m): 3:03pm On May 06, 2018
Wondaboyz....can someone clap for the 3wondaboyz.3 guys in three same offenses....fake documents,53k in dollars gotten from scam inside a stolen car.
Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by bencarson007(m): 3:06pm On May 06, 2018
[quote author=iamdannyfc post=67327481][/quote]
OC SARS abeg... na beg I dey sir

Re: 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 06, 2018
Teaser4:
beggars are liable to die young....
haaaa.. Bro that's too harsh na.. let us pray that may we not see problem that will cause us to beg in social media.. Amen.. Above all it could still be fraud and avenue to just beg money for personal consumption..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Lady’s Rape Ordeal Will Give You Goose Bumps / Man Caught Making Incantations With Fetish Items At A Cemetery In Rivers State / Police Officer Caught Molesting A 14-Year-Old Girl In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.