Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? (3573 Views)

See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / Top 7 Countries To Migrate From Nigeria In 2020 / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by peacengine(m): 9:52pm On May 06, 2018
This situation is somehow to us curious minds. Regardless of all discomforts and instability in parts of their region, they hardly seek greener pastures outside the shores of Nigeria, unlike southerners, who seem to hate the country. Northern brothers, your response is needed here.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 06, 2018
FTC
Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by MichaelBukamzy(m): 10:03pm On May 06, 2018
Laziness and illiteracy too.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by escodotman: 10:04pm On May 06, 2018
The Western world is haram to them. That's why they've been dragging Nigeria backward from mordernizatin and civilization. Then the rest of the country says let there be restructuring so they can be on their own and continue to wallow in their backwardness and stone-age life, still they say No.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by hatchy(f): 10:11pm On May 06, 2018
To do what outside?
What do they have to offer... people who are intellectually lazy and unproductive.

The Northern man survives thru politics and government jobs and contracts.
He joins the Army,Navy,Police,Customs or immigration because these areas are less challenging intellectually.
Even the intellectually challenged areas in this government, armed or paramilitary forces like engineers and medical doctors you won't see them there,rather their Southern counterparts.

Lazy ,uneducated people.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by yahyus(m): 10:15pm On May 06, 2018
Our reasons are not far fetched;

1. We are contented with the little resources we have.

2. We respect our personal dignity which makes us not to be desperate for going to any country by hook or by crook where we may end up being persona-non-grata.

3. Even with the tragedy of Boko Haram in the northeast, we still enjoy security in the region.

4. Cost of living is very low e.g food, clothes, shelter and transportation.

5. Education is more or less free from nursery up to university level.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by iamgenius(m): 10:50pm On May 06, 2018
yahyus:

2. We respect our personal dignity which makes us not to be desperate for going to any country by hook or by crook where we may end up being persona-non-grata.

3. Even with the tragedy of Boko Haram in the northeast, we still enjoy security in the region.

You make sense there. Don't run away when they come for you here.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by nwaanambra1(m): 10:52pm On May 06, 2018
yahyus:
[s]Our reasons are not far fetched;

[/s]

no bro!
the reason why you people don't migrate is simply because it is not in you to mingle - the Hausas and Fulanis are generally a shy people and find it hard to withstand competition - that is why they easily resort to violence to suppress superior intelligence. hence their reason for remaining in their domain no matter how difficult the situation is.

thou the younger generation seems to be overcoming that shyness - hence the reason why you see them in all states of the federation now in very large numbers - even at that they still find it hard to drop their violent side - hence their constant clashes with their host communities.

22 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by yahyus(m): 11:29pm On May 06, 2018
nwaanambra1:

no bro!
the reason why you people don't migrate is simply because it is not in you to mingle - the Hausas and Fulanis are generally a shy people and find it hard to withstand competition - that is why they easily resort to violence to suppress superior intelligence. hence their reason for remaining in their domain no matter how difficult the situation is.

thou the younger generation seems to be overcoming that shyness - hence the reason why you see them in all states of the federation now in very large numbers - even at that they still find it hard to drop their violent side - hence their constant clashes with their host communities.

The poster made the post without any negativity or hate, but surprisingly most comments here are hate ladden.

I can’t agree with you that we don’t mingle. Because the neighborhood I was born and brought up comprises different ethnic groups. We grew up and schooled together.

In my university days, i never stayed in a room without any member of other tribes.

In NYSC camp, I was the only Hausa in our room, the rest are Yoruba and Igbos.

In my postgraduate days, all my clique members are not Hausa.

In my office currently the people we are working in harmony 1 is Igbo, 1 calabar and 1 is Ijaw. In fact my boss name is Onwukwe who is always proud of me.

We actually travel that’s why I’m here.

Moreover it’s not always good to generalize. Beacuse the north is very wide comprises different ethnic groups with different cultures.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by yahyus(m): 11:30pm On May 06, 2018
nwaanambra1:

no bro!

yahyus:

The posted made the post without any negativity or hate, but surprisingly most comments here are hate ladden.

I can’t agree with you that we don’t mingle. Because the neighborhood I was born and brought up comprises different ethnic groups. We grew up and schooled together.

In my university days, i never stayed in a room without any member of other tribes.

In my office currently the people we are working in harmony 1 is Igbo, 1 calabar and 1 is Ijaw. In fact my boss name is Onwukwe who is always proud of me.

Moreover it’s not always good to generalize. Beacuse the north is very wide comprises different ethnic groups with different cultures.
Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by peacengine(m): 5:54am On May 07, 2018
yahyus:

This makes sense to me. For those saying they are lazy, I disagree. Those manual laborers who cut grasses, carry load and do other harsh work in cities like Lagos, PH, etc are not lazy. Those Edo girls in Italy, are they intellectuals?

11 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by Nobody: 6:30am On May 07, 2018
D only place i saw hausa's working when i was abroad was nigerian embassy

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by Nobody: 11:34am On May 07, 2018
yahyus:

true talk
Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by nwaanambra1(m): 11:39am On May 07, 2018
yahyus:

The poster made the post without any negativity or hate, but surprisingly most comments here are hate ladden.

sir there is no hate speech in my comment. am sorry if i sounded negative in my comment - that wasn't my intention.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by Nobody: 11:40am On May 07, 2018
yahyus:

in addition to this our brothers and sisters in the south only rely on hear says and what they read on news and what they see in the media generally without really coming up north to see for themselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by tetralogyfallot(m): 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2018
hatchy:
To do what outside?
What do they have to offer... people who are intellectually lazy and unproductive.

He joins the Army,Navy,Police,Customs or immigration because these areas are less challenging intellectually.
Even the intellectually challenged areas in this government, armed or paramilitary forces like engineers and medical doctors you won't see them there,rather their Southern counterparts.

Lazy ,uneducated people.
and despite them been lazy and uneducated as u tagged them the last time I checked, I think the richest black person in the world is still very much from the core north. Where are the industrious southerners when the lazy dangote was just making his cool billions? Let their southern counterparts travel all over the world, be doctors, lawyers, engineers and still come back hoping 2 be a slave in still that uneducated abokiiiii's company. Where were the educated southerners when an uneducated core northerner "INDIMI" was giving a golden opportunity 2 deliver a speech in Harvard? The whole nigeria and still many other african countries are praying fervently for the completion of a refinery still owned by a lazy abokiiiiii. Where were the southerners when one of the best car designer, Jelani Aliyu was receiving some accolades in one the biggest car manufacturing company in the world; General motors. I can go on n on.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by tetralogyfallot(m): 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2018
An average northerner has the believe that he can make it in a legit way even in his dear country. He refuse despite all temptations 2 b a slave in another man's land. He still refuse 2 b engrossed by what is called "get rich quick syndrome" and abhors anything that will taint the image of his family and the country at large.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:19pm On Jun 22, 2018
hatchy:
To do what outside?

Lazy ,uneducated people.
another lazy uneducated abokiiiii (Ahmed Musa) has made the whole country happy and proud today.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by salford: 11:59pm On Jun 22, 2018
yeyerolling:
i know 2 hausas working in top jobs in Canada. Rare, but they are a few of them overseas.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by aariwa(m): 3:32am On Jun 23, 2018
Shame on lord lugard
Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by Skorea: 5:47am On Jun 23, 2018
Northerners are very hot tempered. They are not used to socializing, freedom of their will and little or no Information about a better place than Nigeria.
No Information on how to process visa. They don’t like competition and they hide under God to give up easily especially a rigorous process like visa.
I remembered my school days abroad, the Hausa man in my school forgot he was no more in Kano and wanted to beat a citizen (white) because he was joking with him and he got angry, can’t control his temper and wouldn’t care the outcome of it until I cautioned him and spoke Hausa to him (Aboki kaberi)

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by zlantanfan: 7:08am On Jun 23, 2018
Where else can they practice violence, backwardness, and sharia if not in this dead shiithole, this is the only place that can accommodate them, you don't get free quota system or job via alahji or politician abroad it only happens in this dump.

It is only the microscopic few from the oligarchy who have been funded by niger delta oil money that would emark abroad but yet you won't hear their names when innovation and class is mentioned that's cos they are still intellectually dumb

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by cocolacec(m): 9:07am On Jun 23, 2018
yeyerolling:
This is one of the video by a Kano lady who teaches English in the UK ,she is also a British citizen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGwAGw8FQRg
Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by ahiboilandgas: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2018
escodotman:
The Western world is haram to them. That's why they've been dragging Nigeria backward from mordernizatin and civilization. Then the rest of the country says let there be restructuring so they can be on their own and continue to wallow in their backwardness and stone-age life, still they say No.
what is the need to travel out for 419,drugs and prostitution which constitute the major activities done by southern Nigerian folk abroad

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by ahiboilandgas: 9:31am On Jun 23, 2018
We in the north truly believe life is temporary and excessive luv for materialism doesn't garuatee happiness and peace...no need to hustle visa to sell drugs ,form cult groups ,sell sex and scam people all over the world in the name of been intelligent...or die in Sahara....southern ladies are busy selling sex in poor African countries like Mali all in the name of hustling ....nigerians are treated as global outcast by u action

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by ahiboilandgas: 9:37am On Jun 23, 2018
We don't need such wealth is not in correlation with our persona....we are happy in our farm producing food not travelling globally to destroy other society

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by escodotman: 12:50pm On Jun 23, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
what is the need to travel out for 419,drugs and prostitution which constitute the major activities done by southern Nigerian folk abroad
Ill-thought opinion! There are many Southern Nigerians making waves in many European and American countries abroad in different fields from Medicine, Technology, Computer, Business, Sport(even playing for the national teams of those countries) and even Politics!! You can Google it. Your comment makes no sense!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by ahiboilandgas: 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
escodotman:
Ill-thought opinion! There are many Southern Nigerians making waves in many European and American countries abroad in different fields from Medicine, Technology, Computer, Business, Sport(even playing for the national teams of those countries) and even Politics!! You can Google it. Your comment makes no sense!
why there are over 40,000 southern Nigerian girls prostituting in europe and over 50,000 guy either selling drugs or 419 guys or in prison ...u think it normal..nigerians from the South have dented the human race u think u have such population making waves abroad...i think u never travel b4 go Austria come see ur sisters sexing for 5 euros
Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by bligs: 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
ShyCypher:
Are you okay?

This black, yellow-toothed & aggressive okadaman smellin' of incense & gworo that just dropped me @ my bus stop is what?

Be careful o. Do you know how many ab0kis are migratin' to Lagos in trucks & lorries everyday?

Is it because they smell the same as cows so you don't notice them?
80% of those doing okada and gateman in Lagos are not Nigerians talkless of being real Hausa, most of them are from Chad/Niger. An average typical Hausa man will prefer to wallow in abject poverty in Kano than to come and hustle in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by escodotman: 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
why there are over 40,000 southern Nigerian girls prostituting in europe and over 50,000 guy either selling drugs or 419 guys or in prison ...u think it normal..nigerians from the South have dented the human race u think u have such population making waves abroad...i think u never travel b4 go Austria come see ur sisters sexing for 5 euros
Even here in Nigeria, the northerners are well-known for drugs. The northerners are the chief drug users in Nigeria. Talk about the Southerners doing so well abroad. Northerners don't even travel because they are illeterates, can't even speak English, they can only live in a place like Northern Nigeria in the whole world and nowhere else.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Northerners Hardly Migrate? by ahiboilandgas: 8:41pm On Jun 23, 2018
escodotman:
Even here in Nigeria, the northerners are well-known for drugs. The northerners are the chief drug users in Nigeria. Talk about the Southerners doing so well abroad. Northerners don't even travel because they are illeterates, can't even speak English, they can only live in a place like Northern Nigeria in the whole world and nowhere else.
taking drug is personal self destruction ,selling drug is an attempt to destroy a society that why 15000 ibo youth a waiting hanging in several Asia countries..if u caught taking drug the govt will rehabilitate u...i know u think speaking English na education bush man Germans Chinese,Russian and Japanese can't even speak the aboki type of English yet they are member of G7 ...futher more there is no need to travel to sell drugs sell pussy do 419 and robbery ...there no need we in the north are yet to be convinced that we must send 50000 northern girl to Italy to sell sex then we are modern people we rather remain aboki

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Tallest Buildings In The World With (pics) / What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? / A Nairalander shares Hangout at Omu Resort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.