Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts (28711 Views)

The Veil Of Love By Bayo Onuwaje / CELEBRITIES Life's LOVE By Lamidi Samad Adeniran / Shartered Love By Ola Olowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 1:09am On May 15, 2018

‘I don’t want to do this again. That wasn’t fair and you know it.’ Stella said from her end to the caller uncomfortably.
‘I’m sorry but I will make it up to you.’ A voice answered from the other end.

‘I know that but why are you even doing this in the first place.’ She asked regrettably.
‘I already told you Stella, he stole my dad’s money and I want him to pay.’

‘Yeah you told me but the Tom I met this afternoon doesn’t seem to me like a swindler.’
‘You met him for how many hours and you know him already.’

‘Just briefly but I could tell he is genuine and can’t he pay you back.’ She tried to reason with her friend over the call.
‘I don’t want payment, I just want to hurt him where it hurts.’ The voice replied yet again.
‘This is petty.’ Stella muttered.

‘I know but you owe me so just hang in there for me.’
‘Alright, see you later’ Stella said and hanged up.
She hissed and called out to Tom’s P.A.
Tom was pacing around in his office when his phone rang. He ignored and decided to pick up on the second ring.
‘Aunty can I call you back.’

‘Okay but I just wanted to know if you are enjoying your lunch.’
‘What lunch?’
‘Aren’t you at your wife’s office canteen?’
‘OMG,’ he exclaimed and hanged up.

Grissel who agreed on lunch that morning actually got a surprise delivery from Tom’s aunty. That was the main reason why she came over to his office instead of calling her husband to meet him at their lunch center.
Tom suddenly remembered his behavior earlier towards his wife and picked up his suit and car keys. He rushed out of his office while dialing her number without success.

Grissel on the other hand parked at a restaurant just five minutes’ drive away from her work place and got herself some pastries and drink. She sat in her car while eating in tears. Earlier she lied to her mother in-law about the lunch.

‘Is marriage this difficult?’ She asked herself with her mouth full of pastries and her eyes filled with tears.
‘Maybe he has a problem at work.’ She encouraged herself. ‘But that doesn’t explain why I should be the one to bear his anger.’
She continued to talk to herself until she finished her snacks and drove away.

Tom kept violating traffic rules in order to catch up with Grissel as she already called her office and learnt she wasn’t yet back. Lunch time was probably already over but he had to make it somehow.
He was still on top speed veering off the road and careful not to get caught as was a forty-five minutes’ drive to her office.
Grissel realizing she had no work left at the office when she went in decided to get her lunch heated in the canteen.
With all smiles she was enjoying her meal and reading a magazine when she felt a tap on her shoulders.

‘Hey, you startled me.’ She said struggling to swallow the food and reaching out for the water in front of her.
Henry quickly got the water and opened it for her.
She hurriedly gulped it and smiled. ‘What are you doing here Henry?’

‘How are you?’ He asked smiling.
‘Forgive my manners, I’m okay.’ She replied dropping the water bottle.
‘That’s good to hear.’

She focused on her meal while Henry stared. Grissel wasn’t that close to Henry because Melisa was always giving her attitude. It was always greetings among them but Melisa and Julia knew Henry was in love with Grissel.

Melisa always thought Grissel was too naïve to notice someone in love with her but Julia thought she was just so much in love with Tom that she couldn’t see another man all over her.

‘You must really be enjoying that a lot.’ He said to her breaking the silence.
‘You can say that again. This is exactly how my husband loves his chicken and fries.’
‘Then it’s a shame he’s missing it.’ Henry replied.

‘I know right. His aunty actually made this for us but he ……’ She was saying and paused feigning a smile.
‘He what?’ Henry sensed some hesitation in her voice and the glow she always had on her face wasn’t there anymore.

‘Nothing, it’s all good. The two shall become one so I’m eating on his behalf.’ She answered sadly.
‘Are you sure you are okay,’ He asked reaching out for her hand unconsciously but quickly pulled it back before Grissel could raise her head from staring at her plate.

‘Yeah but you still haven’t told me why you are at our firm today. Do you and Melisa need a court wedding?’ She asked smiling.
‘That’s not possible and for the record Mel and I are just friends.’
‘Friends with benefit.’ She concluded for him.

‘That’s fine if you put it that way but I’m in need of a divorce lawyer.’ He blurted out.
‘Divorce lawyer?’ She asked confused while taking a bite on her last piece of chicken.
‘Not for me though.’

‘Okay because I know you are not married.’
‘Yeah but a friend is in love with a married woman.’
‘Oh really and she’s agreed to get that divorce to be with your friend?’

‘No but I’m sure once he assures her of his love for her she would.’ Henry muttered staring at her naïve face.
‘That’s weird but I can recommend a good one for you.’ She dropped the chicken bone and switched to the hand cream by the table napkin.

‘I was hoping you could because I heard you worked some years back on such cases.’
‘Yeah I did but not anymore, it was just a few cases I handled. Now I handle custody cases.’
‘Alright I will take your recommendation then.’ He smiled.

‘First floor, room ten. Just ask of Mrs. Edwards.’
‘Thank you, do you want another meal because you keep staring back at the empty plate.’
‘Only if it’s this good like my mother-in laws.’ She joked.

‘I’m sure the food here is okay, fries again or salad.’
‘You are not serious right?’
‘I am Grissel. You look unsatisfied.’

‘Thanks but seriously I’m okay. I’m just sad Tom isn’t here to enjoy with me today.’
He feigned a smile and tried to adjust himself on the chair when his eyes fell on Tom lurking around. He wasn’t sure if he had seen him with his wife but he knew he had to thread carefully as to win Grissel.

Tom arrived about ten minutes earlier and was told from her office, she was still at lunch so he quickly came to the canteen and has been wondering how long Henry and his wife has been chatting. He decided to wait around.

‘Grissel I think I should go talk to that lawyer now.’ He said standing up.
‘Alright, thanks for keeping me company. I actually don’t have much left so I would stay around for a while.’ She chipped in smiling.

‘All the best for the day.’ He waved and left using the other exit.
Grissel packed up the lunch box and picked up her water gulping it when Tom sat in front of her.

***TBC

3 Likes

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Pearl05(f): 2:13am On May 15, 2018
grin
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Missmossy(f): 8:23am On May 15, 2018
More please embarassed this is so so captivating, Tom you need cane...
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by rayvelez(m): 9:39am On May 15, 2018
Following
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 12:59pm On May 15, 2018
EPISODE 6

‘Gosh, Tom. How are you here?’
‘Speed.’ He answered in one word looking intently in to her eyes.
‘What?’

‘What?’ He also questioned.
‘You are staring at me weirdly?’
‘And that’s a crime?’ He asked.

‘No I mean you are not even smiling this time.’ She said with confusion.
‘Should I be smiling Grissel?’ He questioned obviously angry about Henry’s presence earlier because he actually came to apologize.

‘I apologize about breakfast or whatever I did in your office that you had to chase me away.’ She broke down immediately reaching out for her handkerchief which she couldn’t locate when Tom handed her one from his shirt pocket.

‘Please I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you cry.’ He said reaching out for her hand.
‘Then why do I feel like you were intentionally pushing me away Tom. We just got married for Christ sake and you already behaving like a typical Ghanaian man.’

‘Wow. A typical Ghanaian man.’
‘Yes, the types that always make their wife’s cry all the time.’
‘You mean my Dad.’

Grissel nodded.
‘I always tell you I’m nothing like my Dad. And I’m sorry you had to cry.’

‘That’s fine but you would have to make it up to me later.’ She smiled playfully. Anytime Tom had to reassure her he’s nothing like his Dad it calms her.
‘You and emotional blackmail. What do you want this time?’ He smiled.

‘You are making dinner this evening.’ She teased.
‘You already know how that will turn out right.’

‘I don’t mind, I will be there the whole time.’
‘It’s a deal then. So where’s my lunch.’

‘Emmmm, it’s gone.’ She touched her cheeks involuntarily. ‘How should i know you would show up?’
‘Aunty called and I had to quickly rush here when you were not answering my calls.’

‘Sorry, I left the phone in the car but you mean if it weren’t for her you wouldn’t have come.’
‘I didn’t say that but I’m here now and hungry.’

‘Sorry, let me order you some salad.’
‘Great.’ He sighed.
Grissel walked to the counter and placed her order.

‘It should be here soon but you look disturbed.’ She said grabbing her seat.
‘Just some work related issues.’ He replied.

‘Want to talk about it?’ Grissel had to ask anyway though she knows Tom hates talking about his work issues.
‘You know I don’t l….’

‘I get it Tom and that reminds me, Henry just left here and you came in.’
‘Really? What does he want with you?’ He muttered relieved that she mentioned it.
‘Not with me but he wants a divorce lawyer for a friend of his.’

‘Hope you are not handling that case.’
‘You know I stopped handling those a long time ago.’ She clarified.
‘Okay, is this about my sister?’

‘He just said for a friend.’ She was saying when her order arrived.
‘Thank you.’ Tom whispered to the waitress and placed the food in front of them each.
‘You are welcome.’ She replied and left with her tray.

‘So you ordered too? And is your lunch hours not over.’
‘Of course, I wasn’t satisfied earlier because you were not here with me and I don’t have much work today.’
‘And who is paying for the food.’

‘Who else? I have your wallet here already.’
‘How did you get that?’ He jumped up trying to check if it was actually his.
‘You married a smart one Tom.’

‘I know right.’ He replied picking up his cutlery smiling with a stare.
‘How was your first day at work?’

‘I got a new annoying boss in the name of Stella Medt.’
‘Mr. Medts heir?’ She sounded concerned.

‘Yeah, I’m not sure we would ever get along.’
‘You would figure it out. She can’t be that bad.’
He sighed and picked up his cutlery. ‘She’s charming though.’

‘Tell me more?’ She said with a certain sparkle.
‘Ahaaa, but you know I’m stuck with you right?’
‘I trust you Tom.’ She blushed.
‘Excuse me Miss.’ Melisa heard a young man running towards her in the crowd.

She stopped when her new friend she just had brunch with at the Frimps restaurant drew her attention to the guy who stopped running and was now walking towards them..
‘Do you know him?’ Melisa asked Paige.

The two ladies met last week and agreed on brunch. Melisa dropped Julia home that morning and quickly fixed herself to meet up with Paige.
‘No, but he’s from the Jewelry shop we just walked out of.’ Paige clarified. They both went to a closer Jewelry shop after their brunch to pick up a few Jewelries.

‘Oh really, I didn’t notice.’ Melisa replied.
They were still staring at his direction when he finally reached their end.

‘Hello, sorry for wasting your time.’ He said with a break in his voice.
‘That’s fine Mr.….’ Paige was saying and paused because she doesn’t know his name.

She shook her head and stared giving him gestures.
The gentleman kept staring and suddenly realized Paige was expecting him to mention his name.

‘Forgive my manners. It’s Bryan and I think your friend here left her change and the wrist watch.’ Bryan announced handing them the change and the package.

‘Oh I did?’ Melisa snapped out of her reverie.
‘Yes, I guess when you were picking up the other necklace you forgot the watch.’

‘Thank you Bryan but you can keep the change.’ She said checking the package. Melisa got a necklace for her aunty and a wrist watch for Henry since she broke his when she was at his end last week.

‘You don’t need to do that. Thank you.’ He said, handed Paige the money and walked away.
Both ladies just glanced at each other and walked away.

‘Did I say something wrong Paige?’ She asked her friend.
‘Lisa, does that gentleman seem like someone who needed your five dollar change?’

‘But I just thought it was nice to do that.’ Melisa clarified.
‘Well, looks like he doesn’t want it.’

‘Was that why he left without another word?’ Melisa queried sadly.
‘I didn’t say that.’
‘Yes you did Paige.’

‘I just pointed to you not every man wants to be treated as such.’ Paige answered her.
‘Alright, thank you.’ Melisa didn’t want to drag the issue.

‘Great, let’s get going then.’ Paige announced pulling her towards where she parked her car.
Paige manages a few events spaces, which Melisa was scouting out for one of her client when they met and immediately bonded.
She drove off after Melisa fastened her seat belt.

‘Why do you think your sister is not okay?’
‘Adam, she hasn’t called since after the wedding and it’s been a month. It’s unlike Grissel.’
‘She’s probably just busy with her responsibilities. You know how confused and frustrated you were in the first few months.’
‘Yes but I still call friends.’

‘Give her a call then, if you feel she’s not okay.’
‘She’s not answering my calls. I just feel she’s avoiding me.’

‘Try calling Tom, he definitely will pick up.’
‘You are a genius. Why didn’t I think about it before?’

‘You know I’m the only one with the brains in this marriage right.’
Jessy hissed and picked up herself from the bed while walking towards the bathroom.
‘Can I join you?’ Adam called out to her.

‘I’m just picking up my phone which you brought to me earlier in the shower.’ She smiled at him and walked away.
‘You are not fun these days.’ He hissed and pressed his head on the pillow like a small kid.
‘When are you coming home?’ Julia spoke into the phone.
‘I forgot to tell you I will be late tonight for dinner.’ Melisa replied.

‘It’s Henry again right?’ Julia questioned.
‘I’m just picking up my car from Tom’s place.’

‘Wonderful!’ She exclaimed cheerfully.
‘Aunty, I’m just picking up my car. Nothing else.’
‘I know but can’t you just use that opportunity to make up with your brother.’

‘You want a repeat of what happened the last time?’ Melisa frowned though her aunty couldn’t see her face through the phone.
‘I understand but you got to keep trying Lisa and tonight is a perfect opportunity to do that.’

‘I have heard you. Can I direct the cab driver now?’
‘Sure, call me when you get there.’ Julia emphasized.

Melisa hanged up and wiped a tear while casting her mind back.
Tom had pushed her down the stairs when she tried reasoning with him concerning their differences. She woke up a week after in the hospital and since then Melisa decided to let him deal with his own mess.

Though at a point Melisa hated him first because she thought he was responsible for their moms early demise but it became worse when Tom had accepted the fact that Melisa would never forgive him for what nature took from them both.
Melisa was still in thoughts when the cab parked in front of the house. She paid her fare and got down.
Tom who left work some few hours after lunch with Grissel drove in to the bar he agreed on earlier with his friends. He sighted them by the counter and smiled while walking up to them.

He is the only married one among his friends.
‘Tom, Tom.’ Mike hailed him while standing up from his stool to shake and hug him.

He received their hails and hugs when finally he settled down on his stool.
‘What’s going on Clive?’ Tom queried.
‘Nothing much, just a bachelors hang out.’ Clive responded.

‘But you said it was urgent and I had to leave work early.’ Tom sounded unhappy.
‘Relax man.’ Mike chipped in. Among all the four men, Mike was the cool one and closest.

‘Yes, relax.’ Clive replied.
He heaved a sigh of relief and dropped his phone in his pocket after putting it on silence.

‘Austin, you have been too quiet for my liking.’ Tom inquired.
‘I’m just admiring how good marriage is looking on you.’

They all laughed at Austin’s humor.
‘Here we go.’ Mike suddenly said when the waiters shadow fell on him.

When they have a boy’s night out, they get a whole crate of beer. The waiter dropped it on the counter and left.
‘Who hasn’t brought his driver like me?’ Tom queried.

‘We all did Tom. I guess we would have to call my dad’s other driver to get you to your place while we follow.’ Clive replied.
‘You are right.’ He replied.

Though they drink a lot when they are out, they always have plans for getting themselves home to avoid falling in a ditch.
Austin and Clive were the two Americans among them. Mike introduced Clive and Tom also introduced Austin.

*****TBC

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Ann2012(f): 3:49pm On May 15, 2018
Tnx for the update ma'am

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 4:05pm On May 15, 2018
EPISODE 7

There laughter could reach every corner of the bar. Those around them couldn't tell exactly why they were laughing on top of their voices.

'That reminds me Tom.' Mike chipped in still with a broad smile on his face. 'Have you asked your cheating wife about the night at the Seattle Hotel?'

They were almost done consuming half of the beer in the crate. Tom was mute for a few seconds clutching his hands together tightly.
'Wait dude. Your wife cheated?' Austin asked turning to Clive and Mike's direction.

'That was what happened and it seemed our man here couldn't handle it but rather decided to force himself on his wife on their wedding night.
'Wow, too bad but why am I now hearing this.' Austin asked no one in particular.
Everyone was silent while gulping their beer.

Tom hadn't said anything about what Clive told him a week to their wedding because he knew Grissel wouldn't cheat on him. He was so sure about it when she confirmed running in to Clive at a hotel where she was meeting up with Adam for business.

Though Clive’s allegations sounded genuine to him and he trusted his wife especially after she told him about bumping into Clive but then Mike’s call that night after their wedding with the same allegations turned his world upside down.

Tom didn’t want to believe all that Mike told him that night but Grissel gave him no choice when she wouldn’t let him touch her on their wedding night. Her behavior made him furious and suspicious.

He committed a despicable sin and have to leave with it even if it meant pleasing his wife every time she was wrong and he was right. Tom knew that was the only thing left to keep them both going. He realized Grissel wasn’t the only one who needed to forgive him, but he also needed to forgive himself.

He wasn't a staunch Christian but he knew about forgiveness because Grissel never stopped preaching that in the past which always secured him a free pass when he misbehaved towards her.

Tom wanted that for himself now and had to get it anyway he can because when Grissel held his hands and knelt before him signaling him to do same while they prayed together after their first quarrel, he knew he was safe and want it never to end.

Despite their love and bond, he wasn’t so sure what the future holds for them.
Tom was still in his thought when Austin spoke up.

'Okay, I get it. She's my friend doesn't mean I go about telling her everything we discuss.' Austin glared.
'We get it but anything can happen.' Mike said.

'Oh come off it. I'm not a snitch.' He yelled.
'That's enough guys.' Tom finally said.
'Sorry,' Austin replied.

'Clive, I'm sure you were mistaken. I asked my wife about Aubrey and she seems to have no idea about Aubrey.'
'And who is Aubrey?' Clive asked surprised.

'Mike?' Tom called out to him with a glare.
'Wait, I never mentioned Aubrey.' Clive quickly clarified.

'What is going on with you two?' Tom asked confused.
'Mike probably got the name wrong. The receptionist after some bribing told me he registered under the name Andre.'
'Sorry man, I didn't get it right then.' Mike apologized.

'That still doesn't explain who Andre is.' Tom asked confusedly.
'I only saw her at that hotel's restaurant twice in an awkward manner.’ He was examining their faces while he spoke.
‘But you said she saw you.’ Mike asked.

‘Yeah the first time but each time she happens to be with a different guy and Tom didn't want to pursue it the first time because Grissel had already told him about her meet up with Adam there the first time we bumped into each other.'

'And what were you doing spying on Grissel.' Austin quickly chipped in.
'I wasn't spying on anyone. I went there with Tina and I was surprised to see her there a week and a night before her wedding respectively.’ Clive was on the verge of losing his cool.

‘So?’ Austin questioned rudely.
‘What was so important that couldn't wait till after her wedding?’ Clive muttered annoyingly. ‘Especially meeting a stranger in a hotel a night to your wedding. For Adam I understand he is family but what about Andre.'

Austin sighed. 'Tall, mid-forties, broad Chest, Half cast and with a dimple even from afar?'
'Exactly, you saw them too?' Clive asked happily.

'I don't need to see them Clive. Andre is one of her old bosses at the firm.' Austin explained.
'You are sure about this?' Tom asked immediately Austin landed with his speech.

'Yes very sure but very disappointed in you Tom. Grissel was avoiding me for weeks and I couldn’t figure out where I went wrong.’ Austin muttered painfully while Clive grabbed another bottle.

“I’m sorry.' Tom gave him an apologetic look.
‘Marriage is about communication, just do that next time instead of listening to Clive and his fairytales.’
Clive hissed.

‘Thank you Austin.' Tom heaved a sigh of relief and grabbed his next bottle.
‘Clive you need to apologize to Grissel.’ Mike told him.
'That’s not happening because I knew what I saw that night.' Clive rubbed in again.

'What about a week before the wedding. Did you happen to see the same man with her?’ Austin sarcastically asked.
'Tom already confirmed she was with Adam besides I saw from afar that time so i can’t confirm the incident of that week but I’m sure about the awkwardness the night before the wedding.'

'Okay, so this is just about the night before their wedding.' Austin seemed to be defending Grissel too much that night.
'Sure, it was awkward man. I wouldn't say what I haven’t seen. Hope you understand that.'
'That’s okay Clive, we were all not in support of how he treated his wife so I think he should just talk to Grissel to clarify things.' Mike chipped in.

'Thanks guys.' Tom smiled weirdly.
'Let's celebrate then.' Austin cheered while they held their bottles toasting.
Austin happens to be the only level headed one among them.

4 Likes

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Pinkfeet: 9:13pm On May 15, 2018
Pearl05:
Bring It On. Finally it's here, the long awaited story by Cbella.

So as the chief of this story am inviting you all to come and be comfortably seated.

Gloryejims
Evajael
Oly0511
Pinkfeet
Penshallom
Purples25

present ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Pearl05(f): 8:01pm On May 17, 2018
Come and update ma'am
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 11:50pm On May 19, 2018
Sorry guys, my network has been blocked.... Trying to fix it...will update when i can

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 3:13am On May 21, 2018

Grissel wiped her face with a fresh neatly folded paper towel and dumped it in the bin. She carried the bowl of vegetables and salad accompaniments to the dinning.

Melisa who was munching on a packet of biscuit she found in her bag after calling her aunty to inform her she might not come home that night felt her sister in law’s shadow falling on her.
‘What do you want now?’ She asked calmly this time around.

‘Dinner is ready and before you turn it down, remember you are in my house so it’s either you eat or get out before you starve yourself.’
Grissel didn’t know where all that courage from earlier and now came from.

‘I’m not hungry?’
‘Suit yourself, I just have to chew this sausage all by myself.’ She muttered and walked away.

Melisa who was backing her turned around to be sure she heard her right when she mentioned sausage but Grissel was already gone. She looked up and saw her seated at the dinning and decided to join her.

Grissel seated at the table alone kept trying Tom’s number. She hanged up for the sixth time and hissed when Melisa spoke up.
‘Was that Tom again?’ She asked pulling up a chair to sit.

Grissel nodded and tried once more without luck. Melisa could sense the frustration in her voice when she hiss and the worry written all over her face.

Melisa doesn’t know why her speech earlier had that much effect on her so she decided to join her sister in law at the table.
She picked a plate and dished out the spaghetti and sausage sauce. Then added the vegetables to it while Grissel focused on her own food which she barely touched.

‘Maybe he’s out with his friends, don’t you have their numbers.’ Melisa asked obviously worried too because Tom even as an adult back then with Julia always did call to inform them when he was running late.

She smiled and tapped her forehead as if Melisa just reminded her of something though on a normal day they both would have been at each other’s throat.

Grissel dialed Austin’s number and after the second ring there was finally an answer.
‘Is my husband there Austin?’ She asked.
‘This is your husband.’ Tom let out a heavy sigh.

Austin realizing Grissel was the one calling passed the phone to Tom earlier.
‘Tom it’s late and what happened to dinner?’ She called out.

‘OMG, forgive me Grissel. I forgot to tell you I planned on drinking with the guys tonight since it’s a Friday.’ He explained while the other guys looked on.
‘Alright, drive safely.’ She replied and was about to hang up when Tom asked her about dinner.
‘Did you manage to get dinner without me?’

‘Yes but would you mind fried egg in place of meat. We had sausage sauce this evening and I’m too tired to get that done this late.’
‘It’s okay, I will have the sausage sauce.’

‘Are you sure becau…?’
‘Grissel, it’s fine and do you think you can wait up for me?’

‘You know I’m an early bird but I will try. Just wake me up in case I slept off.’
‘Thank you.’
‘Lisa is around too.’ She said and quickly hanged up before he could ask her to drive her out of his house.

She knew Tom that well.
Melisa just shook her head and focused on her food in front of her while Grissel left to the kitchen with her plate due to loss of appetite.
Grissel picked up her plate of food.

‘You can eat all that and I have more in the kitchen in case you are not satisfied.’ Grissel knew Melisa loves food especially when its sausage sauce unlike her brother who loves fried chicken Melisa prefers anything made with sausage.

And earlier she had to choose between her husband’s favorite and her sister in law’s favorite. She smiled to herself watching Melisa eat with so much delight and then smacked her cheeks happily.

Melisa avoided her gaze and tried not to smile even though it came flashing her face.
‘I made the right choice.’ Grissel whispered silently and walked away briskly without another word as Melisa looked on.

‘Is she always this accepting?’ Melisa asked herself while chewing on the sausage.
She shook her head and focused on her food happily. ‘The fewer the merrier.’

Grissel’s footsteps back from the kitchen few minutes after drew her attention to her walking woozily upstairs. Melisa felt a cold wave run through her body. She remembered her mom was always that way even when their Dad didn’t treat her right sometimes after she had spent her whole time in the kitchen cooking his meals. Though she was that young, she had some memories locked up.

‘Is Tom not treating Grissel right or it’s the other way round. No, it’s definitely Tom because Grissel definitely would have screamed her head off when she called him earlier.’ She whispered to herself yet again.

Melisa scooped half spoon of spaghetti into her mouth and munched on it while reaching out for more vegetables from the service bowl. She had forgotten to use the fork instead of spoon.
She shook her head continuously.

‘She’s not that bad as I was led to believe.’ Melisa thought aloud.
Melisa barely spent up to an hour together in the same room with Grissel in the past. Grissel always made it a point to avoid her when she visited Tom when they were dating.

She picked up her phone dropping the spoon she was using earlier and combed through the files she had on it and hit the delete button.
‘Maybe she had good reasons for marrying my brother the way she did and a second look at her this evening confirms why aunty love her that much.’ She whispered to herself.

‘Guys let’s call it a night.’ Tom declared and everyone agreed.
They had earlier called the driver who would drop Tom home while Mike’s driver followed in order to get the guy driving Tom as well to his house after he had dropped him.

Grissel came back after about ten minutes and Melisa was done eating because she had cleared the table and washed up the plates. She dished out Tom’s food and kept it in the microwave.
Melisa who was glued to the Tv turned down the volume when Grissel came out of the kitchen to the hall.

‘The bed is already made and I left a night wear, change of clothes and towel on the bed. I’m an early bird so just call me if you need anything.’ She announced and walked away quietly.
Melisa turned the volume up when she realized Grissel had left.

***TBC

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 5:02am On May 21, 2018
EPISODE 8

Tom’s entrance to the hall switching on the light woke Melisa up. She decided to wait for him after washing down herself so she slept off on the couch and didn’t notice when his car drove in.
She opened her eyes instantly. ‘You are back.’

Tom just ignored, dropped her keys and suit and walked to the kitchen.
Melisa followed him to the kitchen where she met him warming up his rice.
‘Can I at least help you with that?’ She asked walking closer.

‘Gosh, why are you stalking me.’
‘I’m not, I just want to help since your wife might already be asleep.’
‘My wife?’ Tom was surprised for once her sister referred to Grissel as his wife.

‘Yes, okay I made a few mistakes I shouldn’t have and I’m sorry.’
‘You are sorry and wait, tell me why you are in the night wear I got for Grissel.’

He remembered he got that wear for his wife a week to their wedding but Grissel preferred the long ones so he just didn’t want to pursue her to put on what he wanted.
‘She gave it to me Tom and I just said I’m sorry.’

‘Keep the sorry to yourself and get out of my way.’ He said picking the bowl of rice from the microwave without the sauce and filed pass her.
Melisa stayed back and warmed the sauce for him. When she came out he was already eating the raw spaghetti.

‘I thought you told your wife you would be eating this.’ She said dropping the bowl of sauce on the dining table and walked away.
Tom waited for her to leave to her room before he ate his food in peace.
‘You don’t need to sneak in to bed Tom.’ Grissel said raising the duvet covering her face. She waited for Tom to shower before she announced her vigil.
‘Emmm’ He managed to say scratching his head.
‘Have you eaten and checked on your sister?’

‘Yeah.’ He replied and pushed himself onto the bed.
‘I was really pissed off today Tom, especially when I had to face Lisa all alone.’

‘I’m sorry but can we talk about something else?’ He said with a serious tone now.
‘What’s with that serious face Tom.’
‘Andre?
‘Yes, one of my bosses at work. Did something happen to him?’

He shook his head vigorously.
‘Tom? What is going on here?’
‘Why didn’t you tell me you met up with him a night to our wedding?’

‘Were you following me again? I thought you trust me and the more reason why I tell you my whereabouts.’
‘I wasn’t spying? Someone saw you Grissel and this is one thing you never told me.’

Grissel raised herself up from the bed and laid against the bedpost.
‘I thought I did, it probably escaped me.’ She said taking her eyes off him instantly.
‘Really?
‘Yes Tom.’ She replied with her gaze off again.

‘So why are you not able to look into my face Grissel? Did you cheat on me?’
‘Wait no, I just don’t want to talk about it Tom.’

‘So you admit you were with Andre.’
She nodded to confirm.

‘Okay, whenever you are ready just let me know.’ Tom pushed himself under the duvet and reached out for the bedside light.
‘We agreed not to talk about work Tom, which was why I didn’t tell you I met with him.’
Tom just pretended not to have heard her.

‘Say something.’ She shook him under the duvet.
‘Alright to make you feel better Adam and Jessy had two weeks off work in that hotel and that was the reason why I even went there twice.’
‘So you weren’t alone with Andre?’ He asked slowly pushing his head from the duvet.

‘No, though Adam left briefly to attend to Jessy screaming her head off over the hot tap not flowing, Andre is a good man and I wouldn’t tolerate flirting with him.’
‘So he didn’t touch you Grissel?’
‘What is this really about Tom?’

‘Did he touch you or not because I don’t understand how important this case was than your own wedding which you couldn’t wait till after you are married.’
‘Calm down jealous Tom. I agree I broke down at a point when things were not working in my favor that night and he might have consoled me but that was it.’

‘Was your client someone important?’ He knows it when Grissel is telling the truth.
‘Yes, my happiness with you depended on it Tom.’ She had a worried grin on.
‘Has it been sorted out now?’

‘I’m with you so yes, it was worth that night out.’ She smooched his shoulder.
‘Okay, I’m sorry for doubting you and assuming you cheated which resulted in my violence behavior towards you on our wedding night.’
‘I thought as much. Can we not go back to that please?’ She frowned at the thought of that night.

Grissel freaks out when she has to remember that memory especially when Tom tries to raise it. That was the fifth time after the incident he had tried talking about it.
‘Thank you but what did you do to Lisa.’

‘Oh that? I may have put her in the right place. I know we agreed I should ignore her but I couldn’t take it this evening.’
‘That’s okay, at least she’s calm now and seem to have accepted the fact that you are my wife.’
She smiled weirdly and adjusted herself on the bed looking into his face.

‘Do I have something on my face?’ He asked.
‘Emmm, I’ve been wondering why my handsome prince hasn’t said anything about his surprise in finding out I wasn’t a virgin.’ She covered her face discreetly.

‘I figured out that was the reason you were cranky that night but honestly I wasn’t expecting you to be a virgin besides I love what I see now so I’m okay.’ He said flirtatiously while smooching her face.

‘I’m saying No before you even ask.’ She smiled pulling up the sheets.
‘You are exhausted so I’m not going to ask but can I just hold you.’
Tom pulled her into his arms while smooching her hair but Grissel’s mind seemed to be far from the room even when Tom slept off she was restless.

He has always been a jealous guy and a control freak from his youthful days but meeting Grissel changed that part of him. The only thing he wants to do is trust in her love for him.
Grissel cuddled his face and kissed him while pulling away from his arms. She switched off her side of the light and covered herself fully with the duvet.
‘You have to leave before my niece gets back home. And you sleeping over was a mistake Joe.’ Julia gathered the sheets to cover herself while Joe leaned against the far corner watching her.

‘But you asked me here.’
‘Yes but the party is over and as I said Lisa might come back soon.’
‘Alright, let me just shower first.’

‘No, take this and get going.’ Julia threw his shirt and short to him angrily.
‘Gosh, relax. I will go now.’ Joe picked up his short from the floor slipped it on, picked up the shirt and his shoes next.

‘And don’t com….’, Before Julia could finish her sentence, he banged the door so hard. He obviously knew his way around the house since he’s been there several times when Melisa was away.
‘This is not you Julia.’ She whispered to herself and walked to her bathroom.
‘Dad, you are early for breakfast.’ Stella who came down and met her Dad at the table smiled.
‘Unlike you I need to eat early because of my medications.’
‘Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that.’

‘So your mom told me you came home late yester night.’
‘Just hanging out with a few friends.’
‘I see and among these friends do you have anyone of them you are going out with?’

‘Dad, let’s not go there this morning.’
‘That reminds me, how’s Tom?’ Mr. Medt asked.
‘Huh? Who is that?’ She exclaimed.
‘Mr. Addison, your manager?’

‘Oh your toy boy?’ He should be home with his wife.’ She muttered focusing on the help who just brought the omelet.
‘Why do I sense you don’t like him Stella?’
‘To be honest I don’t and I can’t believe you hired such an amateur to work for you.’

‘Well I never had issues with him Stella.’
‘That’s because you give him so much freedom. Can you imagine when I arrived he was not there to show me around?’
‘If my memory serves me right he was supposed to be on leave when you took over.’

‘Dad, let’s forget him.’
‘Forget who?’ Stella’s mom asked behind them.’
‘No one mom. Just work and stress.’ Stella replied.

‘You know since you got back from your uncle’s place and your tour around the globe you hardly talked about what happened to you there.’
‘Mom, I told you guys he is fine, we resolved our fight.’
‘Well, your uncle called.’
‘And?’ Stella asked curiously.

‘He didn’t like the way you left after the incident especially when things were settled between you and your cousin.’
‘This was several years ago mom, I just want to put it behind me.’ Stella replied.
‘I’m starving, can we have breakfast now.’ Mr. Medt who was quiet watching them bring up the past suddenly announced.

‘Thank you Dad for saving me from your wife.’ She teased.
Stella travelled around Mexico to get away from the memories of the happenings while she was leaving with her uncle.
Melisa was smiling over the phone.
‘Were you able to do what we discussed?’ Henry suddenly asked when he was done making her laugh.
‘Honestly, I don’t want to continue this game anymore.’

‘But you visited so you could confront Grissel with your findings?’
‘Yeah, but I think I would hold on for a few more weeks.’ Melisa lied.

‘Lisa you are holding up again.’
‘I’m not Henry, just give me a few more weeks.’
‘I trust you love.’ Henry replied and hanged up.

Henry gave Melisa an ultimatum but Melisa didn’t want him to know she had changed her mind after what transpired between herself and Grissel last night.
She hissed and walked out of her room towards her brother’s room.
‘That was fun.’ Grissel said panting while Tom kept kissing her all over.
‘Do you think we could go for another round’ He whispered in her ears while she giggles.
‘Your wish is my command.’ She grinned at him.

‘That’s my girl,’ he announced and went under the duvet when Grissel knocked him on the head.
He came out of the sheets and stared.
‘You changed your mind?’
‘No, didn’t you hear footsteps?’ She asked gazing at the door.

‘There’s no one there Grissel.’ He went back to exploring her body.
‘Did you see that shadow?’ She pointed at the door yet again.
‘Gosh you just killed the mood.’

‘I’m sorry but I think your sister is at the door.’
‘Are you now a seer?’ He asked sitting in the middle of the bed.
‘Just check it out, she might be in need of something.’

‘She’s the least person I want to talk to this morning.’
‘I know but she’s in your house and I don’t want her giving your aunty false reports.’
‘Can’t we just forget her and continue what we started.’

‘I’m always here but she’s leaving today so you got to make use of the opportunity.’
‘Was that why instead of handing her the car keys last night you kept her here.’

‘Of course you figured it out. Tom I just want this rivalry to stop. It breaks my heart.’
‘Don’t make this about you Grissel. I have reasons for hating my sister that much.’

‘Reasons you don’t want to share.’
He nodded his head.
‘You’ve got to let me in Tom.’

‘Like you would do same for me.’ He questioned instead of answering his wife.
‘This is not about me today. I told you someday I will let you in and that doesn’t reduce my love for you.’
‘Alright, you remember Amy?’

‘The girl you got pregnant and forced her to get rid of it while you were still with me.’ She frowned.
‘I never said sorry for that. It was just a onetime thing and I was completely wasted that night.’
‘Is it what I think?’

‘Yes, Lisa was behind it all.’ He sighed.
Grissel’s face turned pale and Tom could read all the questions on her face.
‘She hates you that much and I couldn’t watch her continue treating you like an outsider.’

‘It wasn’t okay forcing Amy to get rid of it.’
‘Would you have been okay with that? Imagine sharing my attention between you and my child not to talk of Amy demanding for her own time.’
‘I understand but we could have found a solution to it.’ Grissel countered.

‘Solution? There’s no solution for having a child with another woman and married to another.’ He said with outmost certainty. ‘I’m sure if you were to have a child before we met, we both wouldn’t have been in this bed today.’

She sighed. ‘You actually hate kids that much?’
‘No, you know I love kids but having a child with another woman means dividing my attention.’

Grissel knew they discussed this several times in their relationship before they settled down and Tom was so serious about it anytime the topic is raised which made her think he hates kids and hearing it again sent shivers down her spine though she hasn’t made up her mind to start having children yet.
She was suddenly mute while Tom kept talking.

‘The funny thing is, she doesn’t know why I hate her that much.’
‘So Lisa is not aware you know?’
‘I don’t intend telling her at all.’

‘I’m sure she has plans to tell you, just give her time and please cut her some slack. She was simply looking out for you.’ Grissel advised.
‘Looking out for me at the expense of hurting the woman I love.’
‘Yet the woman you love hasn’t been hurt but might reach that point if you don’t let it go.’

‘That’s emotional blackmail Grissel.’
‘A good one as such. Though I want to continue dragging this with you I think she’s still standing out there Tom.’
‘How are you able to see her and I can’t.’

‘Well just get out and ask her to stay for dinner out tomorrow. I will pick up aunty in the morning.’
‘What are you doing Grissel?’
‘I’m having dinner with my family and don’t say No.’

‘Okay.’ He slipped his shorts on and walked out of bed picking up his t-shirt hung on the wardrobe.
‘I’m hungry too, so maybe after that we can get breakfast together.’
‘I’m on a fast?’ He smiled teasingly.

‘You don’t even know the way around the bible and you are on a fast.’
He winked and walked out leaving the door opened.

Tom on a normal day wouldn’t have listened to Grissel when it’s about her sister but it seemed he figured he had to make up for staying out late yester night.
Melisa who has been leaning against the pillar closer to their room jerked when she heard the door open.
She tried to walk away when Tom called her back.

‘What do you want waking us up?’ He dismissed the anger in his voice.
‘Good morning, Is your wife awake?’
‘What do you need from her?’

‘Tampax.’ She answered. Melisa wasn’t sure if Grissel uses the same product type but she needed help.
‘What’s Tampax?’
‘It’s ladi….’ She was saying when she was saved by the bell.

‘Tom, too much questions. Please come for it.’ Grissel could actually hear them from where she stood in the room dressing up.
Tom glanced at her sister and went back in.
‘You have Tampax?’ He asked curiously.

She nodded.
‘Why am I not aware you keep delicacies in here?’
Grissel laughed so hard.

‘What’s so funny right now?’
‘Tampax is just sanitary pad.’ She clarified.
‘I thought every lady uses always pad.’

‘No but I can’t believe your sister is actually shy to tell you she needs sanitary pad.’ She teased handing him a pack of Tampax pad.
He took it and reached out to her car keys on top of the wardrobe.
‘So this is Tampax but how did she even know you use this brand?’

‘She probably guessed.’
‘I know she’s pretending to like you now.’
‘That’s her own problem Tom. Just get her the damn pad already.’

‘This your new friendship with Lisa, I have to investigate.’ He muttered raising his brows.
‘Help yourself and don’t forget to tell her she’s staying for dinner tomorrow.

‘Got it.’ He replied and walked out.
Melisa was pacing up and down when he got there.
‘Here you go.’

‘Thank you and I will need my car keys.’
He handed it over quietly without a word. He stared at her weirdly and she smiled at him.
‘Dinner Tom.’ Grissel yelled out reminding him of the dinner plans.

‘You don’t need to leave today. Grissel wants you to hav…’
‘Tom?’ Grissel yelled out once again and he scratched his head.
Scratching his head reminded her of how her mom used to tease their Dad. She laughed without even knowing it.

‘What is funny?’ He asked.
‘Nothing, you remind me of mom.’
‘So?’ He asked rudely.

‘So I made her favorite breakfast for you this morning.’
Tom ignored what she said because he never met his mom.
‘As I was saying before you interrupted, you have to wait for dinner tomorrow so you can’t leave.’ He said with an authoritative tone and rushed back in.

Melisa found it funny and smiled to herself.
‘You are so terrible at asking women out.’ Grissel laughed when he closed the door behind him.
‘But you fell for this same charm.’

‘I wonder how I fell for you.’ She teased back.
‘Can we eat now, Melisa claimed she made breakfast.’
‘I thought you are on fast.’

‘Not anymore when I just used up all my energy.’ He muttered.
‘After you my love.’ She slipped her legs inside her flip flops.
*****TBC

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 5:51am On May 21, 2018
Okay at the moment, I cannot access Google Services, I actually had to use a public café's network to update which isn't even assured for the next few weeks. Instead of leaving the blog without updates, Oyinprince would update on his site. He's the only one I could reach out to without using google services so he will drop his site link later.

2 Likes

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Pearl05(f): 7:37am On May 21, 2018
Thanks love
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Mhizdebs(f): 9:42am On May 21, 2018
thanks dearie.
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 6:35am On May 22, 2018
cbella:
Okay at the moment, I cannot access Google Services, I actually had to use a public café's network to update which isn't even assured for the next few weeks. Instead of leaving the blog without updates, Oyinprince would update on his site. He's the only one I could reach out to without using google services so he will drop his site link later.

Alright dear
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Ann2012(f): 10:15am On May 22, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 4:54am On May 23, 2018
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by emperorblog(m): 6:16am On May 23, 2018
REQD COOL AND INTERESTING STORY ON www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Eleniyan007(m): 5:49pm On May 26, 2018
Update dis tin na
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Leesah(f): 2:35pm On May 27, 2018
Cbella dear, I just started reading and I must say, you have done well once again. Thanks dear
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 12:27am On May 29, 2018
Blemished Love Episode 9
© Loudest Thoughts 2018
All Rights Reserved.

‘Jones why wasn’t I told we had new investors.’ Tom asked angrily storming into her colleague’s office.

‘I thought you knew besides Stella mentioned you had your hands full so had to do the presentation on your behalf.’ Jones explained.

‘Stella huh!’ He exclaimed and rushed off banging the door in the process.

It has been three weeks since Stella took over and her attitude towards him has gone from bad to worse. She practically gave his job to his other colleagues which he was much better at.

Tom wanted to resign last week but Grissel thought it was a bad idea. He hates not to be in control especially when a woman is involved.

‘She’s not even a woman but a girl. Who does she think she is?’ He hissed and pulled his drawer and brought out the envelope containing the resignation letter.

He paced up and down then went out headed to Stella’s office.

Tom barged in while Stella’s Secretary followed in order to stop him.

‘Who do you think you are to side line me when it comes to investors?’ He scowled.

Stella raised up her head from her laptop where she was busy working on some files and signaled her secretary to leave.

‘First it was calling me to report to work on a Sunday and then working late into the night throughout last week which wasn’t part of my contract.’ He yelled at her.

She adjusted herself on her swivel chair and stared at him without a word which was unlike her.

He remembered working late last week for her and she was around giving her lots of pressure and yelling on top of her voice but today was different.

Tom was surprised at her demeanor and stood in the middle of the room scratching his head. He was expecting her to yell or throw him out of her office as she did last week.

For a whole minute she just kept staring at him which was unusual.

Tom thought he saw a smile on her face which was quickly replaced by that same stare earlier.

He felt embarrassed, dropped the envelope and walked out briskly closing the door behind him.

Stella shook her head and picked up the envelope and read the contents.

‘Did I go too far with this unfair treatment?’ She asked herself and picked up her phone.

‘Okay, I’m done with this stunts. Just handle him yourself.’ She said and hanged up without allowing the receiver to even breathe.

Tom picked up his necessities since it was just two hours away from closing time and walked out meeting Stella coming out of her office.

Stella stood by the door upon realizing Tom was leaving. She watched him hand over some papers to his secretary.

She found it amusing when the scene earlier in her office flashed her mind. Stella gave out a broad smile. Tom gazed at her and couldn’t tell why she kept smiling when he obviously just handed six years hard work over in a rush to someone who doesn’t deserve it.

*****TBC

'When is your flight?' Julia asked Melisa who was still home munching on her muffin she was hoping to parcel for Tom during the weekend.

'I have 3 hours more before I go.' She responded picking up her next muffin.

'When you make your first transit let me know.'

'I would be fine Aunty. Besides this isn't the first time I'm traveling to another state.'

'I know but you've been moody since we had that Sunday lunch with your brother and his wife and you won't talk about it either.'

'I think I would be fine. I just need to reflect on some things.'

'You can talk to me Lisa.'

'Trust me this has nothing to do with you.'

'Is it something your brother did?'

She shook her head.

'Then?'

'I'm okay aunty.'

'If you say so Lisa.' Julia said and relaxed herself on the couch.

'Hey you are home early three days in a row.'

'I tried to make dinner, I'm not sure you would like it.'

Tom said quickly not to look suspicious. He doesn't want to tell her yet until he figures out his next plan especially knowing Grissel would want to help which he wasn't comfortable with.

'You? Tom? Dinner?'

'Grissel sprawled around to watch her husband who was already leading her to the kitchen when she came in that evening.

'Yes, your husband made dinner. Just come with me.' He dragged her along.

Grissel hasn't suspected Tom resigned because he usually was the last to leave home. And comes home late which obviously now has changed but she didn't think he would go ahead when they had already discussed it.

Grissel scooped the spaghetti mixed with sauce with her bare hands after tossing it in a bowl of water in the sink ignoring the cutlery.

'How does it taste?' He asked after few seconds.

'Too much salt.'

'Give me some credit Grissel. I spent the whole afternoon on that sauce.'

'The whole afternoon?' Grissel retorted.

'Yeah, weren't you at work?'

'No, yes I mean the whole evening.' Tom stuttered.

Grissel stared at him.

'Tom what's going on?'

'I don't understand your question.' He feigned ignorance.

'A day before yesterday was you greeting me at the door with sandwich, yesterday was pancake and today spaghetti sauce.'

'So? Can't I pamper my wife anymore without questions?'

'Of course you can but Tom I know you hate cooking. Even if you were given the whole world you wouldn't.'

'So you don't want my surprise.' He frowned.

'I didn’t mean that Tom.'

'Then what do you mean?'

'I should be asking you what you want because mostly it's either you are apologizing for something or you need something. So which one is it?' Grissel was still suspicious.

'What about I just love my wife and wanted to surprise her.'

'Alright, I will set the table.' She said washing her hands.

'Thank you and sorry I over used the salt.'

'We will manage Tom.' She whispered and set out to dish the food while Tom watched.

Stella walked into her office and came out abruptly.

He still hasn't reported?' She asked her P.A.

'Miss Stella, he resigned.' She responded reminding her.

'Yeah of course.' Stella touched her head as if to make a mental note.

She walked away from her briskly back inside her office.

'I was hoping he wasn't serious about resigning and it's been a week.' She whispered to herself and picked up her phone.

'Tom, why are you not answering the call.'

'Huh!' He came out of his reverie.

'Your phone is ringing.' She said again.

He picked it up from the bed where he was seated pretending to be dressing up for work while Grissel was opposite him fixing her ear rings.

'You hanged up again.'

'Yeah, it's just Mike.'

'Mike? This early?' Grissel questioned.

'Probably arranging a weekend out.'

'Tom, I know you resigned. And that call earlier was probably your lady boss or secretary.'

His face shot up.

'Come on, don't be surprised, you are easy to read, main reason why I keep leaving Lunch and coming home early for the past week.

I'm sorry, I didn't want you to feel I needed your help.'

'And what's wrong in needing your wife's help.'

'Well, I'm supposed to be the man of t.....'

'And I remember we were joined as one.'

'That's different Grissel.'

'Okay, I’m running late. Let's talk about it when I get back.'

'Are you angry?'

'Not yet but there's lunch in the microwave.'

She picked up her bag and left him to himself.

Grissel figured it out because they discussed it and suddenly Tom started cooking which was strange so she called the office to confirm. But knowing Tom, she understood he prefers keeping work challenges to himself.

The last time she was just lucky he told her about the decision to resign which she thought she managed to convince him not to.

To be continued

Read Episode 10 here - http://youngicee.com/2018/05/blemished-love-episode-10.html

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by skubido(m): 1:27pm On May 29, 2018
Tanks a lot for the update boss. God bless
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Nickibeauty(f): 11:04am On Jun 02, 2018
Nice one waiting for the next update
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE EPISODE 10

© Loudest Thoughts 2018

All Rights Reserved

Lisa felt a tap on her shoulder and tried to wipe the sleep out of her eyes.
A blonde built guy was staring at her. His eyes rolled and Melisa thought his brown eyes were beautiful.
Melisa quickly shrugged off her thoughts and fixated her eyes on the video playing in front of her.
'Would you care for some wine?' He asked Melisa and then signaling the air hostess who was passing by with a wine trolley.
Melisa glared at him, turned off the video and coiled back to her sleeping position.
She sprung up after a few seconds when she remembered he wasn’t sitting with her earlier. Melisa quickly checked her bag and realized her belongings were still intact without looking at him in the face.
She closed her bag discreetly, held it tight and then raised up her head slowly to meet his gaze already on him.
Melisa quickly took her eyes off him.
'You are a beauty.' He said not hiding his smile.
Melisa clutched her bag tightly while ignoring his compliment earlier.
There was silence that moment as the announcement siren rang.
'You know I can't really steal from a beauty like you.' He whispered whiles the announcement still went on.
Melisa didn't find it funny. She never liked flying economy class but she had no other choice when her flight was canceled when she got to the airport which resulted in late booking.
'You know I saw you before the flight took off. You seemed angry then and I was told you didn't like economy class so I decided to keep you company but you were asleep when I came around.'
Melisa snapped her finger at the airhostess who was passing by with her trolley ignoring him.
'Can I have some water please?'
She got her water and gulped it at once.
'You were that thirsty?'
He realized she was not going to answer any of her questions so he kept quiet for a while.
'I’m Dane. I can see you didn't like the fact that I moved from my section to keep you company while you slept.’ He waved his hands as he spoke. ‘I just thought you were alone here and would like to talk to someone as you were really furious while getting on board but I would take my leave now.'
Dane said and stood up. He took another glance at her and she was looking out of the window so he walked away to his first class section.
'Finally.' She sighed and relaxed her head against the seat.
'Dad, I think I went too far.' Stella confessed to her Dad after another week of Tom not showing up for work.
'With what?'
'Tom?' She replied.
'What are you talking about?' Mr. Medt wasn’t sure if he was fit for bad news.
'He resigned last week and efforts to bring him back hasn't been fruitful.'
'He resigned or you pushed him to do that.' Mr. Medt asked.
'I kind of was a little too much to handle but how was I supposed to know he was that sensitive.'
'He's a man Stella.'
'But still doesn't explain why he would want to resign from what he loved doing.'
'Tom has always been proactive and could be a control freak sometimes but he's the pillar of my business.'
'Yeah I noticed that but how do I get him back.' She asked excitedly.
'Give him time Stella.'
'I don't have that much time Dad.’ Stella felt disappointed. ‘Last week, the investors left because they didn’t like Jones presentation.’
'Oh really, which of the investors.'
'Kyle Ltd.'
'That company always loved Tom's work.'
'Yeah I heard they always preferred him to others anytime they come along for investment.'
'You got to get him back somehow.' Her Dad announced.
'He's not answering my calls.'
'Go to his house.' He suggested.
'Great idea Dad, I would get his address from his file tomorrow.'
'Alright, just make sure his wife is around, that would make it easier.'
'Sure, I would go tomorrow in the afternoon, by then they should be back from church.'
'Come here baby girl. I know I pushed a lot of responsibility on you but i trust you can handle it.' Mr. Medt opened his arms wide for Stella who was sitting opposite him.
Stella went for a hug and a peck.
'Is it a father daughter time?' Mrs. Medts appeared from the kitchen.
'Mom I'm starving.' She said admiring the sandwich she brought for her Dad that afternoon.
'This is for my husband. Get yours in the kitchen.'
She frowned. 'Is that your new way of telling me I need to get my own husband?' She said walking away.
'I'm glad you read between the lines.' Her mom said and she smiled rushing to the kitchen.
'Please hand me the shoe polish.' Tom who was sitting on the couch where Grissel dropped the shoe polish earlier asked.
'It's right there beside you.' She replied fixing her eyes on her own heels.
'Are you still angry about my resignation?' Tom asked grabbing the polish himself.
'I told you I was okay Tom.'
'You wouldn’t have asked Austin for help the other day, if you were really fine.'
'I'm supposed to be a help mate and not that kind of wife who doesn't care what her husband goes through.'
'Alright, but I don't need help from my friends.'
'There he goes again. Why don't you get over your pride and go back to work.'
'What’s with you and work. I said I don't want to go back there. Just let it go.' He snarled.
'Calm down Tom, I was just trying to be a wife.'
'Be that wife to someone else and leave me alone. It's not like you feed me by yourself.' He announced and walked out on her.
Grissel picked up her bag and left him behind. She knew that anger earlier won't settle down soon so she had to go alone to service.

_____

Stella knocked on Tom’s door. Tom heard the gate opened but figured it was his wife so he relaxed back on his couch.
The knock became deafening so he stood up angrily as he didn’t understand why she should knock in her own house.
‘What the he….’ He paused at the door once he turned the knob and saw Stella standing with her hands behind her back.
‘Hey.’ Stella flashed him a radiant smile.
‘Are you stalking me now?’ He asked rather calmly.
Stella stared at his bare chest as he was warm earlier and needed fresh air.
‘Can I come in?’
‘No, and you can go now.’ He dismissed her and walked an inch away.
Stella quickly grabbed his left hand and released him when Tom turned around.
She smiled. ‘I came to apologize for the way I treated you.’
She paused and examined his expression. Stella hoped he could say something at that moment.
‘Are you done?’ He finally asked.
She nodded. ‘Is your wife around?’
‘Did you come to see my wife?’
‘No, but I was hoping you could return to work tomorrow.’
‘Okay, kindly leave now.’
‘But yo….’
‘I said leave now.’ He scowled.
Stella drew back for a second and when it seemed he was serious, she walked away without looking back.
She drove away and Grissel’s car appeared.
‘Henry, this is twice in a week and I noticed you have been following me for some time now.’ Grissel said to Henry who was sitting across the table in her office that Monday morning.
After that Sunday argument with Tom, she left early to work so she could avoid him for some time.
‘You noticed.’ He grinned.
‘I’m not naïve and stop stalking me else Tom would hear about this.’
‘You haven’t told him yet?’
‘Just stop, I don’t like it.’
‘But I do and Melisa doesn’t seem to have a problem if her brother leaves you.’
‘Melisa?’
‘Yes, she gave me lots of support.
‘Of course, if not her who else.’ She responded not surprised because she knew Melisa never liked her even though she seemed to have accepted her some few weeks back.
‘Tom doesn’t deserve you Grissel.’ He spewed out when he realized she was lost in her thoughts.
‘And you do Henry.’
‘Smart question my love.’ He smiled happily.
‘I can see you loss some screws in your head.’
‘I lost them because I fell in love with you.’
‘You what?’
‘Wasn’t that obvious Grissel. I have been in love with you for the whole time you were with Tom.’ He smiled weirdly. ‘I just want a chance to prove myself to you.’
‘Now it’s official. You need psych evaluation Henry.’ She said with disgust.
‘Maybe it’s because I fell for the wrong woman.’
‘Yeah, I’m wrong for you so just leave me alone else I will get a restraining order against you.’ Grissel sounded confused.
Her door opened quietly and the lawyer she recommended to him months ago came in.
‘Henry, can I see you now. I need your friend’s details for the divorce proceedings.’ She announced, waved at Grissel and vanished.
‘You see, I’m getting everything ready for your divorce so I can have you all to myself.’
‘Don’t tell me, that story you told me about your friend was about me.’
‘Of course love.’
‘Get out Henry,’ she yelled throwing the vase on her table at him.
Henry blew her a kiss and rushed out.
‘Goodness, how didn’t I see that coming? Tom, I’m in trouble.’ She rested on her swivel chair confused.
She now understood why she bumps into him at every shopping center and her office lately. Though she was always worried, she thought telling Tom would just create problems in her marriage.
‘How can he be sleeping with Melisa and still connive with her to destroy my marriage.’ She thought so aloud.
***TBC
EPISODE 11
‘So what did Grissel say when you told her you loved her?’ Melisa queried Henry who told her he spoke with Grissel last week.
'Lisa, your phone is ringing.' Henry announced from under the duvet before he could answer her first question.
'Is that my Aunt again?' She has been ignoring Julia's call since last night. 'No, the number isn't registered among your contacts.'
'Answer it then.' She yelled out to him again from the shower.
Melisa hasn't gone home since she came back from her event planning trip last weekend.
Henry slides the receive button to the right.
'Hello, she's in the shower and would have to call you back.' He said to the caller.
Dane on the other side of the call sighed heavily and hanged up.
'Mel, he hanged up.' Henry said pulling up his boxers and walking towards the bathroom.
'He? Did he leave a name?'
'No, but I felt his breath.' He announced popping her head inside the bathroom.
'And you know it's a man how?' Melisa asked grabbing a towel.
'I told you earlier, I felt his breath.'
'Yeah but it could be a woman or probably a client.'
'A client who calls and hangs up after hearing the voice of another man.' Henry sounded angry.
'Of course, people do that all the time.'
'You can't fool me you know.' He fumed.
'Wait, what's going on here? Are you jealous?' She asked stepping out of the shower with just a towel around her chest which was too short to cover her whole body.
'Jealous? No.' He feigned and walked after her.
'Then let's drop this discussion because it won't take us anywhere.' Melisa told him and sat on the bed reaching out for body cream in her traveling bag.
He dropped the phone beside her and it started to ring.
Henry looked back and watched Melisa staring at the phone.
'Won't you pick up?'
She looked at him annoyingly and picked up the call.
'Hello, Melisa here.'
'Great, the other voice announced.'
'Great, is that a name?'
'I'm sorry, I called earlier but hanged up when I thought I got a wrong line because a male picked up.
'How can I help you gentleman.' She said grabbing Henry's attention from where he was seated.
'I understand you are into event planning and I would need to meet you for an event I want to have soon.'
'Alright, can I have your schedule so I can fix in my plans.'
'Can we meet next week Tuesday?'
'Yeah, Tuesday is fine.'
'Dallas.' He further added.
'Dallas? That's several hours away from my place.'
'Seattle right?’ He probably got that from her website.
‘Yes, and I can’t waste all my resources on a pre-event journey.’
‘I understand but all expenses would be covered.'
'Expenses isn't the problem but it's a whole lot of hours to spend on a single journey.
'I thought you were supposed to be the best.' Dane mentioned.
'Well, I could be but I'm just being honest with you.'
'Okay, I will get someone around here.' Dane announced.
'Hold on, can you send me details of the event and your plans to my mail. I will send you my email address once I hang up.' She glanced towards Henry’s direction.
'Thank you beauty.'
Melisa thought that phrase sounded familiar.
'The name is Meli....'
'Yeah Melisa Addison. I will be expecting your mail. Do have a nice day.' Dane said finally and hanged up.
'Who was that?' Henry asked jerking her out of her reverie.
'A weird client.' She replied and focused on her blouse.
He rolled his eyes. 'Do you have to go back home today?'
'Yeah, unless you want my aunty to start suspecting I'm back in town.'
'But we are still meeting later in the evening right.'
'I think I will get a rain check on that.'
Henry saw the sudden change of mood so he nodded and left her in the bedroom.
‘Hey you are home early.’
‘Uhmmm.’ Grissel hummed.
Tom figured she wasn’t going to respond to any of his questions so he nodded.
‘By the way, my boss was here last week Sunday.’
‘Okay.’ She replied faintly and focused back on the program she was watching when Tom came in that evening.
‘Just okay?’ He asked staring at her.
‘Your food is in the microwave, let me know if I should help you warm it?’ She quietly said raising herself up.
‘You had dinner without me?’
‘Ahaaa.’ She slowly responded.
‘And you couldn’t just wait for me again.’ He asked sounding a little angry because it seemed to him Grissel has been doing that lately when she knew they always eat together when he intends not to stay out late.
‘It’s past seven pm Tom and I was hungry.’
‘No wonder you look fat this evening. Anyway, that’s fine but I’m not hungry tonight.’ He muttered carefully as he knew Grissel has been cranky since their last Sunday disagreement.
‘Good and I’m not fat.’
‘I will be waiting for you in bed then.’ Tom dropped his car keys on the coffee table beside his wife and walked upstairs.
Grissel gave him the funny look and turned off the TV.
Dane arranged for Melisa to be picked up at the airport once she agreed to meet him. She was picked up and sent to his house.
‘Hey, you made it.’ Dane announced behind her.
Melisa thought the voice sounded familiar from where she sat with her hand luggage. She quickly turned around.
‘You got to be kidding me.’ She picked up her luggage and moved towards the door she came through earlier.
‘Please don’t go. I really need this event to hold.’
‘Handle that yourself.’ She muttered and walked to the door.
‘Daddy, is she here with my birthday crown?’ The little girl run to him.
Her tiny voice grabbed Melisa’s attention. She turned around and their eyes met.
‘She was just leaving Dani.’
‘Did you yell at her Daddy?’
‘No, I didn’t love.’ He replied carrying her moving towards the couch Melisa vacated earlier.
‘Then why was she leaving.’
Dane looked up at Melisa who seemed indecisive standing at the door.
‘You don’t like me?’ Daniella asked staring at Melisa.
She dropped her luggage and feigned a smile.
‘Dani that’s not a nice thing to say.’ Her dad poked her cheeks playfully.
‘So why won’t she help me get my princess crown and birthday party.’
‘We would figure out something.’
‘That’s a trick Daddy.’ She frowned. ‘Tell her about mommy, she might want to help if she knows our story.’
‘We are not going to do that.’ Dane sounded cranky.
‘Then how do I get my party.’ She threw tantrums.
‘Daddy could always get you another event planner.’ He smiled to convince her.
‘Bu….’ Dani was cut off.
‘I would take the offer.’ Melisa said quickly while staring at Daniella.
Both father and daughter looked back at her. Dani with her dad certainly reminded her of how she wished her childhood turned out.
Anytime Dani wanted something she always had her way when she goes about telling everyone her mom died saving her.
Daniella rushed from her dad’s lap towards Melisa. She opened her arms for her unconsciously.
‘Can I have a cake with my face on it?’ She whispered into Melisa’s ears while she was still across her shoulder.
‘I think I can arrange that.’ She replied bringing her down while Dane looked on sheepishly.
‘I’m Daniella Sculley but everyone calls me Dani because I have the same name as my dad.’
‘Awesome name there. I’m Melisa but most people call me Lisa.’ A smile appeared across her face.
‘I like you already.’ She muttered and run back to her dad.’
‘Birthday girl, can you give daddy and your new friend here some space.’ He said pointing to Melisa who was smiling unconsciously.
Dani rushed off and paused. ‘Don’t yell at her, I would be watching.’ She smiled and disappeared into the next room.
Dane gave her a thumbs up with a smile. He then turned around to locate Melisa with her arms crossed watching their drama.
‘So you would get the party planned after all.’
‘For your little girl, I would but on one condition.’
‘Anything for you beauty.’
‘I’m not staying in this house with you for the next few days.’
‘I figured you might say that, so I got a hotel booked for you.’
‘That’s a relief, so how do I get there.’ She managed to ask with clarity.
‘I would drive you there and my driver picks you up tomorrow so we go over the details.’
‘Works for me.’ She replied.
‘Let me get my keys then.’ He whispered and walked out of the hall.
Melisa looked around admiring the décor and furnishings.
‘After you.’ He came back shortly to announce while picking up her bag which Melisa quickly snatched from him.
‘Wow, she doesn’t like to be helped as well.’
‘Yes and one more thing. Stop calling me beauty.’
‘I can try.’ He smiled coyly.
She walked away that moment and turned the knob opening the door while Dane followed.

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
‘I didn’t think you would be coming to bed anytime soon today.’ Tom reached out for the bed light.
‘Gosh, you scared the hell out of me.’ Grissel thought he was already asleep.
‘What is going on with you Grissel?’
‘Why do you say that?’ She asked while slipping herself under the duvet.
‘You’ve been quiet and different towards me for some weeks now.’
‘This isn’t about you Tom.’
‘Then talk to me. Are you okay?’
‘I’m fine, just some work stuff.’
‘Which has something to do with me?’
‘I didn’t say that. We had a disagreement and that’s different from my work problems.’
‘Okay, I know we agreed we keep our work problems out of our marriage but if I can help…..’
‘You can’t help Tom.’
He nodded.
‘But can I at least hold my wife tonight.’
‘Emmm, not until you apolo….’
‘I’m sorry for reacting that way on Sunday.’
‘Good, I’m more offended about the fact that you didn’t make it to service.’
‘That I’m sorry about too.’
‘Tom we are too young in this marriage to start having this petty disagreements.’
‘Arguments are normal Grissel.’
‘I know that, except you get unnecessarily angry over nothing.’
‘I do that?’ He asked staring at her.’
‘Ahaaa.’
‘It won’t happen again.’ He reached out for her hands and Grissel smiled leaning over for a kiss.
Tom had a feeling Grissel was worried over something she has no plans of talking about.
'That was a great turn out.'
Dane said behind Melisa who was standing on the balcony of his house where they had Dani's party.
'Yeah, I love your little girl.'
'You do?'
'She's a sweet girl. See how happy she is rocking her eighth year party.' Melisa gestured towards Dani.
'I'm glad you think she's sweet.'
He smiled at her.
'What’s that smile for?' She enquired.
'Nothing, I'm happy you made this happen for her. I wanted to take her out for a simple dinner like I always do but my Dani wants a big party for a change this year.'
'A girl knows what she wants.' She muttered.
'I can tell. Dani can be persuasive at times.'
'Why did you change your mind then?' Melisa asked.
'At first, I refused until I saw you at the waiting area that morning then I changed my mind.'
Melisa glanced at him.
'You changed your mind because you saw me. How, why?'
'Well nothing really, I was fascinated about your ranting. You defended JJ's Events so well. I looked you up that's how I got your number.'
'Did I?' She asked embarrassed.
'I would have done the same thing if I were in your shoes.'
'I'm sure I made a fool out of myself.'
'If you hadn't then I wouldn't have met you to give my Dani this awesome party.'
'I see.'
'What exactly do you see beauty.'
'Beauty?' She repeated much comfortable around him now.
'Yes, no one ever told you how beautiful you are?'
'That would be my dad.'
'Daddy’s girl, I guess.'
'Kind of.' She replied, waving Dani who was playing with her friends.
'Let me just cut the pretense here.'
'Pretense?' She muttered.
'You do know I like you right?'
Melisa fixed her eyes on him.
'Oh come on, you must have known that was the reason I asked you all the way down here.'
'So you didn't ask me here because of the party?'
'That's also part but I like you and my daughter seems to like you too so.....'
'So you figured I should be her next mom?'
Danes face suddenly went pale.
'Sorry, did I say anything wrong.' Melisa quickly took her words back.
'No and I didn't mean to come out that way.' He smiled.
'Great, but what's her story.'
'Who?' He asked.
'Dani's mom.'
'She passed away even before child birth. It was a miracle Dani survived.' He scratched his head and glanced at Dani who looked up the balcony and smiled to her dad.
'I'm sorry about that.'
'It's been eight years and we both are over her death.'
'Glad to hear that,' she replied him.
'So can we date?'
'Wow, he's a straight forward guy.'
'Yeah, I know what I want when I see it.'
'And you want me?' Melisa during her few days around him started to feel comfortable as compared to when she first met him.
'Is there someone else?'
Melisa glared at him and quickly took her eyes off him.
'Oh silly me, it must be the guy, I spoke to when I called you the first time.'
'Who? Henry? No.' she said almost immediately.
'Henry huh!'
'It's not what you think, I mean we are just friends.'
'Friends?’ He repeated.
'Yeah, one that’s got my back always.’
'With benefits I guess.'
'Well that’s not a crime anywhere.'
'So what about me?' He changed the topic.
'I'm not sure I want another.....'
'Daddy, my friends are ready for pictures.' Dani rushed hugging him by the waist interrupting his moment.
'Okay, let's go.' He flashed Melisa a smile.
'Are you coming with us?' Daniella asked her while dragging her dad along.
'No, it's your day Dani.'
'Dad let's go.'
'Hold that thought.' He told Melisa before leaving.
Melisa smiled coyly and walked away to the domestic helps in the house. She gave them some instructions, picked up her bag and left.

Read up to episode 13 here - www.youngicee.com/category/blemished-love

2 Likes

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Pearl05(f): 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2018
Thanks Cbella and oyiprince
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by skubido(m): 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2018
Tanks a lot for the update. God bless
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by mercyymai(f): 10:52am On Jun 04, 2018
more update pls.

nice story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. / Melina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 230
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.