Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State (15683 Views)

Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria / Night View Of Maiduguri, Borno State (Photos) / Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Afamed: 12:25pm On May 08, 2018
toscolee:
You didn't list all the tribes. They still have another one called Kan-Ikulu, who have a high percentage of christians. Biu residents are mostly fishermen and farmers. Biu is close to Adamawa state.
Also closer to Gombe. A road down from the keystone bank will lead you to Gombe state under 50mints

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by ReneeNuttall(f): 12:25pm On May 08, 2018
madridguy:
Make we visit together?

Will u pay for my flight ticket and other expenses?If yes then Jé suis alés.
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Afamed: 12:26pm On May 08, 2018
timolala:
why r u surprised to see Christians in biu? Bornu is actually Christian dominated as well as adamawa also alkaleri & bogoro in bauchi state, home to Hon Yakubu dogara and many places in the north. Thanks to ECWA and COCIN church.
Don't say what you are not sure of. Borno is not a christian dominated state. If you say there are communities like Chibok dominated by Christian no doubt about that but not the entire Borno state.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by rita25(f): 12:28pm On May 08, 2018
OP you forgot to add thatBIU in hausa means TWO AS IN 2!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by sessydu: 12:30pm On May 08, 2018
You forgot to talk about the weather. Much more better than Maidugirii. I did mt Nysc in biu, used to shuttle between Hawul LG n dat Army barracks in Biu. The flies in that city is endemic n the weather is very extreme both ways; can be extremely cold n hot. Had fun sha
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by ADUKKY(f): 12:32pm On May 08, 2018
Afamed:

Don't say what you are not sure of. Borno is not a christian dominated state.
There are lots of churches there but it's not Christian dominated.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by lordinoh(m): 12:39pm On May 08, 2018
I did my nysc there. Was a very peaceful village then. But I learnt it bh attacked the town badly.
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Afamed: 12:46pm On May 08, 2018
ADUKKY:
There are lots of churches there but it's not Christian dominated.
He said Borno is dominated by Christian not me.No doubt there are many churches in Borno. Boko Haram really did a lot of damages in Borno state, a very peaceful and accommodating people before BH influence.
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Sagay212: 12:53pm On May 08, 2018
the only thing worth knowing about a place like that is that it is a terrible and dangerous place to live in .

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by toscolee(m): 12:56pm On May 08, 2018
Afamed:

Also closer to Gombe. A road down from the keystone bank will lead you to Gombe state under 50mints
You are right.
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by opribo(m): 12:59pm On May 08, 2018
Just as they have North and South Korea maybe we should have same in Nigeria with separate government because there is nothing in common.
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by nanz(m): 1:00pm On May 08, 2018
U forgot to say that part of biu belong to adamawa state too. Only the michika Road separate the two states.
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Afamed: 1:09pm On May 08, 2018
Sagay212:
the only thing worth knowing about a place like that is that it is a terrible and dangerous place to live in .
That was when BH came. I am not a Northern but most Northern states are more secured than our states here in the South. Biu before BH came, you can go in and out at any time without anyone robbing you of your belongings. My first day of visiting Maiduguri was over 13yrs ago. I got their without knowing anyone around 10pm with my belongings. A bike man took me to the hotel without exploiting me with additional charges despite he knew i was a first time caller. Try that in any of the Southern states.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Sagay212: 1:16pm On May 08, 2018
Afamed:

That was when BH came. I am not a Northern but most Northern states are more secured than our states here in the South. Biu before BH came, you can go in and out at any time without anyone robbing you of your belongings. My first day of visiting Maiduguri was over 13yrs ago. I got their without knowing anyone around 10pm with my belongings. A bike man took me to the hotel without exploiting me with additional charges despite he knew i was a first time caller. Try that in any of the Southern states.

I'll rather get robbed in any of the southern states than get bombed or slaughtered like a chicken in northern states. thank you
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Afamed: 1:26pm On May 08, 2018
nanz:
U forgot to say that part of biu belong to adamawa state too. Only the michika Road separate the two states.
No part of Biu belongs to Adamawa. Biu is totally a community in Borno state. The parts you are referring to are Uba/ Michika. When you are in Uba which belongs to Borno state, the moment you move a bit further, you get yo Michika which belongs to Adamawa state,thereafter you move further you get to another communities that belong to Borno state.
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by AustineCJ: 1:29pm On May 08, 2018
The biu I know is majorly a christian region...they are one of the most educated people in Borno as a whole...I stayed in Maiduguri for 10years n visited the area quite a number of time.
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Emycord: 1:30pm On May 08, 2018
chatinent:

Source: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=46&t=511&st=0#entry999
@ POINT 1 Being A Christian In Biu Southern Borno Is Not A Surprise. Rather Being muslim In Biu Is
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Afamed: 1:34pm On May 08, 2018
Sagay212:

I'll rather get robbed in any of the southern states than get bombed or slaughtered like a chicken in northern states. thank you
A nigga was just robbed and shot dead on Friday of his phone at Mazoje in Warri . Every state has its peculiarity. Until you move out of your comfort zone and see not all Northern states are bombed like you are made to believe in Newspapers
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:47pm On May 08, 2018
wow..that's true...I serve in Gombi lga of Adamawa n took a sight seeing tour from garkida to biu....it's was fun....very peaceful...dats way back in 2010. . .wonder wat there wil look like now

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Sagay212: 1:53pm On May 08, 2018
Afamed:

A nigga was just robbed and shot dead on Friday of his phone at Mazoje in Warri . Every state has its peculiarity. Until you move out of your comfort zone and see not all Northern states are bombed like you are made to believe in Newspapers

why will I want to move out of my comfort zone to the north when i know the dangers. heck getting simple treatment for ailments is a big task in the north. there's too many problems there. living in that part of nigeria can slow you down and reduce one's IQ.
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by chatinent: 1:59pm On May 08, 2018
All your comments are highly welcome.
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Afamed: 1:59pm On May 08, 2018
Sagay212:

why will I want to move out of my comfort zone to the north when i know the dangers. heck getting simple treatment for ailments is a big task in the north. there's too many problems there. living in that part of nigeria can slow you down and reduce one's IQ.
You are entitled to your choice and opinion. But get the fact, what is being projected on the face of Newspapers in the North is far from the reality on ground in the North.
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Moblord(m): 2:05pm On May 08, 2018
I stay in Biu.. OP Are u a student of naites?
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by akaahs(m): 2:25pm On May 08, 2018
That ur no. 7 is not hijab per say but most Christian nd some Muslim women prefer ghele
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Sagay212: 2:25pm On May 08, 2018
Afamed:

You are entitled to your choice and opinion. But get the fact, what is being projected on the face of Newspapers in the North is far from the reality on ground in the North.

please project what is on ground to us, that's if you have anything on ground.
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 08, 2018
chatinent:
I await comments.
and that place produce the deadliest terrorist in Africa
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Olumyyde(m): 3:01pm On May 08, 2018
To think that I've been in Biu before amazes me, I even made a friend there. Yoruba man navigating d north like home. I enjoy northern Nigeria shaaaa. GOD bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by divineappo(m): 3:04pm On May 08, 2018
chatinent:

Source: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=46&t=511&st=0#entry999
I have been to Biu town , I went there sourcing for moringa seed some years back, kanuri tribe pple are also in biu.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Emycord: 3:06pm On May 08, 2018
Afamed:

Don't say what you are not sure of. Borno is not a christian dominated state. If you say there are communities like Chibok dominated by Christian no doubt about that but not the entire Borno state.
Guy Stop Lies Borno Is More Christian Than Muslim. If You Say The Kanuri Are Mostly Muslim And Form A Single Block Of Muslim I'll Agree But If Other Minor Christian Tribe Come Together They Are More In Number Than Muslims
Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by Emycord: 3:14pm On May 08, 2018
rita25:
OP you forgot to add thatBIU in hausa means TWO AS IN 2!!!!!!
Guy Park Well joor Its Not A Hausa Topic. Borno Is Not A Hausa State Nor Is Biu A Hausa Settlement. Why Do You Guys See North As Hausa Land? Two In Hausa Is BiYu Not Biu. Biu In This Case Is Pronounced As Bew

2 Likes

Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by BobTeeJoe: 3:21pm On May 08, 2018
I did my NYSC in College of Education, Waka, Biu in 1999. Peaceful place. People there are friendly.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State by rita25(f): 3:23pm On May 08, 2018
emycord how edey do you for body?
Emycord:
Guy Park Well joor Its Not A Hausa Topic. Borno Is Not A Hausa State Nor Is Biu A Hausa Settlement. Why Do You Guys See North As Hausa Land? Two In Hausa Is BiYu Not Biu. Biu In This Case Is Pronounced As Bew

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Agony In South-East As Most Federal Roads Collapse / What Do Nigeria Benefit As A Member Of The British Commonwealth. / Saudi Arabia Suspends Entry For Umrah Pilgrimage Over Coronavirus Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.