Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Nokia 2 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 2 (4075 Views)

Nokia 2 Specifications And Photos / Nokia 2 To Have A 4000mah Battery And To Cost Just $99 / Nokia 2 Emerged As Tecno And Infinix Are Dying Slowly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 7:33am On May 08, 2018
Started hunting for a good and affordable phone last month. Had several choices. I decided to try Nokia 2 as it falls within my budget. Read several reviews both good and bad. Yesterday I was fortunate to acquire this piece of gadget. Using it over night i can say the phone works flawlessly. The negative reviews are from heavy users who are into games. But for normal everyday activity the phone is good.
Nokia 2 users over to you

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2 by PureMe01: 7:42am On May 08, 2018
geunik:
Started hunting for a good and affordable phone last month. Had several choices. I decided to try Nokia 2 as it falls within my budget. Read several reviews both good and bad. Yesterday I was fortunate to acquire this piece of gadget. Using it over night i can say the phone works flawlessly. The negative reviews are from heavy users who are into games. But for normal everyday activity the phone is good.
Nokia 2 users over to you
still waiting for d review
Re: Nokia 2 by amSTARboy: 8:06am On May 08, 2018
The phone has a premium feel. Nice screen resolution. Long lasting battery. Low Ram size 1gb. The phone is very very slow, can be very annoying. Pocket friendly. I would rate it 3 stars

4 Likes

Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 10:28pm On May 09, 2018
The only downside with this phone is the ram. External as card can be set to act as internal HDD. The camera is cool both front and back. I have use tecno of same mp but you can't compare both. The camera is almost equal par with tecno using 15 mp.
The processor is 2015 model. Most phones of this range use 2015 model processor even MTK. The battery is a monster and takes about 2 hours to charge full from 40%. Have downloaded some apps but no game yet. It is not all that slow. It is the cheapest low end phone with some specs comparative with mid range devices.
It has some level of dust and water resistant close to some high end or feature phones. The cost is worth the phone. I dey enjoy the thing but the day I install heavy apps will be the day I will ask for upgrade. By the way it also comes with gorilla glass 3

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 10:38pm On May 11, 2018
Was working on my blog yesterday with the phone and was saying low memory hence could not perform the task. Went straight to google with the fear that the small ram is the culprit. Even phones with 3gb ram still had same issue. Later discovered that I could not upload the image because that same image was open in another browser. Immediately o close the other browser solution solve. The ear piece that came with the phone is very bad one. Never have I seen such from Nokia. All my phones from beginning have been Nokia except a 2 years period I went for tecno android because Nokia went windows. I hate windows phones with passion.
The 4 g is fast with glo. Just discovered a cool feature. The google voice keyboard works better than previous versions. Now all I do is talk and it translates to text. I can text a full blog post with words of mouth

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2 by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 11, 2018
nice thread
i also use Nokia 2,nd i lv ds phone,d boss dat said its slow up dere(kinda strange to me sha)
mine is fast,always make sure u clean ur cache nd dnt use too much heavy apps at once
d phone is rily premium nd luxurious,wot i dnt rily like is d 1gig ram nd d low memory
Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 8:46pm On May 12, 2018
aro1:
nice thread
i also use Nokia 2,nd i lv ds phone,d boss dat said its slow up dere(kinda strange to me sha)
mine is fast,always make sure u clean ur cache nd dnt use too much heavy apps at once
d phone is rily premium nd luxurious,wot i dnt rily like is d 1gig ram nd d low memory
thanks for your contribution. the internal memory can be upgraded with an external sd card. I have never seen any phone with such capability. The phone sees the external sd as an internal. The only problem i have notice so far is the 1gb ram. Every other thing you said is true. To mye friends who have not asked the price they think am using 100k phone. The phone looks classic.
Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 8:50pm On May 12, 2018
Just got my monthly android security patch update for march. The one for April pop up but i could not update it because i just exhausted my data. The first one was 65mb and this one is 85mb. Will upgrade it when i buy data on Monday.
The front camara have no flash. It uses the screen brightness as flash at night. Not very effective though. The front flashlight captured everything in my room in the night without an extra light. I know tecno do this. Don't know of other phones though.
Re: Nokia 2 by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 12, 2018
geunik:

thanks for your contribution. the internal memory can be upgraded with an external sd card. I have never seen any phone with such capability. The phone sees the external sd as an internal. The only problem i have notice so far is the 1gb ram. Every other thing you said is true. To mye friends who have not asked the price they think am using 100k phone. The phone looks classic.
ds tru, bt am nt rily a fan of micro SD card
abt wot u said abt classic,ds wot a guy in my street also said wen he hold my phone,he said it kind of feel classic
i rily lv ds phone

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 9:10pm On May 12, 2018
When i told my staff yesterday the phone is dust and water resist they were like what is so about it? Just in the evening her phone fell into a pool of water. She picked it up. Today she told me the power button no longer work to par. Now that is where i got some advantages. Nokia 2 is IP57 rated close to iphone x with IP67 if i got it right. I never knew i will be laying my hands soon on a water resist phone. However i have not tried dipping it into any form of water. Maybe u can buy and try it. we will be glad to hear from you. Lol

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 9:15pm On May 12, 2018
aro1:
ds tru, bt am nt rily a fan of micro SD card
abt wot u said abt classic,ds wot a guy in my street also said wen he hold my phone,he said it kind of feel classic
i rily lv ds phone
i always buy an sd card for my phones so this was not a problem to me. Bought 16gb sd card which brought to a total 24gb. The phone os and follow come apps took about 3gb. I can always take out the sd card and use it for another phone in case i want to switch phone. Presently using about 44 apps occupying about 7gb memory
Re: Nokia 2 by HeyCorleone(m): 10:05pm On May 12, 2018
Also use the Nokia 2.

Bought mine in Feb. No I haven't downloaded any Google patch thing reason being low memory and I've not gotten a memory card. Actually I did get one but it turned out to be fake and I was ripped out of my 2k. But I digress.

Been using the phone for 3 months now and I have to say no regrets. Although the phone is much slower than normal for me because the storage is full. That is all my fault, I know.

Premium feel. We're talking Gorilla Screen 3 here. Unfvckwithable.

The camera is superb. Very. For the price range. The back camera is gold. The only issue is it lacks OIS so you have to seriously hold the phone well so it doesn't shake so as to have a clear picture.

For the chap happy for having a water resistant phone, be careful. The phone is not water resistant in the real sense. iP57 is only splash resistant meaning it is resistant to accidental splashes and, occasionally, raindrops. if you drop it in water, you're fvcked up big time. Go On YouTube and search the particular video where someone tried it. So it's very inadvisable.

Nokia really impressed me with this and, God willing, if I have a little cash tomorrow I don't mind upgrading to Nokia 5 or 6 or even Nokia 8.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia 2 by henry007(m): 10:08pm On May 12, 2018
HeyCorleone:
Also use the Nokia 2.

Bought mine in Feb. No I haven't downloaded any Google patch thing reason being low memory and I've not gotten a memory card. Actually I did get one but it turned out to be fake and I was ripped out of my 2k. But I digress.

Been using the phone for 3 months now and I have to say no regrets. Although the phone is much slower than normal for me because the storage is full. That is all my fault, I know.

Premium feel. We're talking Gorilla Screen 3 here. Unfvckwithable.

The camera is superb. Very. For the price range. The back camera is gold. The only issue is it lacks OIS so you have to seriously hold the phone well so it doesn't shake so as to have a clear picture.

For the chap happy for having a water resistant phone, be careful. The phone is not water resistant in the real sense. iP57 is only splash resistant meaning it is resistant to accidental splashes and, occasionally, raindrops. if you drop it in water, you're fvcked up big time. Go On YouTube and search the particular video where someone tried it. So it's very inadvisable.

Nokia really impressed me with this and, God willing, if I have a little cash tomorrow I don't mind upgrading to Nokia 5 or 6 or even Nokia 8.

henry007:
Here's my Nokia 1 Review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0_tqTs5SXw

Nokia 1 is better for running day to day apps and doesn't run into storage issues as fast. Thanks to Android Go
Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 10:07am On May 13, 2018
henry007:

Nokia 1 is better for running day to day apps and doesn't run into storage issues as fast. Thanks to Android Go
less i forget Nokia plan an upgrade to android 8 soon for all Nokia 2 phones
Re: Nokia 2 by henry007(m): 10:21am On May 13, 2018
geunik:

less i forget Nokia plan an upgrade to android 8 soon for all Nokia 2 phones

It's not just Android 8 alone, it's a special kind that manages storage well called the Go edition.

Except they push that one, your memory problems would not be solved
Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 10:47am On May 13, 2018
henry007:

It's not just Android 8 alone, it's a special kind that manages storage well called the Go edition.

Except they push that one, your memory problems would not be solved
that is the one am talking about. However it will mean downloading new sets of apps for the go edition. Go edition have been sent as OTA to some Nokia models with android 7. Nokia 2 is next in line and HMD oy, the makers of Nokia phones promise it will role out soon
Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 10:35pm On May 15, 2018
Upgraded the phone last night but i did not notice anything. Maybe it is because i have not used it for long so i did not see what happened.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2 by Nobody: 3:50am On May 16, 2018
geunik:
Upgraded the phone last night but i did not notice anything. Maybe it is because i have not used it for long so i did not see what happened.
do u mean ur monthly security update?
Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 7:34am On May 16, 2018
aro1:
do u mean ur monthly security update?
yes
Re: Nokia 2 by Nobody: 9:34am On May 16, 2018
geunik:

yes
it doesn't rily change much,wot am rily waiting for is update to oreo
Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 10:04am On May 16, 2018
aro1:
it doesn't rily change much,wot am rily waiting for is update to oreo
exactly. But that upgrade may be close to 2gb when it arrives
Re: Nokia 2 by Nobody: 11:01am On May 16, 2018
geunik:

exactly. But that upgrade may be close to 2gb when it arrives
yes o,wot am scared abt is dat i saw on sm twitter review abt nokia 3 receiving d oreo update,nd i saw it cn only be updated tru wi-fi, nd nt everybody has access to wifi hotspot
Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 10:31pm On May 16, 2018
aro1:
yes o,wot am scared abt is dat i saw on sm twitter review abt nokia 3 receiving d oreo update,nd i saw it cn only be updated tru wi-fi, nd nt everybody has access to wifi hotspot
borrow another phone and subscribe data on it after which switch on the hotspot and do your thing. That is about a thousand naira glo data just for an upgrade o. Hmm

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 7:22am On May 20, 2018
OK so yesterday HMD oy the makers of Nokia phones did send me the may version of their regular monthly security update or patch. It was 88mb. However suffered two problems last night that was giving sleepless night. The first was that I was finding it difficult to upload an image to my blog. Was saying previous operation not completed due to low memory. Have happened before but the solution to that one them was not feasible today. So I was really confuse and I wanted to post an article with an image. So I googled. Also the suggestion I saw online did not work for me. Like I said before this problem cuts across bot low end and high end device. It was not the problem of ram as I was having close to 200 mb available. I use ram booster yet nothing. Downloaded fire force and opera browser still did not work. I tried uploading with another android phone with a 512mb ram with opera browser and it did work so I new this is not ram issue. I went to clear history in chrome. I cleared image cache and that was the solution. Now I now tried it in opera and it also worked. Now I have known the solution so next time it will never happen again. The last time it happened it was me using another tab with an image that work. So the problem is usually solve by deleting images from the browser memory as modern browser save images in the cache to increase your browsing speed.
Second problem was a regular red colour that appears on the side of the screen. Googled and found out that it flashes whenever there is an app working for too long and can be stored in the settings. Did that and it worked without stress. I switch off the development options that has somewhat slow down the phone.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2 by Sicilyjoe: 2:50am On May 21, 2018
I will like to buy this Nokia 2, how much is the current price and is it a 2sim or 1sim

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 6:13am On May 21, 2018
Sicilyjoe:
I will like to buy this Nokia 2, how much is the current price and is it a 2sim or 1sim
Your location matters. About 31k and it is two sim

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2018
OK so today HMD oy, the manufacturers of Nokia phones officially released the beta version of Android Oreo popularly known as Android 8 to Nokia 2 device. The official update will be released soon after the beta testing.
I factory reset my phone and the memory card got corrupted because I was using it as an internal storage. I should have removed it before factory reset. I can't format it with the phone. No other phone recognise it. PC doesn't not recognize it. The only way to format it is using some advance process in a PC.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
geunik:
Was working on my blog yesterday with the phone and was saying low memory hence could not perform the task. Went straight to google with the fear that the small ram is the culprit. Even phones with 3gb ram still had same issue. Later discovered that I could not upload the image because that same image was open in another browser. Immediately o close the other browser solution solve. The ear piece that came with the phone is very bad one. Never have I seen such from Nokia. All my phones from beginning have been Nokia except a 2 years period I went for tecno android because Nokia went windows. I hate windows phones with passion.
The 4 g is fast with glo. Just discovered a cool feature. The google voice keyboard works better than previous versions. Now all I do is talk and it translates to text. I can text a full blog post with words of mouth
Wow! Nice one, I am impressed. What store did you get yours from?
Re: Nokia 2 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2018
geunik:
OK so today HMD oy, the manufacturers of Nokia phones officially released the beta version of Android Oreo popularly known as Android 8 to Nokia 2 device. The official update will be released soon after the beta testing.
I factory reset my phone and the memory card got corrupted because I was using it as an internal storage. I should have removed it before factory reset. I can't format it with the phone. No other phone recognise it. PC doesn't not recognize it. The only way to format it is using some advance process in a PC.
bro,is Android oreo available for all Nokia 2 nw,jus saw ds thread nw
Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 9:31pm On Jun 19, 2018
dumo1:

Wow! Nice one, I am impressed. What store did you get yours from?
Slot at lekki
Re: Nokia 2 by geunik(m): 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2018
aro1:
bro,is Android oreo available for all Nokia 2 nw,jus saw ds thread nw
The beta version is available for all Nokia 2 users. To download it, you need to register as a beta tester with your phone IMEI before you will be granted access to the link. Your job is to report back on any problem also known as bug you encounter so that they will fix it before releasing the steady version.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
geunik:

Slot at lekki
Ok Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Glo 30GB For N2500 / Reason Why You Shouldn't Buy A Xiaomi Phone / Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.