Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,640 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike (4415 Views)

Abia Teachers Embark On Indefinite Strike Over Non-Payment Of Salaries / Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike / Benue Workers Begin Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by akelicious(m): 12:15am On May 09, 2018
Workers of Anambra State Customary Court of Appeal and those of customary courts yesterday began an indefinite strike over non-refund of their housing and Pencom fund deductions.

The state chairman of the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN), Mark Ifezue, addressed reporters yesterday in Awka, the state capital, on the action.

The labour leader said the union disagreed with the Customary Court of Appeal over the deductions, which he said lingered for about two years.

He said the deductions from the workers’ salaries were not remitted.

Ifezue said the remittances were either to the Federal Mortgage Bank, Trust Fund Pencom or into the account of the State Customary Court of Appeal.

According to him, when the workers found out that the funds were not remitted into any of the relevant accounts, they demanded immediate refund of their money.

The decision to begin strike, the labour leader said, was taken on May 5, after JUSUN’s congress, following what he called series of demands on the refunds without results.

Ifezue said: “The congress, therefore, resolved that the workers of the Customary Court of Appeal and the State Customary Courts should stay at home, pending when the money is refunded.”

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/05/anambra-state-judiciary-workers-begin.html

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by Debazent1: 4:05am On May 09, 2018
The judiciary in this country are just pawn in the hands of these politicians.We know them,strike or no strike what are they doing?.Absolutely Nothing
Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by Vicolan: 4:05am On May 09, 2018
Nothing is working straight forward in this nation anymore.. Only killings of innocent beings are guaranteed!!!

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by adadike(f): 5:58am On May 09, 2018
My gov Obiano have not been in d news lately, I hope he is not sleeping?

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 6:42am On May 09, 2018
adadike:
This your dp they burst my brain sad
Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by NwaAmaikpe: 7:22am On May 09, 2018
shocked

Nigeria is officially now in shutdown mode.
All due to bad governance.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by carpmam: 7:23am On May 09, 2018
Who cares,they can go to 5years strike
Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by CodeBrain110039: 7:28am On May 09, 2018
hmmm

Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:29am On May 09, 2018
Vicolan:
Nothing is working straight forward in this nation anymore.. Only killings of innocent beings are guaranteed!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:29am On May 09, 2018
Euouae:
Obiano will sign an MOU with effect to that.

Dude just love signing MOU and nothing happens at the end of the day.

Lol grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by wristbangle: 7:30am On May 09, 2018
adadike:

Madam, did you think these demons care about the masses? They are birds of feather and earlier you realise this. Every man for himself. Nothing works again in this country. If you got the opportunity to flee, please do ASAP.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:30am On May 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nigeria is officially now in shutdown mode.
All due to bad governance.

grin grin
Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:32am On May 09, 2018
adadike:
...has...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by engrjacuzzi: 7:40am On May 09, 2018
everything is going worse in Nigeria by the day. Johesu haven't called off their strike, now it's Judiciary in Anambra State, may God help us in this country called Nigeria.
Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by Nonnyflex(m): 7:40am On May 09, 2018
Willie Willie is working
Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by Buffalowings3(m): 7:51am On May 09, 2018
M
Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by hisgrace090: 7:52am On May 09, 2018
They were not being owed any salary but going on strike for what they called ellegal reduction from their salary.

Anambra is working.

If it is in other state it should have been, six or one year salary areas owed to judiciary workers.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by BeijinDossier: 8:01am On May 09, 2018
Mtchew

I was even thinking it was salary. When over 25 states are owing salaries.

Anambra workers are over pampered. They should inquire how it feels in neighboring states where salaries are owed for months and years. Some are paid half salaries.
Re: Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2018
Obiano is working

(1) (Reply)

Polaris Bank 2022 Recruitment / All About FERMA / Difference Between Drilling Engineer And Supervisor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.