Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,522 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike (12638 Views)

Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork / Abia Teachers Embark On Indefinite Strike Over Non-Payment Of Salaries / Man In Aba Charges N20 To Cross People On Bad Road With Wheelbarrow (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by MisterGrace: 3:56pm On Dec 10, 2017
Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike

BY AMUDA DAN SULAIMAN FAB

Traders who came to buy goods at the popular Kogi International Market, Lokoja, the commercial hub of the state on Saturday morning were subjected to a lot of difficulties conveying their goods to various parts of the city as over 1000 truck and wheelbarrow pushers in the market protest alleged imposition of taxes and levies by market officials.

The protest which lasted for over two hours, it was gathered took the intervention of various stakeholders in the market that prevailed on members of the association to resume operation in order to alleviate their customers of the sufferings that they were passing through taking their goods outside the market as a result of the protest.

Some members of the association who spoke to this reporter at the market said that they took to the peaceful protest in order to register their displeasures over what they described as “imposition of taxes, levies and forceful wearing of an apron by the market authority” which they said that they were not consulted before its introduction.

Mr. Abdullahi Usman, spokesman of the truck pushers in the market told reporters that the protest was to register their displeasure that they were not comfortable with the orders of the market authorities.

According to Usman, truck pushers pay the sum of five hundred naira (N500) to the market authority while another member of the association, Emmanuel added that wheelbarrow pushers in the market also pay the sum of N400 daily to the market leadership that was not receipted for including the recent introduction of Apron and taxes which broke the camel’s back as the leadership of the market tried imposing it on them. Moses John, a truck pusher, said: “the road is too bad and we struggle to carry people’s load even in its deplorable condition and yet the market authority still have the mind to impose levy on us, this is what I do to feed myself and my family and settle other bills even though I suffered severely to get up to two thousand naira each Market.”

http://www.austinokai.com/2017/12/10/wheelbarrow-truck-pushers-protest-imposition-of-levies-taxes-in-lokoja/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
BUhari has made every news in Nigeria useless.

21 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by MisterGrace: 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
Cc: Mynd44, Lalasticlala
Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by Timmypromise(m): 6:05pm On Dec 10, 2017
Wheelbarrow strike indefinite............ Ah!!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by smilingface(m): 11:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
government should pay them..is it everybody government must own money
Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by KushyKush: 7:19am On Dec 11, 2017
I feel for them...The levy is too much and irrelevant.

We (the citizens of Nigeria) are 70% problems of this country. The corrupt leaders are there because we want them there.

17 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by Gten(m): 7:19am On Dec 11, 2017
It is over 4 kogi. They are officially the bad news hub of naija.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by adebayo3449(m): 7:19am On Dec 11, 2017
This one strong o
Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by swizzdre(m): 7:20am On Dec 11, 2017
Lol, can anything good come from my state?

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by Sunofgod(m): 7:20am On Dec 11, 2017
IGR....

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by ufuosman(m): 7:20am On Dec 11, 2017
9ja I hail
Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by Abfinest007(m): 7:21am On Dec 11, 2017
even wheelbarrow pushers na have union ok oh am waiting for more drama to unfold

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by koolgee(m): 7:21am On Dec 11, 2017
Really?
Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by Ace16(m): 7:21am On Dec 11, 2017
When our leaders fail to use their thinking cap on how to generate funds they quickly descend on d poor masses. Shame on Kogi state govt. like someone below me they shld jst merge Kogi with Zamfara after all 2 heads r beta than 1

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by TVTKOKO(m): 7:21am On Dec 11, 2017
Hmmmm... For this Nigeria again?? I don't know why, but i feel that Kogi state is cursed angry angry angry angry

When hunger fire them,, nobody go tell them

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by BIGTinfotech: 7:21am On Dec 11, 2017
Like for real? cheesy

Just trying to imagine their demands. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by fuadnero(m): 7:22am On Dec 11, 2017
Lmfao
Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:23am On Dec 11, 2017
Kogi State again

This state should be merge with Zamfara

They ain't doing anything to improve this country...

12 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:23am On Dec 11, 2017
Kogi State again

This state should be merge with Zamfara

They ain't doing anything to improve this country...

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by Rebuke: 7:23am On Dec 11, 2017
Hian! Jxt before dem continue, hope say dem get other alternative for earning a living o.

Hunger isn't any man friend o. Make dem sha no come to armed robber

Wetin even dey do Kogi state sef?
Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by Nwaoguta(m): 7:23am On Dec 11, 2017
Buhari must go

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by Tydie0: 7:23am On Dec 11, 2017
Oga ta oga o ta owo alaru a pe!!!
Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by Turks: 7:23am On Dec 11, 2017
This will affect the economy o
Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by venatus25(m): 7:24am On Dec 11, 2017
This sound funny but there is need for concern, I wonder when everyone will realize and stand up to defend themselves, it is obvious that the system of government is positioned to enrich the wealthy ones and suppress the poor.
If I may ask, why is the market management imposing levy on this struggling guys that are trying hard to make their end needs? Are they discouraging them from their job or to make life more miserable for them? What have they put in place to enable those wheelbarrow pushers to effectively perform their job as results of proceeds from the levy they impose on them?
This is when everyone must be their brother keeper, if you are in position to speak out for their favor please do it before obnoxious system of governance discourage the hardworking one to be lazy, Hope we all know the implications if this happen and it will directly or indirectly affect us all.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by Consray(f): 7:24am On Dec 11, 2017
This is serious.......
Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by SILVA112(m): 7:24am On Dec 11, 2017
so wheelbarrow pushers still can make thing difficult for pipo '' every work day important ooo ''
Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by Ramon92: 7:24am On Dec 11, 2017
smilingface:
I'm sure your smiling face is at your own inability to read and comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by Offpoint: 7:24am On Dec 11, 2017
smilingface:
guy goan read the thread again

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 11, 2017
MisterGrace:
Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike

BY AMUDA DAN SULAIMAN FAB

Traders who came to buy goods at the popular Kogi International Market, Lokoja, the commercial hub of the state on Saturday morning were subjected to a lot of difficulties conveying their goods to various parts of the city as over 1000 truck and wheelbarrow pushers in the market protest alleged imposition of taxes and levies by market officials.

The protest which lasted for over two hours, it was gathered took the intervention of various stakeholders in the market that prevailed on members of the association to resume operation in order to alleviate their customers of the sufferings that they were passing through taking their goods outside the market as a result of the protest.

Some members of the association who spoke to this reporter at the market said that they took to the peaceful protest in order to register their displeasures over what they described as “imposition of taxes, levies and forceful wearing of an apron by the market authority” which they said that they were not consulted before its introduction.

Mr. Abdullahi Usman, spokesman of the truck pushers in the market told reporters that the protest was to register their displeasure that they were not comfortable with the orders of the market authorities.

According to Usman, truck pushers pay the sum of five hundred naira (N500) to the market authority while another member of the association, Emmanuel added that wheelbarrow pushers in the market also pay the sum of N400 daily to the market leadership that was not receipted for including the recent introduction of Apron and taxes which broke the camel’s back as the leadership of the market tried imposing it on them. Moses John, a truck pusher, said: “the road is too bad and we struggle to carry people’s load even in its deplorable condition and yet the market authority still have the mind to impose levy on us, this is what I do to feed myself and my family and settle other bills even though I suffered severely to get up to two thousand naira each Market.”

http://www.austinokai.com/2017/12/10/wheelbarrow-truck-pushers-protest-imposition-of-levies-taxes-in-lokoja/

See what buhari has caused.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by obyrich(m): 7:26am On Dec 11, 2017
Truckpushers on strike? Buhari why? Please they should pay them the minimum wage since they were forcefully repatriated from Libya. Besides, their xmas bonus should be paid in full especially now that petrol price has skyrocketed. That's my submission.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by buchilino(m): 7:26am On Dec 11, 2017
DIS ISN'T ABOUT BUHARI ANYMORE BUT D WICKEDNESS OF D BLACK MAN TO A FELLOW BLACK MAN.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike by kingsfire: 7:26am On Dec 11, 2017
Lol..indefinite strike?

Them no know say hunger dae kill

see mass suicide grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Promotes 2,932 Senior Civil Servants / Being A Professional Female Photographer In Nigeria / ICAN November 2016 Results Released!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.