Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

African Skin, Colonized Minds. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / African Skin, Colonized Minds. (1576 Views)

The Apocalyptic Demons Who Have Colonized Our Politicians And Live In Them / Would Rapture Happen On Mars If We Colonized Mars? / Why All Atheists Must Change Their Minds Before It Is Too Late (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Skin, Colonized Minds. by HappyPagan: 11:39am On May 09, 2018
Hey black man, yeah you, you with the dark skin... come, come over here.

Can I cut your head off, and see what you hide in your head. Don't worry, it'll be painless, I just want to check what thoughts reside in your cranium.

Nice soft neck you got there... **swish** phew, told you that it'd be painless. And the good news is you're still alive... See, you are not your body, just a mind, a. temporary captive in a decaying body.

Anyways, we are not here to talk biology, but psychology. I want to know how you think, what you think of, what you store in this wonderful brain of yours

Shall we?

2 Likes

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by budaatum: 2:33am On May 10, 2018
Na wa with the cut off his head!

1 Like

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by superhumanist(m): 9:44am On May 10, 2018
HappyPagan:

Can I cut your head off, and see what you hide in your head. Don't worry, it'll be painless, I just want to check what thoughts reside in your cranium.

Nice soft neck you got there... **swish** phew, told you that it'd be painless. And the good news is you're still alive... See, you are not your body, just a mind, a. temporary captive in a decaying body.

Anyways, we are not here to talk biology, but psychology. I want to know how you think, what you think of, what you store in this wonderful brain of yours

Shall we?

Say no to tramadol and ganja

1 Like

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by hopefulLandlord: 9:50am On May 10, 2018
superhumanist:

Say no to tramadol and ganja

You're reading OP with a carnal mind, you need the pagan spirit to understand the true meaning of that message

The message of HappyPagan is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of the one true God, FSM

6 Likes

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by superhumanist(m): 10:06am On May 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You're reading OP with a carnal mind, you need the pagan spirit to understand the true meaning of that message

The message of HappyPagan is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of the one true God, FSM

I also serve at the mercy of his noodliness. However, I must say that happypagan's message is not of divine vision but of intoxication of the hard drugs kind.

2 Likes

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by hopefulLandlord: 10:10am On May 10, 2018
superhumanist:

I also serve at the mercy of his noodliness. However, I must say that happypagan's message is not of divine vision but of intoxication of the hard drugs kind.

do not blaspheme our God's messenger, the consequences might be dire.

4 Likes

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by Aaronsrod: 10:12am On May 10, 2018
HappyPagan:

Shall we?

Fool!

Papa Jesus is my whole brain and body.

You can never kill Him. He lives in me FOREVER!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by dalaman: 10:13am On May 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

He'll swim in very hot noodles for all eternity. grin

2 Likes

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by budaatum: 10:14am On May 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Oh what consequences? All sins against gods and their messengers will be washed off with spaghetti water.
dalaman:

He'll swim in very hot noodles for all eternity. grin
Exactly!
Aaronsrod:

Fool!

Papa Jesus is my whole brain and body.

You can never kill Him. He lives in me FOREVER!

Amen!
Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by hopefulLandlord: 10:15am On May 10, 2018
budaatum:

Oh what consequences? All sins against gods and their messengers will be washed off with spaghetti water.

Not the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Sauce, that's unforgivable

2 Likes

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by superhumanist(m): 10:16am On May 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

grin grin
Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by budaatum: 10:17am On May 10, 2018
HappyPagan:

Shall we?
Go on op. You got a few black people here, so find out how and what they think with their wonderful brains.
Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by budaatum: 10:19am On May 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Not the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Sauce, that's unforgivable
What! When was it upclassified? It used to just be the thing you put on top of the noodles!
Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by hopefulLandlord: 10:28am On May 10, 2018
budaatum:

What! When was it upclassified? It used to just be the thing you put on top of the noodles!
grin
Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by budaatum: 10:56am On May 10, 2018
If you look, your sure going to find
Through mankind's history
A colonized mind
The one in power makes laws
Under which the colonized fall
But without god
It's just the blind leading the blind

Colonized Mind, Prince
Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by vaxx: 4:51pm On May 10, 2018
HappyPagan:

Shall we?
yes bro, but i will not mind inputting biology
Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by HappyPagan: 9:23pm On May 10, 2018
Ah, I see the audience have gathered. Some have come with coats and notes, to observe and criticize I hope, to learn I'd prefer. Who knows where this might lead?

So stand,
behind that touchscreen,
swipe up,
let's begin

Aha, where were we? A ripped neck just to satisfy my curiosity. Your brain in my hand, to decipher its inner workings. But what we seek for has no physical trait... the thoughts that make you, the ideas and symbols through which you view the world, the thoughts that form your habits and behaviors... are you your brain, or is your brain you?

hmm... I'll need some help here. where does the self exist? Anyone from the audience? Is self an illusion? If it's, who's having the illusion?
Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by budaatum: 12:28am On May 11, 2018
HappyPagan:
But what we seek for has no physical trait... the thoughts that make you, the ideas and symbols through which you view the world, the thoughts that form your habits and behaviors... are you your brain, or is your brain you?

hmm... I'll need some help here. where does the self exist? Anyone from the audience? Is self an illusion? If it's, who's having the illusion?
My brain is a part of a whole. Just as my hand is not me nor my eyes and heart me, so too is my brain not me.

Myself, is me. It comprises my brain, my leg, my nose etc, and my aura, as in me as perceived by others, or my spirit, as in that of me which I project.

Myself is not an illusion. You are not conversing with a bot! Myself exists in me.

Now, your turn. Is self, an illusion?
Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by HappyPagan: 5:03pm On May 12, 2018
budaatum:

My brain is a part of a whole. Just as my hand is not me nor my eyes and heart me, so too is my brain not me.
I could cut off your limbs, eyes and ears, and you'd still be able to survive.. Damage to the brain will yield a different tale.

A computer can't function without a RAM.

budaatum:

Myself is not an illusion. You are not conversing with a bot! Myself exists in me.
But the 'self' today may not be the same tomorrow... Self is revealed as we walk through time and experience. The 'self' is never stagnant, always changing and adapting, the story of survival.

I think self is an illusion, one formed and moulded by environment and nature on one hand. But whether that illusion holds as one grows into maturity and self-awareness, that's an area where I find myself unable to put my exact thoughts in words.

1 Like

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by budaatum: 9:57pm On May 12, 2018
HappyPagan:

I could cut off your limbs, eyes and ears, and you'd still be able to survive.. Damage to the brain will yield a different tale.

A computer can't function without a RAM.
Really? Even if my ram is removed and the tale is different, you'd still call me buda! You'd even call me buda when I'm dead and cremated.

HappyPagan:
But the 'self' today may not be the same tomorrow... Self is revealed as we walk through time and experience. The 'self' is never stagnant, always changing and adapting, the story of survival.
Yep, I may not be the self today that I was yesterday, but I am still myself, constantly changing and adapting, just a day more evolved.

HappyPagan:
I think self is an illusion, one formed and moulded by environment and nature on one hand. But whether that illusion holds as one grows into maturity and self-awareness, that's an area where I find myself unable to put my exact thoughts in words.
Putting thoughts into words is an art. Just when you've mastered it, your thoughts get more complex so you might see the need to keep honing your skill and playing catch up. Personally, I think you're doing pretty well.

The fact that the self is formed and moulded alone implies that it is way more than illusory, don't you think? The self is not an illusion. And it should not hold on to the past! That would be like asking myself today to do as myself of three years ago did. Three years ago, for reference, I'd walk miles, but these days, I ride to the shop just around the corner. You can imagine how my 2 hour sessions might have sadly become 15 minutes, at a stretch. Oh, when I was a child! Now, I have had to put the childish things aside to face the survival struggles of the moment, just as one should.

1 Like

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by HappyPagan: 8:52pm On May 16, 2018
budaatum:

Really...... , just as one should.
Cool.

For me losing my religion felt like a glass broke within.. There was a sudden moment of realization where it just hit me. And I knew right then I wasn't Christian any longer. I no longer believed the Bible

That phase is the before/after moment of my life - I felt 'born again' so to speak. A verse in the Bible, from 2nd Corinthians, says '' old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." I was new, reset, formatted.

I dumped all I had been taught, all my mind had been fed on. I began to filter my thoughts and I felt a strong desire to know. I sought knowledge; understanding and wisdom came with time.

There are things I do/say today that the old 'me' would never have dreamt of. But is that old me really dead? Sometimes a particularly nasty blasphemy brings a. twinge of guilt. But I find blasphemy therapeutic. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by HappyPagan: 8:57pm On May 16, 2018
vaxx:
yes bro, but i will not mind inputting biology
Your biological contributions are welcome. Feel free.
Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by vaxx: 10:39pm On May 16, 2018
@HappyPagan learn something here , maybe it will perhaps change your perspective. . we continue when you finish studying i may end up explaining spirit to you hence God . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by HappyPagan: 2:07pm On May 17, 2018
vaxx:
@HappyPagan learn something here , maybe it will perhaps change your perspective. . we continue when you finish studying i may end up explaining spirit to you hence God . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus
Thanks. Will go through it ASAP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 17, 2018
vaxx:
Nice one.

PastorAio made reference to this in one of his old posts. I would encourage each one to read it.

1 Like

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by HappyPagan: 12:07pm On May 30, 2018
vaxx:
Done. May we continue?

@budaatum how far, Bros?
Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by HappyPagan: 12:12pm On May 30, 2018
So while the audience continue to argue about self and whose self isn't, let's continue our dissection.

We seek the seat of reason, the temple of awareness, what is that thinks. Dissection helps us to see what's within, letting light into darkness to reveal that which is hidden.

The mind begins empty. An empty mind knows no race, no tongue, has no history, no soul. In the beginning, there was nothing.

And yet, here is something, in my hand, without which you can't function or live.

2 Likes

Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by budaatum: 2:14pm On May 30, 2018
I too wait on vaxx! I am wondering if it will be claimed that the transplantation of my heart makes me a different person.
Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by HappyPagan: 9:24am On Sep 29, 2019
vaxx:
Hi bro
Re: African Skin, Colonized Minds. by vaxx: 10:00am On Sep 29, 2019
HappyPagan:

Hi bro
I am good man. what about you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Massive Protests In Different Parts Of The World Against Covid_19 Vaccines / How Sinful Are You? / Where Is Heaven Located?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.