Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics (3011 Views)

Simple, Quick And Delicious Jollof Rice. Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) / Guests Dragging Hot Amala At An Event Abroad (Photos) / Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by marylandcakes: 12:00am On May 10, 2018

1 Like

Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by Rubyventures: 9:42am On May 10, 2018
marylandcakes:
Pounded plantain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bnzC_0Mp2E

This is very good, Nice and clear Well done.
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by Rubyventures: 12:41pm On May 10, 2018
I've seen a video where the skin was included. this looks quick and easy but does it have the stretchy feel?
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by marylandcakes: 9:27pm On May 10, 2018
Rubyventures:

This is very good, Nice and clear Well done.

Thanks
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by marylandcakes: 11:37pm On May 11, 2018
Rubyventures:
I've seen a video where the skin was included. this looks quick and easy but does it have the stretchy feel?

Yes but if you want more stretch put it back in the pot and place on the fire and stir with a wooden spoon.
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by Rubyventures: 9:58am On May 14, 2018
marylandcakes:

Yes but if you want more stretch put it back in the pot and place on the fire and stir with a wooden spoon.

Thanks, I will definitely try this.
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by marylandcakes: 6:32am On May 15, 2018
Rubyventures:

Thanks, I will definitely try this.

When you do, please let me know how you got on.
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by Rubyventures: 10:52am On May 15, 2018
marylandcakes:

When you do, please let me know how you got on.

Not a problem, I will be trying it this evening.
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by marylandcakes: 8:46pm On May 26, 2018
Rubyventures:

Not a problem, I will be trying it this evening.

Keep mine. grin
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by Rubyventures: 9:36am On May 29, 2018
marylandcakes:

Keep mine. grin

No problem
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by marylandcakes: 8:43am On Jul 22, 2018
A very happy Sunday to my fellow Nairalanders
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by Rubyventures: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2018
and to you too, happy amala eating
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by Rubyventures: 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
I've got to organise a dinner party for about 10 people in December and I need a bit of advice, cos I know you are a guru in that field. Thanks in advance.
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by marylandcakes: 7:25am On Nov 20, 2018
Rubyventures:
I've got to organise a dinner party for about 10 people in December and I need a bit of advice, cos I know you are a guru in that field. Thanks in advance.

Do you need advice on the kind of dish or the table decor?

Are you going for Nigerian dishes or intercontinental ones? Do you want to creat a wow factor?
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by Rubyventures: 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2018
marylandcakes:

Do you need advice on the kind of dish or the table decor?

Are you going for Nigerian dishes or intercontinental ones? Do you want to creat a wow factor?

I wanted to do a mixture of Nigerian, Caribbean and intercontinental . Can you give me names of foods in an idea scenario , I wouldn't be making more than 2 main dishes, also two of my guests are vegetarian.
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by marylandcakes: 7:24am On Nov 21, 2018
Rubyventures:

I wanted to do a mixture of Nigerian, Caribbean and intercontinental . Can you give me names of foods in an idea scenario , I wouldn't be making more than 2 main dishes, also two of my guests are vegetarian.

For the Caribbean you can make curried goat and rice and peas you can’t go wrong. I should have a curried goat video coming out soon.

For the vegetarian you can do macaroni cheese.

You can do Jollof rice or fried rice with oven baked chicken seasoned with jerk chicken seasoning or bbq seasoning.

Do some leaf salad and pim#p it up by adding pomegranate seeds ( check out my videos on that) for desert since it’s getting cold you can do apple crumble with custard or ice cream . Also check ou my video.

If you want to posh up the dinner, bake some bread rolls , nothing beats home made bread , the smell of baked bread in your home makes your guests look forward to your meal and gives a very homely feeling.

Also don’t forget to dress up your table with the right cutlery.

Good luck please let me know how you get on.
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by Rubyventures: 11:30am On Nov 21, 2018
marylandcakes:

For the Caribbean you can make curried goat and rice and peas you can’t go wrong. I should have a curried goat video coming out soon.

For the vegetarian you can do macaroni cheese.

You can do Jollof rice or fried rice with oven baked chicken seasoned with jerk chicken seasoning or bbq seasoning.

Do some leaf salad and pim#p it up by adding pomegranate seeds ( check out my videos on that) for desert since it’s getting cold you can do apple crumble with custard or ice cream . Also check ou my video.

If you want to posh up the dinner, bake some bread rolls , nothing beats home made bread , the smell of baked bread in your home makes your guests look forward to your meal and gives a very homely feeling.

Also don’t forget to dress up your table with the right cutlery.

Good luck please let me know how you get on.

Na wa ooh! I go turn chef by force. Thanks a lot
This is a lot for a novice like me but I will let you know how I get on. Let me get out my food planner, loads to do. (:
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by marylandcakes: 4:23am On Nov 22, 2018
Rubyventures:

Na wa ooh! I go turn chef by force. Thanks a lot
This is a lot for a novice like me but I will let you know how I get on. Let me get out my food planner, loads to do. (:

Ha ha ha Good luck
Re: Fresh Amala Quick And Easy Method Recommended For Diabetics by Rubyventures: 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Can I Use Groundnut Oil To Cook Egusi Soup? / Do You Know A Fruit Commonly Called 'ebelebor'? What About Its Nutrient & Uses? / How People Eat Chicken! True Or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.