Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

How Unhealthy Is Eating Late? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Unhealthy Is Eating Late? (2604 Views)

Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. / These Are The Dangers Of Eating Late At Night / How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Unhealthy Is Eating Late? by arewa4(f): 12:23am On May 22, 2010
i have bn religiously watchin my weight for a year now and i have shed abt 15kg with a strict diet plan and having my dinner by 6-6.30pm. i recently changed my job and this has caused me not to have a constant and planned diet anymore. most times i get home abt 10pm and famished that i have to grab anythin i c to eat, now i feel im beginin to add weight back. wld restrictin my nite meal to beans and vegies help since they r less fattening?
Re: How Unhealthy Is Eating Late? by dmj2009: 1:43pm On May 24, 2010
eating late can make you develop abdominal and body fat. This is because you won't use the food to do any work before you go to bed. Learn more on www.abssecretsexposed.com
Re: How Unhealthy Is Eating Late? by chirkowatson: 11:20am On May 25, 2010
Experts would say that you shouldn't eat anything at least two hours before going to bed because it will take longer for the food to digest and could result in insomnia or other sleep problems.

However, if you are diabetic for example, they would tell you that you need to eat a small snack before bedtime so that your body doesn't take the insulin from your organs but from the food it processes.

If you are looking to bulk up to do muscle building - protein power shakes are sometimes taken about an hour before bedtime.

So if you go to bed at 1:00 AM then you would stop eating at 11:00 PM.

Definitely consult your doctor just in case there is any special medical need that you have before deciding on the latenight snack.

Snacks like veggies are good for late night snack without putting on the pounds in the morning
Re: How Unhealthy Is Eating Late? by agbaje4u(m): 7:07am On May 26, 2010
Arewa, eating late is unhealthy and bad for you. I know you want to maintain your good looks. To do that rather than eating three big meals a day, I will suggest you eat about six small meals daily. This will reduce your craving for food. Increase your intake of protein to 1.5 x your body in grams daily. Reduce your fats and carbs intake to 0.5 x your body weight in grams daily. Avoid pasteries like meat pie, hamburger etc. Increase your intake of fruits, vegetables, nuts and salad. Yes salad with olive oil dressing. Drink lots of water between 8-10 glasses daily is adviseable. Avoid stress at all cost. Be active while at work, brisk walking round the office will do. And sleep well.
For more tips, visit my blog: http://potbellysolutions..com/
Re: How Unhealthy Is Eating Late? by Romeo4real(m): 10:32am On Jun 03, 2010
There is nothing wrong with eating late as most people think - As long as you follow certain guidelines.What u eat, and what time you go to bed is the issue, not the late meal itself. Eating at 12am is late, but if you are going to bed at 3am, then it is ok.

(1) If eating late, do not have a heavy starchy meal. Have something very light that will digest easily, and not release too much Insulin into your blood stream. I will describe the action of Insulin below.

(2) If you eat late, and the meal is a standard meal, simply do not go to bed for at least 3hrs after the meal.
You use energy for bodily functions, so you are burning calories when awake (even if you are doing nothing). Also by being awake, you will use the sugar in your bloodstream (caused by the food you just ate) to power these bodily functions. If you go to bed, this sugar will not be used, and will be "excess", the action of Insulin - released into your blood by the heavy starchy meal will then convert this excess sugar into body fat. This is the mechanism by which a late meal turns into body fat.

My advice is - as long as you are awake, you can eat, because you need the calories. The trick is not to eat heavy if its late, and not to go to bed early after eating.

(1) (Reply)

Buy Quality Fake/real Genuine Passport,driver's License,id Card,visa,work Permit / Ladies In The House! Do You Feel Weak After Your Period? / Benefits Of Alpha Meta / Alpha Spin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.