Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) (63473 Views)

Always Sanitary Pad Removes Feminine Logo To Accommodate Transgender Men / How Doctors Forgot Sanitary Pad Inside Of Me - Woman Delivered Of Twins / Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by Sterope(f): 7:59am On May 11, 2018
She is talking about Always sanitary pad. If it is not Always sanitary pad, it shouldn't be called sanitary pad. We are self conscious when we are menstruating because it is always an uncomfortable experience. It is worse when you use pads instead of tampons. It is much worse when you use thick sanitary pads like diva instead of always. Diva and other cheap pads are very uncomfortable because they are very thick. Using alternatives increases your conscious and esteem levels go from -1 to -100. They are more suitable for night flow not day flow. A woman who loves herself and who can affors to spend more WILL always opt for Always. Our comfort during that period is non-negotiable. I feel bad for those women that cannot afford Always.

walex2:
my company sells DIVA sanitary pad. it just 2,500 naira per pack. and inside a packs we have 50 sachet, and each sachet contains 2 pads. on the average 2 pads is #60. that is #30 per usage. where is the #1000 coming from per month. is she pouring drums of blood each month??

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by Sterope(f): 8:01am On May 11, 2018
Toxic shock syndrome can be life threatening but it is not very common.

MegMich:
Please ladies, whatever you do, stay away from tampons. They can only cause more harm. Toxic shock syndrome is real and common
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by IamPlato(m): 8:04am On May 11, 2018
amakadihot87:
............lol......am very beautiful o......i even won a beauty contest

Your Eye Brow Must Be The Attraction Winning.

More Winnings to Your Eye Brow
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by pocohantas(f): 8:08am On May 11, 2018
Sterope:
She is talking about Always sanitary pad. If it is not Always sanitary pad, it shouldn't be called sanitary pad. We are self conscious when we are menstruating because it is always an uncomfortable experience. It is worse when you use pads instead of tampons. It is much worse when you use thick sanitary pads like diva instead of always. Diva and other cheap pads are very uncomfortable because they are very thick. Your conscious and esteem levels go from -1 to -100. They are suitable for night flow. A woman who loves herself would opt for Always. Our comfort during that period should be non-negotiable. I feel bad for those women that cannot afford Always.

LOL, very funny.
I've never tried any other product though.
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by walex2(m): 8:29am On May 11, 2018
Sterope:
She is talking about Always sanitary pad. If it is not Always sanitary pad, it shouldn't be called sanitary pad. We are self conscious when we are menstruating because it is always an uncomfortable experience. It is worse when you use pads instead of tampons. It is much worse when you use thick sanitary pads like diva instead of always. Diva and other cheap pads are very uncomfortable because they are very thick. Your conscious and esteem levels go from -1 to -100. They are suitable for night flow. A woman who loves herself would opt for Always. Our comfort during that period should be non-negotiable.I feel bad for those women that cannot afford Always.

you got it all wrong Always ultra pad is #450 and is 10 in a packs, #450 divide by 10 give you #45 per sachet. So where is #1000 coming from.
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by Sterope(f): 9:12am On May 11, 2018
Are you claiming to know more about sanitary pads than I do? shocked

There are different types Always pads. The night one and the day one. There are 7 in a single pack and 14 in a double pack. Most people use the day one. The woman in question is referring to packs not individual pad because we calculate in packs. Now you wouldn't know that because it is not your forte undecided. Always used to go for N500 per pack. I used to spend N2000 per month. Depends on where you are buying, it can go as low as N350 per pack NOW.

So our madam here uses at least 14 individual pads in one menstruating month.

walex2:

you got it all wrong Always ultra pad is #450 and is 10 in a packs, #450 divide by 10 give you #45 per sachet. So where is #1000 coming from.
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by Sterope(f): 9:21am On May 11, 2018
I explored diva once.

I followed a sister to the market. She bought diva. I was surprised with how cheap it was. I was genuinely happy that there were cheaper options for those who cannot afford Always. I told her about Always. She looked at me as if I liked throwing money away. We got home and I exchanged one pad for hers. Thirty minutes later, I ripped off the stu.pid pad. It was too thick and uncomfortable.

You should try tampons. I heard it is less messy and more comfortable once you have gotten the hang of t. I am too scared to try.

pocohantas:

LOL, very funny.
I've never tried any other product though.
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by MegMich(m): 10:55am On May 11, 2018
Sterope:
Toxic shock syndrome can be life threatening but it is not very common.

They are uncommon secondary to other risk factors. With tampons, toxic shock syndrome is common. That was it's use drastically reduced
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by walex2(m): 11:00am On May 11, 2018
Sterope:
Are you claiming to know more about sanitary pads than I do? shocked

There are different types Always pads. The night one and the day one. There are 7 in a single pack and 14 in a double pack. Most people use the day one. The woman in question is referring to packs not individual pad because we calculate in packs. Now you wouldn't know that because it is not your forte undecided. Always used to go for N500 per pack. I used to spend N2000 per month. Depends on where you are buying, it can go as low as N350 per pack NOW.

So our madam here uses at least 14 individual pads in one menstruating month.

I dont have time for unnecessary arguement, place the pad you are talking about here. and tell me how many pads you use in total maybe in three to four days you are already using 100 sachets
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by Sterope(f): 11:34am On May 11, 2018
You are igonorant, arrogant and very rude. It is a wonder you have not realised how dumb you sound. How dare you lecture a woman about her feminine business? What experience and knowledge can you claim to have over my business? Do you also tell your mum how to use her pad the right way? I don't have time for stu_pidity.

walex2:

I dont have time for unnecessary arguement, place the pad you are talking about here. and tell me how many pads you use in total maybe in three to four days you are already using 100 sachets
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by breadplanets(f): 1:22pm On May 11, 2018
walex2:

Hian! what are you actually talking about cos am confused?

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by walex2(m): 2:54pm On May 11, 2018
breadplanets:
go back to elementary school
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by walex2(m): 2:55pm On May 11, 2018
Sterope:
You are igonorant, arrogant and very rude. It is a wonder you have not realised how dumb you sound? How dare you lecture a woman about her feminine business? What experience and knowledge can you claim to have over my business? Do you also tell your mum to use her pad the right way? I don't have time for stu_pidity.

you are so stupid. check my profile am older than your mum. to hell with your business and feminist nonsense
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by breadplanets(f): 3:36pm On May 11, 2018
walex2:

go back to elementary school
Headmaster special class grin
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by Sterope(f): 3:51pm On May 11, 2018
Don't mind the ignorant dude.

breadplanets:

Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by pocohantas(f): 3:53pm On May 11, 2018
Sterope:
I explored diva once.

I followed a sister to the market. She bought diva. I was surprised with how cheap it was. I was genuinely happy that there were optuons for those who cannot afford Always. I told her about Always. She looked at me as if I liked throwing money away. We got home and I exchanged one pad for hers. Thirty minutes later, I ripped off the stu.pid pad. It was too thick and uncomfortable.

You should try tampons. I heard it is less messy and more comfortable once you have gotten the hang of t. I am too scared to try.

I'm scared too o. But I will try it and see how it goes.

My sister tried one product that was a market challenger then, trying to give Always competition. She complained it was bulky and eventually returned to Always. I stick to known brands a lot, I am not so good at experimenting products.
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:44pm On May 11, 2018
biacan:
I tell you it's can be so annoying pads are getting expensive especially when you don't have a supportive boyfriend sad and I don't know what's the problem here.......Why can't they distribute pad for free since they do same for condom sad
what stop you from making your own.lazy youth

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:47pm On May 11, 2018
pocohantas:
True talk. When I was younger, they used to share it in schools. They do sensitization programmes, then share it for school girls. I don't see those things no more.

Few weeks ago I realised I don't even know how expensive things have become. So, I started keeping my receipts and going through them. I wonder how millions of Nigerians are coping.
These things shouldn't be expensive.

Organisations should stop declaring mouthwatering PAT and take up some of these things as corporate social responsibilities.

Minimum wage is N18,000 ba? God help us in this country.
God will not help lazy ppl
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:51pm On May 11, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I wonder why it cannot be reduced or even made for free
Did not realise you are this unintelligent
Is there anything that is free on earth
Do you even get water free try you want free manufacturer v product
Is the electricity that they use to produce it free
Transport nko
Do you work for free
Abeg talk like educated person

.In Kenya they made it free for school girls.
They made it free or thru gave it free ?

If women resort to using pieces of clothes,tissues etc which is less expensive they would say it is unhygenic.
ask whoever says its unhygenic to bring money

I wonder why the prices of these pads continue to go higher government or whoever should try to reduce it and make it more affordable.
Smh
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:52pm On May 11, 2018
pocohantas:

Subsidising the price is better. You know lots of Nigerians are so criminal minded, if they decide to make it free...they'll still hijack it and sell.

Using tissue paper, sand and all sorts, is not just unhygienic but dangerous to the female body system.
yet women used it for centuries bfor pads came along
Likeoil subsidy abi
Why don't we subsidise you as a whole
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:54pm On May 11, 2018
Teespice:
I thought it was only me.

the money i spend every month on sanitary pads no be am. I use three packs per month and I have to keep extra just in case so imagine those whose can't afford same.

nobody is saying that pads should be totally free but not as expensive as it is.
you go school so?
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:34pm On May 11, 2018
Be very careful,
I finished this discussion yesterday so don't use your reggae to spoil my blues.I hate insults.
MIKOLOWISKA:

Did not realise you are this unintelligent
Is there anything that is free on earth
Do you even get water free try you want free manufacturer v product
Is the electricity that they use to produce it free
Transport nko
Do you work for free
Abeg talk like educated person

They made it free or thru gave it free ?
ask whoever says its unhygenic to bring money

Smh

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by IVORY2009(m): 5:36pm On May 11, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Be very careful,
I finished this discussion yesterday so don't use your reggae to spoil my blues.I hate insults.

grin grin
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:39pm On May 11, 2018
IVORY2009:

grin grin
Don't be suprised sir,I am a local girl. The man be wan put san san (sand) for my garri.
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by IVORY2009(m): 5:57pm On May 11, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Don't be suprised sir,I am a local girl.
The man be wan put san san (sand) for my garri.

Of-course I trust u, show am pepper..... cheesy
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:58pm On May 11, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Be very careful,
nothing is ever finished on social media
Once you or out pour there it's out
Till you delete it
And i will pour sand in anyone garri that makes dangerous statements that concern me

Ehen if e no concine me i go keep quiet
But expecting me to use my taxpayer moni to pay for frivolity is nonesense and well be called out
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:13pm On May 11, 2018
IVORY2009:

Of-course I trust u, show am pepper..... cheesy
Yes sir,
Hippolyta gives them concoction soup whenever they look for her trouble and she is the mood to give them a taste of her medicine.
I hail sir.
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by IVORY2009(m): 6:16pm On May 11, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Yes sir,
Hippolyta gives them concoction soup whenever they look for her trouble and she is the mood to give them a taste of her medicine.
I hail sir.

Keep it up.....
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:20pm On May 11, 2018
IVORY2009:

Keep it up.....
test her Yansh well
Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by Teespice(f): 8:57pm On May 11, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
you go school so?

is it so hard to read and not comment if you don't have anything sensible to say.

does this comment of yours portray you as someone who went to school at all.

tufiakwa. I jump and pass.

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by AmericanSons: 7:27am On May 12, 2018
Teespice:
I thought it was only me.

the money i spend every month on sanitary pads no be am. I use three packs per month and I have to keep extra just in case so imagine those whose can't afford same.

nobody is saying that pads should be totally free but not as expensive as it is.

Is it a pack that is 500 naira Abi Na single one pad which is placed between the leg that is 500 naira?

What do you think about the idea of reusable sanitary pad?

Please do help me with answer so I can find solution. I get intrigued when people complain in Nigeria. It stirs me into action to find a solution.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys N500 Sanitary Pad. Cries Out After (Photo) by AmericanSons: 7:29am On May 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Yes sir,
I hail sir.
Is it a pack that is 500 naira Abi Na single one pad which is placed between the leg that is 500 naira?

What do you think about the idea of reusable sanitary pad?

Please do help me with answer so I can find solution. I get intrigued when people complain in Nigeria. It stirs me into action to find a solution.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls / British Citizen Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos / Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.